GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vance in court today...

http://www.wjbf.com/jbf/news/nation...hor_slaying_suspect_to_appear_in_court/14426/

Vance confession to Anne's murder???

http://arkansasnews.com/2009/06/16/prosecutor-vance-confessed-to-killing-pressly/

Its hard for me to sit and wait over this case. Vance deserves his day in court (as does anyone accused of a crime) BUT I woudlnt mind it if someone dragged his *advertiser censored* out into the parking lot and just set him on fire... :furious:

Carla, he confessed three times to Anne's murder, but of course the big bad police threatened him with a gun. He's such a special piece of work. He's playing every angle he can, not going through with the mental evaluation, so somewhere down the road he can claim he was insane or retarded.

We had a very violent murder here 14 years ago, the man was sentenced to the DP, his number came up and guess what? He played the "I'm retarded" card, so he has an indefinite stay of execution. Mind you, he tested normal and was smart enough to hide the weapons and the money after the murder, but he's retarded.

I know retarded isn't a PC word, but that is the word I've heard thrown around these losers who don't want to pay for what they've done. Vance is no different.

And poor Vance had a bad childhood, while so did I, but I don't recall murdering or raping anyone.

Vance is such a creep.
Below is the link that references LE "putting a gun in his face"

Deputy Prosecutor John Johnson made the claim after Curtis Lavelle Vance demanded access to the DNA evidence allegedly tying him to the death of Anne Pressly. While not denying he confessed, Vance told Pulaski County Judge Chris Piazza those statements came after police officers "put a gun in my face."

"I was under extreme pressure," Vance said.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=115453.54928.127594

What a tool. He could also want to avoid the evaluation because he knows full and well that while he might be stupid he isnt dumb.. and isn't going to come back as unfit to stand trial.

He should be under pressure... he was arrested for rape, murder, robbery, stolen goods, trespassing, etc. etc. What did he expect a party with puppies and kittens and unicorns?

I can actually understand now why some people would cling to the bizarre conspiracy theories... the real truth of the matter is just so plain and sad. Just some low life looking for crimes of opportunities crossed Anne's Path. No big mystery, no illicit love affair, no mystery men, no hit men, no money trail, etc. Just some small town . When it happens in your own home, in the bedroom, at night... you arent famous any more. You aren't a rising TV star, actress, etc. You are just you...

I had a very hard and difficult life. It changed and shaped me. Life took my sister violently. But I never raped and killed anyone... never broke into houses, never pawned stolen property etc. I don't buy that excuse... I am not an angel (well I do have a cute halo) but im not "bad" either.

Second hearing in Marianna case scheduled for Monday is cancelled - guess life is a little slower in Lee County. Uncertain where this moves the trial date. jmo

Oh and its good to see you guys again!!! Tez, RU...

Hey Carla, it's great to see you! I hope everything is OK.

I totally agree with you about Vance being a tool. He's an idiot.

Probably one of the most outrageus crimes I have ever come across.

Anne was such a sweet girl, a beautiful personality.. I watched her parents Patty and Guy Cannady interview on Today show , my heart goes out to them.

I rarely support death penalty, but in this particular case I would send the perp to death row without any hesitation.

This confirms my 6/19 post, but doesn't add much substance.
Pulaski County on July 9 may be next flurry of activity. Hope that DNA re-testing is available & reported then - - now that Vance can spell DNA he sure seems more interested in it!
Guess he figures that he may be able to claim (lie) that he didn't know what he was doing/pressured when he confessed (3 times!?) & get those barred. Then he only has to worry about the DNA, because he didn't leave anyone alive who might identify his face.
jmo, of course
See y'all in July!

http://www2.arkansasonline.com/news/2009/jun/20/evaluation-hearing-vance-canceled-20090620/

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/sto...wn-motion/Gcw7oDXu8EChNzNpy19iLQ.cspx?rss=315

Wants new lawyers - thinks his believe that he has no defense.
Let's see - three separate times confessed (including details?)
DNA from two crime scenes (let's see if tomorrow reveals confirmation by re-test?)
He might be right, they MAY think that he's guilty & be trying to get him off with the easiest sentence.
Looks like he is getting HIS information from some mis-informed blogger - hope the judge proceeds to a swift trial.
imo, naturally

http://www.bumpmylock.com/

Caught a segment on TV last night about this - missed title/channel.
Marianna house was locked, deadbolted, with no forced entry (victim lived to testify). If Curtis could afford the rims, he could afford a $49.99 set of 18 professional bump keys. And being unemployed (in the legal sense) he had time to perfect his trade.
I was amazed at how quickly & easily it was on the TV program.
Protect yourself - being behind the wrong lock is false security. (and blaming Anne for not locking her door is jumping to conclusions)

Hey everyone - hope that you keep digging for information & the truth - justice will usually follow. Hearings next week. I'll not be contributing any more, or visiting much.
I will be in the courtroom when both cases come to trial - see if you can pick me out of the crowd :).
Oh, and please still pray for all involved - they can really use it as this comes closer to trial and presentation of evidence.
Not jmo, but that's the end. Good sleuthing to all, and to all a safe night!

Aparently they checked with LE about it ahead of time. If the crime itself was centered in the bedroom, a video walkthrough would suffice if need be, I guess. Im sure it was all well documented. You could assume that evidence is such that the house itslef is not needed. At least here too cops remove things like doors, etc and save them as evidence to bring into the court room itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member