People Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Jaycee's public unveiling was orchestrated to maximize her recovery. She wishes to protect her minor children, who are also victims and they probably would like something that resembles a normal life once this dies down. I can fully understand the strategy.
Yes, she got paid for it. As well she should have. Jaycee has to take back control of her life. This is one of the best ways to go about that. It was reaching a breaking point, go public or go paparazzi, but the story was going to go, and soon. She kept her control, she managed the situation.
I'm sure that the need was seen for the story to break in a reputable publication, so that was done. And I'm sure that money is a concern, as the sheer amount of bills that will pile up from therapy alone is staggering. For some of these victims, there is the possibility of a civil suit down the line, but I don't see Jaycee going for that.
She is no longer a child, she is a woman that has been through a horrible prolonged ordeal. During that ordeal, she remained mentally sound, educated, socialized, polite, intelligent, and fully capable. I have no doubt that if she didn't approve of the money offered, or if she didn't feel that she was fully ready, she wouldn't have appeared.
The reasons behind this were not only to thank the public, that was one reason and it was the one given. The others, like the fact that she needs control to heal, have no need to be given.
In essence, People didn't use Jaycee, Jaycee used us to further her recovery.

jaycee even doing this means she is on her way to recovery. i dont care how much money she got. i hope she socked them for a ton in fact. and if 'using us' helps her recovery that's good too. im also certian she really is thankful for our support.

I never insinuated that her using us in her recovery is a bad thing. If that woman wants to use my face as a standing post to get where she needs to go, she is more than welcome. I'm sure she is grateful too. But that is not the only reason that she went public when she did. Assuming so would be narcissistic on the behalf of the public.

And I hope she socked them too. If anyone deserves money for their stories, it isn't the celebrities, it's the true heroes, like Jaycee.

I never insinuated that her using us in her recovery is a bad thing. If that woman wants to use my face as a standing post to get where she needs to go, she is more than welcome. I'm sure she is grateful too. But that is not the only reason that she went public when she did. Assuming so would be narcissistic on the behalf of the public.

wasnt insuating anything nomykids.......was actually trying to second what you were saying ;)

Sorry, kbl. I know we don't always agree when it comes to this particular event, so...
I was not irritated with you, I am more irritated that it seems some people (and I don't mean just here on the board, just a general statement) seem to think that Jaycee is still 11 years old and needs to be treated as such. But, everything I have seen and read, says that she is competent, at the very least. I want to give her a little bit of credit for being able to make her own decisions, although I'm sure she asks for input from her therapists and family.

Sorry, kbl. I know we don't always agree when it comes to this particular event, so...
I was not irritated with you, I am more irritated that it seems some people (and I don't mean just here on the board, just a general statement) seem to think that Jaycee is still 11 years old and needs to be treated as such. But, everything I have seen and read, says that she is competent, at the very least. I want to give her a little bit of credit for being able to make her own decisions, although I'm sure she asks for input from her therapists and family.

on the contrary she had to grow up way too fast just to survive that monster and what he did to her. so yeah she's very grown up. i just wish, as all of us do, that she was able to be a kid before she was an adult ;0)

Yes it is a brilliant strategy. But no one talks about the elephant in the room - the money. Someone (mom or a professional?) is managing Jaycee's coming out to maximize profit.

For example, when I, or any company, want to "thank the public", it is with a nationwide newpaper spread - not by selling something the rags want as thanks.

This said, Jaycee deserves all the money she can collect. I'm just skeptical about the truth of the intentions. I'm not so sure Jaycee cares about thanking us more than the money made doing so.

You can be sure her managers will not "cross the ethics line" and allow the children to be used in the stategy.

No one nor any amount of money can ever replace the years and innocence taken from her. I hope she makes enough money from the press and media that she and her children can live out the rest of their lives in seclusion if that is what they desire.

I don't think she or her family have dubious intentions. I think they just wanted to ease the minds of well wishers. Some publication was bound to break the silence eventually.

Why shouldn't she make money for providing her picture for the curious to see? Why should she let the media invade her privacy without compensation?

Law enforcement failed her miserably.

No one nor any amount of money can ever replace the years and innocence taken from her. I hope she makes enough money from the press and media that she and her children can live out the rest of their lives in seclusion if that is what they desire.

I don't think she or her family have dubious intentions. I think they just wanted to ease the minds of well wishers. Some publication was bound to break the silence eventually.

Why shouldn't she make money for providing her picture for the curious to see? Why should she let the media invade her privacy without compensation?

Law enforcement failed her miserably.

she deserves so much more then money.she deserves every happiness possible. her and her entire family. this is a big step in her healing, beyond what the money wil bring

Wow! That IS amazing! Both of them, really, but especially the progression from infant to young adult!

Do you feel it is more of an art, as opposed to a science?
Or, is it a combination of both?
I'm wondering if there is mathematics and measuring involved, similar to the designing of blueprints?

IMO I believe it to be a combination of both art & science/mathematics. Studying all family pictures of both sides of a family at the same age of someone missing....look at all family photos available of the age you want to draw. Look at the unique bone structure, eyes, etc. to than make your drawing using all of the tools above. It really does fascinate me how close the drawings are.

I do think Jaycee being found is a miracle & will benefit other cold cases with what they are learning from her case.

Just knowing how close the age progression drawings are should encourage everyone to pay attention to them even more than we might have in the past.

:angel:

This is very interesting how close they got with these two case with their artists renderings! As an artists myself I find this type of art work amazing. This is something I want to try to experiment on my own doing. :yes:

This image of Sara Eghbal-Brin shows the girl when she went missing at age 3 in France, left. The center image shows a composite of what forensic artists believed she might look like at age 7. The photo at right shows the girl at age 8 after she was recovered.
ht_sarah_eghbal_brinn_091014_main.jpg

Aric Austin went missing in 1981 just shy of being two months old, left. The NCMEC created an age-progression composite of what he might look like in his late teens or early 20s, center. A federal investigator recognized Austin and reunited him with his mother when he was 22.
ht_aric_091014_main.jpg

:angel:

Thank you for posting these, I think they are really interesting and informative. Shame that people magazine apparently is not OK with using their cover picture along with Jaycee's age-progressed image, which shows again how these can potentially work. I am hoping that after the magazine is actually released, they might be OK with such things posted eventually? (won't come from me though!) I wonder if it is ever OK to use? After all, the pictures will always be theirs?

Wonder if they will consider reworking Michaela Garecht's age progressed image, maybe darkening her hair a bit or anything, considering what we can see about Jaycee. Michaela's age progressed photo is so similar to Jaycee's, even down to the hairstyles they chose.
MGarecht1.jpg

Was there ever an age progression done for Ilene? I know she was a little older but surely her looks would have changed from a braces-wearing teen...

I got my copy of People and for those of you that don't have it, it's worth the $4.

The one thing I did find interesting is that a lot of magazines are running statements from Carl, who per People, has not seen Jaycee or her daughters. That little tidbit speaks volumes for me, but that's a different post. She looks great, and as I had assumed, she has no intentions of going back to go forward, she just wants to go forward.

I got my copy of People and for those of you that don't have it, it's worth the $4.

The one thing I did find interesting is that a lot of magazines are running statements from Carl, who per People, has not seen Jaycee or her daughters. That little tidbit speaks volumes for me, but that's a different post. She looks great, and as I had assumed, she has no intentions of going back to go forward, she just wants to go forward.

Is the magazine already in the stores? I thought it was going to be tomorrow.

not sure what the situation is with carl. is he scared to visit? do they want to give jaycee time. i dont know. unlike the sleyton situation i hope carl is involved in her life. the fact that he is shanya's dad and is still technically married to terri kinda rules out that he will just go away.
the fact that carl is the first person terry called i thought said volumes two months ago.
im going to assume he is going to see them on the holidays but who knows.
dont think i expressd earlier how much i loved the pics........i think besides the one of terry and jaycee really close together was jaycee hunched over the horse.

I liked the horse picture the best.

And I think the picture of her with her and the girls facing away from the camera was very symbolic. There, you had your statement, you have your pictures, now go away. A healthy attitude towards the media under any circumstances, if you ask me.

I liked the horse picture the best.

And I think the picture of her with her and the girls facing away from the camera was very symbolic. There, you had your statement, you have your pictures, now go away. A healthy attitude towards the media under any circumstances, if you ask me.

well it kinda confirmed they might be working on a book deal. so we will hear from her sometime down the road

her mother is working on a book, she might do the forward. All in due time.

and im sure jaycee really does appreciate our love and support.

love and support maybe if it's genuine, but the judgements and presumptions - why would anyone appreciate that from a mass of strangers?

love and support maybe if it's genuine, but the judgements and presumptions - why would anyone appreciate that from a mass of strangers?

there are far more people that love and support her then make judgements and presumptions. as evidenced by this board :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member