Identified! CA - Mendocino Co, 2 WhtFem Teens, Jul'79 *Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham*

Does anyone else see a resemblance between Derran Conway Rogers missing 2/27/1973 from Modesto CA and the John Doe found in 1979 in Mendocino County CA, Case File 111UMCA?

Interesting how they seem to think that they were from the Midwest, yet no reason is given for this conclusion.

That is why I was wondering what the evidence for this was.

I know the time is way off and that this may have already been looked into but..... How about the possibilty that these two are brenda howell and donald baker? I realize that the this is way off in time but just curious as to how many kids go missing and murdered at the same time and are not related or reported missing and identified. Maybe this is farfetched but I felt the need to bring it up just in case.

Has Lisa Dickinson been checked? I mentally thought she was unlikely when the two were believed to be related, but since they aren't now I wonder about it.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/802dfca.html

Lisa Dickinson
Missing since September 5, 1976 from Walnut Creek, Contra Costa County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: April 25, 1967
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 9 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'10"; 80 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
  • Clothing: She was last seen wearing a yellow crew-neck T-shirt with Snoopy and the word "happiness" on the front, blue ton cut-off shorts and white leather three-strapped sandals
  • Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dickinson was last seen on September 5, 1976 in Walnut Creek, California. Lisa was last seen shortly after 7 p.m. while riding her bicycle near the Pleasant Hill station of the Bay- Area Rapid Transit. She left the home of her parents on to find a shortcut through nearby Heather Farm Park to the Pleasant Hill BART station. The family had planned to take an excursion on BART the following day. When she failed to return home police were notified. An intensive search was mounted.
The only physical evidence turned up was the girl's abandoned bicycle, leaning against a tree at the north end of the park near the Contra Costa Canal.
Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Walnut Creek Police Department
925-935-6400

Agency Case Number: 769880
NCIC Number: M-409952268
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
Daily Review 9/21/76

HI - I am so new to this but I wonder if Derran Rogers was ever considered as a match...I notice that the height is off by several inches, and Derran would have been older...but - wow - they look just alike!!!

Well this is interesting. I wonder what gave them reason to believe these kids were from the Midwest??? I'm going to scout around, but it sure has been a long time! Poor babies.

I'll be back!

here are some possibilities;
I am assuming the two did not know each other and may have been from different parts of the country
DEBORAH ANN QUIMBY Age Progression
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Oct 9, 1963 Sex: Female
Missing Date: May 3, 1977 Race: White
Age Now: 45 Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
Missing City: TOWNSEND Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Missing State : MA Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC727916
Circumstances: Deborah's photo is shown age-progressed to 40 years. She was last seen riding her bicycle to her grandmother's home near Townsend, Massachusetts on May 3, 1977
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=829432&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
EDWARD CHESTER NYE Age Progression
DOB: Jul 12, 1963 Sex: Male
Missing Date: Jun 22, 1978 Race: White
Age Now: 45 Height: 5'3" (160 cm)
Missing City: PROSPECT Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Missing State : OR Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC756709
Circumstances: Edward's photo is shown age-progressed to 41 years. He disappeared while camping with a church group. He went off by himself to go fishing and has not been heard from since. He was last seen wearing brown jeans, a yellow shirt, and tennis shoes.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=756709&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
DOB: Oct 5, 1960 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Jun 9, 1978 Race: White
Age Now: 48 Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
Missing City: NAPA Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Missing State : CA Hair Color: Blonde
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC829432
Circumstances: Connie's photo is shown age-progressed to 48 years. She was last seen at home on June 9, 1978.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=972250&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
These are the only ones on NCMEC website missing before 1978 and slightly close...read and discuss

Hi sillygilly! I have to agree that they may not have known each other - they may have both been abducted. I searched the Doe Network and Charley Project from 1977 - 1979 and didn't come across any potential matches of kids who ran away together - from anywhere. That being said, there are 2 things that make me wonder. First, they were very close in age and quite young to be runaways for that time period. Secondly, LE said they believe they were runaways from the Midwest. Why would they say that? I would like more details about that. There's a reason that led them to believe that, IMO!

thank you fairy1 for your reply. what do we do from here? submit or not?

I think a phone call to the Mendocino County Sheriff's office is in order to find out WHY they had reason to believe these kids were BF/GF from the Midwest. That info may point us in the right direction. I am not able to make phone calls during the week due to my job. Is that something you might be able to do?

Derran Conway Rogers

with Mendocino John Doe

Estimated date of death for Mendocino John Doe is a bit later but they were just skeletal remains and there are other issues with this case, such as the forensic anthropologist at the time thinking the girl he was found with was his sister but DNA was done later that seemed to refute that.
I hope the links work

The estimated date of death is December 8, 1978... It is believed the# The estimated date of death is December 8, 1978y were teenage boyfriend and girlfriend from the Midwest and most likely hitchhiking to get away from their families.

The subtext from that seems to be that someone may have reported a sighting of two young, midwestern hitchhikers around that time who looked like the two reconstructions.

7 months is not long for remains to be fully skeletalized though - if the remains were Derran's then it is unlikely that they would be found (after six years) with clothing, etc., whereas after seven months it is likely that any possessions would still be recognizable.

There is a great facial resemblance between the two but look at the height discrepancy - 7". Derran also seems quite physically mature for a 14-year-old - he's tall and he looks older. (I doubt this is relevant but the photo also looks to be very good quality and much more modern than 1973 in terms of his style).

The subtext from that seems to be that someone may have reported a sighting of two young, midwestern hitchhikers around that time who looked like the two reconstructions.

7 months is not long for remains to be fully skeletalized though - if the remains were Derran's then it is unlikely that they would be found (after six years) with clothing, etc., whereas after seven months it is likely that any possessions would still be recognizable.

There is a great facial resemblance between the two but look at the height discrepancy - 7". Derran also seems quite physically mature for a 14-year-old - he's tall and he looks older. (I doubt this is relevant but the photo also looks to be very good quality and much more modern than 1973 in terms of his style).

The "story" about them being young hitchhikers appeared years later on the missing person's sites and is simply speculation. I don't know that these two were found fully clothed. I haven't seen that mentioned. Heights have been found to be way off when people are finally identified. He looks close enough that it should be looked into. There are many strange things about the Mendocino John and Jane Doe case including the fact that the agencies don't seem too interested in solving it.

I just posted a thread yesterday in the cold cases section. Rogers does look very much like the composite. I'm not sure we'll ever know. So many people don't report their loved ones missing, it is a crime.

this may be a little far-fetched, but its a concept that is worth exploring.

In 1975, there were major floods up and down the west coast. Two children in Myer's Flat CA Jimmy and Kathy Moore (close to age of Jane and John) were swept away by the flooding. This is about an hour from Mendocino County/Willits, and as far as I can tell their bodies were never recovered.

I am guessing that the estimated death is based on decomposition...but, regardless, i think its worth thinking about other floods or natural disasters that may have resulted in these children's deaths...

this may be a little far-fetched, but its a concept that is worth exploring.

In 1975, there were major floods up and down the west coast. Two children in Myer's Flat CA Jimmy and Kathy Moore (close to age of Jane and John) were swept away by the flooding. This is about an hour from Mendocino County/Willits, and as far as I can tell their bodies were never recovered.

I am guessing that the estimated death is based on decomposition...but, regardless, i think its worth thinking about other floods or natural disasters that may have resulted in these children's deaths...

They were found in shallow graves so I doubt if their deaths were accidental. You're thinking outside of the box which is great!! Interesting theory.

I just read "I know my first name is Steven" and it suggested that perhaps his kidnapper, Kenneth Parnell, had something to do with this. The book said that a few days after the bodies were discovered, he picked up and moved without notice. I wouldn't doubt it if he killed them. But he's dead now and there's no way of knowing.

ukiah.jpg

This a copy of an article about Doe network case http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/111umca.html and
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/131ufca.html
I posted it here with permission from Held Prague Museum library Ukiah, CA. Maybe between this article and the doe files we can start sleuthing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back