WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last post as hubby is back from Olympia but I couldn't resist after calling myself a witch because of this heat, and adding in all your tips to kool are you feeling like its cold as a witches tit yet? I'm not there yet but am trying to catch up. I have to ask if everyone is actually wearing a bra today. I say, "Let it all hang out" Mahalo keeping trade winds in my mind.

SS i don't feel guilty lol. its only the end of july, i'm not sure about where you are but i know the heat will catch up to us here.

SS i don't feel guilty lol. its only the end of july, i'm not sure about where you are but i know the heat will catch up to us here.
O/T: We have already had one heat wave of over 100 degrees for a couple of weeks, but you are right...August has not arrived! (I won't mention I have central heat n air tho.)

too bad they didn't decide to do that the first day.It makes me think of Jessica L.
I hope it doesn't turn out like that case.
I'm sorry for the sadness of this post.
and I am grateful they are doing due diligence now. moo

I was thinking the same thing - (bolded by me above)
I think I'll probably just cry my eyes out if it turns out bad for LB and right there, so close the entire time. I am so still hoping for LB to be found safe.
If police or FBI came to my door and said "Hey, can we check your home, property, outbuildings, etc. because there is a child missing." I'd be so happy to let them in and help them look. My point is that anytime a child is missing, I wish walk and knocks would be done immediately within a mile or two radius of the last verified place the child was seen. We're all frustrated, I think.
Still praying for LB.

I was thinking the same thing - (bolded by me above)
I think I'll probably just cry my eyes out if it turns out bad for LB and right there, so close the entire time. I am so still hoping for LB to be found safe.
If police or FBI came to my door and said "Hey, can we check your home, property, outbuildings, etc. because there is a child missing." I'd be so happy to let them in and help them look. My point is that anytime a child is missing, I wish walk and knocks would be done immediately within a mile or two radius of the last verified place the child was seen. We're all frustrated, I think.
Still praying for LB.

ITA!!! There have been too many cases where the kids were found very close to where they were last seen!

I think you are right and after five weeks it would be a prime time to conduct such a search.

Gosh, it is hard to believe the temps there! I never thought about it getting that hot in WA. I almost feel guilty about hovering around the 85-90 degree marks.

I feel guilty too. Right now, we're having a "cold front" in Texas with it being 90 degrees.

I was really hoping JVM would say something about this case but NO! It's all about Michael J. over and over and over.

I don't know why ya'll are thinking about paying money for something I'm doing for free.

I have an ice pack (one of those plastic things with the blue liquid in them) stuffed between my cleavage.
I wouldn't even have a bra on if I was home.. but I'm at my DILs house babysitting the grand brat (this heat is not good for 18 month olds)

I think you are right and after five weeks it would be a prime time to conduct such a search.

Gosh, it is hard to believe the temps there! I never thought about it getting that hot in WA. I almost feel guilty about hovering around the 85-90 degree marks.

I hate to note this and to be gruesome, but with the weather around there being as hot as it has been, I think that if Lindsey were no longer with us and her remains were out in the open in the area they would have been found by now due to the smell of human decomposition. And by the same token, if LE is beginning door to door searches, I think that the minute they enter a home the smell will be evident as well.

As long as we're waiting for news:
1221097059-1.gif

Not about Lindsey, but here's a fast amber alert about 100 miles away...:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/51938037.html

Amber Alert issued for 2 missing Kittitas boys

KITTITAS, Wash. -- An Amber Alert has been issued following the disappearance of two boys on Tuesday afternoon.

Investigators believe the boys, ages 3 and 2, are in the custody of their mother, who does not have custody of them. The boys' safety, as well as the safety of their mother are a concern, police said.

Both of the boys are said to have blond hair and blue eyes. A picture was not available.

They're believed to be riding in a light-colored 1998 Ford Explorer with Washington license plate 255 UBD.

Anyone with information on the boys' whereabouts is urged to call 911 immediately.

Not about Lindsey, but here's a fast amber alert about 100 miles away...:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/51938037.html

Amber Alert issued for 2 missing Kittitas boys

KITTITAS, Wash. -- An Amber Alert has been issued following the disappearance of two boys on Tuesday afternoon.

Investigators believe the boys, ages 3 and 2, are in the custody of their mother, who does not have custody of them. The boys' safety, as well as the safety of their mother are a concern, police said.

Both of the boys are said to have blond hair and blue eyes. A picture was not available.

They're believed to be riding in a light-colored 1998 Ford Explorer with Washington license plate 255 UBD.

Anyone with information on the boys' whereabouts is urged to call 911 immediately.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm supposed to get wireless AMBER Alerts for Washington and Oregon, but haven't gotten this one or the one in Oregon yesterday. This is pretty worthless as an Alert though. No photos, and only saying they have blonde hair and blue eyes. No description of the suspect. I guess the vehicle description is good, but come on. What are their names? I hope they are found safe.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm supposed to get wireless AMBER Alerts for Washington and Oregon, but haven't gotten this one or the one in Oregon yesterday. This is pretty worthless as an Alert though. No photos, and only saying they have blonde hair and blue eyes. No description of the suspect. I guess the vehicle description is good, but come on. What are their names? I hope they are found safe.

As you said, but somehow still enough for AA to activate. I hate criteria and protocols. I have never met one that made sense.

Komo 4 just did another nippet about the search in Mc cleary today. Video clip showed investigators fro pierce County knocking on doors, looking in abandon homes. Seems like the report alluded to the search being conducted because they have more experienced LE from Pierce County. This seems better late than never, I guess?

I wonder if Cyber went back? He hasn't been around since I've been back?

Sorry Kimster, my Internet has been out. It goes out in the heat. They were just out yesterday and we thought they had it fixed. Apparently not. It just came back.

Hi all, hope you are all bearing up well during this heat wave, just try to keep the ice packs out of your shorts.

I just did some catch up and listened through the live feed kindly offered by I believe it was Kimster and three things came to mind that I did not see anyone post specificially so I decided that I might toss them out for consideration:

From that feed;

1. The main search, house to house, put it's major focus on the "three blocks where Lindsey seemed to have disappeared." I am assuming that was on Maple between 4th and 6th, so perhaps one or two of the tips had something to do with that area specifically.

2. It sounded like the reason for the new search was because of Pierce County's "past experience" with this type of searching (so it sounds like they may have more experience and better trained dogs than the ones from the last search)

3. The idicated the possibility of "another search tomorrow" at the close of that live feed.

For what it's worth. Keep cool :crazy:

Hi all, hope you are all bearing up well during this heat wave, just try to keep the ice packs out of your shorts.

I just did some catch up and listened through the live feed kindly offered by I believe it was Kimster and three things came to mind that I did not see anyone post specificially so I decided that I might toss them out for consideration:

From that feed;

1. The main search, house to house, put it's major focus on the "three blocks where Lindsey seemed to have disappeared." I am assuming that was on Maple between 4th and 6th, so perhaps one or two of the tips had something to do with that area specifically.

2. It sounded like the reason for the new search was because of Pierce County's "past experience" with this type of searching (so it sounds like they may have more experience and better trained dogs than the ones from the last search)

3. The idicated the possibility of "another search tomorrow" at the close of that live feed.

For what it's worth. Keep cool :crazy:

I don't know when they did this, but when Kimster asked me to go look earlier, I was looking for anything, teams wandering, LE, extra LE vehicles and I saw absolutely nothing. Maybe they did that earlier today before it got hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419