Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt7

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, haven't been able to keep up with all the posts but while watching NG last night....I just have to say that I believe he intended to only kill his wife, and did kill her first. Then he did the spray paint thing all over the house. I don't believe he intended to kill his children, but probably one of them or both, heard the noise or saw him spray painting all that vile stuff, and then he realized he would have to kill them too because they saw what he did.

Just had to get that off my chest, for what it's worth.

I realize this post may not be approved by moderators, but felt I needed to say what I've said. I have not posted for a few days and doubt I will again on this case. I apologoze if anyone takes offense - it's actually not meant to be mean.[/QUOTE]

Don't leave just because of one poster. You don't have to respond to their baiting. Just ignore them and stick around.

since rigor had already set in on Sheri, that would have taken more than 2-4 hours so I think he killed her alot earlier than 3-5 am. As I posted before, I think maybe the boys were killed later, since there has been no mention of rigor of their bodies.

I thought about the receipts...would be helpful if we knew how many he had (to establish he had a habit of saving them).

The receipt for the spray paint was what - 9 months old? And from 2008. If it was a business-related expense, he missed out on being reimburned if he didn't turn it in...or if for tax purposes, why not keep in a folder or box with other income tax-related receipts? Maybe he just never got around to putting this receipt away, or turning it in to JMM?

I clean out my receipts that end up in my purse & wallet periodically...but more often than every 9 months.

How about everyone else?

I clean mine out of my handbag/tote weekly but they go to the desk - I have an organizer/drawer thing and all receipts go to one of those drawers. In Dec or Jan I go through them all for taxes. Normally otherwise not touched, unless there is a need for need for one for some return. DH cleans his out every couple weeks when he files expense reports for work. The work ones go with expense report, the others go in the drawers on my desk.

Hmmm...I think I will get my certification online as a preacher and name WS as my "religion". ;) At least I could write off my expenses for the computer and other sundry things like coca-cola, ciggies, and other supplies. LOL

You have to file other paperwork with your county/state/irs to be able to do all that. But the ordination is the first step, but ordination in and of itself doesn't bestow these government blessings. ;o) Ironically, I am working on some of this now for an organization. I don't necessarily agree it is right (government funding of religion) but, have finally been persuaded that if others do it, we should too, or something like that. LOL

I don't get it, leaving the receipt and gloves in the house is such an obvious mistake. Does anybody think maybe he was high on drugs when he did this? I hadn't heard of LE doing any sort of alcohol or drug test on him when they first met up with him and found the bodies.

What if? What if, CC really didn't think he would get caught at all? What if he got away with this and the MCS never found any evidence against him? What if he took what he could, got money for the insurance on his family, sold the house and all of his family's belongings and moved down to florida with his mistress. He had secondary accounts, credit cards and even pre-paid phones to stay "off" of the radar. What if, he was such an animal that he wanted to keep the receipt as a way of reminding him what he did, not like as a bad thing, but what obstacle he overcame to be where he was now and what he could do again and get away clean, if needed? I don't know anyone who keeps receipts at all and I throw mine out right after getting them. So, there had to be a reason why he kept it.

True....but like it or not, JM and the ministry have become part of this case. She showed up at the crime scene. Her equipment was seized by LE. She owned the property where Chris was carrying on with Miss Motive. The threats were supposed to be towards her in the letters and in the crime scene. Her boarding pass showed up on his desk at the crime scene. JM and JMM are woven throughout his story and it raises some definite issues here, imo.

You are correct but she was brought into this by Chris Coleman's deceit, his planning, and his behavior. Not because she did anything wrong. If there is proof that Joyce Myers did anything wrong then I'll join the band wagon of bashing her and her ministry. But right now all I see is that she was used by someone that she has known from childhood and that worked for her. He used her to carry out his evil plot. I see her as one of Chris Coleman's victim's too. Luckily she got to live.

It is interesting that CC kept the receipt for as long as he did. I also think it's one of those "things" that only CC knows the reason why and it may never make any sense to us. No matter the argument his lawyers will ~try~ to present. It will be weak at best, imho.

As far as all the other financial stuff goes, I believe that LE/MCS had already done much of that homework before CC was arrested for triple murder. It helped aid/build part of their case. IMHO, CC had only tunnel vision and that was one for only himself. To be that absorbed regarding his wants, needs, "loss", and justification for all *he chose* to do is a person who does not function on a healthy human level. CC is not, in any way, mentally ill. He is walking s.o.b. who has only cared for himself. Sadly, many walk among us. How scary is that???

there's only one reason I can think of....he's dumber than a post.

I don't think CC is that dumb. He just got sloppy because of a time frame he had not planned on. Besides, I think CC has always thought he was smarter than many. That's the arrogance of self importance, imho.

I don't think CC is that dumb. He just got sloppy because of a time frame he had not planned on. Besides, I think CC has always thought he was smarter than many. That's the arrogance of self importance, imho.

I agree. I don't think he is stupid. I believe most murderers think they are covering their tracks well but they always miss something. He missed a lot but I like to think God may have helped a little in his getting caught. Or some may say Karma. Whatever, I'm glad he made so many mistakes and was caught so fast.

I agree. I don't think he is stupid. I believe most murderers think they are covering their tracks well but they always miss something. He missed a lot but I like to think God may have helped a little in his getting caught. Or some may say Karma. Whatever, I'm glad he made so many mistakes and was caught so fast.

And I still believe that CC thought he has set this up with the Columbia PD by giving/reporting the alleged threats. I think he really didn't think of or plan on the MCS getting involved, but, thought he could put this all by the Columbia PD, who probably are good cops, just don't have much experience with major crimes.

Hmmm...I think I will get my certification online as a preacher and name WS as my "religion". ;) At least I could write off my expenses for the computer and other sundry things like coca-cola, ciggies, and other supplies. LOL

:eek: you smoke? :eek:

I don't get it, leaving the receipt and gloves in the house is such an obvious mistake. Does anybody think maybe he was high on drugs when he did this? I hadn't heard of LE doing any sort of alcohol or drug test on him when they first met up with him and found the bodies.

In the SW I noticed there was an energy drink on one of the tables in the master bedroom.

I don't know why this is about Joyce Myers. If someone that works for me comits a crime. I don't think that makes me responsible. If one of my friends comits a crime, I don't think that makes me responsible. She is not in the media saying he is innocent. Why is this about her ministry? It appears that CC is a killer who happened to work for Joyce Myers. Maybe they were even family friends. Maybe she should have seen what he was but it appears Chris Coleman apparently fooled a lot of people. Including the wife and children that loved him. I just hate to see people blamed other than the killer. It's no one's fault but Chris Coleman's. He made his choices! JMO

Interesting that you bring this up. I was wondering the other day why it is that we all try to find excuses for these people. Is it because most of us realize that no one is perfect and that we all walk around in suits of flesh..none of us is "God"?? We have been taught to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, forgive..ect.

I am beginning to believe, the more of these murders I see, that some folks are just plain EVIL. Life is all about choices. CC could have chosen to simply get a divorce. The EVIL in him allowed him to make a choice most of us would ever make.

The book "People of the Lie" by M.Scott Peck, MD is really informative when trying to understand why terrible things happen to good people.

Bottom line, IMO, this is CCs fault. No one but him caused this tragedy. When presented with a choice to make HE chose the wrong one because of his basically evil nature. I hope he lives the rest of his life with the faces of Sheri and his sons, in his mind,tormenting him.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member