Revisiting the Hot Body Contest/"Ugly Coping"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference in these cases is the partying was not out of the norm for Casey. She was doing the same before Caylee was missing. She was not going to change her lifestyle because of a missing child. What she had hoped was the car would of been stolen from Amscot and that would be the reasonable doubt....Casey is not smart and that is why it is so hard to grasp. Everyone tries to think logical and the whole thing is not because she ain't that smart...:crazy: Casey just lives in her own little world...

I always believed Cindy was innocent....

Good luck with that Jose!

sorry, I'm responding to so many posts this am. This is a really interesting thread and the posts are great.

Here's another silly tidbit they used against Sommers. On the way to the hospital, she asked whoever was driving to stop and get a pack of cigarettes. they person who too her made a HUGE deal out of that. Saying if you truly were worried about your loved one, would you really need to stop and get cigarettes? UHM......YES! If anyone here smokes, you know it doesn't matter what is going on, if you're out of smokes, especially in a stressful situation, you need to have them. I don't know how much she smoked. However, if it were like me, I would definitely be making that stop, even if my loved one was in the hospital. LOL! it's an addiction so deep that it does control all else. And especially, I don't think anyone in Somers situation could really wrap their brain around the fact, he could die. I feel for me, it would just seem. ok, he's at the hospital now. He's very sick. but he's going to be ok now.

Just my 2 cents.

Absolutely! As a smoker....I can say...NO WAY I would go without !!!!!!!!! Especially at a time like that!

I read the article and watched the video. I think JB gave the same answer he always does. "She has a very compelling reason...gee, I wish I could say more..."
Basically, I feel he has squat and the reporter ran with the ugly coping angle for a story. I see nothing about the Sommers case that resembles Casey's. I think he likens the Sommers case to Casey's as a way of saying "Look at these over zealous prosecutors. They will stoop to new levels to blame my client, just like the prosecutors did in the Sommers case."

I haven't read the previous 4 pgs. of replies but I did see the comment/story posted in today's update where Baez says he would like to reveal KC's explanation for her partying and wild behavior. When Baez compares KC to Cynthia S., they knew all along Cynthia's DH was dead. Supposedly, Caylee was "missing". The only explanation I can think of to compare the 2 partying is that Cynthia dealt with her grieving by partying (find that hard to believe but that's another topic!) and Caylee's "kidnapper(s)" told KC to go about with her life as she would normally by partying or whatever. IDK just a thought.

I haven't read the previous 4 pgs. of replies but I did see the comment/story posted in today's update where Baez says he would like to reveal KC's explanation for her partying and wild behavior. When Baez compares KC to Cynthia S., they knew all along Cynthia's DH was dead. Supposedly, Caylee was "missing". The only explanation I can think of to compare the 2 partying is that Cynthia dealt with her grieving by partying (find that hard to believe but that's another topic!) and Caylee's "kidnapper(s)" told KC to go about with her life as she would normally by partying or whatever. IDK just a thought.

what I got from the article was that Cynthia waited two months.....go figure--kc only waited couple hours....think jb needs to look more into case law and procedures than trying to use others as examples...remember the fugitive comparison...why do others continue to give him air time only to have him say "wait and see"--kinda like those commercials for upcomming tv programs...

Just because CS's conviction was tossed out does not mean that she did not kill her husband. Although her actions after his death undoubtedly aided in her conviction, what really nailed her was her BS 911 call--no way was she performing CPR while her husband's mouth foamed, and while she held the phone and continued to converse with the dispatcher. If you ever have performed CPR you will know that this feat of hers was not possible. Do not underestimate the value of a good defense lawyer. Bloom was my trial techniques professor in law school and he is an excellent advocate.

what I got from the article was that Cynthia waited two months.....go figure--kc only waited couple hours....think jb needs to look more into case law and procedures than trying to use others as examples...remember the fugitive comparison...why do others continue to give him air time only to have him say "wait and see"--kinda like those commercials for upcomming tv programs...

To proffer to a potential Jury Pool, planting seeds of doubt...........I say he's worried enought to make an A$$ of himself doing this, especially in the eyes of Legal pundits:)

Whoops again JB! You tried to see if this would take and stick but no such luck. Once again JB is trying to mesh psychology and the law. He apparantly doesn't realize it is no defense for KC killing her daughter. No matter how many souls KC tries to bring down with her she will pay the most.

sorry, I'm responding to so many posts this am. This is a really interesting thread and the posts are great.

Here's another silly tidbit they used against Sommers. On the way to the hospital, she asked whoever was driving to stop and get a pack of cigarettes. they person who too her made a HUGE deal out of that. Saying if you truly were worried about your loved one, would you really need to stop and get cigarettes? UHM......YES! If anyone here smokes, you know it doesn't matter what is going on, if you're out of smokes, expecially in a stressful situation, you need to have them. I don't know how much she smoked. However, if it were like me, I would definitely be making that stop, even if my loved one was in the hospital. LOL! it's an addiction so deep that it does control all else. And especially, I don't think anyone in Sommers situation could really wrap their brain around the fact, he could die. I feel for me, it would just seem. ok, he's at the hospital now. He's very sick. but he's going to be ok now.

Just my 2 cents.

SMOKE---SMOKE----------YUP! Gotta stop! Get 2 packs. Carton!

Tonight At 11: Casey's Defense?
WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing investigates possible strategies for Casey Anthony's defense team.

http://www.wesh.com/video/19309812/index.html

In this teaser video for tonight's news on WESH, Bob Kealing talks about there being similarities between Casey and Cynthia Sommer's case and that it was Baez that told him of this case.

Here is a news article about Sommer's case:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-poison29nov29,0,702496.story?coll=la-home-center

She was convicted of murder and it was later overturned and dismissed due to new testing related to the cause of death. The only similarity to Casey's case is that Sommer partied hard and had casual sex partners in the time period after the death. This was presented at the original trial which her appeals attorney later argued unfairly prejudiced the jury and should not have been allowed.

One question this raises for me is will Casey's partying (Fusian pictures) and illegal activities (Target shopping spree) after Caylee was last seen be allowed at trial? Do you think Baez is right to draw a parallel to the Sommer case?

Well that's the theft charges proved.
He can't deny them as false and then USE them at trial.

Now we have a possible motive for Caylees murder too.

KC's world of lying, cheating and stealing was about to come crashing down. She needed to get away - far away - from all things Orlando. She is a professional moocher, so survival wasn't an issue. However, towing around a 2 year old wouldn't be easy whilst reinventing oneself.

To proffer to a potential Jury Pool, planting seeds of doubt...........I say he's worried enought to make an A$$ of himself doing this, especially in the eyes of Legal pundits:)

one minute he is on the courtroom steps saying it will only be tried in a court of law---not a court of public opion---then he goes out and does all the pressers he can----like a comming soon to a screen near you????

kinda off but kinda not off topic---Once Mark G took sp did he do all these rounds/??????????

Nahhhh, she's smart enough to know when to keep her mouth shut. :whistle:

Not even in the penalty phase? no........

I just can't wait until she starts demanding the judge:

-it's been a long day
-this chair is to hard
-can I take a break, I'm afraid of blood clots
-I've been under a great deal of stress
-how much longer is this going to take
-Looks over to BC = I'm gonna leave, Brad, I'm gonna leave

Now let us pray - no gum chewing and a support bra! The trick is, you go to Macy's and they will fit one for you. It's reallllll simple.

Best,

SMOKE---SMOKE----------YUP! Gotta stop! Get 2 packs. Carton!

No, a pack or 2 of cigarettes a murderer does not make. Remember, Cynthia has been with her husband in and out of hospitals since the 8th, and it was now the 18th. IMHO if I wanted to kill my husband I wouldn't be taking him all over town to see other doctor's to figure out what was wrong with him. she stayed in close touch with her mother as well.

On the way to the hospital, Stoner stopped at her barracks briefly. Cindy asked her if she could stop for cigarettes because she anticipated a long wait at the Emergency Room and her nerves were shot. Cindy was anxious to see Todd, but realized the waiting would be difficult. Officer Stoner later testified that Cindy was anxious and told her that Todd was a good man and she was sure he would be okay.

Now if you ask me, hospitals such as Scipps do not have cigarette vending machines - so she was going to stop somewhere, right?

The ambulance arrived at the hospital at 2:25 a.m. and Todd was pronounced dead 10 minutes later, after all efforts to resuscitate him had failed.

The smokes play little part, as she would not be able to see him anyway, or have a chance to smoke.

Shortly thereafter, they were informed of Todd's death. Through her tears, Cindy asked Stoner to accompany her to the room where Todd lay on a gurney. She told Todd she loved him as she removed his wedding ring and placed it on her thumb to keep this symbol of their union close to her.

Little did we know, Todd drank The so-called “Coast Guard Cocktail” which was a mix of Ephedrine and Promethazine and was used to treat motion sickness. Many military members had a habit of using this to keep their energy levels up. It makes sense that Todd may have chosen Ephedra, along with his sports drinks to prevent dehydration and combat the fatigue.

This in turn caused the fatal irregular heart beat (IMO - I stay away from those drinks, my system is too sensitive).

Oh I could go on and on, but the politics in San Diego should be ashamed for what they did to Cynthia. Bothched and Contaminated evidence.

Here's another silly tidbit they used against Sommers. On the way to the hospital, she asked whoever was driving to stop and get a pack of cigarettes. they person who too her made a HUGE deal out of that. Saying if you truly were worried about your loved one, would you really need to stop and get cigarettes? UHM......YES! If anyone here smokes, you know it doesn't matter what is going on, if you're out of smokes, expecially in a stressful situation, you need to have them. I don't know how much she smoked. However, if it were like me, I would definitely be making that stop, even if my loved one was in the hospital. LOL! it's an addiction so deep that it does control all else. And especially, I don't think anyone in Sommers situation could really wrap their brain around the fact, he could die. I feel for me, it would just seem. ok, he's at the hospital now. He's very sick. but he's going to be ok now.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with your post. Dad had a blood clot in his kidney; mom didn't drive. By the time I reached the house, the first words were, I need a pack of ciggies. Dad was already in the hospital by that time and in surgery. If I can give someone some comfort in a desperate situation, then that's okay. Maybe, I'm a little bias, but mom is now gone 3 years now, and dad fully recovered. Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing. If she had asked for the moon, I'd probably try to get it for her. :)

Peace,

"Sommer got a tattoo with her husband's name, birth date, date of death and the Latin words semper fidelis, or "always faithful," the Marine Corps motto."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-poison29nov29,0,702496.story?coll=la-home-center

There is something else the two have in common. They memorialized the death with a pretty tattoo!

Jose is anxious about the partying that she did afterward isn't he? He is looking for any angle he can find to keep that out because he knows that normal ordinary people are going to find that despicable, and the jury is likely to be filled with normal ordinary people. He has told us 2 things with this little tidbit. His client was behaving like a flooz directly after her daughter died and he may very well be ineffective counsel. Otherwise? NO WAY Jose!

How can there be an angle when there isn't one. Cynthia was arrested 3years after her husband passed from an arrythmia. I guess she should have locked herself in a closet, or moved to another state, to feel safe.

While Prosecutors had no evidence linking the mother of four to the lethal poison. They have built a case around Sommer's character, including her promiscuous behavior shortly after Todd's death, her predilection for shopping, and the breast implant surgery she underwent two months after Todd died, which she could not afford before receiving his death benefits.

Yah - that's enough of a reason to arrest someone! :eek:

OH! I wasn't being catty. I smoke and thats why I said to stop for smokes.

It's interesting that JB is going to cite this case because I was thinking about posting a thread about this woman a few weeks ago. She was on Larry King about 2 years ago. LK went to interview her at the prison and I felt so bad for her. I even wrote a paper about her in my law class b/c I truly felt this girl was innocent. Firstly, this woman was found guilty because of moral issues. Her behavior was nothing like KC's. Her in laws wanted to cremate his body and she insisted that he not be cremated so that she would not be accused of trying to "rid evidence". The SA had all over her lovers (after her husband) testify against her. How horrible? Of course the jury has morals and unjustly used her promiscuity to find her guilty. She said that she was lonely and sad and just wanted some comfort so slept with her married neighbors (husband and wife,oy vey).

Yes she bought fake **** but so what. There was not a single thread of evidence that she commited this crime. Her husband's organs were kept in the same place that the government keeps high levels of poisonous liquids.

I feel really sorry for Baez if he is going to compare a truly innocent woman to his vile, monstrous, diabolical client.

OH! I wasn't being catty. I smoke and thats why I said to stop for smokes.

Oh Mama B - I know you weren't being catty. But there were so many folks willing to hang her because she stopped for ciggies, or dated other men. Since when did any of this have to do with her husband passing away. Now if she dumped, buried him, and had a smoke in his grave -- well, ya, I'd have an issue with that. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

Again, if JB, wants to make any comparisons to the 2 cases, he best come talk to the both of us ;)

Hugz,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member