AZ AZ - Michael Tapley, 52, Snowflake, 15 February 2008

Kim this is awful what you are going through, I cannot believe LE is not doing more about this case, what do they need her standing there with a smoking gun??? Unfortunately I feel we need to find Michael before they will get off their butts and do anything, I cannot believe they will not at least get the pings off the cell phones??? whats up with that?? that would at least let you know where she (gina) was all this time and give us a search area right?? this is a frustrating case and i cant believe I have not even heard of this on headline news or the radio?? Has anyone emailed nancy g. about this case???

Poly

Saying prayers tonight for you and your family Kim, please God let Michael be found and brought home to his loving family :rose:

Hi Kim and all, anyone know if there has been any word on the handwriting analysis of the note that supposedly was written and signed by Michael for signing over title to his truck?

Admittedly, the crud of this world is getting to me lately, and I can't wait for it to be proven not to be Michael's handwriting. I might go so far as to say I'd be a bit giddy if it was proven to be Gina's. Anyone know if when handwriting is purposely made to look like anothers it can be proven to actually belong to the deceptive one... did that make sense? (If Gina wrote the note but attempted to make it appear to be Michael's handwriting can it be proven it was Gina's attempt due to signatures in her normal handwriting... or can analysis only prove it is or is not someone's handwriting?)

Hope one of those made sense, lol.

That is odd (or should I say lame, considering photos are widely available)? I'm going to see if there is someone to contact and suggest a photo be put in place. (thanks dreamweaver... I seem to be following you around this afternoon!)

ETA: I did inform them that there are photos that they could/should put one up for Michael... and offered them a couple direct links to good, clear photos of him... via their contact us form.

http://www.wmicentral.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=2264&dept_id=505961&newsid=19368190&PAG=461&rfi=9

7 March 08

The Sheriff's Office reported that Michael Tapley, 52, and his wife Gina Tapley, 46, have been missing since Feb. 15. Family members did not hear from either until Gina contacted them March 1.

"We have executed search warrants at the residence but didn't see anything that would indicate foul play," Deputy Commander K.C. Clark of Major Crimes Apprehension Team said. "The only thing we have is that the disappearances were mysterious. According to the family, it was out of the ordinary for them not to contact family members."

Michael Tapley works for the Snowflake Unified School District but failed to report for work Feb. 18. He was last seen leaving work the previous weekend.

As of March 5, Clark said, family members reported having seen Gina as well as hearing from her. Nothing had been heard from Michael as of that date.

"We just don't have a starting point to look for him," Clark said. "We do have an attempt-to-locate on the vehicle and the couple sent to law enforcement agencies across the country."

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Navajo County Sheriff's Office at (928) 524-4450 or the local sheriff's substation.

(So what has Gina told family members? Has LE interviewed Gina? I wish there was more info about this. Hoppy)

sadly i have to say kc clark is true wingnut. if hes in charge of the search they might as well stay at home
resident of navajo county

Hi mrrogers, Clark's saying that they didn't have a starting point to look for Michael is ridicules, IMO. Well.. in re-reading all that Clark said... it all seems ridicules.

Big, fat, heavy sigh.

=====================================================
monkalup: Thanks for the links.
I have seen the pictures of Michael Tapley, I just found it odd
that the state of Arizona did not have a picture of him on the
AZ website.

You are most welcome. So much seems strange about this whole case

Hi there, I followed a link from ArizonaGigi's signature on a post she had written in a Sandra Cantu thread. That tragedy has left me feeling helpless and wishing that I could do something here at Websleuth's that maybe requires more "doing" :). I'm here in Phoenix and if I'm not mistaken I believe that I saw an article about your father. I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this, that you all have not given up on your dad tells me that he is loved greatly. I hope that your faithful perseverance touches him in someway. The pain of losing a loved one, as I have, cuts deep. When a loved is missing it would seem that the pain persists in a different way, especially if the search for them is maintained. The loss cannot be grieved because hope is so vital to the efforts. I admire your courage to endure this.

I am shocked by LE's response to this. As I reading through the articles I have many, many questions in my head that LE could have easily followed up on. My hope is that they did and the findings are being withheld from the public, although that doesn't seem likely. I was also wondering if there were other media publications I was thinking of that may help if contacted. Is there a particular tone that you would like me to take with the letters? For some of the publications I'd like to include some of the questions I have and would like to see follow up with but I don't know if that would be too pushy. Should I seem mostly interested, more direct, insistent...? Of course we have a new governor, has she given any response?

Anyway, I hope I won't need these questions answered and that your father has been found since that last posting on this thread.

:beats: daisy.faithfull

Was checking to see if there is anything at all new in the case.
Color me disappointed

It's absolutely maddening that they have not investigated this case any further. The sheriff's comment to Michael's daughter when she spoke with him was : "You really don't think that little bit of a woman could hurt your big ole dad, do you honey?", gives an indication that they don't plan on investigating much further. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

A little bit of a woman could hurt someone with a big truck! IMO, Michael may have been run over with his own truck. After all, previous information has show that the bumper and tires were missing.

That sheriff didn't want his election to be hurt by this case. Why? As it turned out, he didn't win. Maybe the fact that he didn't investigate led to his loss. Maybe he didn't want to investigate because he liked Mrs. Tapley. A. Little. Too. Much. Just my thought and opinion!

This is interesting. I found this little video narrated by Gary Butler. I believe it was made before Michael Tapley went missing. Butler stated that their search and rescue group had never failed to locate anyone that was missing. What about Michael Tapley? He was/is missing. I guess he was the first, ex-sheriff Butler.

YouTube - Sheriff Butler on Hashknife Pony Express/Search & Rescue

Now, my intuitive thought is that whoever killed him dumped his body down an old mine shaft.

I hope justice will one day be served for Michael Tapley and his family!

I have a question. Since there is a new sheriff, does anyone know if he has investigated Michael's case?

Two years now that Michael is missing. This is the case that brought me to Websleuths in the first place. Arizona and Oklahoma LE seemed to have gone to the same detective school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back