Zanny, Zanax, Xanax, Zanny the nanny *merged threads*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any clues in the text messages that Casey was involved in selling drugs? Or would she be too smart to text that kind of thing?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. I know that there are the infamous IM references to getting Xanax from her "friend Annie", as well as some miscellaneous references to pot smoking and drinking. However, the question of "what was she doing?" and "where was she going?" has always loomed. Remember, when LE and TES were analyzing her pings, there were those hits out by the airport, and many have theorized that she was riding around, looking for a place to dump Caylee's body, but who knows? She may have been doing a drug deal. If she were involved in that, I would venture to guess it was small time, or we likely would have heard something about it by now. I like your theory because it explains what she could be holding over Cindy's head. I totally agree with you that this family is hiding something.

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. I know that there are the infamous IM references to getting Xanax from her "friend Annie", as well as some miscellaneous references to pot smoking and drinking. However, the question of "what was she doing?" and "where was she going?" has always loomed. Remember, when LE and TES were analyzing her pings, there were those hits out by the airport, and many have theorized that she was riding around, looking for a place to dump Caylee's body, but who knows? She may have been doing a drug deal. If she were involved in that, I would venture to guess it was small time, or we likely would have heard something about it by now. I like your theory because it explains what she could be holding over Cindy's head. I totally agree with you that this family is hiding something.

That's a good point about the pings. I think you are on to something there.

This might also explain Lee's "shout out" to Casey at Caylee's memorial. He might have been praising her for keeping her mouth shut.

Some of us thought the family's "dirty little secret" was that Lee was Caylee father. Could it be Xanax instead?

That's a good point about the pings. I think you are on to something there.

This might also explain Lee's "shout out" to Casey at Caylee's memorial. He might have been praising her for keeping her mouth shut.

Some of us thought the family's "dirty little secret" was that Lee was Caylee father. Could it be Xanax instead?

It's definitely something, and it infuriates me that whatever it is seems more important to them than their granddaughter's, daughter's, and niece's memory. I mean, come on, how much trouble are you going to get into for selling some Xanax? very little compared to what you'll get into for murdering your daughter, hiding it, and covering it up to the ends of the earth! Give me a break! Those people amaze and disgust me. Back on topic, though...I just don't know. That first jail call from Casey when she was talking to her mom about Cindy's "little cameo", their tone was just too telling. Any other grandmother that had just discovered her granddaughter missing would not be playing games with her daughter, calling her sweetheart, she'd be freaking out, sobbing, begging for her granddaughter. Things like that just make me think that there's more to it... :waitasec:

It's definitely something, and it infuriates me that whatever it is seems more important to them than their granddaughter's, daughter's, and niece's memory. I mean, come on, how much trouble are you going to get into for selling some Xanax? very little compared to what you'll get into for murdering your daughter, hiding it, and covering it up to the ends of the earth! Give me a break! Those people amaze and disgust me. Back on topic, though...I just don't know. That first jail call from Casey when she was talking to her mom about Cindy's "little cameo", their tone was just too telling. Any other grandmother that had just discovered her granddaughter missing would not be playing games with her daughter, calling her sweetheart, she'd be freaking out, sobbing, begging for her granddaughter. Things like that just make me think that there's more to it... :waitasec:

IMO there's more to it or the whole family is :nuts:

Hi! :)
I listened to Annie´s long police interview/interrogation yesterday. And got to think that Casey had possibly at some point gotten Xanax from Annie.
Although you can´t really put too much credence into KC, she did text message to someone that she could easily get Xanax from A. And interestingly Annie, who had been calm and collected up to the point where this was discussed, broke down in tears exactly at that point in the interview.
I then got to make the connection Zani/Zanny + Xanax = Zanny the Nanny. And later found out that other ppl have come to the same conclusion.
I think it is absolutely possible that KC occasionally used Xanax - or other sedatives - when she was in need of a baby sitter. Perhaps she only did it once while she was still close friends with Annie, perhaps a few times, who knows? Maybe the baby was put to sleep in the back seat of KC´s car - not necessarily in the trunk. But the Nanny name could very well stem from that.

Then there was Tony. Reading their IM messages from May, it is clear that he is pressuring her to "get her pretty *advertiser censored*" (he sounds like a real jerk) over to his place. He even threatens to leave her because she is not free to come to his place because of the baby.
She sounds a little desperate. She really tries to make him understand her situation - that her child comes first.
She says that she is willing to drive all the way over to his place just to be with him for a few minutes if she can finally manage to get a sitter.

Not improbable that Tony was losing his patience (again: moron, why couldn´t she bring her child - or why couldn´t he come to KC´s place?) in mid June and making an ultimatum.
She could have gone to his place, put KLee to sleep in the back seat or perhaps the trunk to be able to see him.

Personally I think KLee died accidentally. Remember, there was a blanket found with her remains - that would be consistent with her having been tucked up. I don´t think there is any proof that the duct tape was over her mouth (of course that will be dealt with at trial), but I think the media have taken this and exaggerated as they have a lot of other things.

Looong rant.:crosseyed: And sorry if my language is funny - I am from a non-English speaking country.;)

I listened to Annie´s long police interview/interrogation yesterday. And got to think that Casey had possibly at some point gotten Xanax from Annie.
Although you can´t really put too much credence into KC, she did text message to someone that she could easily get Xanax from A. And interestingly Annie, who had been calm and collected up to the point where this was discussed, broke down in tears exactly at that point in the interview.
I then got to make the connection Zani/Zanny + Xanax = Zanny the Nanny. And later found out that other ppl have come to the same conclusion.
I think it is absolutely possible that KC occasionally used Xanax - or other sedatives - when she was in need of a baby sitter. Perhaps she only did it once while she was still close friends with Annie, perhaps a few times, who knows? Maybe the baby was put to sleep in the back seat of KC´s car - not necessarily in the trunk. But the Nanny name could very well stem from that.

Then there was Tony. Reading their IM messages from May, it is clear that he is pressuring her to "get her pretty *advertiser censored*" (he sounds like a real jerk) over to his place. He even threatens to leave her because she is not free to come to his place because of the baby.
She sounds a little desperate. She really tries to make him understand her situation - that her child comes first.
She says that she is willing to drive all the way over to his place just to be with him for a few minutes if she can finally manage to get a sitter.

Not improbable that Tony was losing his patience (again: moron, why couldn´t she bring her child - or why couldn´t he come to KC´s place?) in mid June and making an ultimatum.
She could have gone to his place, put KLee to sleep in the back seat or perhaps the trunk to be able to see him.

Personally I think KLee died accidentally. Remember, there was a blanket found with her remains - that would be consistent with her having been tucked up. I don´t think there is any proof that the duct tape was over her mouth (of course that will be dealt with at trial), but I think the media have taken this and exaggerated as they have a lot of other things.

Looong rant.:crosseyed: And sorry if my language is funny - I am from a non-English speaking country.;)

Your English is very good. Better than a lot of native speakers, in fact. I came to the conclusion from things I've read that quite some time ago Jesse G used the nickname, Zanny. If so, he was probably playing with her name rhyming with nanny. He may have thought nanny a strange term since so many here just use the word sitter instead. Nanny is usually used for a live in sitter. I think Casey was likely showing off, knwing someone that had a popular Rx. I doubt that Annie ever gave her any or that Casey gave any to Caylee.

As for Tony, I came to the conclusion you did about his priorities. He seems to use the brain between his legs rather than the one on his shoulders. :waitasec:

Thanks for the kind words, Aquarian. I just wish I could express myself a little bit better in English. And with less effort!:bang:

About my post above, just want to make it very clear that I don´t think that Annie knew ANYTHING about KC drugging little Klee. IF that was the case, i am just speculating of course.

If AD gave it to SD she would give it to her bff.

If AD gave it to SD she would give it to her bff.

ITA, Mermaid! KC may be the biggest liar on the planet, but I believe this was one of the "grains of truth" that she told.

ITA, Mermaid! KC may be the biggest liar on the planet, but I believe this was one of the "grains of truth" that she told.

Let's not forget Cameron according to his friends he could hook you up also.

Let's not forget Cameron according to his friends he could hook you up also.

Ya know, it's such a sad thought, but if KC had spent half as much time being a mother as she did "hooking up" (in one way or another), we wouldn't be here right now and Caylee would be a happy little 3 yo. :mad:

Ya know, it's such a sad thought, but if KC had spent half as much time being a mother as she did "hooking up" (in one way or another), we wouldn't be here right now and Caylee would be a happy little 3 yo. :mad:

Yes.... KC spend a bunch of wasted time... doing STUPID THINGS !!!!

As she said.... H U G E W A S T E ~~~ KC's lying HUGE WASTE ! ! !

Little Angel CAYLEE's DEATH ~ = HUGE WASTE ! ! !

I believe since we know for a fact = KC stole Money from FAMILY !!!

KC STOLE Checks & Money from FRIENDS>>>>

KC could have v e r y ~ easily..... STOLE Xanax from
some one..... ANYONE's Bathroom / Purse etc.......

I'm so mad at KC for Not telling the truth...
I'm so MAD AT KC for Not just GIVING CAYLEE to ANYONE
that
would Love Her... we would have taken her...

Most family's would have taken her...

I'm just :furious: with this S T U P I D/ CRUEL DEATH and mess
that KC caused and Lied about !!!!

JMO
God Bless !
jjgram

**** I keep PRAYING ~ KC will tell the truth ! It would help !
But
I will not count on KC Telling the truth/ Only KC is in charge
of that... and it is the ONLY thing she has control of ...
but she is going to have to pay ~ even if she
keeps her mouth shut... :rolleyes::silenced: the EVIDENCE is
showing KC will be :behindbar = where KC belongs !

jjgram:
I keep PRAYING ~ KC will tell the truth ! It would help !

Oh yes. It would even help her. She is one troubled girl - and she must be one of the loneliest persons on this planet.

I would like to know WHY she became that f..... up. Child abuse? Some mental disorder? Drugs? A co mbination?

There are probably threads on that - but since I am pretty new here, I am quite overwhelmed by the huge amount of posts! :confused:

Your English is very good. Better than a lot of native speakers, in fact. I came to the conclusion from things I've read that quite some time ago Jesse G used the nickname, Zanny. If so, he was probably playing with her name rhyming with nanny. He may have thought nanny a strange term since so many here just use the word sitter instead. Nanny is usually used for a live in sitter. I think Casey was likely showing off, knwing someone that had a popular Rx. I doubt that Annie ever gave her any or that Casey gave any to Caylee.

As for Tony, I came to the conclusion you did about his priorities. He seems to use the brain between his legs rather than the one on his shoulders. :waitasec:

....the tony in those im's was a different tony...not her boyfriend in june...

Not improbable that Tony was losing his patience (again: moron, why couldn´t she bring her child - or why couldn´t he come to KC´s place?)

ok i'm getting confused. wasn't this tony r the cop that was fired and not tony l?

claudicici:
....the tony in those im's was a different tony...not her boyfriend in june...
Oh, my bad. I didn´t know that. So there was one Tony in May, another in June?

yep,there was another tony,he was a cop and lied about not having a relationship with casey and got fired because of it....i don't feel sorry for him one bit though,cause he sounds like a real jerk...

yep,there was another tony,he was a cop and lied about not having a relationship with casey and got fired because of it....i don't feel sorry for him one bit though,cause he sounds like a real jerk...

ITA- he seemed like a creep- I was glad he lost his job for lying!

I don't know if this post belongs here or if it should have it's own thread or what. I'm sure the mods will figure it out for me!

Anyhow, last night while I was reading a book called "Shakespeare by Another Name" by Mark Anderson I happened to come across a source for the name Zanni!

First some background - the book posits that the writer of the Shakespeare plays is not the actor from Stratford Upon Avon that the world has come to know as "William Shakespeare" instead the writer of the plays is Edward de Vere the seventeenth Earl of Oxford. The Earl hid his identity due to the political climate of the time which made it dangerous to reveal himself as the author of the plays. For anyone who doesn't study Shakespeare this may sound like a kooky conspiracy theory but it is actually a widely accepted (though hotly debated) theory that "Shakespeare" is not the actor from Stratford. Anyhow - this is a very short, simplistic summary of what is in reality a very complex question of who really wrote the Shakespeare plays. I found it absolutely fascinating that - in the midst of a story of shifting, hidden identity, full of double meanings and strange characters - I would find a reference to Zanni.

A "Zanni" is the name of a stock character that was developed in the Italian theater during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I. During this time "stock characters" emerged for the first time in theater. Stock characters have been around ever since then - for instance the uneducated country bumpkin who experiences comic culture shock in the big city, or the totally hot, blonde but completely stupid cheerleader who is clueless about the airheaded things she says etc...

The following is the Wikipedia definition I found:

"Zanni (from the Italian, dialectal nickname for Giovanni) was the archetype of the comic servant characters of the Commedia dell'arte. The character of Zanni was an older, impoverished man and hired servant of one of the other characters, typically Pantalone.
Zanni's costume was loosely fitting white smock and pants. He wore a black mask reminiscent of his more popular descendant, Arlecchino. His behavior is a cartoon imitation of the impoverished rural folk of Bergamo who were forced to move to Venice in order to make a living. As such, his interests do not always coincide with those of his master. His primary goals are his own comfort and the satisfaction of various immediate desires."

I found it interesting that this historical Zanni was a theater character (therefore an actor playing a role), was a servant (as a nanny could be seen to be), was probably not of the same ethnic background as his employer (like our latino Zani), wore a mask (to disguise identity and make the character less individual and more amorphous), had goals and interests contrary to his employer (like our Zani who supposedly turned the tables on Casey by kidnapping her child), primarily seeks his own comfort and satisfaction of his own immediate desires (gee- who does that sound like? Casey. As well as possibly the evil nanny who killed Caylee when the jig was up and the fun was over).

Obviously this is not a complete parallel by any means but it was close enough to make me think - whoa!

Also - I seriously doubt that Casey knew of this historical connection between the name she chose for her fictitious nanny character and all of these "stock traits" from the theater world. I don't see Casey as a serious student of Shakespeare or the Italian theater. :)

But isn't it a fascinating coincidence? It even plays into the way the line between Casey herself and the "Zanni the nanny" character merges and distorts at many points.

And I found it interesting that Zanni eventually led to the development of the more famous character Arlecchino - known in English as the Harlequin. Harlequin is a strange type of jester - masked, silent, in black and white and often serves as a serious, mocking foil for everyone else in the play, exposing their own flaws and idiocy.

Taking this a step further you could say that about sums up how this case has evolved as well. Zanni (Casey?) has retreated completely into a silent mask. She is black and white - either you believe in her or you don't. And the bugbear of Zanni has haunted the other players in this case like a ghost exposing them as the real fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member