The Box From Hell (BFH) - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annasmom..In your post #521, there is a note dated 1/10/77. It has the initials GBA right above Seka. Have you noticed this? Is there a chance this is Greoge Brody A????.

A few years ago I met with someone who I think is called a profiler? and he explained to me about people who chronically lie about their identity. He said the liar always changes the same part of their information. In our instance it was the guys 1st name was correct, but the last name wasn't. His birthday month and date was correct, his birth year was wrong. He told us he lived in the north side of town and lived northeast. This is the way they keep their lies in order and don't have to remember what they told to who.

So I guess it is possible his birthday month and date is correct and not the year as everyone is thinking he has lied about. His name could be correct, just he isn't giving his last name.

Any thoughts about this? Any idea why there is an A in his initials?

In sticking with the contents of the note, the GBF Seka probably means "GoodBye Forever Seka"

In sticking with the contents of the note, the GBF Seka probably means "GoodBye Forever Seka"

I agree with you it could be GB=GoodBye, but it is an A. I make my A's exactly the same way. It took me by surprise to see and I actually had to look at papers I had to see how different mine was...very slim to none.

Nothing appears to be unusual with how strange this guy was.

Annasmom, I believe it is an A. Can you think of anything else he signed the same way?

Annasmom, I believe it is an A. Can you think of anything else he signed the same way?
I am having a problem viewing my own posted JPGs on the forum. Even when I'm logged in, they just ask me to log in again and do not show what I'm looking for. I don't know how I filed the letter you are talking about, because I've been through the originals and don't see it. My guess is that it's GBA and means "George Brody Approved", since GW always seemed to need permission for things...and he typed all these Seka letters, at least one of which had first been written in longhand (huge letters) by Brody. If someone wants to PM me a copy of the letter you're discussing, it would help.

Another thing I noticed while going over the originals in Brody's handwriting is that he never struck through his numeral sevens. There were two of these in one of the long Seka letters. This certainly argues against his having any European connection during his lifetime, since even I (with only intermittent contact in Europe) usually strike through my sevens when I remember.

I am having a problem viewing my own posted JPGs on the forum. Even when I'm logged in, they just ask me to log in again and do not show what I'm looking for. I don't know how I filed the letter you are talking about, because I've been through the originals and don't see it. My guess is that it's GBA and means "George Brody Approved", since GW always seemed to need permission for things...and he typed all these Seka letters, at least one of which had first been written in longhand (huge letters) by Brody. If someone wants to PM me a copy of the letter you're discussing, it would help.

Another thing I noticed while going over the originals in Brody's handwriting is that he never struck through his numeral sevens. There were two of these in one of the long Seka letters. This certainly argues against his having any European connection during his lifetime, since even I (with only intermittent contact in Europe) usually strike through my sevens when I remember.

Mom just sent me a copy of the note you have asked about, and this explains why I couldn't find it in my Brody files. It is in GW's handwriting, and I believe it is quoting something Brody said. At the bottom, it says "GB of Seka"...so it's an "of" rather than an A.

In a couple of posts, people were asking what the abbreviation from a checkbook register was which was written as NDEA-SF (UC).

Could this be payment for George Waters renewing his Medical license with a notation that he has DEA privileges ( which were designated as NDEA by older physicians especially)- to be able to legally write Rx for narcotics?

Also, ITA that George Waters wrote the handwritten note which was attributed to GB and which was with the two typed letters to " Seka"
and/ or her family. He uses the common medical notation for the word " With" as the letter c with a line over it ( don't know how to reproduce the line on my computer).
This is further confirmation with Annasmom that GB did not write the handwritten note with supposed initials of GB on it. That's not what was written, on closer inspection.

Annasmom, I have what may seem to be an unusual question for you but you can answer it faster than I can find the answer on my own. In your opinion, once GeorgeW started living with GeorgeB, how were GeorgeW's finances?
Did he seem to be financially secure on his own ( leaving GeorgeB out of the picture as best as possible)?
I know you have said he was decompensating mentally, which I would assume a person would have to be to kidnap and then give away or sell their own child, your Anna, and to live with a Svengali who was an old fussbudget coot, but how do you see his financial status on a year by year basis?

I have a VERY specific reason for asking.
It relates to George Waters and his medical license.

Thank you. I am praying earnestly that the Serbian connection will lead to answers as to where Anna went, and may still be.

Hugs,
Maria

In a couple of posts, people were asking what the abbreviation from a checkbook register was which was written as NDEA-SF (UC).

Could this be payment for George Waters renewing his Medical license with a notation that he has DEA privileges ( which were designated as NDEA by older physicians especially)- to be able to legally write Rx for narcotics?

Also, ITA that George Waters wrote the handwritten note which was attributed to GB and which was with the two typed letters to " Seka"
and/ or her family. He uses the common medical notation for the word " With" as the letter c with a line over it ( don't know how to reproduce the line on my computer).
This is further confirmation with Annasmom that GB did not write the handwritten note with supposed initials of GB on it. That's not what was written, on closer inspection.

Annasmom, I have what may seem to be an unusual question for you but you can answer it faster than I can find the answer on my own. In your opinion, once GeorgeW started living with GeorgeB, how were GeorgeW's finances?
Did he seem to be financially secure on his own ( leaving GeorgeB out of the picture as best as possible)?
I know you have said he was decompensating mentally, which I would assume a person would have to be to kidnap and then give away or sell their own child, your Anna, and to live with a Svengali who was an old fussbudget coot, but how do you see his financial status on a year by year basis?

I have a VERY specific reason for asking.
It relates to George Waters and his medical license.

Thank you. I am praying earnestly that the Serbian connection will lead to answers as to where Anna went, and may still be.

Hugs,
Maria

Maria, the only clue I have to GW's finances is a tax worksheet he left in the BFH, and I don't really trust that very much. He had several bank accounts and seemed to have been working several clinic and emergency room jobs, but as you have gathered by now, we had no contact at all except through his monthly support checks, and whatever was left among his papers was left there only because he wanted it found or overlooked it, since he had had plenty of time to "edit" everything else. He was driving a late-model car and buying rather expensive gifts for Brody, so one would assume he wasn't really very hard up.

Hi all...
on the pag 31E of Squibb booklet.. it are:
Notify C (or G) E YOWN

who was Mr Yown???

thanks for a reply,
raf

Hi all...
on the pag 31E of Squibb booklet.. it are:
Notify C (or G) E YOWN

who was Mr Yown???

thanks for a reply,
raf
Raf, I don't know what this means, but it is more likely a thing than a person. I'll look at the book and see if I get any ideas.

Hi annasmom, thanks for the reply... thinking at a person, because some Yown was in 1930 census of Oakland, as that

1930 United States Federal Census
about Fred C Yown
Name: Fred C Yown
Home in 1930: Oakland, Alameda, California
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1886
Birthplace: New Jersey ( false: born in Russia the 25 feb 1886-by WWI draft registration card and by 1920 census of Berkeley, CA; original russian surname: YON)
Relation to Head-of-house: Head
Spouse's name: Mae
Race: White

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace: View Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Fred C Yown 44
Mae Yown 36

in WWII draft registration card Fred Carl Yown, changed the surname in Frank Carl Young... resident in Berkeley, working in San Francisco at 450 Mission st ( Moore Co engineering)

for that, thinking to a person and not a thing... maybe I'm in error...
thanks again,
raf

Hi All,

First of all, Happy 4th of July.

The BFH info has been playing on my mind since I first read it (I have re-read it quite a few times). I'd like to put a few of my ideas out there to see what you think. If any of this has already been suggested/addressed I do apologize.

Final/Solution
Lv G enough food to withstand and combat any poss. onslaught. Could this = Leave GB enough food to survive if GW is caught (poss. onslaught) taking Anna somewhere after she was abducted.

The strange shopping list - I think Anna's abduction had been planned for a long time and some of these things may have been part of the plan.

Grecian Formular 16 - In Australia at that time, Grecian 2000 was a men's hair dye. Is it the same thing? if so, Annasmom, did either G normally dye their hair? If not, it may have been used to dye Anna's hair and maybe GW's too.

Suspenders, 36" belt (from what I have read, the belt was too big for either G) maybe a disguise to change GW's appearance? Wearing bigger clothing and padding to alter his size.

Moth cake for the hat box - Who knows, maybe they just needed to clean house more often :)

Vocabulary lists, music and film recommendations may also = to appear to be someone else, someone more cultured?

The change of Anna's name really interests me greatly.

I still can't understand how a father can change his daughters name without her Mother's signature???? Could he have changed Anna's name a second time without Annasmom knowing? The numerology thing may have had nothing to do with it, just something to tell Annasmom to get her to agree to the name change. They may have been just testing the waters (pardon the pun) to see if they could change Anna's name without her Mother's signature. I wouldn't put anything past those two.

The first name put to Annasmom was Christiana Benedo - Benedo is a quite common surname in Mexico, I think it originated in Spain, going by the names on ancestory.

Could Anna have had her hair dyed and been taken over the boader to Mexico?? Very possible.

Benedo and Eifee are both used as a christian name and a surname and it would be very easy to teach a 5 year old child to drop the Waters off her name as opposed to teaching her a whole new name.

The name Bobby for GB. I'm wondering, if Raf is correct, that GB is really GWB and GWB's father was a policeman, the name Bobby may have nothing to do with his 'real' name, it may refer to an occupation. It could have been another one of GB's lies to change who he appeared to be, or was in the past, by telling people that he had been a policeman or a Bobby. GB liked to use English/Victorian words and in the UK a policeman is called a Bobby. My grandmother was Scottish and always called policemen Bobby,s. Just a thought.

Please let me know what you think. I keep hoping that same piece of info. in the BFH will turn the 'Box From Hell' into the 'Box From Heaven'.

Hi All,

First of all, Happy 4th of July.
The change of Anna's name really interests me greatly.
I still can't understand how a father can change his daughters name without her Mother's signature???? Could he have changed Anna's name a second time without Annasmom knowing? ....
The first name put to Annasmom was Christiana Benedo - Benedo is a quite common surname in Mexico, I think it originated in Spain, going by the names on ancestory.

The name Bobby for GB. I'm wondering, if Raf is correct, that GB is really GWB and GWB's father was a policeman, the name Bobby may have nothing to do with his 'real' name, it may refer to an occupation. It could have been another one of GB's lies to change who he appeared to be, or was in the past, by telling people that he had been a policeman or a Bobby. GB liked to use English/Victorian words and in the UK a policeman is called a Bobby. My grandmother was Scottish and always called policemen Bobby,s. Just a thought.

Please let me know what you think. I keep hoping that same piece of info. in the BFH will turn the 'Box From Hell' into the 'Box From Heaven'.

Thank you for your good thoughts. All your ideas certainly are possibilities, but we have no tangible proof that this is the way things went. Since I was able to get a copy of the amended birth certificate, I don't think there was another name change...my memories of how the original name change went down are hazy, but probably I agreed to it (under duress), since I refused the other suggested names and they didn't use them. I am sure there was a certain window of time where the name could have been changed, maybe a week or two.

Grecian Formula is indeed a hair dye. The other things I think were just a shopping list for GB, things he wanted GW to buy for him. Regarding "Bobby", as far as we know, only Margaret called him that. It could have been his real name, or a pet name. I once knew a Dutch woman who called people "Bobby" and when I asked her about it, she said it meant "Baby".

I still think the name change was more about GB getting control than about any plan to take Anna abroad, but then there's no telling.

I look forward to hearing more of your ideas.

Hi Annasmon.

Sorry to ask this question again, but did either G nornally dye their hair? It seems to be a strange thing for them to buy if they didn't. I know you thought this shopping list was written in 1970 or 71, but I think the G's, or at least GB, had planned to take Annia for a long time and was cunning enough to make this type of a purchase well in advance so if they were investigated, the purchase of hair dye would have not come up.

About the Bobby name, my best friend was Dutch and taught me to speak Dutch years ago. I don't remember her teaching me that Bobby meant baby and she never called any babies Bobby. I have also looked up translation sited and Bobby doesn't even come up as a word in Dutch. But having said that, it may have just been a pet name that your Dutch friend and maybe other Dutch people use. Unfortunately, my friend passed away a couple of years so I can't ask her about it.

When you applied for the amended birth cert. did you enquire if there had been any other name changes or did you just specifically ask for a birth cert. for Anna Christian Eifee?

As a mother of 3 girls, Anna's story has touched my heart deeply and also Anna reminds me so much of my oldest daughter at the same age, she too had blonde curly hair. I admire your strength and unwavering determination to find your daughter. WHEN you find Anna she will be able to see that you and your family never gave up on her.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Hi All,

Another thing I have been thing a lot about is the insurance poilcy for GW leaving $1 to Anna. My immediate thoughts were the same as everyone else, that the G's knew Anna was alive and wanted to make sure she could not contest the policy. I haven,t seen this mentioned by anyone else but if it has, my apoligies. Assuming the G's did not abduct her then they would also leave $1 because they would NOT know if she was alive.

Annasmom, from what I have read, GW did not have contact with Anna from the time he left home when she was around 1 yr old, so one would assume that she would not recognise GW as her father. Was Anna the type of child that would go quietly with a 'stranger' or was she a stronge willed child that would kick up a fuss?

Do you know if there were any seditive type drugs found at GW's hotel room when he died or maybe more interestingly, any cryptic reference to those type of drugs in the BFM?

Just thinking of possible senarios

Hi All,

Annasmom, from what I have read, GW did not have contact with Anna from the time he left home when she was around 1 yr old, so one would assume that she would not recognise GW as her father. Was Anna the type of child that would go quietly with a 'stranger' or was she a strong willed child that would kick up a fuss?

Do you know if there were any sedative type drugs found at GW's hotel room when he died or maybe more interestingly, any cryptic reference to those type of drugs in the BFM?

Just thinking of possible scenarios

Ozziemom, thanks for your suggestion about the employment agencies. In answer to your questions, I am positive that she would not have recognized GW as her father; I don't know if she had ever even seen a picture of him. She regarded Joe Ford as her father. She was a friendly child, and it is possible she could have gone with a stranger, but she was also very intuitive and I don't think she could have been easily convinced that there was a reason to go anywhere with someone she didn't know. I do not know what was found at the hotel room. There is every possibility that sedatives were found, since GB had died there a week before; even if drugs were found, I don't think this would necessarily be a link to Anna's disappearance, which had taken place nine years previously.

Hi Annasmon.

Sorry to ask this question again, but did either G nornally dye their hair? It seems to be a strange thing for them to buy if they didn't. I know you thought this shopping list was written in 1970 or 71, but I think the G's, or at least GB, had planned to take Annia for a long time and was cunning enough to make this type of a purchase well in advance so if they were investigated, the purchase of hair dye would have not come up....

Hummm, I never thought of that. In every picture of GB he has gray hair. So what was the Grecian Formula for? It obviously didn't work, (or wasn't) for Brody. Waters was pretty young to be graying. Huh. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu