2009.03.11 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!! I heard that also and found it quite odd. IIRC NG was just cutting to commercial break, but NG asked why she was using past tense and she said she didn't have the health problems anymore??? Why would she make such an statement?

It's called putting your foot in your mouth! She was referring to Haliegh in the past tense and when NG pointed that out she came up with that excuse about not having the health problems anymore.

It's called putting your foot in your mouth! She was referring to Haliegh in the past tense and when NG pointed that out she came up with that excuse about not having the health problems anymore.

Hmmmm. That could so be taken another way.

Well, I don't know what that lady intended to mean by that statement, but she sure worded it oddly, regardless. It didn't leave me with a good feeling about her implication there...

I agree, I think Jr has it hard enough dealing with the loss of his big sissy, probably his most constant companion since birth. He doesn't need to deal with any other large losses at the moment, IMO
Exactly.

Yes it sounded like backtracking to me too. Although, sadly, she's probably right about the past tense. :(

I don't recalling any mention of the specific reason. Isn't Turners Syndrome incurable?

I may have heard wrong, but when the lawyer got called by Nancy on using past tense language, she mentioned a bout with pneumonia and bronchial problems... implying that Haleigh didn't have those specific problems anymore.

Does anyone know how often a child with Turner's Syndrome has to see a doctor just for regular visits?

Just as a reminder for those who missed Nancy Grace at 8 (like me, lol)..it's on again at 10pm.

I may have heard wrong, but when the lawyer got called by Nancy on using past tense language, she mentioned a bout with pneumonia and bronchial problems... implying that Haleigh didn't have those specific problems anymore.

Does anyone know how often a child with Turner's Syndrome has to see a doctor just for regular visits?
It depends on the medical issues that they have because of the TS. If no serious medical problems from it, just regular pediatrician visits. If taking growth hormones, they would need to see an endocrinologist about 2 or 3 times a year.

I thought the mention of bronchial problems came up when NG said about CS missing 12 Dr. appts for Haleigh, and she said they had to look into Rons care of her because she had bronchial problems (something like that). The whole past tense thing came and went quickly as they cut to commercial, she didn't have much time for explanation, IIRC, but her explanation for using past tense was clearly lacking and slightly alarming..

ETA: I know from reading court docs that Haleigh also has a cyst on her kidney, if that means anything to people who know more about Turners...

Just as a reminder for those who missed Nancy Grace at 8 (like me, lol)..it's on again at 10pm.
I don't remember exactly how many minutes, but it seemed she was well into the show before she started talking about Haleigh. :)

Im glued to the tv now because I missed the 8oclock kiddies dont want to go nightnight, I am sooo sad about the fact that they havent gotten any more clues (that we know of) in this case...I was so hoping we would have some answers, Pray for poor Haleigh..

I don't remember exactly how many minutes, but it seemed she was well into the show before she started talking about Haleigh. :)

I believe it was the last 30 to 25 minutes of the show:)

I thought the mention of bronchial problems came up when NG said about CS missing 12 Dr. appts for Haleigh, and she said they had to look into Rons care of her because she had bronchial problems (something like that). The whole past tense thing came and went quickly as they cut to commercial, she didn't have much time for explanation, IIRC, but her explanation for using past tense was clearly lacking and slightly alarming..

ETA: I know from reading court docs that Haleigh also has a cyst on her kidney, if that means anything to people who know more about Turners...
It's kind of like a cyst on an ovary. You can treat it and it will go away (or burst---ouch--and then be gone).

It's kind of like a cyst on an ovary. You can treat it and it will go away (or burst---ouch--and then be gone).

Ok, well those docs were from around 3 years ago, IIRC, so that probably is longer relevant then. I don't know if it maybe indicative of other symptoms she may suffer though as I really don't know much about it...

Did anyone catch this - when she and NG were talking about the missed dr's appts? NG sd missed 12 with the mother, attorney said missed with father too, NG sd something and attorney sd "she doesn't have the health problems anymore?"!!!!!!!!!! Why would Haleigh not have the health problems anymore?

thank you, this is how i heard it. re-watching now. Hope to clear it up. ETA: Thanks for starting the thread. Don't know where to go lately for NG.lol

ok i have nancy on now, when does she talk about haleigh?? i didnt catch the first five minutes...oh my

thanks i always feel like im the last one to hear things so thanks again!

"She doesn't have the problems anymore."

Maybe everyone stopped blowing smoke in her face and her bronchitis went away? Do they go outside to smoke because of her breathing issues?

Maybe after 12 no-shows Dr. appointments, someone finally took her to the pediatrician's office and got her some medication and she got better?

So, strange that one of the very first things I remember Ron saying was "this is not a custody thing" and refused to say anything bad about CS or her mom, even though they had both said horrible things about him. Now, here we go - a custody issue. CS is going to try to take Jr. away. Why? Because he is living with his father who is shacked up with a minor. And, she would get it too - because dad is abusing a child in the home - MC! LE isn't interested in the criminal aspect of the major/minor relationship - yet, but the custody dispute will make this THE issue.

When asked, "why the past tense?" The lawyer replied, "Because she doesn't have those physical problems anymore."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member