Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5

Status
Not open for further replies.
New member and first time poster. I'm from Arkansas, and actually related to MANY Colemans. (Hopefully NOT this bunch!) Forgive me if it's been stated, but where in Arkansas is CC's family?

Welcome and stay a while!
azwriter

Maybe they could borrow the guillotine from the Bastille Day celebration in St. Louis?

I actually thought about tieing a hang-man's rope under those gigantic trees on the courhouse square, Artie....somewhere where we know CC can see it...

just to give him something to think about...

This rubbed me the wrong way.....

All positions at Joyce Meyer Ministries require mature Christians who are faithful in their church attendance.

http://www.joycemeyer.org/AboutUs/Jobs
It doesn't bother me because I would expect anyone applying for a job working in a ministry be involved in church activities.

I did notice they don't have his job listed. I guess they promoted from within the organization.

Welcome to WS~ The answer is Rogers, AR. ;) His brother living there is Keith Coleman.

Originally Posted by lustm
New member and first time poster. I'm from Arkansas, and actually related to MANY Colemans. (Hopefully NOT this bunch!) Forgive me if it's been stated, but where in Arkansas is CC's family?

It doesn't bother me because I would expect anyone applying for a job working in a ministry be involved in church activities.

I did notice they don't have his job listed. I guess they promoted from within the organization.

Our little church doesn't have a lot of employees (only a couple), but I'm sure there is the same kind of requirement. The church was formed to strengthen your faith, worship God, and fellowship with other believers. It is SUPPOSED to be for each member's BENEFIT and to HELP each member. Sadly, that isn't the case in every church.

Such a clause, to me, is to benefit the employee, not to be a religious banner.

I wonder if CC would have been able to keep his job if he divorced,Maybe he would not have murdered his family.I think JMM should change that policy. :furious:

I don't think divorce is the problem. Joyce Meyer's was divorced herself before she met Dave, her husband.

The morals clause had to do with breaking one of the ten commandments "Thou shalt not commit adultery"

I have followed Joyce Meyer's since she began. If anyone believes in second chances it's her. But for a person who claims to be a Christian and is married and fools around it gives the ministry a bad name. I suppose they think that people would look at that sort of thing and think "If that's Christian behavior I don't want anything to do with Christianity."

As far as I know she doesn't have a church ????
I was thinking more along the lines of tithe, just worded differently.
IMO

IMO

What really bothers me is her no divorce policy:furious:, If I was Sheri's family I would be very upset with that policy.I wonder how many others have contemplated doing what CC has done just to keep a very good paying job in these times.Thankfully most are not capable of this level of Evil:furious:. JMO

Are you talking about JMM's church or the Coleman's church? How bizarre and creepy this all sounds. What are they so scared of?

Let's see I could totally think of a few things the Coleman's should be scared of at this point...mainly that the public now knows their son killed his WIFE and TWO SMALL CHILDREN in cold blood. Their church will be under some heavy scrutiny for many years to come just by association. I hope they do the right thing and show some respect to Sheri, Gavin, and Garrett. We've yet to hear from them and I too find that a bit odd. Not even a condolence...or maybe they did and I missed it?

Then again..maybe the IRS you never know:)

Chris and Sheri were involved in their own church, Destiny, but he also worked for JMM. I haven't found where JM has a designated church where she preaches every Sunday, but I could be mistaken as I don't follow her at all. I read she is aligned with Grace and others in the community tho.

I don't think divorce is the problem. Joyce Meyer's was divorced herself before she met Dave, her husband.

The morals clause had to do with breaking one of the ten commandments "Thou shalt not commit adultery"

I have followed Joyce Meyer's since she began. If anyone believes in second chances it's her. But for a person who claims to be a Christian and is married and fools around it gives the ministry a bad name. I suppose they think that people would look at that sort of thing and think "If that's Christian behavior I don't want anything to do with Christianity."

I understand that, but CC could not get a divorce, and keep his job.If you get divorced you get fired.From what I have heard they look the other way when men stray.:furious: Now she will forever be linked with a man who murdered his Family.She is not a Church !

If she was divorced herself What a Hippocrite!!!!

Will an IL "Legal Eagle" help me here. I know there is a moratorium for the death penalty in our state for existing convictions.

I was under the understanding that the legal system could still seek the death penalty here in IL, but until the moratorium is lifted by the current governor nothing will happen. If ever a case called for the ultimate punishment, this one would.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me....

You are correct in what you stated above.

Let's see I could totally think of a few things the Coleman's should be scared of at this point...mainly that the public now knows their son killed his WIFE and TWO SMALL CHILDREN in cold blood. Their church will be under some heavy scrutiny for many years to come just by association. I hope they do the right thing and show some respect to Sheri, Gavin, and Garrett. We've yet to hear from them and I too find that a bit odd. Not even a condolence...or maybe they did and I missed it?

Then again..maybe the IRS you never know:)
I believe Rev. and Connie Coleman have done a grave injustice to Sheri's family already. Instead of opening their hearts, they shunned them. Their congregation followed suit, imo.

They did not act as Christians. They acted selfishly and arrogantly, imo. They took Chris in without guiding him to do the right thing. They shielded and protected him knowing he murdered his family.

They owed Sheri and their grandsons. They were in a position where they needed to be respectful of her family to honor Sheri and her boys. They did nothing to that end.

So happy to wake up and realize that the arrest was REAL and not just a good dream! I haven't read through the thread yet, but I just wanted to say that I have a renewed hope for justice!

Fox news local - had video of Coleman being drove to court today.
The crowd outside were yelling at the top of their lungs... Murderer - Child Killer at the cop car he was in when it drove by.

That's the least he deserves. I'm glad we as a society are free to express our outrage about such abhorrent acts. It shows that such crimes not only not will NOT be tolerated but WILL be punished. Don't get me wrong, I'm not of the lynch mob mentality. But, for a guy like this who destroyed three innocent people (his own family), just so he could begin a new life without looking "bad" to his peers, I love that those same peers are letting him know exactly what they think and who he is: A disgusting, hideous baby killer.

So happy to wake up and realize that the arrest was REAL and not just a good dream! I haven't read through the thread yet, but I just wanted to say that I have a renewed hope for justice!
I must say...I slept really great last night knowing he was behind bars and justice is coming. :)

I understand that, but CC could not get a divorce, and keep his job.If you get divorced you get fired.From what I have heard they look the other way when men stray.:furious: Now she will forever be linked with a man who murdered his Family.She is not a Church !

Sorry, but I don't think so. I think even they would have forgiven his adultery if he had of gone to someone and asked for prayer and help overcoming it.

I also don't think he wanted a divorce. He had it made the way things were.

I think this was a rage killing. I think he was a control freak who went into a rage, for some unknown reason, and killed his wife...and then the children.

He is an evil abusive man, who had some problems that had probably been overlooked since he was a child. Like all these murderers of women and children seem to have had.

I put the blame for his actions right at his own feet.

You can do background checks on your employees till you are blue in the face. Unless they have done something before that has gotten them fired or arrested you won't know what lies beneath the surface. JMHO

If she was divorced herself What a Hippocrite!!!!

Lots of us have been divorced but can still serve the Lord. He came for the "sick" the sinners....not the perfect. None of us are perfect.

this is just so terribly sad, I guess the emotions and reality sets in once an arrest is made. So many people would do anything to have the family he had...I'll never understand what people like him want from life.

Prayers for beautiful family and those left behind who loved them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member