2009.01.07 - Annie's D. Interview (Document Release 2009.04.06 / 2009.09.29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get people. My gosh, if this was my friend, I wouldn't be going over to her house with my measly problems at such a time and not questioning the hell out of her. What the heck is with the "Oh, we didn't talk about Caylee being missing. I didn't ask. I don't know what she meant" garbage. What the hell? Wouldn't she be completely intrigued and horrified and obsessed with helping to find a little girl she knew so well? It makes no sense. This is not the first time I have heard such vagueness and apparent lack of interest from people surrounding casey. How is it that she asked absolutely no follow up to anything casey might have said when released from jail the first time? How is it that she didn't just cry and hug casey and say, "Oh casey! Tell me everything! What the heck is going on? I'm your best friend, tell me every detail you know and I'll try to help you find your precious child!" Bizarre. Maybe it's the age of this girl? Maybe her intelligence level? Selfish young girl who really doesn't care much? Is that it? It still doesn't make sense to me. How could she not really be totally bent on getting answers to help Caylee and casey? I don't understand.

I completely understand your frustration. In this case I think it says more about Casey and the relationships with those whom she chose to surround herself with. Namely those who would would be easily snowed by her lies and manipulations. Despite claiming to have been best friends, clearly Annie and KC enjoyed a relatively brief friendship which seems to have been based on shallow situational interactions. Ultimately I think this is largely a result of Casey's sociopathic tendencies.

Why would Annie wait so long to talk with LE, bring a lawyer with her to questioning, and hang around the A fam? I don't think she was involved in Caylee's murder, but I do think she is hiding something to do with kc and the xanax. If I had to speculate, I would say Annie gave xanax to kc and had full knowledge she was giving a small dose to Caylee from time to time. I also doubt Annie had a prescription for the drug, I can recall the name of every doctor I have ever had.

I don't know what the heck is going on with Annie. I go back and forth about how I feel about her. Just a lot of people surrounding casey who don't act in a way I feel is normal or natural. But, I really don't think she knew anything about casey harming Caylee in any way. I think Annie is very young and not too bright. I also think that her anxiety disorder made the whole ordeal very frightening to her, that she was afraid to have anything about her exposed publicly, that she was paranoid that she may be implicated in any periferral way to the case at all. Such feelings would be normal in a person with an anxiety disorder. However, I don't think she's being totally truthful about the Xanax. I do think she gave it away to friends and since that is illegal as well as unethical, she doesn't want any hint of that to leak out publicly, hence, the lawyer, the reluctance to be deposed, etc. Note that one of the only times she cries is right after being questioned about giving Xanax to others.

There's a clear (possible) answer why AD ran over to KCs house while KC was out on bail - to make sure KC didn't randomly try to throw AD under the bus about drugs. The conversation with KC/Jesse was already out with KC saying "I can get some xanex from Annie." It sounds to me like AD might have dabbled in drug dealing- or at least introduced KC/whoever to people who did sell at least pot.

I could see KC wanting to be cool and saying to TL and his friends, "hey guys my friend can get it for us, I'll introduce you." If AD set that up for her, you bet AD is going to run over there to find out exactly what KC said so AD doesn't get herself screwed in a police interview.

Also, even if AD just had anxiety and had a prescription for xanex- on the bottle of controlled meds it says clearly " Federal law prohibits the transfer of this drug to any person other than the person for whom it was prescribed." If you are a 22 year old with anxiety, and you know you gave some of your pills away - you could understandably be scared s--tless that you could get in big trouble. If you know KC is a liar, you might be x10 as scared thinking KC could have lied and gotten you in trouble.

I don't know, if I had a dime for every........."I can't recall" "To the best of my knowlegde" "From what I can recall" "from what I can remember" "might" "could have" "I'm not sure"

that combined with her overwillingness to throw JG under the bus with no substantial reasoning behind it really makes me .........."suspicious"

Why would Annie wait so long to talk with LE, bring a lawyer with her to questioning, and hang around the A fam? I don't think she was involved in Caylee's murder, but I do think she is hiding something to do with kc and the xanax. If I had to speculate, I would say Annie gave xanax to kc and had full knowledge she was giving a small dose to Caylee from time to time. I also doubt Annie had a prescription for the drug, I can recall the name of every doctor I have ever had.

I thought it was strange she couldn't recall the Dr.'s name as well. It should be easy for LE to check out her story, though.

Did you all notice that at the very beginning of her statement she disavowed keeping up with the news on this case. Said she didn't watch it. Later, as things progressed and facts were uncovered, she claimed she only had knowledge of these things through the news. It gives me the feeling that honesty and helpfulness were not her main motives during this interview!

Maybe she didn't want to get the doctor in trouble- or if the doctor found out she was giving the pills away or was not using them "as directed," the doctor is going to stop prescribing it.

There's a clear (possible) answer why AD ran over to KCs house while KC was out on bail - to make sure KC didn't randomly try to throw AD under the bus about drugs. The conversation with KC/Jesse was already out with KC saying "I can get some xanex from Annie." It sounds to me like AD might have dabbled in drug dealing- or at least introduced KC/whoever to people who did sell at least pot.

I could see KC wanting to be cool and saying to TL and his friends, "hey guys my friend can get it for us, I'll introduce you." If AD set that up for her, you bet AD is going to run over there to find out exactly what KC said so AD doesn't get herself screwed in a police interview.

Also, even if AD just had anxiety and had a prescription for xanex- on the bottle of controlled meds it says clearly " Federal law prohibits the transfer of this drug to any person other than the person for whom it was prescribed." If you are a 22 year old with anxiety, and you know you gave some of your pills away - you could understandably be scared s--tless that you could get in big trouble. If you know KC is a liar, you might be x10 as scared thinking KC could have lied and gotten you in trouble.

The problem I have with this is that they already told AD that she will not be in trouble. Nothing she says will be used to get her into trouble. She needs to stop lying. It's so obvious she is lying through her teeth!

Maybe she didn't want to get the doctor in trouble- or if the doctor found out she was giving the pills away or was not using them "as directed," the doctor is going to stop prescribing it.

Maybe she was getting them online?

I don't know, if I had a dime for every........."I can't recall" "To the best of my knowlegde" "From what I can recall" "from what I can remember" "might" "could have" "I'm not sure"

that combined with her overwillingness to throw JG under the bus with no substantial reasoning behind it really makes me .........."suspicious"

I don't find the "I don't recall" odd at all. Any attorney will tell you that you should say "I can't/don't recall" rather than "I don't know/remember" so that at a later time, if you do recall events that you didn't when previously questioned, it's more plausible. It's the equivalent of 'I don't remember "at this time"' or 'I can't remember "at this time"'

Does this make any sense? I wish we were all in a room together discussing all of this. It's so much harder trying to type out your thoughts rather than just speaking them.

You know, we're talking about a dead, little two-year-old baby and this girl doesn't sound like she's interested in helping at all. She sounds defensive and, like casey, flippant, at least so far (I'm halfway through). These people are trying to bring justice to a small child. Why the heck wouldn't everyone who knew the child not be chomping at the bit to help? I understand (although I surely do not agree), why the family would not be as helpful - because they are enmeshed, so accusing casey is like accusing them - but this girl? What possible stake does she have in being unhelpful, resistant, reluctant. Start talking lady! This is about a baby you knew! You're own reputation is unimportant. Tell everything you know about how casey acted, how she was with the kid, how she was as a person, what she liked to do, where she liked to go, who she hung out with, how she reacted to stress. Come on! If I was this girl's parents I'd be pretty upset with her. Perhaps she ashamed that such a person was her best friend, or about the things they did. Maybe she's mad about photos of her being released by the media, partying and acting stupid. But, what does any of that matter when a child had been killed?

I've only read this far, but ITA.

My theory is that she's heard the rumour about Zanny the nanny being Xanax, and she's denying that she was supplying xanax because she's scared that it may link her in some way. That would be an awful feeling if you thought she was drugging Caylee and you were supplying the pills!

Does anyone watch the TV show "One Tree Hill" or anything about the show's storyline? Found it interesting that the assistant SA asked Annie whether she knew what this show was or did she know whether Casey watched it/talked about it.

I don't understand their facination with this show either. It is very popular with the high school/college crowd. It is a just the sort of show that a lot of kids graduating from high school, leaving old friends , heading to college identify with and so that is it's audience. I somehow doubt they run out and kill their children after watching it.
The couple on the show that were in a rocky marriage and had a child may be of interest to LE. Because the child was kidnapped by the Nanny. However, that is a pretty slim reed to add to a murder case. Weak, weak as water in fact.

I don't feel at this time Annie is involved or anything like that. Yes, she was told at the beginning of this interview nothing she said would be used against her, but the girl would have to be totally brain dead to not realize this interview is going to be made public. Not everyone wants their life plastered all over the internet, and made public knowledge for endless speculation by total strangers.
There has been a lot of negative things said about Casey and some of her party pictures. Annie was at some of these parties, and apparently plenty more Casey was not at. That probably hits a nerve.
As far as her having something going down in her life during this time, maybe she is shallow and narcissistic, but we don't know what was going on. Maybe her mother died, or someone was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
I also think it has to be incredibly stressful to have so many aspects of your life examined under a microscope because someone you were friends with off and on killed their child. I thought she sounded very nervous, and IMO, the reason she started crying the first time was because she felt like she was betraying Sean.
I just don't think Annie is a drug dealer, and if she was not being entirely truthful with LE, I don't think it was over anything involving what happened to Caylee. IMO, she didn't talk to Casey about Caylee while she was at the house, because Casey was being all cryptic and insinuating the house was bugged.
JMO
Lanie

That's what I'm thinking too. Except I don't necessarily think she knew she was giving it to Caylee. Casey was "good mom" to everyone remember? She probably wouldn't admit to drugging her.

I don't find the "I don't recall" odd at all. Any attorney will tell you that you should say "I can't/don't recall" rather than "I don't know/remember" so that at a later time, if you do recall events that you didn't when previously questioned, it's more plausible. It's the equivalent of 'I don't remember "at this time"' or 'I can't remember "at this time"'

Does this make any sense? I wish we were all in a room together discussing all of this. It's so much harder trying to type out your thoughts rather than just speaking them.

I know what you mean, I am sure an atty would advise that. The problem I have is that she said that after nearly every answer she gave. She was told at the beginning of the interview the only thing she would get in trouble for saying were lies. Making a "qualifying" statement after every answer could give her an out on any incorrect information she gave. Could she really not recall that much information with any certainty, or was she just being vague on purpose?

She doesn't care about justice for Caylee nor does she care about what happens to KC. She is only interested in Annie D.

Regarding the KC being a "good mother" portions of AD's interview - I found it odd that when asked how so ...... she spoke of how "protective," "over-protective" KC was, relating how she (AD) couldn't even hold Caylee, and how Caylee would scream and cry if KC left the room to go to the bathroom!

Did she mean KC would not allow anyone to hold Caylee, or Caylee wouldn't let anyone hold her? How does this translate to being a "good mother," who is overly protective?

Furthermore, weren't there times others stated that KC and AL would be in the bedroom and Caylee was in the apt. with other people? Didn't someone mention her lying on a couch, falling asleep during a party?

There is something I do not understand. What kind of Dr prescribes Zanex to college aged co-eds?? This is a highly addictive drug & it is well known that young people take it with alcohol to get high. Personally speaking, I went to my primary physician, I had received a terrible prognosis, was receiving chemo treatments, and my son was deployed in Iraq (in other words, darn good reason to be having anxiety), I told my Dr what I was going thru and that I needed something (I was desperate) He was RELUCTANT to give them to me. When he finally did, he prescribed only a few pills. A very close friend of mine had a son, 20 yrs old, was prescribed zanex and ended up harming himself (very tragic) I wish there was some way for Dr's to be stricter about writing scripts like these. I apologize for going somewhat O/T.

Btw, my son is back stateside and safe (god willing they all come home that way) and my situation is under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans