CO CO - Janine Johler, 38, Aurora, 7 May 2009

Brown hair with blonde highlights sounds like Brittanee Drexel, but the tattoos and age aren't right, so it's not her. And my first thought was Amber Dubois because of the initial age given. Agh, what a misleading initial report.

Anyone have any ideas given the new information?

I wished they would have given a timeline of being deceased. That would help a great deal.

Based on todays Denver Post article it seems like LE thinks she isn't from the immediate area.
Also, since they haven't confirmed the age of the victim (the boy who found her guessed she was between 10-12) I'm wondering if it could be a older teenager/young adult (?)
The road that she was found near is right off of I-70 so it would be easy for someone to exit and enter the interstate there.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12586626

BTW, I am new to WS- (been lurking for awhile) so I hope I am doing this posting right :crazy:

Hi Carlysmom, It's great to have you here, and WELCOME!

She may have been dismembered to fit into an inconspicuous container, like an ice chest or tool box. Or, I wonder if she was dismembered by the animals that got to the body.

Hi STEADFAST, It could be too her hands were removed so there would be no fingerprints, but if they did that it would leave the extensive dental work that would name her anyway, right?

My other thought is a gruesome one, but whoever did this to her started dismembering her and couldn't quite finish the job.

I saw a forensic show last night about Karen Slover who was dismembered and her parts put in plastic bags with a brick each, tossed into a lake. They used a saw.

In this case, if it was done in a more cumbersome way and they said 'that's good enough'. One link here hinted at the RUMOR there was more than one bag. I bet they're back out there today!

BTW, it took 4 years to take the perp to court in Karen's case. They sifted soil for literally months!

Hi Carlysmom, It's great to have you here, and WELCOME!

Hi STEADFAST, It could be too her hands were removed so there would be no fingerprints, but if they did that it would leave the extensive dental work that would name her anyway, right?

My other thought is a gruesome one, but whoever did this to her started dismembering her and couldn't quite finish the job.

I saw a forensic show last night about Karen Saylor who was dismembered and her parts put in plastic bags with a brick each, tossed into a lake. They used a saw.

In this case, if it was done in a more cumbersome way and they said 'that's good enough'. One link here hinted at the RUMOR there was more than one bag. I bet they're back out there today!

BTW, it took 4 years to take the perp to court in Karen's case. They sifted soil for literally months!

We must have been watching together scandi, I saw that last night too.

For the poster who said brown hair with blonde highlights sounded like B Drexel...I thought that too....do we know for sure that Brit had no tattoo's?

What about Paige Birgfeld? IIRC she was in her early 30's? I'll have to check on that...

We must have been watching together scandi, I saw that last night too.

For the poster who said brown hair with blonde highlights sounded like B Drexel...I thought that too....do we know for sure that Brit had no tattoo's?

Hi Elle, It was such a horrific crime. God Bless all those involved in her case because they never gave up. They were going for Justice with no weapon or witnesses.

YaYa, and Sorry for a bit of OT Well, I hope the same dedication is shown in this case. It is also a horrific crime against this young lady.

I wish they would release descriptions of the multiple tattoos. That would really help.

Does anyone know if Candace Watson (mother of missing Haylee Donathan) has many tattoos?

I know this is pretty farfetched and far away, but what about Stacy Peterson?

She is in her 20s

She is small, about 5'2" and 100 lbs.

She has two tattoos

She has brown hair with blonde highlights

I don't know about the dental work.

This is the first I've heard about her being dismembered. That's extremely disturbing. That alone makes me sway away from parental involvement, but you never know.

Yep, you never know. Here in Kansas City, we had Precious Doe who had been decapitated (her body was laying right outside of my friends boyfriends house across the street in bags - the night before they found her, my friend and boyfriend had been sitting right next to her body :( ). Anyway, it turns out that the girls mother's boyfriend kicked the girl (I think) and killed her. Why they decapitated her, I have no idea. I can't understand a parent doing that...

I hope this girl is ID'd soon. At least her family will have some closure (if they're not involved, of course) and we'll be closer to serving justice.

I know this is pretty farfetched and far away, but what about Stacy Peterson?

She is in her 20s

She is small, about 5'2" and 100 lbs.

She has two tattoos

She has brown hair with blonde highlights

I don't know about the dental work.

Hi Hester, I think with Stacy she has been dead way too long for her remains to be described as a body. Over 18mos I think. If her remains were found now they would be described as skeletal remains I believe.

Keep those good thoughts tho, thinking she will be found soon. Ya Ya

Paige Birgfeld disappeared in 07, so these remains are also too recent to be hers, I believe. I don't think there are any recent endangered missing adult women cases in Colorado, so maybe it's out of state?

Edit: I did a bit of hunting around - UT-Sarah Jensen, 31, Missing Since 5/25/09, Orem - could Sarah Jensen possibly be the unidentified woman? She has tattoos, brown/blonde hair, is 20-35, and was last seen just a state over.

Maybe she's too recent. Does anyone know what state of decomposition the victim is?

The missing woman at the below link shows her with Blonde highlights and she has several tattoos

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6689680&autostart=y

(snips)
Memorial Day weekend, her family says Sarah was feeling depressed and told her boyfriend she was going camping. When she didn't return by Monday, her family called police.

Sarah is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 115 pounds. She was last seen wearing jeans, a white shirt and a necklace with the letter S. She also has a tattoo of the sun on the middle of her upper back, a tattoo of a character on her stomach and Japanese writing on her lower back.

Paige Birgfeld disappeared in 07, so these remains are also too recent to be hers, I believe. I don't think there are any recent endangered missing adult women cases in Colorado, so maybe it's out of state?

Edit: I did a bit of hunting around - UT-Sarah Jensen, 31, Missing Since 5/25/09, Orem - could Sarah Jensen possibly be the unidentified woman? She has tattoos, brown/blonde hair, is 20-35, and was last seen just a state over.

Maybe she's too recent. Does anyone know what state of decomposition the victim is?

Hi, Recent enough to be called a decomposing body. By 50 days after death the body is pretty well left as bones and hair, and it takes up to a year for the hair to disappear.

So I would say she died within 2 months of being found as at that point the body would be mostly skeleton. IMO And there are many variables with the conditions.

http://www.deathonline.net/decomposition/decomposition/butyric_fermentation.htm

WOW, Sarah could be a good possibility. Thanks to you and SuzieQ ;}

Syttende, Sorry! I posted before I saw your post. I was off making dinner and didn't refresh the page.

Heh, no problem - great minds think alike!

I'm hoping LE will release more information about the identity of the victim so we can be a little more sure if the victim is Sarah Jensen or not. From what I understand about the case she was going on a hike or some kind of camping trip, so that points more to being lost/injured somewhere rather than abduction.

Heh, no problem - great minds think alike!

I'm hoping LE will release more information about the identity of the victim so we can be a little more sure if the victim is Sarah Jensen or not. From what I understand about the case she was going on a hike or some kind of camping trip, so that points more to being lost/injured somewhere rather than abduction.

Hi again, She went to a state park, {?}, bought an entry pass and some camping equip.

We have seen big parks like this used before as dumping grounds, especially serial killers. Are there any SK's in that area? We don't know enough about the remains to tell if there is a signature yet, but it could always be someone not well experienced in killing. In one of the first links they said it could be someone from out of the area or another state. They must have had reason to believe that, besides the fact there are no locals missing from what they said. xox

Zion's Park is huge, but you'd think someone would have spotted her car by now if she was still there. There are alot of tourists down there at this time of year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back