TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
so is mine Gibby... and we are facing at least another deployment..... another one.....

My husband is out now, but not so far out to be oblivious. Godspeed to your hubby, and I think us 4 could have a frank convo and prolly have the same conclusions.

<3

someone on this site http://www.ustream.tv/channel/CBS-News just posted this in chat....

9:21 loupgarous: AP said 18 mins ago that he did die
9:24 ustreamer-62821: he was alive at first.. but they watched him bleed out..

has anyone seen this?

He's actually more mad about the coverage versus the insanity of it all. He wants more awareness. He's a different man after a war, and I don't know how to explain it other ways without getting others offended. But, he's a different man...

Awareness is good. It's always better no matter what.

Can you expound a bit on why he is more mad about the coverage vs. the insanity?

i am not sure how the army works with payback years owed after the military pays for college and medical training. the army would have paid for 11 or 12 years total for this guy's school and training. this includes a salary during his years of internship and fellowship in psychiatry at walter reed. so if he finished training about age 30 then he has about 9 years in counting toward "payback". does anyone know how this actually works? is it year for year? if so, then he had 2 or 3 years left

I had a frank discussion with my hubby, and I'll try to dictate the bullet points without his language LOL!

His feeling is that he didn't want to go kill his Islam "brothers." He experienced harrassment from his military "brothers." He was unaware of his MO over there, that it woulda been like my cousin, not direct combat but yet other horrors of war. He thinks his botherhood was more connected to Islam and less to the military. I had a hard time believing this, if he were to be in the military for 20 years. He said as a psychiatrist and listening to the horrors of war of late, maybe he changed his mind and then entered into Islam religion. He wanted to protect his past. He went crazy and took it out on Americans. He said he's a and he shoulda died.

That's the abbreviated version... but food for thought, as he brought up some points...

Awareness is good. It's always better no matter what.

Can you expound a bit on why he is more mad about the coverage vs. the insanity?

He feels there should be more coverage on an every-day basis on the reality of life in the military, not just one large event. It happens every day, but nobody hears about it.

I had a frank discussion with my hubby, and I'll try to dictate the bullet points without his language LOL!

His feeling is that he didn't want to go kill his Islam "brothers." He experienced harrassment from his military "brothers." He was unaware of his MO over there, that it woulda been like my cousin, not direct combat but yet other horrors of war. He thinks his botherhood was more connected to Islam and less to the military. I had a hard time believing this, if he were to be in the military for 20 years. He said as a psychiatrist and listening to the horrors of war of late, maybe he changed his mind and then entered into Islam religion. He wanted to protect his past. He went crazy and took it out on Americans. He said he's a and he shoulda died.

That's the abbreviated version... but food for thought, as he brought up some points...

That makes a lot of sense to me. When he had to pick sides, he did.

I feel terrible for the families and soldiers involved. I feel like they were let down in terms of security and protection. An army base shouldn't have the same number of casualties or so, from a shooter, than a high school in Colorado.

i am finding it veddy interesting that he commented in public and possibly online that 911 terrorists and suicide/homicide bombers were akin to a soldier throwing himself on a landmine to save his comrades...what has been brewing?? he never married and lived with a brother (according to a neighbor). he complained vocally about persecution...and how wrong the us govt is about middle east
This thread is moving so fast, had to stop reading at page 14. My thoughts, based on observations when I was in military many years ago, is that this event is not surprising, and likely planned retaliation against US. I noticed when I enlisted, a good number of comrades had changed their names from American names to Muslim/Islamic before entering the military. Always thought it strange, and until 9/11, could not figure out why they did that. My feeling now is that there has been an underground effort by these groups to enter our military with the intent of destroying from within, and, it has been going on for years. We should not be naive to the motives of those with Islamic names, or many seemingly innocuous persons, in our military. Our government should be looking very hard at them. Also, these people are cruising our college campuses, and enrolling as legitimate students, but on the ready to use violence to further their causes. Many also run "legitimate" businesses here in the US. I hate conspiracy theories, and usually ignore "conspiracists", but I believe the enemy is here, and firmly entrenched among us.

He feels there should be more coverage on an every-day basis on the reality of life in the military, not just one large event. It happens every day, but nobody hears about it.

I understand. Well, I think/hope I do.

The political arena and the feelings about what we are doing/accomplishing in Afghanistan seems to be a quagmire.

I am behind our troops 100000000 percent. For anyone to risk their life and connection to their family, friends and any loved ones to serve our country, is IMO, HUGE, A HUGE sacrifice. This will never go unnoticed in my eyes.

It's a very sad day today for our military.

This thread is moving so fast, had to stop reading at page 14. My thoughts, based on observations when I was in military many years ago, is that this event is not surprising, and likely planned retaliation against US. I noticed when I enlisted, a good number of comrades had changed their names from American names to Muslim/Islamic before entering the military. Always thought it strange, and until 9/11, could not figure out why they did that. My feeling now is that there has been an underground effort by these groups to enter our military with the intent of destroying from within, and, it has been going on for years. We should not be naive to the motives of those with Islamic names, or many seemingly innocuous persons, in our military. Our government should be looking very hard at them. Also, these people are cruising our college campuses, and enrolling as legitimate students, but on the ready to use violence to further their causes. Many also run "legitimate" businesses here in the US. I hate conspiracy theories, and usually ignore "conspiracists", but I believe the enemy is here, and firmly entrenched among us.

In my gut I agree with you very much. We need to be vigilant. Living in Manhattan I'd consider myself borderline paranoid at times- more than a few times I've gotten a bad feeling on a subway and just got off and walked. Nothing ever happened, but I tell myself I'd rather be wrong and irrational than right but dead.

The only problem with the military aspect of this is that we desperately need translators that speak Arabic. IMO the state department at least is a little more lenient with hiring if you speak a Middle Eastern language- but what other option do we have? Personally I think the military should offer active service members a year of paid leave to learn to speak arabic- either through a university or some program. That way we would have born & bred U.S. soldiers who could serve as translaters rather than relying on locals in these countries - who may not have the U.S.'s best interests at heart. JMO

Just so y'all know, I have had 2 glasses of wine since early this evening after hearing about all this.

I am distraught beyond all heck about all of this, and lol, if I'm sounding like I'm off on a tangent, I just wanted you to know why.

OK, back to your regular programming...:innocent:

I give up on Google...is there a victim list?

I think going to be awhile until there is a victim list. I mean there are people out of state that have to be located and told. Its going to take awhile.

Someone correct me if I am wrong please

I'm one of those waiting, that's why I asked. I have two very good friends at Ft. Hood, one coming back, one leaving.
I wouldn't be directly notified, I'm not family, but if the list was out, that would make it easier to breathe.

I'm one of those waiting, that's why I asked. I have two very good friends at Ft. Hood, one coming back, one leaving.
I wouldn't be directly notified, I'm not family, but if the list was out, that would make it easier to breathe.

Have you checked the red cross website?

Has there been a number given for families to call?

I don't think there will be any list of victim's names online any too soon. Victim identification, next of kin notification, etc, will take some time before they release any names to the public.

Prayers for all who are waiting for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member