CO CO - Janine Johler, 38, Aurora, 7 May 2009

From the map posted, it appears that road only runs on the north side of I 70, so that would mean the traffic was headed westbound. So, has someone checked for missing from KS, Missouri, Illinois or do we KNOW for sure if it was north or south of the highway?

Rene Pernice is missing from Kansas.

ETA: most think her hubby did it... but ya never know...

I hope they will also look at the info on Brittanee D.....she is VERY tiny for her age, and might easily be mistaken for someone much younger.

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20090614/VALLEYNEWS/906139998/1083&ParentProfile=1074

DISMEMBERED???
Found off of an interstate?
Could we be looking at a serial killer who hits women (12 being the low end of the spectrum)?
Just food for thought. It may be smart to see if any young women are missing around the I70 corridor.

Again... just thoughts

This is the first I've heard about her being dismembered. That's extremely disturbing. That alone makes me sway away from parental involvement, but you never know.

On the other hand, if the body was small for a 10-12 year old, there is Haylee D to be considered also. Ohio is within a reasonable 2-3 day drive from Western Colorado.

It is a 22 hour drive straight down I 70 from Mansfield Ohio to this area of Colorado.

On the other hand, if the body was small for a 10-12 year old, there is Haylee Donovan to be considered also. Ohio is within a reasonable 2-3 day drive from Western Colorado.

We were discussing the possibility that it could've been Haylee over in her thread, especially because the mothers debit card was last used somewhere in Colorado in early June. However, Haylee is only 3 years old..so I'm not sure how someone could confuse that for a 10-12 year olds body. But, if it was dismembered like the articles are saying..then I don't see how anyone could put a possible age on it just yet.

HMMM.... in this article I just read her uncle states she was 4.....I do remember seeing 3 years old though in other articles, also. Then again, the teenage boy who found a girls dismembered and partially decomposed body in a bag in an apple orchard may not be too reliable a source on estimating the age of the body. That must have been a traumatic discovery, and hopefully he didn't spend much time looking before running for help.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/06/12/story_watson.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=102

if there was any clothing, shoes, belongings found with the body it might be a clue to the age, pre-teens and toddlers usually dress a bit differently.

What a horrific discovery.

What's odd about the dismemberment, usually a murderer who goes to that much trouble, do so to leave the body in vastly different areas or numerous dumpsters. They appear to have left this one, or several bags, in one immediate area.

From the map posted, it appears that road only runs on the north side of I 70, so that would mean the traffic was headed westbound. So, has someone checked for missing from KS, Missouri, Illinois or do we KNOW for sure if it was north or south of the highway?

Canyon Creek Road is on the north side of I-70 but I think it can be accessed from either EB or WB I-70 by exit ramps. WB would make more sense though... If you click on the satellite view you can see the orchard on the right hand side of the road.

"Williams said his friend told him the body was that of a young girl and had been in a bag but apparently had been pulled out by animals."

It appears that it was probably more of a drop-off site than where a crime occurred,” he said.

Williams speculated the same.

“It looked to me like somebody pulled up to the road going up Canyon Creek and then just threw it off the side of the road and it ended up in the orchard,” he said.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/hp/content/news/stories/2009/06/12/061309_1a_body_discovery.html

Vallario said he couldn’t comment on any specifics about the victim until the coroner’s office investigated further, but a person familiar with the investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity confirmed the victim was a pre-adolescent girl whose body was partially dismembered.

http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/135019

In the satellite pic, you can see the orchard. She wasn't far off the Highway at all.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...448778&spn=0.005805,0.009656&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

Wow....it is close, I didn't even click onto the satellite view before. I was thinking you would have to know the area to find an orchard, but ANYONE cold have pulled off there and just tossed that bag out. At night, that area would be very dark and very little chance of much other traffic stopping by at the same time.

Wow....it is close, I didn't even click onto the satellite view before. I was thinking you would have to know the area to find an orchard, but ANYONE cold have pulled off there and just tossed that bag out. At night, that area would be very dark and very little chance of much other traffic stopping by at the same time.

There looks to be a farm on the other side of the road. I bet you wouldn't even notice it there at night. I wonder if anyone there remembers seeing anything?

Mysticrose, I ran into the same thing you did when I searched endangered runaway or family abductions. And I was only searching 5-12 years old. I'm hoping LE can at least tell us her race and we can narrow it down further.

Woman's body in Garfield Co. apple orchard was dismembered
Garfield County Sheriff's office says the victim is a Caucasian woman between the ages of 20 and 35
The Associated Press
Share on Facebook Email Print Comment Recommend
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado —Authorities say a body found under apple trees in an orchard near the highway was not a young girl but a woman who had been dismembered.

The Garfield County Sheriff's office says the victim is a Caucasian woman between the ages of 20 and 35. Sheriff's spokeswoman Holly Hopple says authorities have not recovered all of the woman's remains

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20090614/NEWS/906149997/1078&ParentProfile=1062

New details about victim found in apple orchard
posted by: Dan Boniface 31 mins ago Toolbox: Read Comments Print ArticleEmail ArticleSmallerLarger
GARFIELD COUNTY - A dismembered body found in an apple orchard on Friday was that of a white woman between 20 and 35 years old, according to an autopsy report released Sunday.

The autopsy details contradicted a victim description first reported by KREX-TV in Grand Junction that the victim was believed to be a girl between 10 and 12 years old.

The Garfield County Sheriff's Office says the autopsy revealed the woman had multiple tattoos and had undergone extensive dental work during her life and had brown hair with blonde highlights. However, authorities have not been able to figure out her identity yet

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=117673&catid=339

how long has she been passed?
My first instinct was is this Haylee jade's Mom? Were they not headed out west?

What's odd about the dismemberment, usually a murderer who goes to that much trouble, do so to leave the body in vastly different areas or numerous dumpsters. They appear to have left this one, or several bags, in one immediate area.

She may have been dismembered to fit into an inconspicuous container, like an ice chest or tool box. Or, I wonder if she was dismembered by the animals that got to the body.

Ok so now we're looking for an adult, not a child, correct?

This is confusing, haha.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back