Keeping Haleigh's Story In The Public Eye: Events & Ideas

I could not find a thread on Marie, so I will post here. Mod's please move as needed. TIA

"snip" August 8, 4:57 PMCrime Examiner Cindy Adams
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...l-missing-donate-school-supplies-in-her-honor

M.Griffis also released a statement about her granddaughter saying,

It's been an agonizing six months since my granddaughter’s disappearance and it is pure torture waking up each morning wondering where she may be… I never imagined ever having to go through such pain, but we will get up and continue in our daily task of finding HaLeigh… This is just the beginning of our efforts to find HaLeigh. We will never stop looking for HaLeigh and never give up even when the road gets rough… Please, if anyone has information pertaining to HaLeigh's disappearance… call and report it to the authorities listed. I beg that if you have HaLeigh please just drop her off somewhere; in a hospital, fire department, local supermarket or shopping mall. Someone out there has her or knows what happened! I am begging of you, please come forward so we can end this nightmare…”

I got an email back from AMW and they have Haleigh on the front of the site today, they also got her on the list of missing kids. They thanked me for calling it to their attention.

I got an email back from AMW and they have Haleigh on the front of the site today, they also got her on the list of missing kids. They thanked me for calling it to their attention.

Thanks, Bern ! I'm glad that when people look at the AMW website for Missing Children in Florida, Haleigh will be included again. Hot dog - we actually accomplished something ! :blowkiss:

I don't know where else to put this idea, so if it is inappropriate here please move to the appropriate thread mods.

Since Monday is Haleigh's birthday, I will be celebrating it with the balloon release and prayers for her and her family. After releasing the balloons, I will light a candle on the "birthday cupcake" my sister is making for Haleigh (she works as a cake decorator), sing Happy Birthday, and wish for her return as I blow out the candle.

I know this doesn't exactly bring Haleigh into the public eye, but I thought I would share in case others would like to do the same.

I don't know where else to put this idea, so if it is inappropriate here please move to the appropriate thread mods.

Since Monday is Haleigh's birthday, I will be celebrating it with the balloon release and prayers for her and her family. After releasing the balloons, I will light a candle on the "birthday cupcake" my sister is making for Haleigh (she works as a cake decorator), sing Happy Birthday, and wish for her return as I blow out the candle.

I know this doesn't exactly bring Haleigh into the public eye, but I thought I would share in case others would like to do the same.

That is so sweet, it makes me want to cry....

I am glad the families came together for the Haleighs Closet event - it is too darn bad the news media cannot get the timing of these events correctly so people can participate.

I am glad the families came together for the Haleighs Closet event - it is too darn bad the news media cannot get the timing of these events correctly so people can participate.

Oh, I'm so glad that both sides came together on this!! I asked in another thread... thanks, Busy, this is really good news! Has any of the local media covered this event, does anyone know?

Have heard that channel 4 did local coverage and had it on their broadcast showing RC and Crystal talking but I havent seen that video online yet -hopefully soon it will be.

Oh, I'm so glad that both sides came together on this!! I asked in another thread... thanks, Busy, this is really good news! Has any of the local media covered this event, does anyone know?

Oh my. What a tearjerker!!

All those birthdays. It sure hits home how absolutely heartbreaking Monday is going to be for HaLeigh's family.

This picture really was tough to look at:

turning5.jpg

This looks like it was last year when HaLeigh turned 5 years old. :(

What a sad, sad video. Baby girl should be home with her family that loves her!

Balloon Release for Haleigh Cummings

Posted By: Jonathan Feldmann
bullet1.gif
Created: 8/16/2009 11:19:52 PM
bullet1.gif
Updated: 8/16/2009 11:45:35 PM
adlabel_horz.gif

PALATKA, FL -- Relatives of Haleigh Cummings held a balloon release in hopes of keeping the search for the missing girl alive.
About 100 family and friends released purple and red balloons, Haliegh's favorite colors, into the air to honor the 5-year-old. Monday is her 6th birthday.
Haleigh's family is asking for people across the country to print Haleigh's flyer from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children web site, put it in a balloon and release it Monday for a national balloon release. They ask that the balloons be released at 2:16 p.m. which is the time she was born.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=143445&catid=3

familyvigil.jpg

Service For Haleigh's 6th Birthday

Balloons With Flyers Inside Released

POSTED: Sunday, August 16, 2009
UPDATED: 11:44 pm EDT August 16, 2009

WELAKA, Fla. -- The family of missing a missing Putnam County girl came together Sunday for a prayer service the day before Haleigh Cummings will turn six.Haleigh's family held a service at the First Baptist Church in Welaka on Sunday. Afterward, they released red and purple balloons -- each one stuffed with a flyer of Haleigh's information.Haleigh's family said they hope someone will see the flyer and be able to help police find her.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20424465/detail.html

Caj, Who is that with Junior? Can you tell?

Looks like Tim. Let me look at the video again and see if that is what shirt he had on

Edited: Tim had on a yellow shirt. Maybe it's someone from the church or a friend. Wish we could see his face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back