Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kat

Above bolded by me:

ITA, where on earth is the outcry for little Adji? Why has the media stopped coverage for him? My heart just breaks for the little guy, and he is not getting the attention he deserves IMO.

I think little Adji doesn't get the media attention because his family doesn't speak English, only Creole, and everything would have to be done through interpreters. What fun is that for news media folk? They'd have to translate everything for us. Couldn't you just imagine how different Caylee's case would have been if Cindy only spoke Creole? How does one say "rotten pizza in the trunk" in that language. We would have missed a lot of her antics not knowing her language.

Of course, language isn't a barrier in other cases that don't stay in the spotlight, but I'm thinking it could be because the families keep to themselves and not make themselves "media darlings". The less controversial, the less interest, maybe?

(my bold)

He says he's sick of the scrutiny over his private life, yet he gets down on one knee in the middle of Chili's and pops the question knowing that it'll end up all over the news. :confused:

Either he's a glutton for punishment, or he purposely did it for the attention and money.

I think it's the latter. JMO.

Added to the fact that Ron doesn't strike me as a "down on the knee type guy". He was drawing attention to himself, just as he was drawing attention to himself on the first day that Haleigh went missing when he threw himself down on his knees - I think in front of his home. Nothing that Ron does or says strikes me as sincere - it is a huge act - contrived to present himself in as favorable a light as possible. Even his sing song pleadings to bring Haleigh home, have no real feelings behind them - just a bunch of empty words. MOO The only things real about Ron are his anger and arrogance.

I found it odd as well. Here was an opportunity to showcase Hayleigh on national television and he wears a different shirt and she has a hoodie on covering half of hers, it looks like she slept in that.

It just seemed to me that his words (paraphrasing) were "Stop looking at me, Look for my daughter", but his demeanor and clothing said, "Look at me".

Besides many other things, that conflict alone set off the hinky meter. I am not saying that Ron is involved in the disappearance. Just something's not right with those 2.

snipped

Although TN was not officially on the force, just being part of the "circle" is enough in small towns.

Yep.... I agree, we have a "good ole boys" setup here too, between the Judge, DA as well as the public defenders. Just makes me sick to think this can happen in this day and age!!! Who's going to challenge them unless they're a millionaire? :rolleyes: :furious:

We have it in my small, rural county also. Just had a case where it came to light that the court clerk was told to not send out a hearing notice to someone so the cops could then go out and arrest him (put him in jail) on a warrant for failure to appear. The judge we had for over 20 years is now sitting in a Federal Jail for extortion and other crimes. It does still happen!!

NOTE: When I moved hear years ago one of the first things I heard was how this judge was the biggest cocaine dealer around.

Thanks Raeann for that viewpoint from a LE officer. Very interesting.

Re the interview on Today, there was one thing that surprised me besides Misty's 'I don't know' comment. At the end Ron said I love you to Haleigh in case she was watching. Then he just stopped and sat there.

Why didn't he say 'Don't worry Haleigh, we are going to find you and bring you home' or SS.

It left me with a real empty feeling about both of them.

Scandi,

I agree, when Misti said the "I don't know" answer to Meredith asking why the inconsistencies as to where Haleigh was sleeping, I immediately thought oh, uh uh, no way. This gilr knows something for SURE.

However, what weirded me out even more and made me even more POSITIVE, that both Ron and Misti know something more, is when Misti was asked why the inconsistencies in her versions of where they were sleeping, did anyone notice, before she answered, I don't know, she paused and looked at Ronald, like she was wanting him to interject and talk for her and then she said I don't know. If you didn't catch it, go back and watch it because it surely nailed it for me.

She's sticking to her story and Ronald married her to make her happy and stick to her story. I'm sure of it. This guy is totally hiding something.

There's one more thing I wanted to say about this wedding and I guess this is good a place as any. In the video of Ronald's mother talking about the wedding and how Haleigh wanted this and the couple didn't have time to do ir before. It was on Wesh. Sorry, I had the link but lost it. I can come back and edit it to the post. Anyway, she says, now Haleigh will have Misti as her mommy. I'm sorry, that ticked me off and was extremely disrespectful to Crystal! Haleigh has a mother and it is NOT Misti, nor will it ever be. If you ever go through counseling after a divorce, they first thing they tell you, is DO NOT bring in another spouse and refer to her/him as the child's mother or father. It hurts the child, when they have a mother or father already and in the picture. Misti could be referred to as a step mother, maybe. But don't say she now as Misti as her mommy.
Anytime, I've heard Crystal talk to Haleigh on tv, she ALWAYS says, Haleigh your mommy loves and misses you and your daddy loves and misses you. Ronald's mother is really getting on my last nerve.

Sorry at 17 she is not a woman.

I dont know of any one that gets proposed to at family dinners ? isnt it normally a romantic kind of time ?

That , where he proposed to Misty was NOT romantic and certainly not with the ?
Weddings are not usually rushed like that either.

Even the church has issues with it so that they had to do it at the back yard

There was nothing *honouring* about this wedding proposal, wedding or anything else

I actually felt bad for Misti, here she wanted a pretty wedding and Ron couldn't even dress up a little bit to make her happy, I though he totally disrespected her. They looked bizarre standing next to each other.

Scandi,

I agree, when Misti said the "I don't know" answer to Meredith asking why the inconsistencies as to where Haleigh was sleeping, I immediately thought oh, uh uh, no way. This gilr knows something for SURE.

However, what weirded me out even more and made me even more POSITIVE, that both Ron and Misti know something more, is when Misti was asked why the inconsistencies in her versions of where they were sleeping, did anyone notice, before she answered, I don't know, she paused and looked at Ronald, like she was wanting him to interject and talk for her and then she said I don't know. If you didn't catch it, go back and watch it because it surely nailed it for me.

She's sticking to her story and Ronald married her to make her happy and stick to her story. I'm sure of it. This guy is totally hiding something.

There's one more thing I wanted to say about this wedding and I guess this is good a place as any. In the video of Ronald's mother talking about the wedding and how Haleigh wanted this and the couple didn't have time to do ir before. It was on Wesh. Sorry, I had the link but lost it. I can come back and edit it to the post. Anyway, she says, now Haleigh will have Misti as her mommy. I'm sorry, that ticked me off and was extremely disrespectful to Crystal! Haleigh has a mother and it is NOT Misti, nor will it ever be. If you ever go through counseling after a divorce, they first thing they tell you, is DO NOT bring in another spouse and refer to her/him as the child's mother or father. It hurts the child, when they have a mother or father already and in the picture. Misti could be referred to as a step mother, maybe. But don't say she now as Misti as her mommy.
Anytime, I've heard Crystal talk to Haleigh on tv, she ALWAYS says, Haleigh your mommy loves and misses you and your daddy loves and misses you. Ronald's mother is really getting on my last nerve.

Yuo are so right it came off like a big FU to Crystal.

I really felt sorry for Ron's mom at first. Now I am seeing her as a very manipulative woman protecting her son. Her referring to Misty as Haleigh's mom really hit me the wrong way.
It seems that Ron is moving on with his life in many ways. When is he going back to work? It doesn't look like he is spending a lot of time looking for Haleigh anyway. If he is planning to stay home until she is found, that could be a very long time.

For what it's worth, here are my impressions of the Today show. In the beginning shot they both look like they don't wanna be there. No handholding, no looking at each other, defensive postures, Ronald arms crossed, slightly defiant, Misty looking scared, hands between thighs. Stiff expressions.

The tape: inconsistencies in their statements, first happy day in a month, last known person to have seen H, church does not agree with union, known each other only six months, I don't know I was at work, man in black, police more concerned about Misty's timeline, police satisfied that Ronald does not know, Misty different story, spousal privilege might be a problem.

Did RC and MC see the tape that they showed before the interview? Wonder what they think of it. It brings up the problems in their story. Might have made them defensive.

Good mornings are said, they look sulky. "Why did you come here, what do you want to accomplish?" He could have told us about Haleigh and made her the focus but he makes himself the focus when he starts off complaining that he doesn't want his personal life talked about. My daughter, I wanna find her. Note to self: He is a newly wed man as of yesterday and his wife has been talked about as much as he has but he does not say "our personal life", he says "my personal life". Not "we wanna find her", "I wanna find her".
Looking down when he says that he's happy with LE so far. Smiling a little when saying that Junior's story is more of Crystal and her mother's garbage.
Answers "I was at work" to a question which it is not an answer for. Small smirk, jaw up.

Misty nodding sadly when the interviewer says she cared deeply for. Why did she walk out of interview. "New guy very rude, yelling...". Has she never been yelled at before? Jerky head movements. "Accused of lying." Upset, insulted, like it's totally over the line to call her a liar (what does she expect when all of her stories can't be true at the same time??) . Ronald says it was after she had passed polygraphs, Misty echoes. "You did?" Ronald: "Absolutely". Small smirk again.

"Inconsistencies in your story, can you clarify". Jerky head movements again, nods and shakes her head at the same time. "Washing my blanket, uh, our blankets". How many blankets did she wash? Another new timeline. Was about to call Ronald even before she noticed Haleigh was gone. Ronald: "Just home from my shift at work."

"Why were there inconsistencies?"
Sucks lips in, looks down, umm, long pause, looks at husband, somebody help me out here, he looks down, still arms crossed. "I don't know.". "But you know you did do that." "Yeah." "And you're not sure why." She looks sad and alone. I feel sorry for her.

"Why was it important for you to get married, Ronald?"
"I don't know. I think my little girl would have wanted it. Would have wanted her to be there. Better party when she comes back." I feel sorry for Misty, it seems the wrong answer. A bridegroom oughta know why he married. My child might have wanted it, not a word about what he wanted, what he likes and respects about his wife. Not a word about we love each other and want to support each other during this difficult time. How far will it carry their marriage that a missing girl would have wanted to be in at a wedding party?

"Focus still on my personal life. Not anybody else's business what I do with my personal life." It's still about him, not them as a couple or a family.

He does not understand what his personal life has to do with national tv, his daughter's disappearance has to do with tv. Is he really so dim that he does not realize at all that since his family members have not been cleared as suspects, as far as everybody else who was not there that night is concerned, his personal life might be very relevant to finding Haleigh? Maybe it is irrelevant like he says but we don't know that for sure, given that he's married the last person who saw her alive and who has given an inconsistent story.

"I go to work, I support my family." Yes, we know that. "Daughter's face on tv and get her found" Hope so. "Did she care very much about Misty?" Ronald: "Absolutely". Misty nodding sadly.

"Please call the crime stoppers." Looking unconvinced. "If my little girl is watching, baby I love you." That's a very curt message for the child if she's watching.

"Do you believe that you're a suspect?" Misty: "No." Ronald: "I spoke to John Merchant." Smile and pause. Interviewer: "And.." "She's not a suspect."

He calls her Haleigh now. For a while he did several interviews where he didn't even once, as far as I noticed.

I still don't know what happened to Haleigh but these two ain't telling all they know, and I'm afraid their marriage is going to be rocky.

:clap::clap:
For what it's worth, here are my impressions of the Today show. In the beginning shot they both look like they don't wanna be there. No handholding, no looking at each other, defensive postures, Ronald arms crossed, slightly defiant, Misty looking scared, hands between thighs. Stiff expressions.

The tape: inconsistencies in their statements, first happy day in a month, last known person to have seen H, church does not agree with union, known each other only six months, I don't know I was at work, man in black, police more concerned about Misty's timeline, police satisfied that Ronald does not know, Misty different story, spousal privilege might be a problem.

Did RC and MC see the tape that they showed before the interview? Wonder what they think of it. It brings up the problems in their story. Might have made them defensive.

Good mornings are said, they look sulky. "Why did you come here, what do you want to accomplish?" He could have told us about Haleigh and made her the focus but he makes himself the focus when he starts off complaining that he doesn't want his personal life talked about. My daughter, I wanna find her. Note to self: He is a newly wed man as of yesterday and his wife has been talked about as much as he has but he does not say "our personal life", he says "my personal life". Not "we wanna find her", "I wanna find her".
Looking down when he says that he's happy with LE so far. Smiling a little when saying that Junior's story is more of Crystal and her mother's garbage.
Answers "I was at work" to a question which it is not an answer for. Small smirk, jaw up.

Misty nodding sadly when the interviewer says she cared deeply for. Why did she walk out of interview. "New guy very rude, yelling...". Has she never been yelled at before? Jerky head movements. "Accused of lying." Upset, insulted, like it's totally over the line to call her a liar (what does she expect when all of her stories can't be true at the same time??) . Ronald says it was after she had passed polygraphs, Misty echoes. "You did?" Ronald: "Absolutely". Small smirk again.

"Inconsistencies in your story, can you clarify". Jerky head movements again, nods and shakes her head at the same time. "Washing my blanket, uh, our blankets". How many blankets did she wash? Another new timeline. Was about to call Ronald even before she noticed Haleigh was gone. Ronald: "Just home from my shift at work."

"Why were there inconsistencies?"
Sucks lips in, looks down, umm, long pause, looks at husband, somebody help me out here, he looks down, still arms crossed. "I don't know.". "But you know you did do that." "Yeah." "And you're not sure why." She looks sad and alone. I feel sorry for her.

"Why was it important for you to get married, Ronald?"
"I don't know. I think my little girl would have wanted it. Would have wanted her to be there. Better party when she comes back." I feel sorry for Misty, it seems the wrong answer. A bridegroom oughta know why he married. My child might have wanted it, not a word about what he wanted, what he likes and respects about his wife. Not a word about we love each other and want to support each other during this difficult time. How far will it carry their marriage that a missing girl would have wanted to be in at a wedding party?

"Focus still on my personal life. Not anybody else's business what I do with my personal life." It's still about him, not them as a couple or a family.

He does not understand what his personal life has to do with national tv, his daughter's disappearance has to do with tv. Is he really so dim that he does not realize at all that since his family members have not been cleared as suspects, as far as everybody else who was not there that night is concerned, his personal life might be very relevant to finding Haleigh? Maybe it is irrelevant like he says but we don't know that for sure, given that he's married the last person who saw her alive and who has given an inconsistent story.

"I go to work, I support my family." Yes, we know that. "Daughter's face on tv and get her found" Hope so. "Did she care very much about Misty?" Ronald: "Absolutely". Misty nodding sadly.

"Please call the crime stoppers." Looking unconvinced. "If my little girl is watching, baby I love you." That's a very curt message for the child if she's watching.

"Do you believe that you're a suspect?" Misty: "No." Ronald: "I spoke to John Merchant." Smile and pause. Interviewer: "And.." "She's not a suspect."

He calls her Haleigh now. For a while he did several interviews where he didn't even once, as far as I noticed.

I still don't know what happened to Haleigh but these two ain't telling all they know, and I'm afraid their marriage is going to be rocky.

I think little Adji doesn't get the media attention because his family doesn't speak English, only Creole, and everything would have to be done through interpreters. What fun is that for news media folk? They'd have to translate everything for us. Couldn't you just imagine how different Caylee's case would have been if Cindy only spoke Creole? How does one say "rotten pizza in the trunk" in that language. We would have missed a lot of her antics not knowing her language.

Of course, language isn't a barrier in other cases that don't stay in the spotlight, but I'm thinking it could be because the families keep to themselves and not make themselves "media darlings". The less controversial, the less interest, maybe?

OT: Have they released police reports, etc. for Adji?

<snipped>

<snipped>.
Whatcha wanna bet they both understand that a husband and wife do not have to testify against each other?

The day that they got engaged, they said that Haleigh was going to come home and be the Flowergirl in their wedding...and then BAM, they up and get married like the next day. I was like..."what the h*ll?" They sure didn't give Haleigh time to come home, did they?

You know, I am not sure both Misty and Ron are not acting the way anyone would who has been sort of invisible and now is thrown into the limelight. There are a lot of people who might behave strangely when they are on national tv. Ron is surely naive to think that his private life it going to be private any longer. Misty is 17... seventeen.. that is really young to be thrown into that situation. I don't know these people but I think they are doing what they have seen others do on tv under these circumstances, I doubt they are free to be themselves, or know how to act when they are challenged. I don't believe the strange squeaky crying and no tears. This is true of the bio mother as well, touching her eyes with a tissue every second. When you cry, you cry... you don't care how the tears fall. Ron's mother cries the way anyone would.. I believe her tears.
These are just my impressions and I think the Caylee case has made everyone suspicious of all families involved. These poor children, fodder for tv ratings.

Acording to the Palatka Daily News (snip)"Bowling also disputed Croslin's assertion on TV that she wasn't a suspect."We have not ruled her out as a suspect," he said.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/14/news/news01.txt

Actually I thought they both had a defiant and defensive vibe. Kind of like Casey Anthony. JMO!!!!

You know, I am not sure both Misty and Ron are not acting the way anyone would who has been sort of invisible and now is thrown into the limelight. There are a lot of people who might behave strangely when they are on national tv. Ron is surely naive to think that his private life it going to be private any longer. Misty is 17... seventeen.. that is really young to be thrown into that situation. I don't know these people but I think they are doing what they have seen others do on tv under these circumstances, I doubt they are free to be themselves, or know how to act when they are challenged. I don't believe the strange squeaky crying and no tears. This is true of the bio mother as well, touching her eyes with a tissue every second. When you cry, you cry... you don't care how the tears fall. Ron's mother cries the way anyone would.. I believe her tears.
These are just my impressions and I think the Caylee case has made everyone suspicious of all families involved. These poor children, fodder for tv ratings.

I noticed the tearless crying and wailing early on too. Very suspicious. And his call to police - he seemed more concerned with making death threats and calling his girlfriend names and generally venting his anger than giving the police any useful information. Something really off here.

BTW, I was a reporter for many years and dealt with many families thrown into the same limelight. I never saw anything like this or like the Anthony family with one exception. That was the wife of a murdered man who was strongly (and still is) suspected by close friends of being involved in the murder. The defendant testified that she had hired him to kill her husband, she denied it and police never pursued it.

I found their attire and physical appearance to be very odd. Misty was wearing a Haleigh shirt (at least that's what I assume it was) but it was mostly covered up by an oversized man's camo hunting jacket-looking thing. It didn't fit her at all and completely covered up Haleigh's picture, info, etc. Ron was not wearing a Haleigh shirt at all; also no buttons, pins, stickers, bracelets, etc. If this was truly a national plea to find Haleigh, wouldn't it make more sense if both had been decked out in full "Find Haleigh" gear?

Both gave off a huge guilty vibe IMO. It seems that they realize they are probably not going to be able to pull this off and are getting desperate. I'd love to read any thoughts from body language experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288