GUILTY NM - Albuquerque, UID child buried at playground, May'09 - Tyruss Toribio

I have a question maybe one of you an answer... NM just repealed the death penalty in March. The law goes in effect July 1st, 2009. Will this be a possibility for her, since the crime was commited before that date or would she have to go to trial and be convicted before July 1st to be able to receive the death penalty? TIA

I am so disturbed by this :( So sad that she killed him, brought him back, then killed again. BTK did this too....:(

Just when you think you can't be disgusted and angered beyond belief....this happens. Bless this child's life, and I just don't have words for the evil monster that was his mother. WHY couldn't she just have given him to someone who wanted him??? There are a lot of people who would have loved him..... So, So, SAD!!!!

Another one of those, "how could this happen "tragedies" that make one ill.

They arrested Tiffany Toribio at 4.a.m
http://www.koat.com/news/19524536/detail.html

from your link:

But perhaps the most disturbing part of this story, Schultz said, is the answer Toribio gave for why she killed her son.

"Tiffany said that she did not want him to grow up with no one caring about him, the same way that she had grown up with nobody caring about her."

Are you effing kidding me!!!:furious::furious: They think THAT'S the most disturbing part of this story????!!!:furious::furious:

Unbelievable!! NO, the most disturbing part is that she KILLED him TWICE!! Can you even begin to imagine the fear of this child after he was brought back to life and then suffocated AGAIN!!:furious:

Her statement wreaks of self pity for herself. Boo hoo, nobody ever cared about ME, boo hoo!

Someone needs to.....I hope she is............I'm just going to leave now before I get banned.

Rest in the arms of God, Tyruss. You are now loved and cherished the way you deserve. I am so very sorry so many people failed to protect you.

May 17th was her last login...her mood was "Happy" She killed him on May 13th, three days after "Mothers Day."

I thought she was a transient, how and where did she gain access to a computer!? :furious::furious:

I have a question maybe one of you an answer... NM just repealed the death penalty in March. The law goes in effect July 1st, 2009. Will this be a possibility for her, since the crime was commited before that date or would she have to go to trial and be convicted before July 1st to be able to receive the death penalty? TIA

I don't know the answer, charge them all, but I PRAY to God it is yes!!:furious::furious:

This child was failed by so many people in his short, sweet life. :furious::furious::furious: My emotions have been all over the place today, from unbelievably sad to so freakin' angry that I've stayed away from this thread for fear of what I would say.

Why, oh why did someone not step in and help this child?

When, when are we going to begin to take a proactive role in the lives of the children in the "village" around us?

Please, please...let this sad, incredibly tragic story teach someone, somewhere a lesson that saves the life of the next innocent angel.

RIP sweet TY, the world is a bit darker without you, but the heavens are shining brighter with your light !

I thought she was a transient, how and where did she gain access to a computer!? :furious::furious:

Maybe she used a friends, the way I understand it is that her mother had kicked her out so she was staying from one friends to another's. Maybe whoever she was staying with on the 17th has a computer. I just find it appalling that she could kill her son then check her myspace.:eek:
Why won't these mothers listen? Why if they have no bond with their child, feel that they want to kill their child, have no home, no income, no family that gives a rats arse...why don't they just drop the child off at the police station, fire department or CPS? Are they afraid doing this would make the "look bad?" I mean really...it's a better look than being a murderer! At the very least, turning the child over voluntarily would give the impression of a relatively responsible and caring mother, wouldn't you think.

i am so very sad for this little boy......

She murdered him twice! She should be charged twice! Bringing him back & then killing him again! How horrendously cruel!!!

Well I guess that answered my question :mad:.

Bernalillo County District Attorney Kari Brandenburg said no circumstances would qualify Toribio for the death penalty. She said the state's current law allows the death penalty in limited circumstances such as cases of murdering a police officer or murder for hire.

The state had repealed that law for crimes committed as of July 1, replacing the death penalty with a life sentence without possibility of parole.

The district attorney's office also was evaluating whether other people could be charged for failing to report suspected child abuse.

Brandenburg said people have a duty to report suspected child abuse, although she acknowledged it was "a real gray area" and that no decision had been made.

did not see anything about this, please move if a thread already exists.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090521/ap_on_re_us/us_playground_body_7

"albuquerque, n.m. – police said thursday that the mother of a 3-year-old boy found buried at a playground told investigators she suffocated him, had second thoughts and resuscitated him, then changed her mind and suffocated him again. police chief ray schultz said tiffany toribio, 23, told officers that she and her son, tyruss "ty" toribio, were in alvarado park before dawn on may 13 and that she suffocated him while he was asleep...."

what a horrible end for this sweet child. This animal needs to spend the rest of her life in a cage!

oh. My. God. :(

Ok, so people kick her out because of how she treats her son, yet they do nothing to help the child? They weren't too concerned about him when they let him go with the monster!
[my bold]

There are not enough :censored:ing 4 letter words to describe these :censored:ing :censored: They should be :censored:ing put in :behindbar for not reporting her. What's New Mexico's reporting laws for child abuse?

I'm about ready to sell my soul to Satan just for the opportunity to meet some on these :censored:ing idiots at Hell's door and beat the :censored: out of them.

Well said, Capoly.

I would like to believe that NM has a negligent homicide charge like their kind of neighbors in Nevada. I would think that this would handily fit the two of them, at least for starters and even if they plead it down.

I have given it some thought and may be wrong (because I often am) but the smothering and reviving and then the smothering again shows a deeper component of cruelty than just smothering him. KWIM?

Her story of she didn't want him to grow up like she did, with no one caring, doesn't float. That's an excuse to elicit sympathy for herself. Oh poor me, I had to do this to save him.

If that were in fact a reason for murdering him, we wouldn't see his torture of being suffocated twice (or more). We really don't know what she did to him if she is willing to admit to that.

As for the witnesses that saw her mistreat Ty and did nothing to aid him. I have very little sympathy if any. I hope that their conscious speaks to them for the rest of their days.

Angel Ty
ty_toribio.jpg
Rest in peace, little angel Tyrus.

:blowkiss:

This is absolutely unthinkable, and so sad.

There are just some people who shouldn't be mothers/parents.

Rest in Peace Ty. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back