The Surveillance System and The Tapes

Usually I'm all "Roll the tape!" but is there anything to be gained from it?

Well said.

What could possibly be gained from allowing these tapes to be broadcast all over the internet?

I bet these people that think for some reason they have a right to see the last minutes of these peoples lives and the pictures of their dead bodies would be the first ones jumping up and down screaming "Hell No!" if these were tapes and photos of members of their family.

What is "lost" by making the tapes available? If YOU don't want to view them, simply don't. I think the tapes show some important realities in this case. One thing that is obvious, the children were "off limits" considering the child was left to roam the living area while the executions took place. Second, they show that the murders were NOT the result of a violent struggle, they were obviously planned. Third, it shows the perps had no interest in stealing other valuables, just the contents of the small safe. Fourth, it shows the value of a surveillance system in catching the perps and verifying their testimony under questioning.

What is "lost" by making the tapes available? .
The tapes are available. They’re just not available to be splashed all over you-tube or the media outlets

If YOU don't want to view them, simply don't. .
If you really want to see them, haul yourself down to the courthouse and watch. All you have to do is suit up and show up.

I think the tapes show some important realities in this case. One thing that is obvious, the children were "off limits" considering the child was left to roam the living area while the executions took place. Second, they show that the murders were NOT the result of a violent struggle, they were obviously planned. .
Really? When Bud resisted, he was beaten and shot multiple times. Sounds kinda violent to me.

Third, it shows the perps had no interest in stealing other valuables, just the contents of the small safe.
Could it be they ran after they figured out Bud wasn’t going to give them the combination to the big safe or anything else they wanted, even after being shot twice in the legs before being executed? Not to mention after they fired 16 rounds they figured maybe it was time to go.

Fourth, it shows the value of a surveillance system in catching the perps and verifying their testimony under questioning.

The biggest value was in that it gave LE the opportunity to plaster the red van all over the news which basically led to putting 8 people behind bars.

Do you really think the public is going to see something extra on those tapes that trained LE officers have been studying for weeks?

The goal here is to catch the people that did this. Mission Accomplished.

There is absolutely no way splashing the photos and tapes all over the media is going to help the prosecution of this case. If there were, the judge would have allowed it. The ONLY thing allowing these tapes will accomplish, would be to needlessly allow everybody in the country easy access in viewing the last moments of a man and his wife before they were brutally murdered. Not to mention the actions of their terrified children.

Who in their right mind would feel the need to watch that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back