Caylee vs Sandra Memorial and Family Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the BEST way to sum it up is......the difference between a ceremony and a circus!!!!!

As my mama used to say- there are 2 kinds of class..first class and no class! And socio-economic background has nothing to do with it. The A's live in a nice subdivision and until we saw how they really are, we would have thought they had 'class'. Hayleigh Cumming's family live in a trailer park and, for all intents and purposes, have acted with such a lack of class that the media has all but forgotten little Hayleigh because of the behavior and infighting among her family- much like the A's. Sandra Cantu's family live in a mobile home park and have, from day one, respected the police and made the entire horrific event about their daughter-no lashing out and badmouthing the police or each other (only the media went after Sandra's father). They have more class in their pinkie fingers than the entire Anthony and Cummings clan put together!

JMO

Thank you for this thread....I felt Sandra's memorial was so much more heartfelt and genuine...I was uncomfortable watching Caylee's memorial, actually. I felt sorrow over the pain on GA's face (because I do believe he genuinely grieves over his granddaughter), but felt nothing but irritation at CA and LA. I grieved over the beautiful pictures of Caylee, but was frustrated over their PR campaign for (who I believe to be) her killer. It was a show, and just didn't feel very genuine to me. JMO.

Did either of the families have a funeral? I guess as a Catholic with all the reverence that goes into a funeral mass, I just feel like something is missing.

However, yes there was a totally different feel between the memorials. The Anthony's seemed more like they were trying to put on a show. Sad that they did not care much for the time LE spent looking for their granddaughter.

I do think Sandra's was much more a beautiful memorial and was only about her.

Beautiful...Sandra was truly celebrated in her memorial. My heart bleeds for her family.

The A's...after awhile I had to tune out Caylee's memorial. It wasn't to celebrate Caylee or to express sadness at the memory, it was a show of defiance and support for Casey. That makes me sad and angry.

E-body has pretty well covered the differences. Can't member what show my G/D and I were watching when we saw parts of Sandra's Memorial but we both sat here and cried. We cried for Sandra and we cried for Caylee. Nobody took Sandra's Sunshine away---they took her life but she still has her Sunshine. Poor lil Caylee had her life taken and her Sunshine.

During Caylee's Memorial----my G/D and I were sittin here in total shock. It's not to late for the Anthony's to give Caylee back her Sunshine. GA hollerin about Morgan saying "remains", well----best be I cut this off right here cus I think ya'll know how I feel.
:sunshine:for lil Caylee

The biggest differences in these 2 stories was early on when Sandra was missing, unlike KC, Sandras mom reported it and when Sandra was found dead her mother could barely speak and she had to be immediately hospitalized.
Sandras mother acted/acts like a real mother who loved her child and was distraught.
Unlike part-ee girl KC (which is proof alone that KC did it).

The biggest differences in these 2 stories was early on when Sandra was missing, unlike KC, Sandras mom reported it and when Sandra was found dead her mother could barely speak and she had to be immediately hospitalized.
Sandras mother acted/acts like a real mother who loved her child and was distraught.
Unlike part-ee girl KC (which is proof alone that KC did it).

KC seemed to do alot of research about alot of things except how a TRUE mother would react to a childs abduction and murder. While I watched the clips of the memorial in Tracey-I could not help but make the obvious comparisons to the one in Orlando. Sandra's memorial was about Sandra and thanks and gratitude to all who searched and cared. Caylee's was about the family and how they are united and CMA!! I may be wrong but, I don't recall them thanking anyone! Did they?:confused:

I think the biggest difference that struck me was that Sandra's memorial was to grieve for her, honor her memory, remember her life, and respectfully lay her to rest.

Caylee's service was done to promote a defense strategy and continue the spin that her mother is the real victim. Of course, this is my opinion only.

they were different because sandras family didnt know about her death via a family member... casey told her family and they knew after the fact probably not how just that caylee was dead .. sandras family doesnt have anyone to defend they havnt lied . they REALLY LOVED sandra..so all the focus could be on sandra unlike it wasnt on caylee .they still have to defend that thing caylee had of a mother and caylees "joke of a family" if that is what ya call it ..and after all that i have read and learned yeah i really think i hate them all now ..

After watching Sandra's memorial today, it made me think of poor Caylee. The memorial for Sandra was all about her wonderful life, the family giving personal thanks to LE, different agencies, and individuals for all of there help and even apologized if they forgot to thank anyone. There were no coded messages, rantings, or the focus taken off of beautiful Sandra whose life ended to soon. Poor Caylee's memorial was quite the opposite and in my opinion in was more for the families financial gain and to be able to speak code to the accused murderer of Caylee. I would like to hear others perspectives about the memorial differences of these two little girls whose lives were cut short by a murderer. Not a bashing thread but the noticeable differences and the reason why they had the differences.
I had the same thought as you. How very dignified it all was! I felt such deep sympathy for the family and what they're going through.
Thank you for starting the thread.

One big difference was the amount of people that attended a little girl's that they barely knew vs. the alot less than what was expected at a little girl people all over the world had heard of for 6 months. Reason: family behavior

Did either of the families have a funeral? I guess as a Catholic with all the reverence that goes into a funeral mass, I just feel like something is missing.

However, yes there was a totally different feel between the memorials. The Anthony's seemed more like they were trying to put on a show. Sad that they did not care much for the time LE spent looking for their granddaughter.

I do think Sandra's was much more a beautiful memorial and was only about her.
I'm not sure what the As did, but IIRC there was a funeral service for Sandra. The memorial that I heard about yesterday was explicitly for the public.

I'm not sure what the As did, but IIRC there was a funeral service for Sandra. The memorial that I heard about yesterday was explicitly for the public.

Yes, the private services were the day before the public one. I give so much thanks and credit to that whole community coming together the way they did. It was very tasteful... and it shows that not everyone out there is a media wh#$% or opportunist. It restored a little faith in humanity for me.

I teared up too... the whole thing was very touching.

Yes, the private services were the day before the public one. I give so much thanks and credit to that whole community coming together the way they did. It was very tasteful... and it shows that not everyone out there is a media wh#$% or opportunist. It restored a little faith in humanity for me.

I teared up too... the whole thing was very touching.

. . . and sadly, now, the defense has asked that she be exhumed. It makes me sick!

http://www.knx1070.com/Tracy-Defendant-s-Lawyer-Wants-Girl-s-Body-Exhumed/4224218

The gym at that high school was packed with people who came to remember Sandra. There obviously wasn't a guard at the door checking for people who were on a "disinvite list."

There was tremendous graciousness and dignity.

Graciousness and dignity is the big difference.
Sandra's Mom and Family sat humbly during their memorial of the beautiful daughter with breaking hearts. Makes you feel so bad for them.

The breaking hearts of the A's is so hard for us to feel. I do feel bad for them in their loss too but it is so hard to comprehend their complacency
about loosing Caylee and not searching desperately for the real killer. Not Casey or her Family act like people who believe someone Else has done this terrible thing. They seem like they know and just want to forget.
If someone else really did this and that is what they thought they would be acting soooo much different
They never ask for someone to help them find this person so they could have found Caylee. They never say this ZFG is not the one for months.
they believe their daughters out and out lies and go along with her.
They just ask for money. They don't contribute water and food when the searches were taking place, they never thank anyone who have helped them. Their belief is soooooooooooo OBVIOUS.
They should be thanking RK for finding their baby and Cindy should be hanging on him with the hugs. HE DID SOMETHING TO HELP THEM.
I am appauled at their actions:shakehead:

Shortly after Sandra went missing I saw her mother on the Today Show...totally emotional and devastated...worried. I couldn't help but contrast the devastated look on her face with the cool calm Casey that we've seen recently on the police interrogation tapes. I thought to myself..a normal mother acts THAT way...not the way Casey acted/acts. (and to all of you that will write me and say that 'everyone shows emotion in their own way' I know)

This is not a comparison of the memorials, but I thought it was at least related.

A luncheon was held by the city of Tracy yesterday to thank the searchers and emergency personnel who searched for Sandra Cantu.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6768534

I did not watch all of Caylee's memorial, only the snippets on the news in the days that followed. Did any of the As thank anyone?

TIA

This is not a comparison of the memorials, but I thought it was at least related.

A luncheon was held by the city of Tracy yesterday to thank the searchers and emergency personnel who searched for Sandra Cantu.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6768534

I did not watch all of Caylee's memorial, only the snippets on the news in the days that followed. Did any of the As thank anyone?

TIA

Bold mine.

I don't recall that they did, BeanE! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads