Specifically, why is Casey no longer acknowledging her parents in the courtroom?

I have read most of this thread, but not all, so sorry if this has been mentioned. Or maybe it should be on 'behavior/dress' thread......

I thought I heard both JB and LkB apologize (I'm sorry) to kc as she was exiting the court room and then she looked as if she was going to burst into tears? I looked at it twice, just to make sure I heard it correctly....

If I'm not hearing/seeing things then. Whats up with all of that?

Thanks.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, did she already know the rulings? I didn't watch the entire hearing. Hard to imagine what would cause that reaction in her. She seems to only cry when she's frustrated, not sad.

bold added

I'm not convinced about that. Who knows with her though.

I was thinking that this showing of hostility & lack of appreciation , is probably one of the few times her real thoughts are reflected by her behavior when she is in public.

Humble-Opinion:wolf:

Ya know, I think maybe for the first time in her life Casey is allowed freedom. Freedom to think what she wants, to feel what she wants and to act how she wants.. Separate from Cindy and her wants, needs & expectations.

That is still acknowledgment, quite different than none at all. Even her "weak smile" as I heard one reporter refer to it, indicates there is not a significant issue here...just KC being her considerate self while her father wipes his nose and her mother looks comatose....angry and comatose if that's possible.

Ha, good description- I like it! George is the softy in that family, eh? poor George LOL

On October 14, 2008, Casey was arrested after the grand jury indictment for murder. Shortly after that, Cindy had a brief interview with one of the local news media, who asked when she was going to visit Casey. At that time Cindy said they didn't have any plans for a visit as Casey, George, and herself agreed that the focus needed to be on finding Caylee. She said it took the spotlight off finding Caylee if the news media was focused on their visits to the jail.

About a month or so later, Cindy said that there were no visits planned because their visits were recorded and there was no privacy.

I've always felt that what Cindy said were excuses to cover the fact that Casey was refusing visits from her family. On the day that Casey was arrested, Oct. 14th, George had testified before the grand jury and after a short deliberation the grand jury returned with an indictment for murder.

Casey sees George as the person who betrayed her, and she's angry with Cindy that Cindy didn't stop George from testifying. On that trip to the jail, I can imagine Casey telling Cindy not to even think about visiting her in jail because she'll refuse their visits.

After Caylee's remains were found Casey didn't want to face her parents and see their pain and have to answer questions. Casey doesn't feel remorse for killing Caylee. She's only angry that she's in jail and facing prison, and she blames Cindy and George for that. In her mind, her parents are of no use to her now..........they can't get her out of this mess. She sees JB as her only ally.

OK.. Except for one thing, the times Casey did refuse their visits (even when she refused visits from other people!) it was made public... her "reasons" for canceling and all (the sunshine law makes that info public) There were only like 2 times she refused them.

I think she is mad at them because they can't get her out of jail. She is punishing them by refusing their visits and ignoring them in court. She is so used to them getting her out of trouble, I doubt she can understand that they really can't help her now.

Because she is a chickensh*t, spoiled little beotch who doesn't have the guts to face either one of them.

Hopefully, this will show C & G what their daughter is really like (although I doubt it)

Plus, she doesn't need them anymore.

She has hated her parents for a long time and especially since CA called LE and got this whole ball rolling.

Early on, I believe Casey agreed to see her family because that was when she was still trying to make bail. She hinted to CA that she was annoyed when CA said that there was nothing they could do regarding getting her out of jail. I could tell that Casey thought they could have and was mad that they weren't doing whatever Casey thought they could do to get her out.

Since her arrest for murder. I think she won't see them for so many reasons:
1) she hates them because CA called LE (and already hated them)
2) they are no longer any possible use because bail is no longer an option
3) she doesn't want to answer their questions

We have not only heard about Casey being mad with the A's about the public memorial and cremation, but I remember reading somewhere here that Casey wanted JB to get Caylee pics from home (to presumably sell) and CA had a hissy and didn't want to give them up.

I agree with the folks who think her making JB give that statement to the media denouncing her family's actions regarding the memorial was just Casey being spiteful. She could care less what happened to Caylee, as evidenced by the trash bags she threw her away in.

Casey did glance and smile at her parents as she was leaving this last court appearrance. I saw George raise his hand "hello" as she walked past.

But, I watched her face very carefully as she was leaving though. I wanted to see whether her face changed as soon as they couldn't see her face anymore. I rewatched several times...

Bingo. Her face changed to cold, hard, and faintly bored as soon as they could no longer see her face.

I saw Marc Klauss say he felt Casey was like a psycopath in training who hadn't yet learned to fake emotions and mirror normal human emotions to people she was trying to fool.

Casey is evil and stupid. Have fun in prison.

I have read most of this thread, but not all, so sorry if this has been mentioned. Or maybe it should be on 'behavior/dress' thread......

I thought I heard both JB and LkB apologize (I'm sorry) to kc as she was exiting the court room and then she looked as if she was going to burst into tears? I looked at it twice, just to make sure I heard it correctly....

If I'm not hearing/seeing things then. Whats up with all of that?

Thanks.

I heard that too! I heard LKB say "Sorry" when KC got up or something...I watched it a couple of times and she definitely whispered "Sorry" to KC and KC just looked annoyed and fixed her shirt...

I think KC will take interest in her family again after she is sentenced and JB, the media and donations to her commissary account have all moved on to other offenders.

Why? Well, to give us all something to talk about. I read that Cindy was hugging JB outside of court. She must feel he is doing a good job.
Seriously I do think she did acknowledge them when she left but they may have already stepped out of court. She turned in that direction briefly.

Manny,

Wow, really? She hugged Baez? I guess that makes sense to me. I've always thought they were communicating a lot with Baez since the dinner meeting at the Ritz when Jose Baez joined them.

I'ce always felt they don't like him though. So, my guess, is they're using him to communicate with KC and get inside information about what's going on with her case.

I'm not sure they truly support her though. And I also heard it reported KC did NOT make any eye contact or acknowledge her parents from many who were in the courtroom watching her every move.

I wonder how that makes KC feel seeing her mother hugging all over JB when he can't even touch her without getting into trouble with the jail guards. I could be wrong but sometimes I think CA is doing these things on purpose just to show KC who's really in control.

I think she is mad at them because they can't get her out of jail. She is punishing them by refusing their visits and ignoring them in court. She is so used to them getting her out of trouble, I doubt she can understand that they really can't help her now.

I think that they are a closed chapter to her, just like Caylee. She wishes all this would hurry and pass over so she can get back to her life.

I don't know if she realizes yet that this IS her life now.

But her parents can no longer DO anything for her; there's no reason to pretend to have a normal relationship with them any more. She's moved on.

Anything else would be a waste, a huge waste.

Sundance

Bold mine ..
I have always felt the same ..

The rest of your post is bang on too! :)

It's a GAME to KC. It's all a game to her. She doesn't care one way or another about Caylee and thinks jeeze Louise, can't all these people just get past this Caylee business?

Was it a real hug or a means to transfer papers? CA does think she can pull the wool over everyone's eyes...

Ya know, I think maybe for the first time in her life Casey is allowed freedom. Freedom to think what she wants, to feel what she wants and to act how she wants.. Separate from Cindy and her wants, needs & expectations.

Yeah, the irony. She gets her first taste of freedom in jail. Great point OneLostGrl!

:wolf:

It's a GAME to KC. It's all a game to her. She doesn't care one way or another about Caylee and thinks jeeze Louise, can't all these people just get past this Caylee business?

Exactly ..

Manny,

Wow, really? She hugged Baez? I guess that makes sense to me. I've always thought they were communicating a lot with Baez since the dinner meeting at the Ritz when Jose Baez joined them.

I'ce always felt they don't like him though. So, my guess, is they're using him to communicate with KC and get inside information about what's going on with her case.

I'm not sure they truly support her though. And I also heard it reported KC did NOT make any eye contact or acknowledge her parents from many who were in the courtroom watching her every move.

bolded by me....

No, she did. It was recorded. I saw her glance at them as she was leaving and you can see George's hand go up as if to say "hello."

Did she mean it? No. But she did look at them.

I think she's trying to guilt them, by withdrawing her love and ignoring them in the hopes they'll not expose her. After all, GA was instrumental in the GJ indictment. Maybe by withdrawing, she hopes they'll keep their mouths shut which lends to her awareness that they could hold some very damning information. I do hope, if this is the case they'll not perjure themselves on the stand but instead keep their grandchild, and the justice she deserves in mind.

I can TRULY see this...thanks, lostgrl...

Obviously, this has probably been said before...but it is because they are potential witnesses in a crime against her...she can't have any contact with them. So to speak.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back