Melissa's Ex speaks on GMA 04.17.09

Hey daisy.faithfull - interesting points. But I still have questions : )

A fixation on a physical flaw may be painful - doesn't qualify as a red flag for rape/murder I don't think...

Pregnancy can mess with a woman's hormones and emotions - no argument there. Even to the point of suffering serious, clinical depression (most widely known as post-partum, but that doesn't mean a woman won't experience difficulties at other times).

Post-partum depression, even situational depression, new-mother anxieties, body image fears, etc. these things are all fairly common, and often experienced by many women. None of whom kill children.

I think this ex, if he'd been told that MH had been diagnosed with a personality disorder, would have offered that. He really didn't seem to know much. But then again, a personality disorder doesn't define someone as capable of murder. There are so many variations and manifestations of emotional and psychological difficulties - and diagnoses - and there are few that generally assign someone as homicidal - and those are only on an individual basis at best, I believe.

For this ex to allude to a personality disorder - having not spoken to MH since the divorce and having no qualifications to make such a diagnosis/assessment seems sort of non-useful at best. If this man believed that his ex was homicidal, then I have to question his viability as a reasonable candidate for custody of his child... Especially making this assertion after having not spoken to MH since 2005. It sort of makes his analysis kind of useless, no?.

Do you think I'm way off on this stuff? Maybe I am...

Does it seem odd to anyone that an x-boyfriend would need a restraining order against the grandfather as well as Melissa? Why would a stalker target a particular member of a family? I'm wondering if he was trying to "prove his love" to MH by protecting her from him if he was an abuser. What do you all think?

Since this restraining order WAS granted, does it mean this ex boyfriend Josh Palmer (he allegedly has a looong rap sheet) actually did threaten them? How thoroughly does LE investigate restraining orders.

Also, could this ex still be in the picture?

Does it seem odd to anyone that an x-boyfriend would need a restraining order against the grandfather as well as Melissa? Why would a stalker target a particular member of a family? I'm wondering if he was trying to "prove his love" to MH by protecting her from him if he was an abuser. What do you all think?

After all I've read, I'm not believing that this man did anything much at all unless he was angry and made a few threatening visits or calls out of anger of maybe being accused of something that he didn't do. I think it's too bad that she involved her elderly grandfather in all her drama.

TxVickie, you have a point. It's sounds like this accusation/restraining order could have been similar to her accusing the cop of raping her...

Again, MH is an attention seeker and perhaps sees/imagines herself in a victim role.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back