The SODDI Defense (Some Other Dude Did It)...If not KC, who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped for brevity - with all due respect I believe that would be a hung jury and she would be retried. she would not walk.
Yep. The way I see it, the defense can knock themselves out to manufacture DOUBT, but they'll only be able to get up to REASONABLE doubt if hell freezes over.

First of all, the State Attorney has the burden of proof....They MUST PROVE "beyond a reasonable doubt" that KC murdered Caylee.

The defense DOES NOT have the burden of proof. They ONLY need to show that the State has NOT met the burden of proof. They can say the pet dogs did it, and if they can get one juror to think that is reasonable, she will be found not guilty. I know this is extreme, but I use this example to make a point.

I started a thread a couple of days ago when Reyes was arrested for attempting to abduct a 4 year-old little girl whose mouth he covered with duct tape. I think the defense could try to connect this case to Caylee as SODDI. They will have to jump through many hoops to say why KC did what she did, didn't do what she should, why she lied etc, etc....but it really only matters that they can establish doubt in the mind of ONE juror.

They could say that KC left Caylee alone in the house asleep to run an errand (maybe she did that often), and she returned to find Caylee dead in the garage lying on a make-shift bed with duct tape over her mouth. KC doesn't know who did this or why. She only knows that the back sliding door was open, and someone had been in the house. She went into panic mode, knowing how CA would react and blame her for leaving Caylee alone.

She wrapped her up in blanket, placed a heart sticker on her mouth, and made a little bed for her in the clean laundry bag, placed her in her trunk and left the house to think of what to do next.

She had plans with Tony, and went ahead with those plans to try to "act normal." All the while she was trying to get ideas for what to do next. She rents the movies, which she either had already seen or knew of the plots with kidnapping of child, setting her plan of cover-up in motion. Meanwhile she blocked her mind by drinking, partying and sexing it up to convince herself that it wasn't real for moments at a time.

Not being a criminal-minded person, she carried the body in her trunk not knowing what to do, until the day that her father almost discovered the body in her trunk. She again went to panic mode and dumped the body. (Could just as easily say that she dumped the body when she ran out of gas looking for a burial site the day that TonE came to bring her gas.)

All of this would just be to create a reasonable doubt in the mind of ONR juror! I don't know if this would work, but I do think the duct tape on the mouth is a strange coincidence. I could make someone consider the defense theory if they can bring in enough experts to dispute to forensics put up by the State.

This is ONLY A THEORY.... I personally believe that KC is guilty based on what I know right now, but if the defense is able to dispute some of the critical evidence and offer another plausible explanation for why the State hasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt their case, I think someone on the jury could be swayed to believe SODDI, maybe! This is only a theory for others to think about. Remember, regardless of what any of us think of the A's and KC and all the lies and deception, the State still has the burden of proof, not the defense.

ETA: The defense does not have to put KC on the stand to use this defense. They just need to offer up the suggestion. They could do that by asking the detectives about other children who were abducted or attempted to be abducted by perp using duct tape. In closing statements they would be able to say what KC's part was in cover up does not make her guilty of murder. She isn't charged with accessory after the fact.

Premise my post by saying I am not an advocate or supporter of Casey's.
Playing devil's advocate and adding to your theory....

http://www.wftv.com/news/19489838/detail.html

The Publix Store where he bought the beer is 3.8 miles from Hopespring Dr.
Driving directions to Hopespring Dr, Orlando, FL 32829
3.8 mi – about 10 mins

Curry Ford Rd & Dean Rd
Orlando, FL 32825

1. Head west on Curry Ford Rd/FL-552 toward S Dean Rd 1.8 mi
2. Turn left at S Chickasaw Trail 1.7 mi
3. Turn left at Suburban Dr 0.1 mi
4. Turn right at Hopespring Dr 0.2 mi

Hopespring Dr
Orlando, FL 32829

Looked him up on white pages:
http://www.whitepages.com/search/Fin...caltime=survey

He lives 3 miles from the Anthony home.

oh my :eek: that guy is that close to the A's :eek:

She wrapped her up in blanket, placed a heart sticker on her mouth, and made a little bed for her in the clean laundry bag, placed her in her trunk and left the house to think of what to do next.

THere is nothing nice or bed like about putting your baby in a laundry bag and then in a garbage bag and in your trunk with other garbage you stole from friends, hoping to steal credit card offers. There is no way the defense is going to admit that KC dumped the body in the woods, if they did that then it is over - because if she is admitting that much is true then the jury will not just believe one act over the other especially when weighing her other many many lies.

The defense DOES NOT have to prove another suspect beyond a reasonable doubt, they only need to offer up other people who had access to Caylee, the Anthony home, KC's car and no solid alibi. They can even suggest several people where NOT fully investigated, they can offer up leads that were never followed. They can explain her lies away with the excuse that it was the fear of a mother who lost sight of her child for a moment and suspected someone close to her was playing a game with her of showing her a lesson.

The defense can do lots to raise doubt.

WARNING the following is purely an attempt to link the murder of caylee and associated evidence to Some Other Dude. as such it is by far and away the most juvenile, fatuous, asinine, disgusting, ridiculous, vacuous piece of nonsense i have ever written and for that i wholeheartedly apologize ... unfortunately that's what happens when you try to tie the evidence to anyone but casey!

caylee was the result of a one night stand between casey and someone on the very periphery of her life; a friend of a friend of a friend if you like. this person is someone she was sexually attracted to but not someone she could manipulate as he was more cunning, calculating and conrolling than she is so there was never a relationship. it was a wham-bam-thank-you-mam and don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out for both of them.
about a year later daddy hears that casey anthony has had a baby, but at the same time he's told that she is marrying the father, jesse grund. daddy has no reason to even think of casey anthony again until at some point in the future something happens perhaps to alter the balance of casey's social world and she somehow falls into his orbit.
maybe the first time daddy saw caylee he noticed that she looked like him, or if not him then his mother/sister/aunt/ who knows, but daddy was curious and asked around, found that jesse was not the father and got caylee's birthdate. a little math later and he's a very suspicious guy indeed.
daddy confronts casey. casey already has one overbearing loon telling her how to raise her child, she doesn't need two, they have a smackdown fight and after he calls her everything he can think of, and a few he made up on the spot, in fury she tells him that caylee is his child but that she'll never admit it to anyone and he'll never get near her. the best he can hope for is to watch her latest lay play daddy with his daughter.
casey has sorely misjudged this individual and has just made the worst mistake of her life.
a few months pass, the fights at home are escalating, casey thinks she's in love but b/c of caylee can't spend time w/ the boy of her dreams and then one night things go a step too far - cindy's yelling that she'll get custody of caylee and throw casey out on the street if she doesn't start acting like a mother, take sole responsibility for caylee every day, have her backside in doors in time to kiss caylee goodnight when and IF she's ever alowed out again. casey says something unimaginable and cindy launches herself across the room and tries to strangle her. casey has never been this furious in her life, she takes caylee, gets in her car and tears away from hopespring. she DESPISES cindy, she'll never, NEVER let her have caylee, she wants to take caylee away from her forever, but she also wants to be left alone to be w/ tony w/o the screaming witch and the little snothead constantly screwing up her entire freakin life ..... and that's when it happens - she thinks of daddy. much as she hates him, and she really does hate him, she hates him less than cindy and she knows that he's her best, last and only hope of freedom.
casey drives to daddy's, but he's not alone and doesn't want his dirty laundry aired in public. he sees the desperation in casey's eyes, seizes his opportunity and tells her he'll come over to her house the next day at (insert best time indicated by pings and computer usage here) but she has to leave now and not make a scene.
nobody ever knew casey was even at the door.
next day at the appointed hour daddy arrives. he tells casey that he needs time to bond w/ his little girl (a phrase later regurgitated by mommy) she's had caylee to herself for three years w/o letting him near and he asks only a fraction of that time from her. he'll take caylee but there will be no interference of any kind from casey and he'll return caylee on her birthday when, if all goes well, they can jointly announce that he is, in fact, the father and he'll from then on share responsibility giving casey some time to herself, but ONLY if she leaves him be to get to know his daughter, otherwise he'll just take her and leave.(perhaps he's not originally from florida or has close family elsewhere) of course he's not an unfeeling monster (?) so if she's worried about how her daughter's coping w/ her new surroundings and experiences she can text, NOT call, he isn't about to start explaining who caylee's mother is to anyone, this is HIS time and in case his texts are read by someone else they have to be ambiguous - just ask a sensible question and if the answer is in the affirmitive it means caylee is happy and everything is going well. like:
Q 'did you see that movie?'
A 'yeah, it was terrific'

Q 'did you find your wallet?'
A 'sure did, always in the last place you look.'

this means all is well. (it also has sod all to so w/ caylee so there's no proof of anything and it'll never be noticed among the thousands of other pointless texts he knows she generates )

daddy hasn't brought any suitcases or even a hold all so casey fetches a couple of trash bags he can use to pack caylee's things and one of her backpacks, then she takes caylee to her own room to explain that she'll be spending a little time w/ this nice man, but it won't be forever and on her birthday she'll have a daddy of her very own.
casey doesn't see that all daddy packs are a blanket and a few toys, a sheet of stickers, some random arts and crafts stuff lying around, just enough to keep a child pacified for a quick car journey, or just to put something in at least one of the bags and puts the other inside too to make it looked more filled out for appearances sake .... or maybe casey does notice that he hasn't taken any clothes and he simply says he'll buy her some from him as a gift. if he's someone she sees as easily able to do that, and judging from a lot of her crowd i imagine having a steady job, nice car, and coming from a good family w/ a little money might be enough to appear affluent to casey.
daddy and caylee leave looking the picture of a happy little family. casey thinks about all the times she's rubbed his nose in who she's sleeping w/, even making sure he knew that caylee was there at the time and suddenly feels surprized at how pleasant he was to her, she thought she'd driven him to distraction and she's only too aware of how bad this guys temper is from the fight they had when she told him he was the father. then casey remembers she's a perfect 10 w/ wit, charm and the sex appeal of helen of troy - he's probably in love w/ her, always was, isn't everyone?
casey breathes a huge sigh of relief and begins fixing her hair for tony, thinking to herself 'i have weeks and weeks where i don't have to worry about caylee, and if i do i can text, cindy will get hers! i'll get tony, isn't life beautiful? hey i like the sound of that .... '
daddy on the other hand was thinking that to have ever fought w/ HIM over seeing caylee (and he wasn't even asking) casey must love her so much that she can't bear even sharing her, and everyone always says what a wonderful mother she is, she must absolutely love the kid. that's what they say anyway - he wouldn't know. it's an emotion he has never and will never feel. he's not built that way. how could anyone w/ so much to loose ever have been stupid enough to treat HIM the way she had? who the hell is that little tramp to think he cared who she slept w/? that was the most insulting infuriating thing of all, her thinking she had the power to hurt HIM, well she was wrong, but HE had the power to hurt her.
within an hour caylee was dead, within 3 her body had been carefully hidden where it would likely never be found. casey would never get her back, never be able to prove he had anything to do w/ it, what could hurt more?
about a week later he realized what would hurt more. taking the bags he'd placed caylee in and putting them round the corner from casey's house he took a tiny piece of putrefying flesh and placed it carefully in a container. daddy went to tony's place, found casey's car (unlocked or he picked it) took out some collapsable bins and put the skin, flies already buzzing around it, in what he thought was a good spot and then put the bins back exactly where they had been. even if casey found it she'd never know what it was, likely think it was a dead animal .... but the cops wouldn't make that mistake.
casey couldn't tell anyone caylee was w/ her father b/c she'd spent over a year making it very clear to anyone who asked that he was dead, so she kept going w/ the nanny story, even when cindy found her and the police demanded the truth b/c she knew that if she kept her mouth shut caylee would be home for her birthday and then EVERYBODY would be SO sorry and never dare doubt her again and cindy would keep her d@mn moth shut and be so happy just to have caylee she'd never get in her way again or she'd just say she'd give her back to daddy!
when caylee didn't reappear for her birthday casey thought it was b/c of the media hype but if she was patient daddy would bring her back, he wouldn't DARE leave her locked up in here, or she'd blow the whistle, he'd loose caylee, and she'd just think of another way to be free. to take caylee like that at the drop of a hat he must be desperate to have his little girl, no he'd never take a chance like that.
when padilla found 'something' in a bag she didn't care b/c she knew caylee was alive, but when the body of a child was found, almost in her back yard, reality came crushing in, she hyperventilated, she could hear herself as if from a distance saying 'this isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real', but she had to make it not real .... so she started talking about football.
when jose got there she finally told him the truth, but the only evidence that she'd had any contact w/ daddy at all was a random text asking 'did you find your golf club.'

i am SO not checking that for typos, lol!

Well dear, you have outdone yourself, and certainly put the sod in SODDI!! Now you need to copyright it so that JB can't co-opt the entire thing and make it into some kind of defense. Something like Casey Anthony and the Half-Blood Prince...

To me, it takes all types to make the world and it would be a boring place if we were all of a like mind. There are those who do take an opposing position, others who have an open mind and it takes a lot to convince them and, still others who look at KC differently than most do -- that she could not do this and it must have been one of her many encounters. It is sorta like politics that there are conservatives and liberals and many blend in their views (like a venn diagram) but there are the extremes on the left and right.

Nothing wrong with that -- makes life interesting.

I think a theory we should consider in SODDI is this recent floating of child molesters and if that is the Defense path, to win the sympathies of folks who fear perps and can see them taking Caylee.

B utthere is no EVIDENCE in that direction. MarkGaregos tried that one and it didn't work. I predict it won't work here either. To believe SODDI, one would have to throw common sense out the window. I know that is what the Anthonys want to happen, but I seriously doubt their wishes willbe granted.

Yep. The way I see it, the defense can knock themselves out to manufacture DOUBT, but they'll only be able to get up to REASONABLE doubt if hell freezes over.

Therein lies the defense's problem.

OK, this may be long, so please bear with me. First, I must state that for myself, I am 100% convinced that LE has the right suspect in custody.

However, I have always been a debater, both for and against things I believe in, and I do have some legal background.

That being said, to even think about the SODDI defense, we'd have to begin by listing the options that the defense has for their client:

1. Someone close to KC, who knows her, who knew baby Caylee, and who had access to the house, to car keys, to KC and to Caylee.

2. A complete stranger, child perp, molestor, or killer, loose in the area.

3. Someone in KC's family.

4. An Aquaintance of KC's - not a close friend, but someone who perhaps became obsessed with her daughter.

For each of these to even be considered as a SODDI defense, we would then have to find:

#1 - Motive
#2 - Opportunity
#3 - Intention
#4 - Some type of evidence in support of that theory
#5 - Witnesses

So, for any of the above theories to hold any water, (am I missing any? I didn't include accidental death that was covered up simply because I think it goes beyond the scope of SODDI.) one would have to look at just the facts, not the opinions, and find a way to argue even in light of the defendant's multiple lies (remember, according to CA lying is not a crime).

I am going to try and put together an argument for each of the 4 theories, and hopefully someone can bang each one down until there's nothing left to grasp onto.

1. Someone close to KC, who knows her, who knew baby Caylee, and who had access to the house, to car keys, to KC and to Caylee.

#1 - Motive
Dated KC, or friends with KC, and is jilted by KC's lies and/or betrayal. Decides to "get even" with KC. As a loving mother, what better way than to take away someone she loves more than anything else in the world? Her baby girl.

#2 - Opportunity
KC is quite lacking in the parental department as far as letting her toddler remain in rooms alone while she entertains herself in another room, or perhaps leaves her in one room while she is in another, on the computer, or on the phone, perhaps taking a shower or even sleeping.

This person knows KC's habits. Knows how she is with her daughter. Waits for the opportunity to pounce, and makes his/her move. Caylee would not be frightened, as she knows this person and does not show any fear.

#3 - Intention
This perp takes the child and commits a horrible crime. Part one of the plan is complete. All that's left is to frame KC for the murder of her child. Knows that KC is not using her car, has the keys to said car, places body in trunk of car. After a few days, perp believes that there is enough evidence in the trunk and removes and disposes of it close to KC's home, so that KC will eventually be arrested and charged with the murder.

#4 - Some type of evidence in support of that theory
KC's "fear" that her daughter was in danger if she went to LE.
The body placed so close to the house (an alibi for KC - like I would murder my daughter and then leave her so close to my own house so that I would be the one suspected of her murder.)
The smell in the trunk (again, an alibi for KC)

#5 - Witnesses
None - well, except for KC.

There is one problem with this scenario that perhaps someone on the defense is ready to explain away - why did KC, who is such a loving mother, not call 911 for 31 days and instead partied on like she had no care in the world?

Could it be that KC knew this "Zanny" had taken her child, but was reassured that no harm would come to the little girl if KC played by the rules?

Did KC honestly believe that noone could hurt her little girl, her baby?

What about the partying? Ugly coping? She did cry softly, according to AL, when she thought noone was watching. Did she simply miss her child and pray that she was alright?

2. A complete stranger, child perp, molestor, or killer, loose in the area.

I really did try to come up with a theory based on this hypothetical situation. The problem I have with the stranger is that KC did not call 911, did not act like a grieving mother whose child could be in danger, and actually, she made up a story about a nanny instead of telling the truth that a stranger took her daughter.

Sorry, I cannot come up with ANYTHING that would make this theory believable - other than KC set her daughter up to be kidnapped by a stranger by leaving her unattended in "hopes" that someone would snatch her. But if this was the case, KC would NEVER have brought the nanny into play. And as far as KC's fear that her mother would see her as a bad mother for losing her daughter, there is no WAY this would trump her fear of someone hurting her firstborn child.

To accept this theory wouldn't you have to also be saying that KC loves the other person MORE than she loves her own daughter? Just saying.........most would have trouble buying that premise.

Actually the thought that Casey loves anyone more than herself is the fatal flaw in any theory that has Casey involved in covering up for someone else. Casey only cares about Casey. If there was someone she could roll over on she would do it in a heartbeat. There's no way she would cause herself one minute of even mild discomfort on someone else's behalf.

So any SODDI theory really has to have no involvement by Casey.

@Eddy

No typos Dear. I checked for you. :blowkiss:

I lurves your brain.

WARNING the following is purely an attempt to link the murder of caylee and associated evidence to Some Other Dude. as such it is by far and away the most juvenile, fatuous, asinine, disgusting, ridiculous, vacuous piece of nonsense i have ever written and for that i wholeheartedly apologize ... unfortunately that's what happens when you try to tie the evidence to anyone but casey!

caylee was the result of a one night stand between casey and someone on the very periphery of her life; a friend of a friend of a friend if you like. this person is someone she was sexually attracted to but not someone she could manipulate as he was more cunning, calculating and conrolling than she is so there was never a relationship. it was a wham-bam-thank-you-mam and don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out for both of them.
about a year later daddy hears that casey anthony has had a baby, but at the same time he's told that she is marrying the father, jesse grund. daddy has no reason to even think of casey anthony again until at some point in the future something happens perhaps to alter the balance of casey's social world and she somehow falls into his orbit.
maybe the first time daddy saw caylee he noticed that she looked like him, or if not him then his mother/sister/aunt/ who knows, but daddy was curious and asked around, found that jesse was not the father and got caylee's birthdate. a little math later and he's a very suspicious guy indeed.
daddy confronts casey. casey already has one overbearing loon telling her how to raise her child, she doesn't need two, they have a smackdown fight and after he calls her everything he can think of, and a few he made up on the spot, in fury she tells him that caylee is his child but that she'll never admit it to anyone and he'll never get near her. the best he can hope for is to watch her latest lay play daddy with his daughter.
casey has sorely misjudged this individual and has just made the worst mistake of her life.
a few months pass, the fights at home are escalating, casey thinks she's in love but b/c of caylee can't spend time w/ the boy of her dreams and then one night things go a step too far - cindy's yelling that she'll get custody of caylee and throw casey out on the street if she doesn't start acting like a mother, take sole responsibility for caylee every day, have her backside in doors in time to kiss caylee goodnight when and IF she's ever alowed out again. casey says something unimaginable and cindy launches herself across the room and tries to strangle her. casey has never been this furious in her life, she takes caylee, gets in her car and tears away from hopespring. she DESPISES cindy, she'll never, NEVER let her have caylee, she wants to take caylee away from her forever, but she also wants to be left alone to be w/ tony w/o the screaming witch and the little snothead constantly screwing up her entire freakin life ..... and that's when it happens - she thinks of daddy. much as she hates him, and she really does hate him, she hates him less than cindy and she knows that he's her best, last and only hope of freedom.
casey drives to daddy's, but he's not alone and doesn't want his dirty laundry aired in public. he sees the desperation in casey's eyes, seizes his opportunity and tells her he'll come over to her house the next day at (insert best time indicated by pings and computer usage here) but she has to leave now and not make a scene.
nobody ever knew casey was even at the door.
next day at the appointed hour daddy arrives. he tells casey that he needs time to bond w/ his little girl (a phrase later regurgitated by mommy) she's had caylee to herself for three years w/o letting him near and he asks only a fraction of that time from her. he'll take caylee but there will be no interference of any kind from casey and he'll return caylee on her birthday when, if all goes well, they can jointly announce that he is, in fact, the father and he'll from then on share responsibility giving casey some time to herself, but ONLY if she leaves him be to get to know his daughter, otherwise he'll just take her and leave.(perhaps he's not originally from florida or has close family elsewhere) of course he's not an unfeeling monster (?) so if she's worried about how her daughter's coping w/ her new surroundings and experiences she can text, NOT call, he isn't about to start explaining who caylee's mother is to anyone, this is HIS time and in case his texts are read by someone else they have to be ambiguous - just ask a sensible question and if the answer is in the affirmitive it means caylee is happy and everything is going well. like:
Q 'did you see that movie?'
A 'yeah, it was terrific'

Q 'did you find your wallet?'
A 'sure did, always in the last place you look.'

this means all is well. (it also has sod all to so w/ caylee so there's no proof of anything and it'll never be noticed among the thousands of other pointless texts he knows she generates )

daddy hasn't brought any suitcases or even a hold all so casey fetches a couple of trash bags he can use to pack caylee's things and one of her backpacks, then she takes caylee to her own room to explain that she'll be spending a little time w/ this nice man, but it won't be forever and on her birthday she'll have a daddy of her very own.
casey doesn't see that all daddy packs are a blanket and a few toys, a sheet of stickers, some random arts and crafts stuff lying around, just enough to keep a child pacified for a quick car journey, or just to put something in at least one of the bags and puts the other inside too to make it looked more filled out for appearances sake .... or maybe casey does notice that he hasn't taken any clothes and he simply says he'll buy her some from him as a gift. if he's someone she sees as easily able to do that, and judging from a lot of her crowd i imagine having a steady job, nice car, and coming from a good family w/ a little money might be enough to appear affluent to casey.
daddy and caylee leave looking the picture of a happy little family. casey thinks about all the times she's rubbed his nose in who she's sleeping w/, even making sure he knew that caylee was there at the time and suddenly feels surprized at how pleasant he was to her, she thought she'd driven him to distraction and she's only too aware of how bad this guys temper is from the fight they had when she told him he was the father. then casey remembers she's a perfect 10 w/ wit, charm and the sex appeal of helen of troy - he's probably in love w/ her, always was, isn't everyone?
casey breathes a huge sigh of relief and begins fixing her hair for tony, thinking to herself 'i have weeks and weeks where i don't have to worry about caylee, and if i do i can text, cindy will get hers! i'll get tony, isn't life beautiful? hey i like the sound of that .... '
daddy on the other hand was thinking that to have ever fought w/ HIM over seeing caylee (and he wasn't even asking) casey must love her so much that she can't bear even sharing her, and everyone always says what a wonderful mother she is, she must absolutely love the kid. that's what they say anyway - he wouldn't know. it's an emotion he has never and will never feel. he's not built that way. how could anyone w/ so much to loose ever have been stupid enough to treat HIM the way she had? who the hell is that little tramp to think he cared who she slept w/? that was the most insulting infuriating thing of all, her thinking she had the power to hurt HIM, well she was wrong, but HE had the power to hurt her.
within an hour caylee was dead, within 3 her body had been carefully hidden where it would likely never be found. casey would never get her back, never be able to prove he had anything to do w/ it, what could hurt more?
about a week later he realized what would hurt more. taking the bags he'd placed caylee in and putting them round the corner from casey's house he took a tiny piece of putrefying flesh and placed it carefully in a container. daddy went to tony's place, found casey's car (unlocked or he picked it) took out some collapsable bins and put the skin, flies already buzzing around it, in what he thought was a good spot and then put the bins back exactly where they had been. even if casey found it she'd never know what it was, likely think it was a dead animal .... but the cops wouldn't make that mistake.
casey couldn't tell anyone caylee was w/ her father b/c she'd spent over a year making it very clear to anyone who asked that he was dead, so she kept going w/ the nanny story, even when cindy found her and the police demanded the truth b/c she knew that if she kept her mouth shut caylee would be home for her birthday and then EVERYBODY would be SO sorry and never dare doubt her again and cindy would keep her d@mn moth shut and be so happy just to have caylee she'd never get in her way again or she'd just say she'd give her back to daddy!
when caylee didn't reappear for her birthday casey thought it was b/c of the media hype but if she was patient daddy would bring her back, he wouldn't DARE leave her locked up in here, or she'd blow the whistle, he'd loose caylee, and she'd just think of another way to be free. to take caylee like that at the drop of a hat he must be desperate to have his little girl, no he'd never take a chance like that.
when padilla found 'something' in a bag she didn't care b/c she knew caylee was alive, but when the body of a child was found, almost in her back yard, reality came crushing in, she hyperventilated, she could hear herself as if from a distance saying 'this isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real', but she had to make it not real .... so she started talking about football.
when jose got there she finally told him the truth, but the only evidence that she'd had any contact w/ daddy at all was a random text asking 'did you find your golf club.'

i am SO not checking that for typos, lol!

This is by far, the only SODDI defense that even seems reasonable and actually believable. I am going to try and pick it apart, as I've printed it out to make notes on it, but have to say, this is good.

All I can say about what I have read is that one or more of these SODDI scenarios will be seen on a tv series in the fall.

Premise my post by saying I am not an advocate or supporter of Casey's.
Playing devil's advocate and adding to your theory....

http://www.wftv.com/news/19489838/detail.html

The Publix Store where he bought the beer is 3.8 miles from Hopespring Dr.
Driving directions to Hopespring Dr, Orlando, FL 32829
3.8 mi – about 10 mins

Curry Ford Rd & Dean Rd
Orlando, FL 32825

1. Head west on Curry Ford Rd/FL-552 toward S Dean Rd 1.8 mi
2. Turn left at S Chickasaw Trail 1.7 mi
3. Turn left at Suburban Dr 0.1 mi
4. Turn right at Hopespring Dr 0.2 mi

Hopespring Dr
Orlando, FL 32829

Looked him up on white pages:
http://www.whitepages.com/search/Fin...caltime=survey

He lives 3 miles from the Anthony home.

This man clearly could be a viable suspect depending upon his whereabouts at the time of Caylee's disappearance:

1. Duct tape on the mouth and arms and legs of a 4 year old.
2. Getting the child's shorts out, placing a pair of women's shoes next to the child.
3. Makeshift bed for the child in the garage - would love to know exactly what that consisted of! Could it have been a fabric handled laundry hamper and child's blanket?
4. Lives 3 miles from the Anthony home.
5. Annie Downing, in her deposition, said that Casey was afraid of being close to her bedroom window and didn't want Annie to be close to the window either on the sleepover when Casey was out on bail. This perp is known for peeping in windows.
6. Great deal of police interest in Casey's shoes following discovery of Caylee's body. Were a pair of women's shoes with Caylee? This perp has an interest in small female children and women's shoes.
7. Casey told her friends that someone was tampering with her car. She kept running out of gas - thought the gas gauge might be broken - might someone have been siphoning her gas to control her or put her into rescue type situations? She had two flat tires in one night in May - no clear explanation. Then her daughter disappears in June. Could this be used as evidence of stalking?
8. This guy had access to his victim's house - a great deal of access, apparently and collected up specific items for his sick fantasy.
9. Pedophiles have been known to use chloroform to subdue their victims.

And if you think about it, Tim Miller told everyone where Caylee would be found in a parental murder on national TV - within a few miles of home. If a pedophile did take Caylee, I'm sure he'd be watching the TV coverage to stroke his ego on what he had done and it would only make sense to dispose of the child's body in a way that would implicate the mother since she is the suspect AND he knows the area. If this guy was in Orlando and can't exactly account for his whereabouts in the time period Caylee disappeared I could see how the defense could use this perp to create reasonable doubt.

Honestly, as little sense as Casey and her family have made during this whole thing, if I were police, I would check this guy out in great detail regarding Caylee so that he could be ruled out as a viable suspect and not used by defense to create reasonable doubt. And if he can't be ruled out...well then, that's a whole other story.

Although the evidence we have seen so far really makes Casey look guilty, I keep reminding myself that there is a reason for that and that is because it is the prosecution's case and therefore, it is specifically aimed at pointing towards Casey's guilt. Any evidence that would point away from Casey's guilt would be discarded by the prosecution as a matter of constructing as strong a case against her as possible. I also recognize that the case is entirely circumstantial at this point. There is still no direct evidence. I do believe in innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. As tough as it is to remain neutral and impartial about this very emotional case, I am doing so.

OMG eddeva--------you go girl. Whew. You really had me goin there! LOL Gotta lub it. Are you an Author?

Who had the most to gain (in their own little twisted mind) to get rid of Caylee? Stranger abduction highly unlikely. Someone wanted to set Casey up, why? I can't buy the SODDI defense.

Then, there's that stinky trunk with the decomposing DNA in it. Of course, the 31 days. The constantly changing stories re: Zanny and Sam, and whether they took Caylee from he Sawgrass to the park. KC and the family's inability to poroduce ONE past or present addy, phone number, text, or communication of any sort, past or present from Zanny.....And, that's just off the top of my head.

Personally feel JB will take his defense bus down to the house made of smoke and mirrors on Hopespring Dr, fill three seats with the dude(s) and dudette, head for the courthouse and toss them to the curb. Last one standing is the DWDI (dude or dudette who did it).

There is far too much forensic and personal evidence which goes back to the Hopespring residents. All four of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288