Henry "Cab" Tice

If you haven't read the Jerry Wood interview, stop whatever you are doing and go read it. I have no words. Well, actually I do. But I will be banned if I say them. I'm just embarrassed to be from the same city as these people....sheesh:bang:

Add: I don't believe a word of that interview.:bang:
Tice stated in his Wear TV interview that he does not know a Jerry Wood in the auto industry. He said he did know a Jerry Wood that set up some self defence classes for LPGs Karate business, and that he met him twice for five minutes, but that Jerry Wood was not in the auto business.

On Page 34 Wood is asked
Q "You have some previous employment in the car business"
A "All my life"

http://media2.fox10tv.com/billings/PublicRecord2.pdf

But Wood says he has never met or had any dealings with Byrd Billings.

Pity that they do not ask Wood if he knows Cab Tice. But Cab says he met him twice. Is it possible that Cab simply does not know that Wood has worked in the car business? Is anyone else bothered by this?

If you haven't read the Jerry Wood interview, stop whatever you are doing and go read it. I have no words. Well, actually I do. But I will be banned if I say them. I'm just embarrassed to be from the same city as these people....sheesh:bang:

Wow I am speechless!

Wow I am speechless!

So am I. Have all these people fried their brains on drugs?? How does LE deal with this on an everyday basis? We may never know the facts because of drug induced fog!

Lisa Higley has never been a Billings. If you saw that on Cab Tices interview,it was a mistake. Tim Higley is not Buds son-in-law.

It was indeed a brain cramp on the part of the interviewee... reading it back, it is clear he had Blue Markham on his mind, discussing the relationships, and he says Tim Higley and 'son in law' nearly concurrently, but again, he had Markham on his mind.

I'm surprised there are not more of these easily misconstrued oral blunders, that with the prompting of facial cues and body language in real time, let the investigator and interviewee stay on the same track, but can leave the literal transcript record with an easily misinterpreted line.

If I were ever interviewed, my love of the sarcastic phrase would probably get me put in the pokey: "Did you provide him a gun?"

"Yeah, like I go around giving firearms to felons all day long."

"Fine. Cuff him. See you later."

"But wait.....!"

:eek:

What strikes me as being odd about Jerry's testimony (other than the obvious), is the fact that when the officer tells him LPG Jr pointed him out as being the one that ordered the hit, he doesn't even question the officer about it. He just says no sir I don't have any money.

I don't know about you guys, but if someone (especially someone I considered a friend) tried to implicate me in a murder, I'd be adamant about not being involved. I'd also have a ton of questions for the officer as to why that person would say such a thing. I'd be outraged. I don't see that reaction from Jerry though.

After reading his testimony, any logical individual would think he might be too unstable to be the mastermind behind this murder (because it's obvious the alcohol and whatever else has taken it's toll), but never underestimate anyone!!

What strikes me as being odd about Jerry's testimony (other than the obvious), is the fact that when the officer tells him LPG Jr pointed him out as being the one that ordered the hit, he doesn't even question the officer about it. He just says no sir I don't have any money.

I don't know about you guys, but if someone (especially someone I considered a friend) tried to implicate me in a murder, I'd be adamant about not being involved. I'd also have a ton of questions for the officer as to why that person would say such a thing. I'd be outraged. I don't see that reaction from Jerry though.

After reading his testimony, any logical individual would think he might be too unstable to be the mastermind behind this murder (because it's obvious the alcohol and whatever else has taken it's toll), but never underestimate anyone!!

I'm not usually crazy about 'me too' posts, but....

Yeah!

I have picked up some very useful tips!

If questioned by police, I'm going to start off with "I'm takin' this uh, amnesia drug, theres gonna be big holes..."

One comment on Tice's call being code, right on. I think this case is filled with it.

I've wondered whether someone close to Bud disabled security and removed dogs before going out to establish alibi. Bud later notices that system is off and turns it back on before going to bed. Jr has been informed that both of his obstacles are clear, but did not know that Bud turned system back on.

Anyone else notice that 4 of the 7 perps are Juniors?

I have picked up some very useful tips!

If questioned by police, I'm going to start off with "I'm takin' this uh, amnesia drug, theres gonna be big holes..."

:)

If that doesn't work, just add that you're on Prozac and Wellbutrin and that your doc. recently changed your meds. After all, that's what PLW is saying is affecting HER memory!

I haven't read the statement from Tice saying he wa sgoing to pee, lol, but the officer's report said Tice told Santa Rosa LE that he was dumping garbage (I think the link is on the Tice thread?)

Meg -

I brought this part of your post over to this thread to reply to it.

Tice said he was taking out some trash and going to pee. Page 40 of the .pdf beginning at line 18.

http://weartv.com/newsroom/documents/Transcript_Tice.pdf

He also said he was worried the SR LE was the mafia??

Tice said he was taking out some trash and going to pee. Page 40 of the .pdf beginning at line 18.

http://weartv.com/newsroom/documents/Transcript_Tice.pdf

He also said he was worried the SR LE was the mafia??

Yea, that was really strange .. he is peeing and sees lights and an AK 47 and assumes it is the Mafia? So LPG Jr is not the only one that is talking mafia mania.

Did I imagine it, or did Tice say in a WEAR TV interview w/ Thomas that he had a problem printing a document for a friend who was needing it for Tallahassee? But here he says he was emailing a girl in Colombia for a friend (which I assume is his employer, BE) and he doesn't mention computer problems or calling LPG Jr for help ... did someone else already mention that?
It should be pretty easy to see if he really did call his wife/girlfriend in Colombia, even if it was on a computer, right? And see if he sent an email to the other woman for his friend.

The investigator really seems to be asking about the son-in-law B, especially why he was friends with Higley. And H seemed to have the news pretty early on (9 pm?) to call Tice with it. Maybe B called him, but that would be weird, too.

page 44 of link above
Q: Tim does not like Bud?
A: No
Q: They're enemies.
A: Correct.
Q: But he's best friends with Blue?
A: They, they're very good friends.
Q: That's kind of twisted.

On 7/10 at 16:25, less than 24 hours after the murder Blue Markham has his interview with the police. It begins on page 154/729. Markham said two things, both about Cab Tice which concerned me. Both things involved his good friend Tim Higley.

First he said that that he believed that LPG's Red Van was from the Markham Auto Lot (inherited from Tim Higley) and that Cab Tice sold the Red Van to a group of Mexicans. We know that this is not true. Mr. Hartsfield said he bought it in Colorado 20 years ago and that it is a very unique van, with specialized modifications. Strange that a professional car man would make this mistake.

Second, he said says that Tim told him that Cab Tice works for Bobby English Auto Sales in Ft. Walton Beach. In fact Bobby English Auto Sales is in Pace/Milton. However, Ft. Walton Beach is where Sumner and 5th Dimension and the rest of his recruits are from. This interview with Markham happened well before the police actually KNEW that there was a Ft. Walton Beach connection. My guess (and this is pure speculation) is that Markham was discussing Ft. Walton Beach with Tim and made the wrong connection. However, I wonder what he was discussing about?

I know we should stick to facts, but having followed this so long, and now having listened to the audio tapes, read the transcripts, and just tonight having finally found time to listen to the Cab Tice interview, it is clear to me that Pat Gonzalez was a ruthless, unstable loser, dreaming of grandeur. He bummed around in various failed ventures, including the dream of creating the defense business with his friend and former boss Cab Tice, who had introduced him to Bud Billings. Tice owes Bud. Pat owes Bud. Cab thinks Bud is soaked in money, and has created a fortress for his untraceable car and loan biz cash, stowing it in the house. Bud is pressuring Cab for the money he is owed, and asking Cab about the Pat money, too. Pat is behind on electric, rent, has six kids, his financial world is crumbling. As is Pamela Long's, his shady land lord, with her 'mysterious' connected' pseudo-husband. Cab borrows money from his own employee, Silvanio Gonzalez, who takes it from his own life savings. Cab blows that money on his failed biz and can't pay it back, either. The long time employee needs that money and has to think of how to get it back. He invokes the specter of the Mexican Mob to Cab, who indeed has some very peripheral knowledge of them being around, and in fact has been a snitch for Homeland security, turning in people for naked biz purposes, just like he previously turned in Bud, hoping to get him in trouble. When Bud pushed for the money, and turned Cab's kited checks over to law enforcement, the die was cast. All the pieces are in place. Pat, ruthless and broke, smelling that huge haul of 'easy money'. Cab, ruthless and broke. Pam Wiggins, ruthless and broke. Hugh, looking to score a big payday, willing to guide these nuts, and see what happens, but making sure he is physically out of town during the operation. Cab turned loose the demons of hell via the person of Pat Poff, and Pat reveled in the excitement of a surreptitious "op", and as an already current bank robber, saw no problem at all -- in fact relished -- assembling his "team" of what turned out to be idiots, for the big heist, that had two objectives -- take the millions from Bud, and kill him, so he would never be able to tell anyone about these losers.

I think if the cops had not offered deals to Wiggins, and had grilled Tice as the potential 'contract' head dude, up for electric chair, that both of them would have sung. As it is, as usual, they have offered the deals to the wrong people, and yes, triggerman Pat is gonna get convicted, but that would have happened on physical evidence alone.

It is clear that the inter-agency need to respect boundaries is a huge damper on them really prying the lid off of a whole host of interlocking 'semi-organized' crimes and illegal operations.

The bottom line is that Bud billings was a huge target to the jealous disaffected, and that two of the people that owed him decided to grab what he had, settle their debt, and shut him up, all in one fell swoop. Fortunately, and sadly, these people are almost universally and laughably inept.

Someone could really turn this into a hell of a book, and/or movie, If they were able to capture the ambiance and pitifully STUPID and futilely ridiculous characters and circumstances. The best Film Noir movies hinged on the random hand of fate causing lives of weak people, willing to do desperate things, to spin out of control. Think "Double Indemnity."

Interesting post, Loss.

For some reason, I'm seeing Tice as even more inept than the crew. But, maybe that's why they got the wrong safe if he was the ringleader?

BTW - Cab wasn't out of town - he was just over in Milton in the next county (the same county I live in). It's prob. ~30 mins. or so from the Billings home. But, please don't quote me on the travel time frame as I haven't driven that route myself or even mapquested it:)

I've been working on uploading stuff and don't even know if the cell records show a call from Tice that night (as he says). I believe it was Jr.'s cell records I uploaded, but don't even know that for certain.

BTW - Cab wasn't out of town - he was just over in Milton in the next county

Yeah, sorry in my rambling I was probably unclear -- it was Hugh Wiggins that I meant had been sure to stay out of town at work during the deed, as an alibi. He is likely the smartest of the whole bunch, but that sure ain't sayin' much!!!! LOL

And a detailed inspection of all the players phone records could probably shed a lot of light... if I recall correctly, Cab tried in his TV interview to soft-soap all the visits and calls that Pat made on the very day, and in the hours preceding the horrific crime. I think it was Hugh Wiggins who also mentions the use of disposable trac-phones -- I sure hope these doofus' used a credit card to buy them, or otherwise left a way for those records to also be reassembled.

Sadly, the people that were present on the day of the crime -- the six other than Pat -- are the least likely to know a dang thing about this operation. To reiterate my own theory, I think a lot of wishful thinking and prodding by Cab stoked Pat up sufficiently to think he could become a big cheese, get a huge payday, and also join the ranks of the 'big players' in local crime, in one fell swoop. The fact the guy has been shown to be robbing banks by just walking in and taking the money just prior to this period shows the level of callousness, desperation, and stupidity that this guy has.

I just keep flashing on the old saying about the banality of evil -- early on we all had these elaborate theories about this sophisticated, murky, far-reaching, even clever set-up, likely planned by intelligent agents perhaps in the local mob, or the Mexican mob or child abusing kidnappers, or some gang set on revenge related to Bud's interaction with adoptions, or his odd views on tax avoidance, that led to the events. In reality, it was apparently fits and starts by a whole loose network of total losers, none of which was actually competent in any way to pull this off.

I think it is also worth highlighting Hugh Wiggin's involvement in terms of having secured two of the assault type weapons used in just the last few weeks prior to the caper, and that his and Pam's homespun haphazard collection including daddy's shotgun, the new assault weapon purchases, some handguns that they apparently already had, etc all became the armory that the crew of seven drew from to effect the crime. This crap about Pat just having access etc, when Pam was the look-out/getaway driver and the keeper/collector of the weapons and the booty makes it obvious as all get out that the Wiggins couple was in this up to their eyeballs, in the planning, provisioning, and execution of the operation, AND the attempted cover-up, in their admitted interstate flight to dispose of the weapons after the crime, and of course the upfront planning sessions occurring at their residence.

A little bit of a recap here:

Wiggins' statement 'critical' to case

Prosecutors say they got a good deal by giving immunity to Hugh Wiggins in exchange for information he gave investigators.

Wiggins' statements led officers directly to guns used in the attack on the home of Byrd and Melanie Billings and to the safe hidden under bricks in the yard of the Gulf Breeze home he shared with his wife, Pamela Long Wiggins.

"His statement was critical to us recovering the firearms and the safe," said Greg Marcille, an assistant state attorney. "He also provided us with other substantial evidence."

Indeed, video of the interview shows him arranging by telephone for a Mississippi man to surrender the guns to agents.

Hugh Wiggins and Pamela Long Wiggins had taken the weapons to the man the previous day.

Officers had looked in the yard earlier but not seen the safe under the bricks.
http://www.pnj.com/article/20091025/NEWS01/910250314

Docket Day for Mr. Tice tomorrow. Wonder how he'll plea in this case? Wonder where they will put him when he is found guilty? I hope it's not continued like the others were.

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml.asp?ucase_id=94708780

Henry Cabell Tice

01/19/2010 RESET FOR JURY TRIAL: 4/5/2010 @ 9:00 A.M., DD 3/23/2010 @ 9:00 A.M. DEFENSE REQUEST

01/19/2010 HEARING WORKSHEET FILED

01/21/2010 COURT EVENT SET
Event: DOCKET DAY
Date: 03/23/2010 Time: 9:00 am
Judge: WILLIAMS, KENNETH L Location: M.C. BLANCHARD JUDICIAL BUILDING

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads