Leonard Gonzalez Jr.

No, Gene, that's not why I posted. I have been reading yours and others comments for some time and for the most part have been quite impressed. I guess I foolishly felt like I had something to contribute. So I guess I'll go back to just reading since my opinion appears to be unwelcome. Carry on, Gene.

No, Gene, that's not why I posted. I have been reading yours and others comments for some time and for the most part have been quite impressed. I guess I foolishly felt like I had something to contribute. So I guess I'll go back to just reading since my opinion appears to be unwelcome. Carry on, Gene.

Sorry Babyof4, I did not mean to offend you. But if you felt that, despite the Brant's request, it was important to contribute this information, the best way would have been to include the link to the discussion in Ricks Blog, right in your first post.

Then NO suggestion that "Shauna.....Leonard Sr. is her paw-paw", since this is hardly likely. I doubt that Leonard Sr is in anyway related to Shauna.

I am pretty new here myself and just getting going. Please continue to contribute.

Lisa Brant has said that Gonzo Sr. is the paw-paw of her children. Again, I will re-emphasize that I am not suggesting that the Newell/Brant family is involved. Like I said I am new at this so I apologize for not posting correctly earlier with the link to ricksblog. I'm learning and hopefully I will do things properly in the future.

Lisa Brant has said that Gonzo Sr. is the paw-paw of her children.

Does the term "Paw-paw" have a local meaning that I am unfamilar with?

According to the Lisa Brant post on Rick's Blog "we are carols kids but we have no connection to leonard".

I am not sure which Leonard she is refering to, but it seems to me that if they have no connection to one Leonard, they likely have no connection to either of them. Certainly no biological relationship anyway. You have made the point that there some kind of "relationship" via Carol Brant however, but what kind of relationship this is, is unclear to me. Carol and Leonard Sr seem to be living together on Palm Ct, but I have not seen any information that they are married or how long they have been together or if Leonard Sr has had any involvement with Shauna. But Lisa tells us they have no connection, so we should probably accept that and leave them alone.

That's fine with me to leave it alone. I don't appreciate you acting as if I am attacking them. I am just telling what I read. If you did the very simple research that I did you would see exactly what I was referring to. BTW, paw-paw is what most people call a grandfather.

Sorry guys but I'm completely lost. I have tried to read each day and stay up to date as much as possible. But who is Shauna? I think the reason so few people have posted is because this case if sooo complicated...there are many perpertrators and multiple connections. I'm just trying to find the easiest path of least resistance to keep up! Feel free to send me to another link and I will read from there.

That's fine with me to leave it alone. I don't appreciate you acting as if I am attacking them. I am just telling what I read. If you did the very simple research that I did you would see exactly what I was referring to. BTW, paw-paw is what most people call a grandfather.

Babyof4:

Again, I am sorry if you feel that I am attacking you. I just feel it is important that we be clear and not bring this innocent girl and her family into this mess.

According to the Gonzales search warrent, Carol Brant is the step-mother of LPG Jr.

http://www.northescambia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/searchwarrant-1.pdf

So, we do not know if LPG Sr has any direct relation to the girl and to imply anything else is misleading. I do not think that the term Grandfather can be used here. Further, her mother has told us that there is no connection. Please read this post from the moderators about dragging in people who have no connection to the case:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86926"]Important - people who are NOT involved but are getting dragged in - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Shefner: If you want to understand who the girl is, you can read Babyof4's first and second post earlier in this thread. But again she has NO connection to this case and her family has asked (elsewhere) to be left out of the discussion. I really think we should end it here.

Babyof4, again, no disrespect intended. I just think it is best to keep it clear that that other family has no connection, biological or otherwise to this mess. I am really, really sorry if I offended you.

That is not where I got my information, but I am ready to drop this subject once and for all. Let us just move on, please. I'm sorry to have gotten off on the wrong foot right out of the gate. No hard feelings, Gene.

http://open.salon.com/blog/jodi_kasten/2009/07/21/our_neighborhood_murderer

A very interesting blog post from a classmate, including yearbook photos! Here is a snip from the blog as a teaser:

He enjoyed the power and the intimidation that high-level karate training can give in the wrong hands. He was known as a smooth-talker and a fighter. He was a and a pissant from the day I met him when we were children. If you were to ask me a week ago which kid in my school would end up executing two people while wearing a ninja costume, I would not have hesitated - Pat Poff.

I'd guess a friend or associate of PLW's. She (the ex-wife) obviously has some money if she can afford to pay $150k to get dirt on her ex. Owning a yacht can certainly help attract wealthy friends & associates. Just my opinion from what we know so far but I think PLW's and Jr. have been stratching eachothers backs for quite some time . . .
MOO

Does anyone remember Jim Jenkins from another case in Pensacola? I posted on here but can't find the story in PNJ. Its been maybe 4 or 5 years. He was a defendant in a criminal case. Surely someone in Pensacola remembers this.

http://www.gulfbreezenews.com/news/2009/0716/front_page/001.html

According to the Gulf Breeze News LPG Jr has a previous conviction for home invasion. I had not seen that. Is this an error or is it for real?

According to Morgan and court records, Gonzalez Jr. has an extensive criminal history. He previously was convicted on charges of home invasion, battery with a firearm, battery on a law enforcement officer and forgery.

According to the Gulf Breeze News LPG Jr has a previous conviction for home invasion. I had not seen that. Is this an error or is it for real?

According to Morgan and court records, Gonzalez Jr. has an extensive criminal history. He previously was convicted on charges of home invasion, battery with a firearm, battery on a law enforcement officer and forgery.

He does indeed have a burglary and forgery rap.

The battery on LE was when he was arrested for being "drunk".

I'll have to do some checking to see if the burglary was of a "home", if so perhaps they chose "home invasion" over "burglary".

I think someone has to be in the home at the time of a burglary in order to be charged with "home invasion".

Here are the charges for him under Patrick Poff

SR County - says conveyance don't know what that is
http://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/docket?county=57&data=63eb14feb0141c9b056ed8bc20a7511c

Escambia County - robbery of a business
http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml.asp?ucase_id=15205678

I think someone has to be in the home at the time of a burglary in order to be charged with "home invasion".

He was charged with and pleaded guilty to "burglary of conveyance".

Since the article didn't specifically "quote" the sheriff, if the "conveyance" happened to be a "home", what I meant to say was, perhaps the journalist(s) that wrote the article took "burglary" of a "home" and chose to use "home invasion" instead.

Nevertheless, the online court record doesn't specify what was actually burglarized. The forgery is in the same document. It also indicates at the time this happened he was on probation.

http://oncoreweb.srccol.com/oncoreweb/showdetails.aspx?id=9638174&rn=3&pi=0&ref=search

Since the forgery can be documented and it doesn't specify what was forged, simply forgery and uttering a forged instrument, could back up what I was told years ago, that he'd stolen some checks from his parents, cashed them and was caught.

But with him who knows, from what I've seen record wise, versus what I was told, seems like a whole lotta down playing was done to save his face.

He was charged with and pleaded guilty to "burglary of conveyance".

Since the article didn't specifically "quote" the sheriff, if the "conveyance" happened to be a "home", what I meant to say was, perhaps the journalist(s) that wrote the article took "burglary" of a "home" and chose to use "home invasion" instead.

Nevertheless, the online court record doesn't specify what was actually burglarized. The forgery is in the same document. It also indicates at the time this happened he was on probation.

http://oncoreweb.srccol.com/oncoreweb/showdetails.aspx?id=9638174&rn=3&pi=0&ref=search

Since the forgery can be documented and it doesn't specify what was forged, simply forgery and uttering a forged instrument, could back up what I was told years ago, that he'd stolen some checks from his parents, cashed them and was caught.

But with him who knows, from what I've seen record wise, versus what I was told, seems like a whole lotta down playing was done to save his face.

BBM. If this is true, I wonder if his parents turned him in or he was caught another way?

After reading those letters on Rick's site, from him and his mom, I thought his mom seemed similar to CA, by trying to defend his actions...

BBM. If this is true, I wonder if his parents turned him in or he was caught another way?

After reading those letters on Rick's site, from him and his mom, I thought his mom seemed similar to CA, by trying to defend his actions...

What I was told was that they had no idea who had taken and were cashing the checks and were quite shocked when he was busted, but since it had already been turned over to LE, it was out of their hands.

I have no idea of how true it was, it's just what I'd heard. Will be very interesting to find out for sure.

I'd say 90% of what came out of his mouth was only half truths or flat out lies. The remaining 10% being totally related to martial arts, as that is mostly all he wanted to talk about. It wouldn't matter what the topic of conversation was around him, he would always find a way to bring martial arts into it, even if it was nothing more than, where do we go eat lunch Mc D's or Taco Bell? And he'd respond, with Mc D's, I'm training a girl that works there, type thing.

Same thing with him usually being dressed in some ninja or karate attire, he'd been training someone and hadn't had time to change or he'd been "honing" his "techniques" would be the reasoning.

Any time he would get into sometime kind of trouble and disappear for awhile, he'd always have been setup by someone he considered a "friend". He was portrayed as poor Pat, somebody is always out to take advantage of him.

It's times such as these that I wish I could get in contact with my criminal of relative that had him hanging around far too much for my liking.

In hindsight, they were as the saying goes, "thick as thieves" and now it's known they both have robbery raps from back in those days.

Besides the ninja/karate stuff, it sounds like he's very similar to KC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back