Forensic Astrology - GENERAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a book about angel messages by Doreen Virtue. It has a whole bunch of numbers and descriptions re those numbers. A friend of mine turned me on to it. Take it for what it is worth. I found it helpful with a number that has been cropping up for me in the past 2-3 years. :) http://books.spiritlibrary.com/doreen-virtue/angel-numbers-101 Also, 44 is a "master number"; there is a book by Lynn Buess called Numerology For the New Age. You can get it from Alibris (online) for $1.99 plus shipping. (It's out of print)

Thank you so much RhytmicSun...

I will most surely go purchase that book! What is "master number" is that a bad thing or a good thing? I gotta know...it's just so weird that because it happens almost every hour on the hour...it's gotten to the point where I expect the clock to say #:44 and when I look, 9 times out of 10, it's there!!!
I just smile to myself, sometimes even let out a little chuckle....strange stuff...Your Awesome for posting me back so soon and with such good info!

So, I guess this is a common thing? since there are books on it, huh?

You're welcome :) It's interesting, mine is a set of two numbers, repeated (4 numbers total). It happens to be the birthday of a former involvement so it drives me crazy but that isn't what it is about, though I initially thought it was.

As for master numbers, they are double the energy and considered a more intense and/or perfected manifestation of the energy of the particular number. Lynn Buess also has a book called Forever Numerology that covers the master numbers 11-99, but he has said himself to concentrate on the lower numbers (through 4 I believe) and be familiar with them before moving on to the others.

Hans Decoz is another excellent source. http://www.decoz.com/Masternumbers.htm He states that 33 is the most influential of all master numbers. His website is excellent too, and he has a free downloadable program along with a major one that you can pay for.

You're welcome :) It's interesting, mine is a set of two numbers, repeated (4 numbers total). It happens to be the birthday of a former involvement so it drives me crazy but that isn't what it is about, though I initially thought it was.

As for master numbers, they are double the energy and considered a more intense and/or perfected manifestation of the energy of the particular number. Lynn Buess also has a book called Forever Numerology that covers the master numbers 11-99, but he has said himself to concentrate on the lower numbers (through 4 I believe) and be familiar with them before moving on to the others.

Hans Decoz is another excellent source. http://www.decoz.com/Masternumbers.htm He states that 33 is the most influential of all master numbers. His website is excellent too, and he has a free downloadable program along with a major one that you can pay for.

Thanks sooooo much! I'm so freakin' excited about all the links and book info you gave me!! I knew I could find help here! You guys rock!!!! I will be checking back in with you as I educate myself on this stuff. (((HUGS))) for the help!!

Ok, I have a question if any of you could induldge me, lol

I made a book list from the "the library thread" and went to do some shopping....Was dissappointed, to say the least, that they all only offered one book, and not high on my list of those I was eager for. It is "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need" by Joanna Woolfolk. I am gonna try my local library next. I did buy it and in so doing have been able to learn some things about house, conjunctions, squares, trines, etc..So, it is not a bad purchase, I think.

My question is..... I have someone close to me who is an Aries, a late one. The general Aries description fits in some ways but I see more Taurus in him. This book is sorta vague, IMO, but not knowing much, can't make that call. I ran his chart and this book seems a little general compared to what I have seen you guys do. How much of these writings are swayed by personal opinion opposed to the science? Do we need to be careful?

Hope maybe someone can understand my post, lol. Sorry if it is a silly question.

TIA
~Khaki

Khaki, you can purchase most of the books listed in the Library from Dave Roell's Astroamerica.com website. Amazon.com also has a large variety of astro books.

SUN signs are only the tip of the iceberg in astrology. If your friend is an Aries but seems more 'Taurean' to you, he may have, for example, personal planets in Taurus and/or a Taurus Ascendant and/or several planets in fixed signs.

I like Betty Lundsted's 'Astrological Insights into Personality' which gives good insights. I believe Dave Roell carries that book on his website.

Thanks,
Soulscape

I'm glad you mentioned Betty Lundsted and that very good book, Soulscape. I've been meaning to recommend Betty's books 'Planetary Cycles' and 'Transits: The Time of Your Life'.

Betty was a great astrologer and her books work well with digesting meatier material on cycles and transits from Alexander Ruperti, Robert Hand and Maria Kay Simms amongst others. While they are written in a chatty, personal and casual style, they are very good for beginners and intermediates and good reference books in general. Her treatment of the Mars cycle to itself is particularly good. I've personally experienced the "Last Quarter" Mars cycle working for me at least twice, and have also seen it work for others.

I have a general question. I hope this is the right place to put this, if not mods please move. I'm posting here because while it is a request, I do not want any of the Astros to put any time into this, I am simply asking if any of you have done this before, have any experience with and may have the info saved or can post a sumary based on recollection.

Have any of you done a chart for an abduction or missing person that was recovered safe? I'm thinking along the lines of either a parental abduction or someone like Shawn Hornbeck. Again, this is simply out of curiousity. No hurry..... maybe something like a rainy day kind of thing at your convenience.

Thanks

Cubby (I told ya I have as many questions as a 4 yr old decades later, lol)

I have a general question. I hope this is the right place to put this, if not mods please move. I'm posting here because while it is a request, I do not want any of the Astros to put any time into this, I am simply asking if any of you have done this before, have any experience with and may have the info saved or can post a sumary based on recollection.

Have any of you done a chart for an abduction or missing person that was recovered safe? I'm thinking along the lines of either a parental abduction or someone like Shawn Hornbeck. Again, this is simply out of curiousity. No hurry..... maybe something like a rainy day kind of thing at your convenience.

Thanks

Cubby (I told ya I have as many questions as a 4 yr old decades later, lol)

The Astros tell me that sometimes a missing person's case does work out well. That can be seen in advance when the final aspects made by disappearance planets are favorable.

~Respectfully snipped ~
I made a book list from the "the library thread" and went to do some shopping....Was dissappointed, to say the least, that they all only offered one book, and not high on my list of those I was eager for. It is "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need" by Joanna Woolfolk.

TIA
~Khaki

Khaki - I purchased several used books from Amazon.com. I managed to purchase my first 5 books (taken from the Astro Library thread) for about $20-$30. Also I have found that some of the books that might be out of print were available used at Amazon.

Salem

Everyone posting on this thread seems to be an astrology enthusiast but for the sceptics and denouncers, a few words on where we are in modern times with this massive ancient body of knowledge.

When John Henry Nelson worked for RCA in studying radio waves and their facilitation, he discovered that the hard aspects of planets, such as Jupiter square Saturn, interfered with the transmission of radio signals. There were disruptions due to magnetic storms; the ionosphere was disturbed. By contrast, multiples of sixty degrees between planetary bodies furthered the transmission of signals. There was attendant harmony and stability in the ionosphere.

Radio Corporation of America needed this information in order to do business. This research scientist used an ephemeris to forecast trouble and clear going. He became a friend of astrology. He has addressed NATO on the subject of ionospheric research. His theories and methods of predicting sunstorms are important to space travel as well as communications. We continue to build upon his work today.

John J. O'Neill, astronomer and Pulitzer prize winning science editor of the N.Y. Herald Tribune authored a long apologia or defense of astrology and copies of that are still available from the American Federation of Astrology. Possibly this widely distributed essay is accessible on-line as well.

Navigation by heavenly bodies is still in practice and such knowledge is necessary to voyage on the seas. The Nautical Ephemeris is a monster tome and I have used it in library to compute horoscopes. How foolish to assume that astrologers think planets travel in reverse. It only looks that way to us earthlings and that is why it is called apparent retrograde motion. Likewise, astrologers know the earth is not the center of our system but put the earth at the hub of interest when studying a person, event or question because we look out from it.

All of the big names in astronomy of the past, to whom we owe so much, were astrologers. Copernicus, Brahe, Kepler, Galileo, Newton and Pythagoras are some that everyone recognises. Since scientists use their work in order to advance the discipline, are they not owed respect for what they accomplished before a certain line of thinker began mocking scientific antecedents?

Wow Tuba - Thank YOU for this information. I'll be googling some of these names just for my own interest. Astrology's history is fascinating. It does seem to go back as far as humans :) What I'm finding really interesting is how the modern practice evolved from the past, which is what you are directly referring too :). The radio signals is very intriquing!

Salem

Yes, the radio signals are interesting. When the planets are adverse causing magnetic fluctuations, voltage is induced in the lines, including telegraphic lines. To skirt the magnetic storms low latitude paths on the earth were chosen for transmission. The high latitudes suffer more severe magnetic storms. The ionosphere fails then to reflect the same frequency with the same strength consistently because the sphere varies in density and height (greatly).

Therefore, I feel blessed that we have been joined by Soulscape, Tuba, Kaitland, and so many others who focus on horary, natal, and psychological astrology, for they pick up when my "short attention span" moves on to some other astrological puzzle, for I am too impatient for all these details, and want to wait for Casey's trial.

But, when it comes, I will be right on it, eager to see how the Ebertin method works, for I am always checking my methods against reality.
...snipped and bolded by me...

What is psychological astrology? TYIA:)

This probably isn't the place to post this,but since the thread on the US has been locked,I figured I'd give it a try. Is there any astrological explaination to the current flu outbreak? I'm not sure how you would even chart it,but wondered if there is any thing in the stars in regard to this.
Thanks

Pigs are Taurus and news of our outbreak hit after the Sun had entered the Sign. Saturn & Neptune are involved in pigdom and the animal husbandry of pigs is House 6. Venus, ruler of Taurus, has been square Pluto, epidemics but now Mars has come up and squared Pluto for infection.

...snipped and bolded by me...

What is psychological astrology? TYIA:)

Hello Daisy,

Simplistically, it is the blending of astrological & psychological principles to explain personality, motivation, drive --- in other words, what makes a person 'tick.'

Liz Greene, prolific author and founder of the Centre for Psychological Astrology (London, England) is one of the best known 'astropsychologists.' (Arguably her best known book, 'Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil' is a classic.

Howard Sasportas is another well-known psychological astrologer.

Dave Roell has an entire section devoted to astropsychology on his website, Astroamerica.com.

Thanks,
Soulscape

On the radio and t.v. and also on the web, there is often information about what happened on this day in history. Usually, the report is confined to notable acts and events, recorded after the fact in books. Given enough leisure, the accounts could go on and on, endlessly, because so much happens on any given day in this world.

If you tell an astrologer that your fiance went missing on the 20th of April and the astrologer looks at the movements of the Moon and Sun and planets in our solar system on that day, he may see that the Iranians installed another underground centrifuge or that flooding reached disaster level in Eastern Indiana or that the main library was dedicated in Pumpkinville, California. So many, many happenings took place that day and the planets overlook it all, are in synchronicity with it all. That is why, if you want particulars, you have to give particulars. Tell the astrologer, "I want you to look at this place, his work place in South Seattle and look at this time, when he clocked out." Because at that certain moment, punched on his time card, in that certain latitude and longitude, he vanished. Fifteen miles away, some vandals may have broken bottles in a liquor store and we do not want to include any of the facts from that event and comingle them with the designations from fiance's disappearance. We want to know just where the turning wheel was, just where the Moon was and how she related to another planet, like Mercury. We want the snapshot of that place and that time. Otherwise, anything could have been happening anywhere and all you will get is the soupe du jour. Both you and the astrologer can be drastically misled. So come bearing facts.

Would love to see the astrological connections to the parents and siblings of the "wrong" families!

Tue May 12, 6:17 am ET
HEPPNER, Ore. – On a spring day in 1953, two baby girls were born at Pioneer Memorial Hospital in eastern Oregon. They grew up happily, got married, had kids of their own and became grandparents. Then last summer their lives were turned upside down.

Kay Rene Reed Qualls found out that she and DeeAnn Angell Shafer were switched at birth.

Remainder of story, and photo, here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_switched_at_birth

Is there anything in particular that happens in the heavens that indicates/causes "one of those days"? You know, the kind of day where nothing seems to go right - a toe-stubbing, phone-dropping, finger-pinching kind of day.

If you read post #7 on the preceding page 3, you saw that angles of 90° and 180° between heavenly bodies mark times of blockage. Usually we write about them as squares and oppositions but sometimes call them angles~all the same thing. Even radio signals and telegraph transmissions and your electrical line experience interference when the planets square off or line up against one another in a face off. We are also under heavy weather at such times. Barometric pressure changes and the water in our tissues responds making us fumble thumbs. We just don't handle objects smoothly.

If you watch players involved in a sporting contest, you will see that on some days both sides handle the ball poorly and make mistake after mistake. That represents conditions just described above. Fans in the bleachers are groaning. Other days, a certain player cannot put a foot right. Everything he or she does is a bobble & a bungle. That would be a day when the player has planets squaring or opposing his own birth planets but others are not affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member