FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they say to watch for someone with cuts on their face?

Do they know Somer fought back? If so, does that rule out everyone they have interviewed so far???

Or do they already know who did this, but want them to feel confident that they are not a suspect, so they slip up??

In regard to cuts on face. Makes one think they pulled DNA from her fingernails.

Did they have any experts at this presser? Maybe they bring those in? Maybe they will open up to questions at next one? Sorry If I got it wrong I did not get to see it.

like a profiler????
this town has to be in mass hysteria by now.....a child killer amongst them!
Maybe LE says they have nothing so the perp will relax and go out in open and start doing the shaving, drugs, drinking etc..................

Well, I do know where there is a camper "for sale", and a bald man selling it...not sure how long he has been bald, and not sure how long the camper has been for sale..........just sayin

I'm interested in buying a camper. Got an address?

;)

Not a live stream on news4. The guy in front of the door hasn't moved a muscle.

They must be thinking adult male - cuz of the bit about shaving facial hair?

Funny they say looks for cuts not scratches.

Right! Wonder if they found the dumpster and maybe the perp cut himself on it throwing her into it? Way too much blood left there for it to be just a scratch?:waitasec:

They don't have a CLUE who did this. Wow. So it looks like ALL angles should be explored IMO.

Maybe they do have a clue and are watching closely so as to have all of their ducks in a row. I hope this was to throw off the perp. Otherwise, "scream".

I can't give my real opinion until I see the video for myself! I am so disappointed none of the national networks had it on. Screw them, there could be a child serial killer out there and they more interested in Rosie O'Donnell and Nasa

October 28, 2009
Sheriff Rick Beseler - 11:00 AM News Conference

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcmusnqqj5M"]YouTube - Somer Thompson Investigation 10/28/09[/ame]

Well, I do know where there is a camper "for sale", and a bald man selling it...not sure how long he has been bald, and not sure how long the camper has been for sale..........just sayin
Cam, is he totally bald now? I would say that on his MS he is "balding" as in the process of it. It doesn't look like he shaves his head in the pics I'm looking at.

It was very brief.

Firstcoast news.com had a link also...Check here in future...my sound wouldn't work on actionnews.

Said to look out for cuts to the face, arms hands...a shaving of facial hair or growing of facial hair...increase or decrease in alcohol or drug comsumption, not using vehicle for work or leaving it in shed or garage, etc....leaving the area...a high level of interest in this case..talking about it...

You'd think there was some kind of evidence under nails if they're thinking cuts to face, arms, hands, unless there was evidence and it's just not a match for what is in the data base.

The link is broken. But it reads that hispanic males are trying to talk these girls into their car. The car has primer on it, it has been seen on more than one occasion and is cruising the area.
This is highly suspisious, I feel like calling crimestoppers. I'm also very worried and keeping my kids close. Especiallycome this halloween.
Lord help the little children. Amen

BBM

Just a quick O/T idea to share for parents in the area of Somer's neighborhood, and any others too.....The elementary school my kids attended did a fun and very popular event to prevent danger to kids from either predators, candy tampering or crossing streets in the dark. We instituted a kind of a "tailgating" evening for the kids called Trunk or Treat where parents parked in designated areas at the school's parking lot and set up their own little areas behind the cars to hand out candy as the kids made a circular path around the lot. Some made fancy little displays and some just parked in lawn chairs and talked and took pictures of their kids and friends. It still continues as an annual event where the parents have as much fun as the kids, while they KNOW the kids are safe and they can still enjoy adult conversations etc.

Well, thanks for nothing. I sure couldn't find anything online. Son of a biscuit eater. Now what, guys?

Last night dad gave everyone the impression (or just me) that LE KNOWS who did it and that he felt an arrest would be as early as today.
Sherrif said in a video that the 26th-27th would be SOMER'S DAY of respect
I take that today something will spill.........wishful thinking maybe.

So from what I can gather, they didn't say much, in fact, I think Not_My_Kids gave the exact same profile yesterday when they said there was going to be a press release yesterday. Did they say anything other than to watch for someone acting different?

[/B]

BBM

Just a quick O/T idea to share for parents in the area of Somer's neighborhood, and any others too.....The elementary school my kids attended did a fun and very popular event to prevent danger to kids from either predators, candy tampering or crossing streets in the dark. We instituted a kind of a "tailgating" evening for the kids called Trunk or Treat where parents parked in designated areas at the school's parking lot and set up their own little areas behind the cars to hand out candy as the kids made a circular path around the lot. Some made fancy little displays and some just parked in lawn chairs and talked and took pictures of their kids and friends. It still continues as an annual event where the parents have as much fun as the kids, while they KNOW the kids are safe and they can still enjoy adult conversations etc.

This was done at a local church one year. It turned out great. The most fun part was that after the kid trunk or treated, they played together in the church lawn. Parents sat around, watched and had time for some good fellowship.
This is a great idea IMO

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- The Clay County Sheriff's Office wants to talk to specific people who may unknowingly be associated with the person responsible for the death of 7-year-old Somer Thompson.

First-grader Somer disappeared Oct. 19 while walking home from Grove Park Elementary School in Orange Park. After a tremendous community response and search, her body was found two days later by police at a Georgia landfill. She was buried Tuesday.

At a news conference today, Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler asked the public to be alert to anyone they might know who has exhibited certain changes or unexplained behaviors. He suggested any changes.

"Yesterday was about Somer Thompson; today is about her killer," Beseler said.

He read from a script that was prepared by the FBI and reviewed by the sheriff's office. He was asked not to take questions live.

"We are asking the public's assistance in identifying persons who have exhibited changes in behavioral patterns," he said.

He also confirmed that police, a team of more than 50 from various agencies, have fielded hundreds of tips and he thanked the public for continued support and help.

The behavioral trains he listed were:

•Leaving the area unexpectedly
•Missing work or routine engagements
•Having unexplained injuries
•Having an unnatural interest in the status of the investigation
•Having noted increase in nervousness and irritability
•Sudden change in physical appearance, such as shaving off facial hair
•Changing vehicles
•Changing religious beliefs
•Changing sleep patterns
•Changing use of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/livestream/breaking.aspx?storyid=147320&catid=319

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth