2009.05.28 Motions Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - Ashton has not impressed me much - he and JB have gotten into little pizzing contests the last couple of times and it makes him look immature, imo.

I've heard great things about LDB regarding her professionalism and record from friends in that area who know the legal community. She is also very firm and businesslike without being cold (which LKB seems to be). I'm hoping they will keep Ashton on the forensics portion of the trial, maybe cross for certain witnesses and give the opening and closing arguments or handling the more sensitive witnesses to Linda. And I hope she cements each one with that picture she's used before of LE on their hands and knees looking for poor little Caylee's scattered bones while the defense was eating crab puffs and talking media deals. She will drive it home that since everyone else seems to be in it for themselves or have an ulterior motive, it is absolutely essential the the jury represent and seek justice for Caylee so she is not foresaken by the defense circus.

While I do agree with you about Ashton's laughing and grinning is not the proper way for a prosecutor to behave, I do still recall at an earlier hearing, (perhaps it was the bond hearing, can't remember, there's been so many hearings. :rolleyes: ), that Ashton is a very emotional speaker, who seems to be able to "touch" the common folk, and I think he will be an asset to the prosecutions side. He just needs to get his emotions a bit more under control. JMO

JMO ~
What you see is what you get....

just K C / KC / KC & more KC ! ! !

makes
me sad & makes me :furious::furious::furious:

JMO
God Bless !
jjgram

**** Cares more about adjusting her hair to the right position...
cares more about t r y i n g to adjust her blouse
( & that won't happen!)

cares more about JB than the TRUTH about what happened
to Little Angel CAYLEE ! ! !

disgusting :eek::eek::eek: :furious:

JMO

Hearing4.jpg

jmo

makes no sense
:furious::furious::furious:

jjjgram

Maybe JB's daughter is sending KC her hand me downs? :redface:

What was with the bright green hanky in JB's pocket? He's wearing much nicer suits than he did 9 mos ago, but he tosses in a green hanky that throws the whole look off? Is he doing it on purpose, some sort of a visual distraction?

KC is wearing a blouse that she never would have touched in her past life, can't they give her a simple pull over anything that fits better and isn't so obviously not out of KC's closet? Obviously don't drape her in a flag but she must own something that would be court appropriate.

Respectfully snipped and highlighted by me:

I cannot bring myself to ever find pity for this person who murdered her daughter and went on as though nothing had happened. A 2 year old baby girl - more beautiful than one can imagine.

I have no pity for her murderer, I don't care what she wears, how she looks... I see a mother who let her daughter die in one way or another - who had NO COMPASSION for her, no worry, no sadness.

I understand your response, but please note that I said I would feel pity for KC if I didn't know what she was really like.

I actually find it very disturbing that jurors are swayed by a defendant's look - and that the evidence alone doesn't always speak for the crime that was committed.

Bear with me for a moment while I awkwardly state the obvious :blowkiss: : Human beings rely on their sense of sight every waking moment of their lives; it is a highly-developed natural instinct on which we've learned to depend for our safe navigation through life. More to the point here, our emotions are closely, and automatically, linked to what we see. Think of a beautiful sunset.... Now, look at your own words above which I've highlighted in red...."A 2 year old baby girl - more beautiful than one can imagine."

Does KC's crime seem somehow more heinous because Caylee truly was "more beautiful than one can imagine?"

It scares me that this is our country's justice system - that courtroom antics such as the one yesterday are allowed to go on - is anything taken seriously anymore?

I really cannot fathom this happening in England, where the system seems much more formal and respectful, and more concerned with the facts than how the parties are dressed.

ITA.

Well I for one was certainly not impressed with the dressings of any of them from the defense table.

That said, we all expected LKB to attempt to change KC's image. Perhaps she purchased the blouse or CA did. Don't care. Because all the photos of KC pre June 08 and post June 08 until Oct 08 will not change who KC is.

Once the jury views all the photos, courtesy of KC herself and former friends, no amount of makeup or wardrobe changes will help her appear to be the innocent victim of the SODDI theory.

I think this effort to change KC's appearance, if such an effort is being made, could blow up in the defense's face. If I were a jurror, I'd see how happy and trim she looked while her baby was missing and she was pole-dancing, and I'd conclude that her only reason for looking bad now is that she's been locked up and doesn't like it. IOW, she's totally self-absorbed.

I think this effort to change KC's appearance, if such an effort is being made, could blow up in the defense's face. If I were a jurror, I'd see how happy and trim she looked while her baby was missing and she was pole-dancing, and I'd conclude that her only reason for looking bad now is that she's been locked up and doesn't like it. IOW, she's totally self-absorbed.

Exactly ... the defense is counting on the jury not being real smart in this regard. "Huge mistake" kc, huge to misjudge the citizens of Florida and NO, pre-trial publicity has nothing to do with how she looks and will be perceived. All her vanity photos will.

I don't know if this was answered previously, early on Jesse was said to be cleared including having taken a poly, but I remember when Jesse came back from GA he submitted to a poly (again? IDK) He left the poly after objecting to some of the questions made him feel like a suspect thanks to CA. He did go in and talk with the LEO's which was released in doc drop Apr/May, including discussing why he walked out on the LDT.

I feel bad for Jesse, KC/CA has tried her best to set him up, but LE has said point blank he was not a suspect. This will be smoke and mirrors from the defense.

Defense is not allowed access to a polygraph unless both prosecution and defense agree to admit it into testimony. If Baez wants to use it, he'll have to pay for Jesse to take another one (which Jesse is not obligated to do.

Polygraphs are useless, but still imposed. A good defense attorney will remind the Court that they were abolished as useful along with Rorsach. (sp?) JB's antics have been intentional. He knows he is not qualified, he has gotten what he wants. He mis-represents issues for his new "community". Hence, the complaints about all that JB asked for, bet ya'!

He has been putting on a show to move wherever. He knew this case was not his. He is a money taker. He is a "bad lawyer" but there are plenty more. He just did it world wide. And his "new community" will not be able to recognize that.

KC will have the fairest of fair trials. There are too many top people. Yes, appeals will happen as they always do, it is the way of the legal land. This will go on for years. Do not fret, the final judgement in this lower Court will be enough. I am certain the Florida State Attorney's Office had enough to up it to DP. (Remember JB asked for murder discovery before KC was charged with murder? I sure do. Not okay.)

I interpret from the look on the new DP attorney's face to be.......what have I gotten myself into??? Maybe she is testing the water today and that's why JB failed to submit proper paperwork in advance. Then he'll whine that she is unable to perform as previously thought and they need MORE TIME. She really looks dumbstruck!! KC is probably hearing every other attorney using proper legal terminology and reference appropriate actions and realizing that JB isn't even in the same pond.

Unless she was living on the moon she had to have a clue what was going on in Judge S's courtroom. Maybe she didn't believe it was this bad, but she had to know something.... :crazy: :runaway:

JB probably told KC the other atty's are speaking 'legalese' to confuse the issues and show off, he's speaking in plain English so she understands what is going on! Unfortunately I think JB gets confused by it too. :rolleyes:

I just wonder how much more of JB's antics Judge S is going to put up with, he has been more than patient. :gavel:

Every hearing JB has dug the hole a little deeper and Judge S is not going to be pushed much further before he pushes back and buries him in it. Then JB (through his publicist) will issue a statement that claims JB is being discriminated against for being the 1st Hispanic atty to try such a high profile case. :boohoo: :boohoo: :ashamed0005: I'm embarrassed for him every time he goes into the courthouse...

Camera on George, he and Cndy must be so proud of their daughter who is willing to throw any one of her friends under the bus, for a crime they dd not commit.

Geo has stated more than once on national tv that any father would be proud of KC! :wink: :bang:

Her behavior appears to be something she learned from one or both of her parents. I can't believe this is the first time they have witnessed KC in this mode. :loser:

Sadly them allowing KC to get away with it is what brought them to where they are today and they have to live with this the rest of their life. :cry:

I watched the hearing this morning. I couldn't help but notice how KC didn't even acknowledge her parents. You could see the hurt on their faces that she ignored them. They have gone on national tv and throw out their support. Not that she didn't kill Caylee but they will stay behind her and give her support. I think that most parents would do that. I get the impression that they are questioning her involvement and all the evidence. KC acted nervous in this video. I don't know how many times that she messed with her hair, I found that odd and on the other side of that she acted like this was giving her celbrity status. Strange.

I also don't understand why they don't go to the jail and see their daughter. Who cares whether it is taped. I wouldn't care if I want to see my daughter. I would guess that KC can't face them. She knows what she did and and just can't face them or JB is not allowing it. I would ask who is he to tell me whether I can see my daughter or not. IMO

I watched the hearing this morning. I couldn't help but notice how KC didn't even acknowledge her parents. You could see the hurt on their faces that she ignored them. They have gone on national tv and throw out their support. Not that she didn't kill Caylee but they will stay behind her and give her support. I think that most parents would do that. I get the impression that they are questioning her involvement and all the evidence. KC acted nervous in this video. I don't know how many times that she messed with her hair, I found that odd and on the other side of that she acted like this was giving her celbrity status. Strange.

I also don't understand why they don't go to the jail and see their daughter. Who cares whether it is taped. I wouldn't care if I want to see my daughter. I would guess that KC can't face them. She knows what she did and and just can't face them or JB is not allowing it. I would ask who is he to tell me whether I can see my daughter or not. IMO
I believe it was Baez who claimed that every visit with Casey appeared on the nightly news. Apparently he doesn't know anything because the last visit was in August and it did not appear in public for MONTHS. Everything that Baez says can be proven wrong by anyone with any knowledge of this case. I am thinking that Casey is refusing any visits just to punish her parents for "forcing" her to commit this crime by their poor parenting. She is not being punished by no visits by them. She still gets her visits from Baez and we don't know what is going on with those. More than strategy meetings for sure. Have LKB or AL visited the perp yet?

Respectfully snipped and highlighted by me:

I understand your response, but please note that I said I would feel pity for KC if I didn't know what she was really like.

I do agree with the pity aspect to some extent - however, again - my thoughts are that something fails when jurors forget the evidence in a case and instead pull from their emotions - pity, or relating to, or empathy - based on appearance. I know it happens, I just think it's a flaw in the judicial system. Appearance should not take priority over the facts, but sadly, sometimes it happens. I find it to be a major flaw - can something be done about it? Not without a complete revamp of how things have been done since the beginning - but still, it makes me sad and angry that appearance has this much importance in a case.

Bear with me for a moment while I awkwardly state the obvious :blowkiss: : Human beings rely on their sense of sight every waking moment of their lives; it is a highly-developed natural instinct on which we've learned to depend for our safe navigation through life. More to the point here, our emotions are closely, and automatically, linked to what we see. Think of a beautiful sunset.... Now, look at your own words above which I've highlighted in red...."A 2 year old baby girl - more beautiful than one can imagine."

Does KC's crime seem somehow more heinous because Caylee truly was "more beautiful than one can imagine?"

You are correct, and I think I totally misrepresented what I meant by that statement - I was being specific, but I meant it in a much broader scope - I feel ALL CHILDREN are beautiful - precious, a gift from God. When I stated "more beautiful than one can imagine" I was speaking to every single baby and child - and yes, I believe that a crime against an innocent child is more heinous than adults - which does not mean I don't think crimes against adults are also heinous... but when dealing with a helpless, trusting, innocent, and weaker child, the crime is far more heartless, cruel and heinous.

Again, I am not against anyone who has mentioned that they feel or could feel or would feel pity for KC as a juror.

I am only pointing out that My Own Feeling is that in a court system, appearance should not have anything to do with guilt or innocence - and sadly, it does.

It is shown through many discussions, through seeing party girl KC versus the KC that now appears in court every day, to the interactions between KC and parents or KC and Jose, etc.

Presented with no faces, no voices, no photos - just the FACTS as they have them... what would a jury decide?

Yes, I know I am dreaming. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member