Report Details Dugard's Reaction When Police Discovered Her

nobody2

Reaction score
Article and link posted below. Hope this is an OK way to post it. The links are there, but if the articles need to be taken down I can edit them back to just the headlines or something.

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=11459558

Report Details Dugard's Reaction When Police Discovered Her

Brandon Rittiman
Channel 2 News

The inspector general's report shows two days after U.C. Berkeley police first questioned Phillip Garrido, he was returned - as ordered - to his parole office for a meeting.

He brought his wife Nancy and three girls with him - Jaycee Dugard and her two daughters.

The officers separated Garrido from the rest.

Jaycee went by the name "Alyssa." she said she was 29 and confirmed she was the younger girls' mother.

And a similar account here:

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_13722609

Questioning of Dugard, Garrido detailed
By John Simerman
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 11/05/2009 03:54:36 PM PST
Updated: 11/06/2009 06:40:39 AM PST

Jaycee Dugard hid her identity, lied, refused to answer questions and asked for a lawyer as a parole agent probed her relationship with Phillip Garrido during the Aug. 26 meeting in Concord that prompted the arrests of Garrido and his wife.

I hope that nobody thinks these articles show ANY criticism of the victim nor anything "good" on the part of Garrido that he admitted what he had done. I would not think that anyone here would ever think that anyway.
But the article does, I guess, show why Garrido might have been trying to get a lawyer for her - he thought that his power over her was that strong that it would endure. Thank God it did not.

I hope that nobody thinks these articles show ANY criticism of the victim nor anything "good" on the part of Garrido that he admitted what he had done. I would not think that anyone here would ever think that anyway.
But the article does, I guess, show why Garrido might have been trying to get a lawyer for her - he thought that his power over her was that strong that it would endure. Thank God it did not.

would love to know why these articles and the report dont detail her reaction after she finally told them who she was.
was most likely the weight was finally lifted off her shoulders

would love to know why these articles and the report dont detail her reaction after she finally told them who she was.
was most likely the weight was finally lifted off her shoulders
Weight does not get lifted that fast at all.
She must have been scared not lifted. Not at first. At first there would be confusion, and fear.
The reports are RIGHT ON. That would be the reaction of one who had been brain washed for 18 years.
She is still NOW as we speak brain washed, it takes at least a year to heal that. I know because I worked with Cult brain washing, and it is not wake up one day and everything is changed, nop.....IT IS A SLOW PROCESS.

It's all so tragic and unbelievable. It doesn't surprise me at all that Jaycee would try to protect PG. I mean to be kidnapped and raped at 11 years of age and held against your will. I can't think of too many things that are more evil than that.
I hope Jaycee who is 2 1/2 months into her reunion with her mom and extended family is going in a good direction. It sure sounds like it is.
I can't imagine what Jaycee's duaghters are going through. To be ripped apart from the only world they knew
After Carl's recent meeting with Jaycee.. it sounded like he vaguely mentioned about the hard road ahead especially for the young girls.
This is a story almost unheard of ..to be kidnapped and held for 18 years and then to have children who were also mostly hidden.. and having never gone to school. I mean the whole thing is not of this world.

With all of that said though... I just have the feeling that Jaycee will go on and have a good life and so will her daughters.
I always go back to Holocaust survivors who endured unbelievable atrocities yet somehow managed to get back into mainstream life and while never forgetting their pain that they endured ..they succeeded in not letting it define them.

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_13722609?nclick_check=1

I brought this up earlier, but even the press is bringing this up now,.... so I ask again because this really puzzle's the heck out of me, why was this "new condition " attached to his parole???? As late as July 99, the man was never convicted of anything to do with minors, so why did they all of a sudden decide he shouldn't be with them?

From the article:

A month earlier, parole officials had attached a new
condition to Garrido's lifetime parole from his Nevada conviction for the 1976 rape of a woman he kidnapped in South Lake Tahoe, the report says. He was now barred from being around minors.

I brought this up earlier, but even the press is bringing this up now,.... so I ask again because this really puzzle's the heck out of me, why was this "new condition " attached to his parole???? As late as July 99, the man was never convicted of anything to do with minors, so why did they all of a sudden decide he shouldn't be with them?

From the article:

condition to Garrido's lifetime parole from his Nevada conviction for the 1976 rape of a woman he kidnapped in South Lake Tahoe, the report says. He was now barred from being around minors.

Maybe this is when someone actually looked at pgs file and noted the rape of the 14 year old in Antoch. Shaw stated it was in his file and should have been taken into account from the beginning.

Or..... is it possible that they suspected pg of a crime that occured one night when his gps signal was lost?

It's all so tragic and unbelievable. It doesn't surprise me at all that Jaycee would try to protect PG. I mean to be kidnapped and raped at 11 years of age and held against your will. I can't think of too many things that are more evil than that.
I hope Jaycee who is 2 1/2 months into her reunion with her mom and extended family is going in a good direction. It sure sounds like it is.
I can't imagine what Jaycee's duaghters are going through. To be ripped apart from the only world they knew
After Carl's recent meeting with Jaycee.. it sounded like he vaguely mentioned about the hard road ahead especially for the young girls.
This is a story almost unheard of ..to be kidnapped and held for 18 years and then to have children who were also mostly hidden.. and having never gone to school. I mean the whole thing is not of this world.

With all of that said though... I just have the feeling that Jaycee will go on and have a good life and so will her daughters.
I always go back to Holocaust survivors who endured unbelievable atrocities yet somehow managed to get back into mainstream life and while never forgetting their pain that they endured ..they succeeded in not letting it define them.
Off Topic:
BBM
It sure did define them; holocaust survivors that is, and yes the human spirit is more powerful then
we know, but not only did it effect their off spring but the 3rd generation too has had its scars.
Trust me I am one of them and I did a study at NYU on the topic long ago.
Many functioned well vocationally and academically, but lived with so many scars until their last day.
NO they never did get over it, they only moved on with it.`

YES JC and the girls will go on, and they will do just fine. they will be in therapy and that is a very
good thing. :)
There will be a filter and a tape too from where they view things; This did happen and it does color
your life different then had JC continued to grow up with Terry.

There are things that alter lives 4 ever...this is such a case.
But after they heal they will go on, and they will have their lives that can indeed be full and happy too.

Jaycee had lived with the Garrido's for more then half her life. 18 years is a long time. How many of us remember much before our 11th birthday. Naturally she bonded with them. It was the life she knew. She was also obviously coached. She and the girls were most likely told that if Phil and Nancy went to jail they would be taken away and no one to care for them. Remember she relied on them for everything. That other girl, the one in Utah was taken for only 9 months and she too at first lied about who she was.

Jaycee had a lifetime of not being herself. No one should look badly at her because of her initial lies. She was 1. coached and 2. protecting her family.

It would make things more clear if they would have mentioned the girls reaction when Jaycee said she was their mother. From initial reports they did not know she was their mother until later. They were still under the illusion she was their older sister. They were therefore also coached not to call Jaycee their sister but to call her their mom.

There were several well rehearsed scenarios that they were given to try to fool the cops. Fortunately they all failed. And it appears good old Phil was the first to fold.

Jaycee had lived with the Garrido's for more then half her life. 18 years is a long time. How many of us remember much before our 11th birthday. Naturally she bonded with them. It was the life she knew. She was also obviously coached. She and the girls were most likely told that if Phil and Nancy went to jail they would be taken away and no one to care for them. Remember she relied on them for everything. That other girl, the one in Utah was taken for only 9 months and she too at first lied about who she was.

Jaycee had a lifetime of not being herself. No one should look badly at her because of her initial lies. She was 1. coached and 2. protecting her family.

It would make things more clear if they would have mentioned the girls reaction when Jaycee said she was their mother. From initial reports they did not know she was their mother until later. They were still under the illusion she was their older sister. They were therefore also coached not to call Jaycee their sister but to call her their mom.

There were several well rehearsed scenarios that they were given to try to fool the cops. Fortunately they all failed. And it appears good old Phil was the first to fold.

Hi Jazerelle, and welcome to WS. You'll find a wealth of information here and a wonderful group of people. Thank you for your insightful first post.

Maybe this is when someone actually looked at pgs file and noted the rape of the 14 year old in Antoch. Shaw stated it was in his file and should have been taken into account from the beginning.

Or..... is it possible that they suspected pg of a crime that occured one night when his gps signal was lost?

I wondered about this, too, and thought it might be because of a change in the laws. There were some recent changes but I don't know if it was the reason for this new condition.

FYI- I just noticed that TLC is doing Jaycee's story tomorrow at 9pm.

From the article:

I wonder if it was Nevada Parole or California? This would be a major problem for PG if he were ever seen with the girls! I would love to know more about it.

Oops, I noticed this was mentioned on another thread. This is the first time posting aftering just reading posts for a few weeks.

Oops, I noticed this was mentioned on another thread. This is the first time posting aftering just reading posts for a few weeks.

It's okay to have it posted here too. Welcome to WS, glad you posted.

The TLC report was really hard to watch. I didn't get past the first part. Garrido is *advertiser censored**in evil.

Off Topic:
BBM
It sure did define them; holocaust survivors that is, and yes the human spirit is more powerful then
we know, but not only did it effect their off spring but the 3rd generation too has had its scars.
Trust me I am one of them and I did a study at NYU on the topic long ago.
Many functioned well vocationally and academically, but lived with so many scars until their last day.
NO they never did get over it, they only moved on with it.`

YES JC and the girls will go on, and they will do just fine. they will be in therapy and that is a very
good thing. :)
There will be a filter and a tape too from where they view things; This did happen and it does color
your life different then had JC continued to grow up with Terry.

There are things that alter lives 4 ever...this is such a case.
But after they heal they will go on, and they will have their lives that can indeed be full and happy too.

I am 3rd generation German Jewish and I was just going by what I saw first hand from my grandparents who escaped Germany in the late 30's. I know that they also said they "will never forget." but they also just wanted to become successful in life. It was with them but I know my grandparents and extended relatives who did escape told me they didn't want to be known as victims they're whole life.
People I am sure have different opinions on this.
It's kind of off topic..

I just wish the best for JC and the girls. I have seen a "few therapists in interviews and tv seem to suggest that they will be crushed forever".
I just hope that isn't the case.

I am 3rd generation German Jewish and I was just going by what I saw first hand from my grandparents who escaped Germany in the late 30's. I know that they also said they "will never forget." but they also just wanted to become successful in life. It was with them but I know my grandparents and extended relatives who did escape told me they didn't want to be known as victims they're whole life.
People I am sure have different opinions on this.
It's kind of off topic..

I just wish the best for JC and the girls. I have seen a "few therapists in interviews and tv seem to suggest that they will be crushed forever".
I just hope that isn't the case.
Just one more word on this.
It is true that survivors did not want to be seen as victims and did excel both vocationally and academically.
but not all scars are visible, and a smile can cover much.
I do know that one all too well.

I also know that while JC and the girls can live well, and do well...There will definitely be some invisible scars.
I do wish them the very best. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back