J. Wood AKA Mr. Mantis, Manatee, etc.

There is a Jerry Wood in the sailing industry that died so maybe someone got them mixed up.

Don't really remember....sorry. Just remember coming across that info when I first heard of Jerry Wood and "googled" his name.

My apology for posting in the wrong place. That is why I hate posting anything. :)

It's OK. It can get confusing when multiple people are involved.

We need everyone's help. Keep posting.

It is good to keep things organized for review but sometimes the characters become intertwined. :cool:

Jerry Wood owned the Manatee Corp. that he formed supposedly to protect his investment for when Jr. screwed up the money he loaned him, which he did.

Wood also owned Mantis Funding Corp.

It is very common in this area for people to have nick names. Sometimes they're just friendly names that you called somebody and they stick. Or, in this case it could even be looked at as a deceptive way to talk about someone.

Would be real easy for me to believe they Called Mr Wood - Mr. Manatee and Mr. Mantis, after his businesses.

It is also really common for people to form LLCs (Limited Liability Corporations) to protect each individual project they are involved in. If it goes bankrupt or is sued, it is supposed to protect their personal assets and other businesses or LLCs. Only the assets in that particular LLC are available.

I have not been able to read every document yet, but the ones I did, I took notes on. :)

In http://pnj.com/assets/pdf/DP140684817.PDF

I saw this:
pg 32/doc. #749, Wiggins grills Jr about Lonnie Smith; W says he is taking over for Mantis; Smith has been to Mantis’ house; can identify; others said Mantis died;

pg 33/doc 750 2 yrs ago Mantis was in the background of a meeting at his house, Wiggins was there

pg 74/doc 791 Smith says he has been in Mantis’ house in Gulf Breeze
pg 75/doc 792 Smith says Mantis is nickname, real name Jerry, Smith recognizes picture

Hope this helps.

Don't really remember....sorry. Just remember coming across that info when I first heard of Jerry Wood and "googled" his name.

I saw that also. There was a Jerry Wood that founded the famous Annapolis boat shows and Sailing School. Says he died in 2003.

If the Sheriff's department just interviewed Jerry Wood at the end of July, he was alive during the time of the crime and an intimate of LPG Jrs. All of these guys are master liars from the sound of it. . .

I promise you he is very alive!! I saw him at Winn Dixie (grocery store) today actually. He was getting around quite well too. He certainly wasn't as frail as he made himself sound to the police.

Daisy, have you seen an old brown El Camino driving around GB? If you do, it's him!

I promise you he is very alive!! I saw him at Winn Dixie (grocery store) today actually. He was getting around quite well too. He certainly wasn't as frail as he made himself sound to the police.

Daisy, have you seen an old brown El Camino driving around GB? If you do, it's him!

I was at Winn Dixie today, too (this morning). I'll definitely be looking for the El Camino (gonna have to look up what the car looks like). Guess he's not the BMW guy?

250px-74_El_Camino.jpg

There's definitely not many of these in GB.

No, I don't think he's the BMW guy.

That's the El Camino. It's an ugly old car, but my husband says it's a rare vintage one. Isn't Pam's Buick a vintage collector car as well?

No, I don't think he's the BMW guy.

That's the El Camino. It's an ugly old car, but my husband says it's a rare vintage one. Isn't Pam's Buick a vintage collector car as well?

Uh, ha! ... a tie possibly for PW through JW to the car industry?
Just speculatin' ... :blowkiss:

There's another old brown el-camino driver in GB also. He has been driving that thing around there since the 70's. Super nice guy.

I am coming in on this tail end - received info from the other way around and now reading these docs.

Oh Sigh - What Martini has posted seems to be correct. Not the "nice" guy - Friends with the Poff family and Patrick for many years etc ...

Also - as I am being told supposely did a lot of pay in cash business relating to construction - so this makes sense why we can't find any of it in public records!!!!!

Oh yeah I did see the elcamino on a social networking site as well. I think this person is more important than being led to believe.

I still think Jerry has more to do with this than what is meeting the "public" eye.

I still think Jerry has more to do with this than what is meeting the "public" eye.

In your sluething, did you ever come up with any connection to Bud? I agree he (Jerry) is an "influential" guy, with his hands in alot of things...

I think we need to keep digging here - this poor thread has up and gone - guilty myself of it.

I would appreciate people digging on this.

Today is my birthday. I would have received a call, no matter where in the world I was. She always knew where to find me. I did not get my call today, nor will I ever again. So, for my birthday, give me the answer to the unanswered questions. Give the proof that I know is out there. Help me put my friend to rest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back