Check Fraud case information

I went to wesh.com today to see if anything on KC - a survey was offered and I took it - One question wanted to know what channel etc I watched for local news and those listed were local to Orlando but one choice was "other" - I put in none of the above because I am in Oklahoma. All of the hits to Orlando news sites are not all local people - worth taking the survey just for the "other" question.

I'm skeptical that they seem to be using the notoriety of the murder trial to get the fraudulent check trial venue changed. Since they have been divided into two separate trials ~ can they legally still use this argument? Are they allowed to commingle them when it's to their advantage?

Paragraph 3a says, "This case has become the most important local news story in Orlando."

And then on page 15 they say, "Orlando Sentinel readers ranked the story third, behind only the state and local budget problems and tropical storm Fay, in the top state/local news stories of 2008."

They can't even keep their facts straight in a 25 page document. Is there hope for them in court? They try to blow things out of proportion that don't even need it.

"Internet based publicity"...hate to say this Jose but the interent is EVERYWHERE even in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm beach. I think this entire shananigan is hysterical. Why this paragraph is included in the motion is well beyond me. It just doesn't fit with what they are trying to do. They are trying to convince the judge that Orlando isn't a good place for trial. The interent is world wide for crying out loud.

I also think it's funny that they said this case was "the most important" news story in Orlando..the most important? I would call it MANY things, but "most important" would not be one of them. jmo

ETA--- thanks MM for getting the docs..we can always count on you!!!:woohoo:

My bold :woohoo: Then maybe they'll move the trial to Texas! Nutin' like some good old Texas justice!
On a serious note... what a shock it's going to be for JB when he realizes just what a large portion of the rest of the world believes "Miss Anthony" should be executed. It's not just those in Orlando JB!

HO BOY!! I wish that could happen!!

Honestly it would be funny, IMO if she ends up NOT in Miami, as she hopes, but in the panhandle. It's a whole different ballgame there!!

Honestly it would be funny, IMO if she ends up NOT in Miami, as she hopes, but in the panhandle. It's a whole different ballgame there!!

OMGosh, that would be wonderful. With all our military bases here and comparatively small cities I doubt he would find a very hospitable jury. But maybe we could draw his vote with our pure white sand beaches ~ I hear that's a "counter" on their score card. :woohoo: (Do you know our area DaughterAlice?)

Respectfully snipped:
At several points in this motion, I actually had to go back to the beginning to make sure I was reading the motion for COV for the check fraud, not the murder. Sheeze ......... what a waste of paper and time.

WTH? Utter nonsense! The judge should play every last appearance made by JB, GA, and CA in the media, make them sit and endure it and then SHUT THEM DOWN on every COV motion for both the check forging case and murder trial.

The sense of entitlement of these morons just gives me a headache.

My bold :woohoo: Then maybe they'll move the trial to Texas! Nutin' like some good old Texas justice!
On a serious note... what a shock it's going to be for JB when he realizes just what a large portion of the rest of the world believes "Miss Anthony" should be executed. It's not just those in Orlando JB!

What you say!!...WE DON"T PLAY IN TEXAS! We will fry/shoot you up for real here. And a baby killer??? Hell, the inmates would handle KC before she could make it to death row. :woohoo:

JB says that the case "has become the most important case" in Orlando... but then he goes on to list all of the NATIONAL coverage the case is receiving..... he seems to be one very confused attorney....

This motion is so ridiculous, it is just laughable.

Yep.....and to add....have a large hispanic demographic, AND are also his old "stompin grounds". Just look at sunbiz.org and see how many corps he is or was affiliated with in those counties alone. He has a greater probablility of seating his dream jury if he requests a COV to a North Fl. town such as Pensacola, Jax, PC, etc....

ITA with you! He would have a better chance at seating a jury in NFL BUT we do believe in the DP here.

I'm in the Florida Panhandle and I welcome them here with open arms. People would be surprised at the number of people that don't have internet or cable tv in my home town. I live about an hour from there now. Even where I'm at now, I haven't heard a lot of people discuss the case.

I'd volunteer to sit on the jury; I could be impartial. Bring it JB and co! :dance:

I seriously doubt Judge Strickland will move the check fraud trial. I live in Florida and frankly we are sick of feeding that little murderer let alone paying for a trial to move to another county. If they think the protesting outside KC's home was bad imagine what that couthouse would look like filled with protesters waving their tax bills at Judge Strickland.

I love Number 2b (second page 1st item)

The media has published photographs which would be inadmissible? Really? Which photographs? The ones of her writing the check at Target, or at the other Target? Or the check she cashed to herself at BOA? Those were Sunshine law JB, maybe you should read up on that. How would those be inadmissible? OHHH wait... they wouldn't be!

I still can NOT understand why she doesn't plea to these charges and get it over with? She was caught red-flippin-handed for crying out loud!

OK...maybe the coffee hasn't gotten to all my "think" cells yet...but isn't this COV almost like cutting off your nose to spite your face?
By moving the check trial to somewhere else....where the defense believes there basically hasn't been as much media coverage....isn't that in effect BRINGING media coverage to a "smaller" case....so when the murder trial comes up for decision of COV, THOSE area's will now be supposedly "biased" against her due to the check trial....is this making any sense..?

OK...maybe the coffee hasn't gotten to all my "think" cells yet...but isn't this COV almost like cutting off your nose to spite your face?
By moving the check trial to somewhere else....where the defense believes there basically hasn't been as much media coverage....isn't that in effect BRINGING media coverage to a "smaller" case....so when the murder trial comes up for decision of COV, THOSE area's will now be supposedly "biased" against her due to the check trial....is this making any sense..?

I was just cleaning and came to that conclusion myself. I actually took a break to come and post that thought! LOL! GMTA and all!

It seems to me it would poison the jury pool in whatever area they move it to regardless if the murder trial is moved to an area other than the area the check fraud trial is moved to. It'll make it statewide news with the counties wondering who will get which trial.

I sure hope I'm making sense, the bleach fumes are getting to me...

COV for the check case?? RIDICULOUS!

Btw.....aren't all the rich people down in Miami/Dade county? Aren't rich people usually conservatives? Don't conservatives believe in harsh sentences and the DP? I think their motto is......"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

MOO

First, FWIW, I live in Palm Beach County and believe me, every single person I've talked to or asked about KC is familiar with the case. To what extent is another thing but they know who she is and have a premonition as to what she did to Caylee. And also FWIW, as a registered voter in this wonderful county (LOL), I experienced the "hanging chads" and so-forth during the 2000 elections. I can honestly say without a doubt that I am 110% sure of who I voted for. My opinion is there was a lot of corruption with that election. But that's JMO and is OT.

I'd like to know, out of curiosity if it hasn't been explored yet, what JB's past clients have pleaded. Even if they were obviously guilty. I wonder if has typically encouraged his clients to plead not guilty in past trials?

And as far as him wanting to move the check fraud trial, that is absolutely ridiculous. I can't imagine the judge agreeing to this. I feel sorry for Amy still, she was such a good friend and KC did nothing but ruin her good name and is still dragging her through the mud. Not to mention the countless other people whose lives KC has destroyed....

COV for the check case?? RIDICULOUS!

Btw.....aren't all the rich people down in Miami/Dade county? Aren't rich people usually conservatives? Don't conservatives believe in harsh sentences and the DP? I think their motto is......"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

MOO

There is a very diverse population in M-D County. There is quite a large Cuban pop. and they tend to be conservative.

The fact that the SAO has never, never, never spoken to the media and JB and Co. have appeared on HOW MANY TV SHOWS? should give Judge S grounds for his ruling denying the Motion for COV. REDONKULOUS. Uhhh, also the ittle bitty fact that a major network show - 48 Hours- is doing a cover of this case? WTH...are they crazy...don't answer that.

I am just lost I guess.
Can Baez really file motions that are in more regard to the murder case than the check fraud case?
COV? I must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning..I guess that the videos of her committing check fraud will look different to someone else further south? Uh...will the jurors down south see her purchasing diapers instead of beer? And still so, it wasn't her check so use so what is really the point of a COV? Honestly, she could take this case to Ethiopia where the local jurors wouldn't speak english, yet they would still see the videos and find her guilty!
:banghead::banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back