New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

If I may, I'd like to add one more note...
If an officer of law enforcement(Jesse Ewing)risks his life, job, reputation, and financial stability to turn over what he thinks is crucial evidence to PI Kirk Menard and then gets trashed to the nenth degree by press and LE, what makes anyone think us small people have a chance?
IMHO, I think what Jesse Ewing did was brave, and the right thing to do!
Not something you are seeing much around here...

Wow, what was the one girl that is missing's name? Can you say? Who was in control of that ring? Male/Female? Was the bust in the papers?

brownie....I have searched and have not been able to locate any media coverage of the event. I did contact someone (anonymous) and asked if they had knowledge of the bust. The response was that they had heard many stories about Boudreaux Inn and the drugs and prostitution there. No one cares to "talk on the record" though. The stories have yet to be proven "untrue".

Freaky living in fear. Had no idea it all went back to that one bust. Did anybody else? I remember when that happened. I did hear very little about it. Wasn't someone shot during that bust? They know who it is! Hope that girl that dissappeared is writing her journal or writing her a movie. If a cop or cops are involved, I think they should do time in the jail with all the fugitives and NOT be given a special place, because they are an ex-cop. Let them holler for their lives!

I know I sound harsh, but man that pisses me off. PROTECT THEM, SERVE THEM

brownie....do you remember when that happened....date wise?

I guess I may be getting a call now huh?

I think I remember a picture being in the paper. IF we are talking about the same one. It was the Jennings Daily News Paper. I will try to find out though. It will take time.

The mass arrest of all these women seems very unlikely. However, if it did occur it would be part of public record. Anyone could go to the courthouse and request the records. There is probably a nominal fee. If this is true, I would have to guess that the girl who moved away may have actually been killed as well.

LE would not prevail in a lawsuit against you for stating your opinion online on a message board if you had clearly marked it as your opinion. If they do try to sue you, get an attorney from New Orleans or Baton Rouge with no ties to JD parish. Watch how quickly the suit gets dropped when it comes time to depose EVERYONE in the JDP sheriff's office. They have a lot of "Lack of activity" to answer for in the past three years, pre-dating 17 year old Britney's murder. This is all in my humble opinion. To even threaten such a suit may be considered malfeasance. This would go up the food chain to whoever told them to threaten you as well. It may also violate your civil rights. If you are called again, tape the conversation. I am almost positive LA is a one party consent state. It sounds like it is time to speak with an attorney who is from far enough away to not give a flying rat's rear end about local politics or hurt feelings in the heirarchy of JDP.

Lest we forget about Ewing, (article complete with picture of Ewing)

http://localgovwatch.blogspot.com/2007/12/louisiana-cop-accused-of-leaking.html

"Jennings, Louisiana, Police Sergeant Jesse Ewing allegedly turned over privileged information about an ongoing investigation to a private citizen - but it doesn't stop there.

While the Louisiana State Police West District Detectives were investigating Ewing,
they learned of allegations by a female Jennings City Jail inmate that Ewing had participated in inappropriate sexual conduct with her - allegations that Ewing did not deny.

Trooper Sal Messina with Louisiana State Police Troop D says, "When they interviewed Ewing, he admitted to giving the information to the private investigator. He also admitted to the inappropriate sexual conduct."

For the leak in information, Ewing has been charged with obstruction of justice. With the sexual misconduct, under Louisiana law, even if the act was consensual, it is a crime for a law enforcement officer to have any kind of sexual contact with an inmate.

Jennings Police Chief Johnny Lassiter says they have placed Ewing on administrative leave with pay, pending further investigations by State Police.

Ewing could face up to five years in prison on the obstruction of justice charge and up to ten years on the malfeasance involving sexual misconduct charge."........

WOW! administrative leave with pay?..:sheesh:

I found this story interesting. Will just post a portion of it.......

I agree, a very interesting article..I too, found this quite eye-opening..
Quote:
On December 8, 2007 two female inmates requested to speak with officer Ewing specifically.
They wanted to give him information about four mysterious female deaths in the area…..it was supposedly information that had not been publicly released.
Over a period of two days, Ewing interviewed and recorded both inmates separately.
Alarmed by the consistency in the women’s statements, Ewing was hesitant to report the information within his department or to his superior.

Both women alleged a cover-up involving a high elected parish official or high ranking law enforcement officer. Instead, he turned the information over to friend, and private investigator, Kirk Menard.

The mass arrest of all these women seems very unlikely. However, if it did occur it would be part of public record. Anyone could go to the courthouse and request the records. There is probably a nominal fee. If this is true, I would have to guess that the girl who moved away may have actually been killed as well.

LE would not prevail in a lawsuit against you for stating your opinion online on a message board if you had clearly marked it as your opinion. If they do try to sue you, get an attorney from New Orleans or Baton Rouge with no ties to JD parish. Watch how quickly the suit gets dropped when it comes time to depose EVERYONE in the JDP sheriff's office. They have a lot of "Lack of activity" to answer for in the past three years, pre-dating 17 year old Britney's murder. This is all in my humble opinion. To even threaten such a suit may be considered malfeasance. This would go up the food chain to whoever told them to threaten you as well. It may also violate your civil rights. If you are called again, tape the conversation. I am almost positive LA is a one party consent state. It sounds like it is time to speak with an attorney who is from far enough away to not give a flying rat's rear end about local politics or hurt feelings in the heirarchy of JDP.

I agree with your whole post. Levity is needed and desired in this case. I would like to see proof of this mass arrest. It seems that citizens won't accept a serial killer either unless it is tied to LE. I know about corruption in small Louisiana towns but usually it has to do with ego not murder. I will stand corrected.

IMO, too much emphasis is placed in the wrong areas. I think of Englade leaving office and it wasn't that he was tied to any of the murders but his incompetence screamed for resolve.

I think if a mass arrest, as you described it Bobby, is true and on record, Kirk probably has a copy of those documents already. He may not be at liberty to disclose that though. It does sound inconceivable about a mass arrest but not entirely impossible. This case seems to have a lot of oddities surrounding it. Sometimes I get the sense there are parallel crimes involved with this whole case. Serial killer just doesn't seem to fit right label wise.

There may be other crimes going on while these murders occurred. In fact, I would bet there were other crimes. Generally, in Louisiana, LE doesn't like to acknowledge serial killers. It has gone on for many years and there have been several. It occurs in pockets all over but mostly in south Louisiana. I have some opinions about that but will refrain.I guess I don't have much more to say. No efforts to find the SK have been made by sleuthers only to enjoin local politics and lay blame. I have avoided Louisiana politics for a long time and will continue to do so as nothing is ever resolved. And, nothing is being done to resolve this case either. IMO.

Calling in the ACLU will only lay more disgrace at the feet of the victims and more sensationalism while not seeking justice. These young women deserve justice.

Mysterylover...Jesse Ewing is on the force with the Gueydan, LA police department now. He is also running for the position of Mayor of Jennings.

Perhaps drugs are some how related. Maybe this killer isn't really "into" killing for the sheer joy, plotting or salivating at his next kill. Maybe the motive itself is the common denominator, drugs. Even if the girls weren't on them, their boyfriends sold or hung out at dealers homes, etc. Maybe its a cop who needs a fix and has to kill after getting high with these women to "cover" his *advertiser censored*. Maybe its a drughead who can't afford the cost of drugs, so he kills them after gets his fix. The fact is all these women (or most) had high levels of drugs in their system. Since some are claimed to have been "clean", the perp obviously has access to drugs. I doubt Brittany was walking home high as a kite. This person probably has a narc rap or has access to drugs, like someone in law enforcement.

Blued by me.

This is something I have an issue with. I am not sure exactly what that means. Does drugs mean marijuana, crack, meth, Tylenol, heroin, aspirin, oxycontin, or what? I have also heard it alluded to that they were trading sex for drugs. There is no official confirmation of prostitution or a specific drug. The sheriff said they were involved in high risk lifestyles. He did not expound or confirm anything beyond rumors. Did they have residue in their systems from a legitimate pharmaceutical that they had a prescription for?

These women have been painted in a bad light. It may be deserved, or not. I just wonder why there is such vagueness in the official comments. The fact remains that they were murdered. No actions on their part that I have heard of justifies this.

Also, It seems that Mr. Ewing acted with good intentions and the public's best interest in mind when he turned over the discs. It is just a shame that a law was apparently broken by his actions. When is his sentencing date set for?

Quote snipped...
Also, It seems that Mr. Ewing acted with good intentions and the public's best interest in mind when he turned over the discs. It is just a shame that a law was apparently broken by his actions. When is his sentencing date set for?

A Grand Jury cleared Ewing on two of the charges, Obstruction of Justice and Malfeasance in Office, Sexual Conduct Prohibited. Although Ewing originally faced up to 15 years in prison on felony charges he was sentenced to 6 months in jail. The judge suspended that sentence in lieu of Ewing being placed on 6 months supervised probation, $250 in fines and court costs, 16 hours community service and a refresher course at a law enforcement academy.

Mr. Ewing is currently an officer with the Gueydan Police Department AND.....he's thrown his hat in the ring as a candidate for the office of Jennings Mayor!!

Read more here.

Thanks Mahmoo. I reckon I'd like to hear those tapes. While minimal credence is probaly given to them due to the sources, there was apparently a whole bunch of verifiable facts in them. Apparently Mr. Ewing did absolutely nothing wrong and was called down on a technicality, even though acting in good faith in a tough situation.

Thanks Mahmoo. I reckon I'd like to hear those tapes. While minimal credence is probaly given to them due to the sources, there was apparently a whole bunch of verifiable facts in them. Apparently Mr. Ewing did absolutely nothing wrong and was called down on a technicality, even though acting in good faith in a tough situation.

It is rather amazing how Ewing got chastised instead of "supported" isn't it? Another question in the list that continues to grow longer by the day is "why?"

It seems to be getting even more curious....we have the unsolved death of Sheila Comeaux that seems to have some undeniably curious information surrounding her death and now, this information about another unsolved death (Rat Trahan) in JDP as posted by SilenceDogood, on February 26th, 2009 at 6:08 PM .
It is reported that Loretta Chaisson was in the residence and witnessed the abduction of Rat Trahan by his killers. She was later murdered.
I really enjoy reading your take on things....let me know what you think. By the way...are you in law enforcement? an attorney?....just curious :).

I really enjoy reading your take on things....let me know what you think. By the way...are you in law enforcement? an attorney?....just curious :).
Respectfully snipped.

Neither LE or Attorney. Have family ties to Jennings, Lake Charles, Gueydon, Iowa, Sulphur, New Orleans, Alexandria, Baton Rouge, etc. Jennings ties all died or moved away.

I'm getting that ole feelin' in mah bones that he is going to be arrested before too long. FBI involvement cuts out a lot of the BS factor. Private enterprise is also helping keep 'em pointed in the right direction. I'm betting a few dollars he is home grown.

I hope Ewing gets that mayor position! He seems an honest fellow, Lord knows we need a lot more honest people in polictics, and i'm sure he'd look out for the people of Jennings. He already put himself on the line to get that information across on the killings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back