OH - Tommie Johnson for attempted murder of baby & 2yo, Dayton, 2009

Baron Bates is the young man who found the children in the dumpster outside Felty Electric. Right now he's a hero to those 2 precious babes.

I thought they were in a big metal bin, but it was just one of those slightly larger than private use, dark green ones. Those babies were burning up in there.

What he did is completely symbolic of all the other parents before him who leave their child's body on the side of the road or in a ditch somewhere.. He just skipped the step of killing them first. Instead leaving them to die a slow painful death. Too bad we no longer practice an eye for an eye. I have no problem at all giving anyone who intensionally hurts a child, the same treatment they did to the child. in his case there were 2 babies so we would nurse him back to health and do it again.

Are there other charges he can face for refusing to tell LE where he left them and for torture? Attempted murder maybe?

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime/2-kids-found-in-trash-bin-now-in-foster-care-222717.html

Johnson Jr. said he dumped his biological daughter and her infant brother in a trash bin because he wanted them to go to "a better place."

(Can this be considered a confession of attempted murder?)

A handcuffed Johnson then said he had a lapse "in judgment" as he was led to Montgomery County Jail about 10:30 a.m. Monday.

Dayton police, along with area law-enforcement agencies, combed East Dayton all night, while detectives continued to question Tommie L. Johnson Jr. at police headquarters.
U.S. Marshals offered their services in the search, along with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.
"We were going door-to-door, after establishing a bull's-eye (the center of the search) and branched out," Lt. Patrick Welsh said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will take them-offer is on the table CPS. What a way to start your life out...:confused::furious:

So many people would take them and give them a good loving home. :cry:

Sad to say just about anything would be an improvement of at least the last 24 hours they were with their "parents".
:rolleyes:
:furious:

It definitely sounds like she deserves to lose custody after more information was revealed. I am in no way a proponent of children remaining with abusive or neglectful parents. However, when I worked for an attorney who specialized in domestic issues, I saw how heavy-handed OCS (CPS) can be, and also how the foster system can be lacking. Many OCS workers are caring individuals, but some are just putting in time and/or pushing their own agendas. Likewise, some foster parents are dedicated souls who open their homes to traumatized children and shower them with love and care, while others are abusive themselves and don't spend their monthly stipend on the kids at all. It's a sad situation all around and many factors need to be weighed in making the decision to remove children from the home. I'm not emotionally tough enough to tackle that job - I'd probably have a house filled with foster kids, just like I do with rescue dogs!

Well, case closed-let the dude go...he had a lapse in judgment. He was just trying to get them to a better place.

Good God.

Man accused of dumping kids in trash bin to face new charges
Including Four Counts of Attempted Murder

The man accused of putting two small children in a trash bin after a reported domestic dispute with their mother now faces new charges, including attempted murder.
Montgomery County prosecutors filed the charges against Tommie L. Johnson Jr. on Thursday, July 30. They include three felony counts of domestic violence, four counts of attempted murder, and three counts of attempted felonious assault.
Those charges are in addition to four felony counts of kidnapping, three counts of domestic violence, two counts of endangering children and single counts of inducing panic and tampering with evidence filed Tuesday.

In handcuffs, Johnson still refused to tell a detective the whereabouts of the children. Montgomery County Jail records show he has been arrested eight times since 2003. Johnson had just confessed to police after 12 hours of interrogation that he dumped his 23-month-old daughter, Ashonti Johnson, and her 8-month-old brother, Tommie Johnson III, in an empty but dirty city-issued bin, officials said.

Baron Bates, 23, of Beavercreek, said he heard Ashonti crying, opened the lid of the trash bin and found the children covered in stinky mud and soaking wet from sweat. The children had been in the bin for about 13 hours, Dayton police said. About an hour after the children were found, Ashonti's father, Tommie Lee Johnson Jr., 39, confessed to dumping them in the trash bin, Sgt. Tom Flanders said. They were treated at Children’s Medical Center. Johnson, 39, has said he put the kids in the bin, but intended to retrieve them.

Montgomery County Children's Services has a previous case involving Whitehead. County court records show Whitehead has no criminal record.
In 2005, two other daughters, now 4 and 5, were removed from her custody and placed with a relative, spokeswoman Ann Stevens said.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kids rescued from trash bin get out-of-town help

These sweet, innocent babies have more than one guardian angel

Vince Blumberg, a 37-year-old businessman from Grand Rapids, Mich., was thumbing through his local paper Tuesday, July 28, when he saw a photo of Ashonti Johnson.
The accompanying text told the tale: On Monday, 23-month-old Ashonti and her 8-month-old brother, Tommie Johnson III, were found by two electricians in a trash bin in Dayton. Police investigations showed that Ashonti’s father, Tommie Johnson Jr., took the children from their mother and put them in the bin Sunday night.
Blumberg’s first call went to Bristol, Tenn., to Sam Brumit, 56, senior pastor at Central Christian Church. The two have been acquainted about 18 months and talk often regarding their shared interest in helping children.
Their conversation was how to help the two otherwise unknown children.
The call resulted in Blumberg driving to Dayton, Brumit flying in and meeting him at the airport. They bought more than $300 worth of necessities for the children, who have been placed in foster care by Montgomery County Children Services.
The act, Children Services officials said, is an example of the giving spirit often displayed by particularly gripping stories about children in distress. In this case, that spirit arrived on a road trip and a boarding pass.
“This story caught me, and I knew I had to do something,” Blumberg said. “That guy who found the kids, when he heard those kids, he didn’t hesitate. He knew he had to help them, and that’s the same feeling we had.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"While Ashonti's biological father stands accused of putting her and her brother in the trash can, Children's Services said Whitehead, 27, has her own problems. "We have issues to discuss including the failure to protect her children," Stevens said.

Case workers are looking into the safety of the home where Whitehead and Johnson lived.

:parrot:

Man who dumped kids in trash had taken them from home before

Officers responded to the children’s home in December after their mother, Alisha Whitehead, called police to report a domestic violence incident.
Whitehead, 27, told officers then her boyfriend, Tommie L. Johnson Jr., 39, took and walked the children to his wife’s house, according to a police report.

Whitehead said Johnson hit her in front of their then 17-month-old daughter Ashonti Johnson. A domestic violence packet was completed and Johnson was arrested on charges of public intoxication on Dec. 11.

Johnson and Whitehead have had numerous experiences with police. Johnson has been arrested at least eight times since 2003 on charges related to domestic violence, public intoxication and assault.

Whitehead was arrested in June for soliciting an undercover Dayton police officer according to a police report. Whitehead offered to perform a sex act on the officer for $20, the report stated. Whitehead told the officer she did not prostitute often, but (she) needed money to feed her children. She also said she had a drug problem and smoked crack, the report stated. She pleaded guilty to a prostitution charge in Dayton Municipal Court on July 7.

Those poor babies. I feel for the mother. But her 2 older kids were removed from her custody in 2005. :slap: She has had 4 years to clean up her act, :banghead: instead she has continued to do drugs, :loser:(crack no less) she had 2 more babies (by 2 more sperm donors) :furious: including this Johnson. (I really don't get this, there is a picture of Johnson on one of the links. This guy has a wife and a girlfriend??:confused: ) The wife apparently lives walking distance from the gf! How many strikes against them were these babies born with? :cry: How many chances does a breeder get? :waitasec: Why did she have custody of these 2? :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man who dumped kids in trash had taken them from home before

Officers responded to the children’s home in December after their mother, Alisha Whitehead, called police to report a domestic violence incident.
Whitehead, 27, told officers then her boyfriend, Tommie L. Johnson Jr., 39, took and walked the children to his wife’s house, according to a police report.

Whitehead said Johnson hit her in front of their then 17-month-old daughter Ashonti Johnson. A domestic violence packet was completed and Johnson was arrested on charges of public intoxication on Dec. 11.

Johnson and Whitehead have had numerous experiences with police. Johnson has been arrested at least eight times since 2003 on charges related to domestic violence, public intoxication and assault.

Whitehead was arrested in June for soliciting an undercover Dayton police officer according to a police report. Whitehead offered to perform a sex act on the officer for $20, the report stated. Whitehead told the officer she did not prostitute often, but (she) needed money to feed her children. She also said she had a drug problem and smoked crack, the report stated. She pleaded guilty to a prostitution charge in Dayton Municipal Court on July 7.

Those poor babies. I feel for the mother. But her 2 older kids were removed from her custody in 2005. :slap: She has had 4 years to clean up her act, :banghead: instead she has continued to do drugs, :loser:(crack no less) she had 2 more babies (by 2 more sperm donors) :furious: including this Johnson. (I really don't get this, there is a picture of Johnson on one of the links. This guy has a wife and a girlfriend??:confused: ) The wife apparently lives walking distance from the gf! How many strikes against them were these babies born with? :cry: How many chances does a breeder get? :waitasec: Why did she have custody of these 2? :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THis just BURNS ME UP! There are SO many women that CAN'T have children and scum bags like this produce and abuse more and more each day! I do think there is a special place for hell for people like this and even though it goes against my religious beliefs to want revenge, I sure hope the kids get a front row seat when it happens!!!!!!!!!

THis just BURNS ME UP! There are SO many women that CAN'T have children and scum bags like this produce and abuse more and more each day! I do think there is a special place for hell for people like this and even though it goes against my religious beliefs to want revenge, I sure hope the kids get a front row seat when it happens!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe it goes against any religious beliefs to want justice....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.whiotv.com/news/23292454/detail.html
Posted: 2:32 pm EDT April 28, 2010
Updated: 5:24 pm EDT April 28, 2010

DAYTON, Ohio -- A man who put his two children inside a trash can and left them there after he got into an argument with their mother has been sentenced.

Tommie Johnson Jr., 39, appeared in court Wednesday afternoon and was sentenced to a total of 17 years in prison.

In November, a judge entered pleas of not guilty on charges that included attempted murder. Johnson's bond was set at $1 million.

Police said Johnson left his 23-month-old daughter, Ashonti, and her 8-month-old brother, Tommie Johnson III, in a Dumpster in July 2009 after he got into a fight with the children’s mother.

Johnson appeared before Judge Michael Tucker and broke down and cried. He said, “I'm so sorry. May God forgive me

god may forgive you, i wont.

he's the one that belongs in the trash.

the same bible that says 'turn the other cheek' says 'eye for an eye'. i say we dump him in the trash and then say 'i had a lapse in judgement'

Gayle Bullard, Director of Montgomery County Children's Services said, the trash can was a “plastic prison” that the summer heat turned into a “deadly oven.”

The two children were found dehydrated and covered in filth. The two children were then placed in the care of a foster family.

Johnson went on to say "I wasn't trying to hurt my babies. I just made a foolish, stupid mistake."

If leaving the children to be baked in a trashbin was just careless parenting I'd hate to know what he'd do if he was trying to hurt them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back