Confirmation Of Huckaby Suicide Attempt Prior to Arrest

Now this is an interesting theory.

Of course, we don't know anything at all about this woman, in reality. We have lots of gossip, and lots of reports that may or may not be true about things from "unnamed sources", etc. Her family is no help, obviously.

As to the legal question: Huckaby hid the body, she continued to deceive LE with her concocted stories, so no, she won't be declared legally insane in this case. She may be a petty thief and a child molester and murderer, but as long as she knew what she was doing was wrong and tried to cover up for it, she's not legally insane by definition.

Hi KoldKase, I agree with you. She knew what she did was wrong, evidenced by her cover-up: hiding the body, lieing about the suitcase being stolen, the lies about sending Sandra home, and how many more???:twocents: Nonni

No way....she would have had surgery if she really swallowed razor blades. Even if she wrapped them in cheese or bread or whatever. Wouldn't they have torn her up inside on the way out?

Yeah, I'm thinking you could make them go down easy, but not control how they'd come out. Ouch, painful thought. However, my dogs sure eat some scary stuff they seem to poop out just fine.

I think Joga might be onto something though.

Yes. I remember Mark Hacking (killed his newly pregnant wife Lori after lying about school for years) was found running naked in some hotel parking lot just days after she went missing (and loooong before they found her remains weeks later in the city dump).

I bet that's what He was doing and that's what I think Mellissa is doing too.

Thank you for sharing (not lol) omg coulda gone all day w/out picturing that...:sick: OT At least Phil Spector's going away, TG.

It seems that she had a lot of medical bills prior to this. I wonder how many times she attempted suicide before.

Yes have been wondering this too--$4k was ambulance fees apparently but what about the other reported $13k (her med bills totalled $17k+)? Wondering were these hospitalizations, meds, psych related...? JMO
:parrot:

my Dog ate my diamond wedding ring and we had to give a laxative and follow him around I didn't want the vet to cut him open,but I am quite fond of that ring.The human body is a wondreful thing unfortunatly it really just depends on where you live, what kind of insurance you have,and how long after she swallowed the blades hence the whole internal bleeding senario.So not not to sound really gross alot of things just pass ;)

wow Kiki with those kinds of medical costs her parents and her grandparents knew that Michelle
had more that a little shop lifting problem.It speaks volumes that the grandmother that said that she must have had a break was not in the courtroom. I think we may hear more about thier relationship in the future.

Since the medical people didn't give us a report we don't know if Melissa may have put each blade in some cookie dough before swallowing in order to avoid cutting the esophagus. She may have hoped to cause some internal bleeding down in the digestive tract, some cutting before expelling the blades. I'm not believing it's an actual suicide attempt until I hear reports of her threatening it, calling 911, or whatever. I'd also like to know what medication she was on and if she was on the stuff back when the other little girl was drugged.

Bolded by me.

Uh-huh I think you are on to something there, I bet she didn't either.

They weren't razor blades, though - they were exacto knife blades. When I buy those they don't have blade-jackets.

Gruesome thought. I wonder if her "foreign object penetration" used blades.

I don't know, I just was thinking of "Sybill" and her mother's use of blades and button-hooks as instruments of sexual abuse and torment.

my Dog ate my diamond wedding ring and we had to give a laxative and follow him around I didn't want the vet to cut him open,but I am quite fond of that ring.The human body is a wondreful thing unfortunatly it really just depends on where you live, what kind of insurance you have,and how long after she swallowed the blades hence the whole internal bleeding senario.So not not to sound really gross alot of things just pass ;)

If it hadn't been too long since she swallowed, Dr. could go down with a scope and retrieve the blades.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endoscopic_foreign_body_retrieval

Sorry about your ring, :)

Just curious...hoping to understand the insanity plea. If a person is found to be insane when up against murder charges...how does that change the sentencing? Is it just that it rules out the death penalty or does it mean they go to an institution instead of prison? Thanks

I'm thinking just because they're not reporting she had a surgical procedure to remove them doesn't mean she didn't. With x-rays and MRI technology they could have performed an easy extraction just using keyhole incisions. The blades might not have gotten very far at all. All speculation though.

It was reported she was hospitalized for internal bleeding. She did manage to get them down (somehow :eek:) and I don't think she left the caps on.

ETA; I forgot, my DH had double hernia repair and went home an hour after his surgery. They don't often keep you for minor surgeries anymore. Her mental issues are a whole 'nother thing.

Aren't some exacto or craft knives pretty small for people to use in scrapbooking? I read somewhere that Melissa had scrapbooking supplies for her sunday school room. Maybe the blades were small.

tx for the chuckle....glad u got your ring back!!:laugh:

Since the medical people didn't give us a report we don't know if Melissa may have put each blade in some cookie dough before swallowing in order to avoid cutting the esophagus. She may have hoped to cause some internal bleeding down in the digestive tract, some cutting before expelling the blades. I'm not believing it's an actual suicide attempt until I hear reports of her threatening it, calling 911, or whatever. I'd also like to know what medication she was on and if she was on the stuff back when the other little girl was drugged.

should this be on the rumor thread? i heard a conflicting statement somewhere...read i should say... that she took a family members bottle of coumadin pills.. now that would make alot more sense than the razor blades which i dont believe one bit.:bang:

she probably didn't take the razor caps off...:rolleyes: i just honestly don't see how she could have done that and not have had to get surgery. of course, i have no medical training and am full of it so i guess it's possible.

Why does everyone think there was no surgery? I haven't read anything, did I miss it?

I assumed she had surgery because I didn't think it would be a good idea to let those blades "pass." But it appears I'm the only one that made such an assumption. :waitasec:

TIA,

Salem

PS - joga this is not intended to you personally, just a general question. Your post was just a good jumping off place :)

I am confused why does everyone think Melissa is crazy or insane or whatever? To me it seems like she WANTS everyone to THINK she is crazy. Someone who really wants to kill themselves DO kill themselves. They don't call people and tell them they are bleeding internally after swallowing exacto knives. She didn't have to tell anyone what she swallowed.....she could have just waited for them to do their work. Melissa might have attempted suicide many times before but that doesn't mean she wanted to die. It means she had emotional problems that she needed to seek a mental health professional for right? Attemted suicide is a call for help or attention...serious suicide is well.....death. Seriously....do you all think she would try an insanity plea because I don't by that at all.

Everything I post is strictly opinion. :blushing:

should this be on the rumor thread? i heard a conflicting statement somewhere...read i should say... that she took a family members bottle of coumadin pills.. now that would make alot more sense than the razor blades which i dont believe one bit.:bang:
That was pure speculation on the part of one of our posters about the coumadin pills, IIRC.

Sheesh, I've never heard of anyone swallowing any type of blades.
If they were the regular size x-actos, I don't know how she swallowed the blades.
You would think they would get hung in her throat.

They weren't razor blades, though - they were exacto knife blades. When I buy those they don't have blade-jackets.

Gruesome thought. I wonder if her "foreign object penetration" used blades.

I don't know, I just was thinking of "Sybill" and her mother's use of blades and button-hooks as instruments of sexual abuse and torment.

OMG!! :eek::eek: I don't even want to think about that! Let us all pray this wasn't the case.

X-acto blades come in various shapes and sizes, but the most common are the very small blades that fit inside a small knife, usually used for cutting paper and cardboard (so it would go perfectly well with the theory of them being scrapbooking materials). I used to wok in advertising and these are used a lot for presentations. They are very small and it wouldn'd surprise me if the "passed". But hey, I'm not a doctor either.

Here's the link so you can see them:
http://www.xacto.com/products.asp

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans