2009.02.19 1:00 pm Haleighs family press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the words to say, that even I would approve of to express how very disappointed I am at catching up on a few threads here today as Haleigh's case has been given it's own forum.

I appreciate the posters who have mercy and wisdom first and foremost concerning Haleigh and her family.

"Money answereth all things", we must help one another. Ron is the sole provider of his family. That provider has been literally slammed off his payroll job by a family crisis that is the heart and terror of every loving parent in all cultures knowing no divides of color, race, sex, age or nationality.

I encourage those that are led to give, your reward shall be great. We don't know who or how many are guilty yet, a grieving Father must have a place to lay his head. Shame!

The comments about not having decent large clear enough photos of Haleigh to view for our discretion, if I had the skills I would photoshop, mix and enlarge, til I came up with an ideal photo for the public to use to try to help locate Haleigh. Then I would forward it to LE and offer it as my way of helping in this case, maybe someone with those skills who claims I wish I could help, can see their way through and be a help to this family and LE. I've seen so many photo shopped comical pranks, jabs, humourous etc... photos done all across the internet, maybe someone here will put that skill to work to help.

I can't even get the facts of the pressor, for the link wouldn't play for me, and I'm still stuck not knowing, only that the Family mentioined donations.

:clap::clap: Thank you for this post, it's what my heart feels also.

Well, I suppose that might change things of why he didn't go with Misty right away...BUT...why was it so important that Misty had to go right then instead of being there for the presser with Ron? HMMM...

So many questions...so little answers!

GREAT question! I hope something VERY useful to finding her safe will come of this!

At this point I feel Ronald could go back to work. Guys need to stay busy. It just might help him to get through the day better. He could leave if there was any word of Haleigh.

If money does come rolling in, there needs to be an independent controller of that money, IMO, and not the family.

God forbid of anything happened like this to my family but if it did, my OH would not be in a fit state to go to work, not a chance! He drags himself into work when he is really ill but he wouldn't be able to function if one of our kids were missing. I certainly wouldn't expect it.

I'm really surprised Rons work will not meet his wage in this situation :confused:

Though it is certainly fair for us to analyze the family's past in these situations, it does not serve the family to go into that detail at a press conference. IMO. He is trying to accomplish two things with his press conference, and they are both focused on finding his daughter. One, he is trying to keep her picture and her story in the public eye, so they will keep looking for her or will recall something that will help. Two, he needs donations and volunteers to keep the search going, and the best way to raise funds as to get the message to as many people. Most families would not be able to pull these types of searches together and keep them going, without financial support.

Obviously, he needs to be open with LE about all of this stuff, so they have all the information they need to work from, but it can sometimes be a distraction to the public, when they see too many bad things about the family. Many people will make the assumption that she is already gone and may no longer look for her, or look at anyone else that might be involved.

Fox is saying theres some news about Haleigh. I wonder if its something we don't know yet.:rolleyes:

I don't have the words to say, that even I would approve of to express how very disappointed I am at catching up on a few threads here today as Haleigh's case has been given it's own forum.

I appreciate the posters who have mercy and wisdom first and foremost concerning Haleigh and her family.

"Money answereth all things", we must help one another. Ron is the sole provider of his family. That provider has been literally slammed off his payroll job by a family crisis that is the heart and terror of every loving parent in all cultures knowing no divides of color, race, sex, age or nationality.

I encourage those that are led to give, your reward shall be great. We don't know who or how many are guilty yet, a grieving Father must have a place to lay his head. Shame!

The comments about not having decent large clear enough photos of Haleigh to view for our discretion, if I had the skills I would photoshop, mix and enlarge, til I came up with an ideal photo for the public to use to try to help locate Haleigh. Then I would forward it to LE and offer it as my way of helping in this case, maybe someone with those skills who claims I wish I could help, can see their way through and be a help to this family and LE. I've seen so many photo shopped comical pranks, jabs, humourous etc... photos done all across the internet, maybe someone here will put that skill to work to help.

I can't even get the facts of the pressor, for the link wouldn't play for me, and I'm still stuck not knowing, only that the Family mentioined donations.

Kool Look, as always, you take the high road! You are all heart. Hope you are feeling better!:blowkiss:

God forbid of anything happened like this to my family but if it did, my OH would not be in a fit state to go to work, not a chance! He drags himself into work when he is really ill but he wouldn't be able to function if one of our kids were missing. I certainly wouldn't expect it.

I'm really surprised Rons work will not meet his wage in this situation :confused:

Actually, we don't know that they aren't.

I have a sad question....

WHY is the reward for her return so low??? Caylee's was very high. WHY is it so very different for different children?

I don't really know, and many of the missing kids barely get a headline let alone a reward.

The only thing I can think of that makes any sense to me is people are drawn to what they can identify with, and on the *surface* the Anthony's in the beginning looked a lot like "us" to use the term loosely.

Middle class family, relatively nice home but nothing over the top, two adult children, a beautiful grandchild. On the surface Casey probably looks a lot like many middle class people's college age daughter.

Not as many people are looking at Ron and Misti and saying that could be us. She so reminds me of my daughter. That could be son on TV. Easier to disconnect from them. As it became easier to disconnect from the Anthony's.

I don't really know, and many of the missing kids barely get a headline let alone a reward.

The only thing I can think of that makes any sense to me is people are drawn to what they can identify with, and on the *surface* the Anthony's in the beginning looked a lot like "us" to use the term loosely.

Middle class family, relatively nice home but nothing over the top, two adult children, a beautiful grandchild. On the surface Casey probably looks a lot like many middle class people's college age daughter.

Not as many people are looking at Ron and Misti and saying that could be us. She so reminds me of my daughter. That could be son on TV. Easier to disconnect from them. As it became easier to disconnect from the Anthony's.

You put it so much better than I did.

What searches are the family required to pay for?

Maybe no paternity test has even been done to see exactly whose child it is.

Then I wonder how the mother is supporting this baby. She could not get any form of public asssitance if she did not name the father, or if a paternity test was not in the works. JMO

None that I know of....did you read something that said they have to pay???

Maybe I misunderstood....I thought the donations were to help with the search.

At least the reward for Haleigh did go up a little. $6000 was laughable. Considering some of the players, anyone with info might be endangering their lives if they give it. I don't know many people, even homeless, that would accept $6000 as a trade for their safety or life. So $16,000 is a little better.
Not enough, but I don't think that a million is enough as an exchange for info that could save someone's life, especially a childs.

I lost the darn link for the live feed again, has someone started a new link for that?

PattyG

If you look at Madeleine McCann and Caylee Anthony the rewards were big, in Madeleine's case it was £1 million. I think some children grab attention while others don't, very sad but true. But it seems that it's middle class families who get the huge rewards, maybe I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288