Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work! I wish they would release any video footage of BD!

Who is the owner...I wish LE could put pressure on him!
\

BD's friend TVF said LE have been requesting from CKryptonite since day 1 their video haven't gotten it. (I bolded owner/co-owner name or business name.)

Monday, Nov. 09, 2009
Club Kryptonite in Myrtle Beach shutting down
Monique Newton - mnewton@thesunnews.com E-Mail

The business’s owner, Maximus Entertainment, LLC, was sued by Burroughs & Chapin Co. Inc. on Nov. 4 for a breach of contract and served an eviction notice the day before for unpaid rent, according to court documents.

Club Kryptonite, located at 2925 Hollywood Dr. in Myrtle Beach, had until Nov. 17 to vacate the building or respond to the notice, and the decision was made to vacate, said co-owner Andrew Manios.

The decrease in sales this year, combined with the increase in rent and additional insurance policies the business had to take on, made it hard to pay the bills, Manios said.

The club opened in April of 2002 and had its last night of operation on Halloween.

Read tomorrow's edition of The Sun News for more on this story.

Oh no, I get what you are saying. Sorry for the misunderstanding, my message wasn't directed towards you in any way.

Your post was directed to me. I posted that LE needs to haul these "friends" back to MB for questioning. Or, go to NY and question them along with the NY LE lending a hand in it. They need more intense questioning, it should not matter what state they are in. I firmly believe that they know what happened to BD.

Your post was directed to me. I posted that LE needs to haul these "friends" back to MB for questioning. Or, go to NY and question them along with the NY LE lending a hand in it. They need more intense questioning, it should not matter what state they are in. I firmly believe that they know what happened to BD.

I think they should do that too...but they can't. Until MBPD finds a crime scene this can't be done.

We're not living in a "police state"...people just can't be hauled in "just because"... And any PD can not just show up on someone's doorstep without just cause and begin questioning without having good reason.

Now while you and I and others believe there is good reason to haul all of these kids in for questioning...they can't until either BD shows up and tells the story or until they find evidence that BD is no longer with us.

MBPD had an opportunity to speak face to face with the girls of the bunch - as they did not leave MB until Monday. For whatever reason this wasn't done - and I'm guessing because there was no crime scene or they believed that BD was just another runaway.

I'm in no way condoning what any of the people that had interaction with BD did. And yes, IMHO, by the actions some of them displayed it could make them look guilty in the eyes of others - but as of right now what they said, posted on the internet, didn't say, ran out of town, hid in another hotel - none of that makes them guilty in that they did anything to BD...it just makes them look bad.

Sure any one of them or all of them could have knowledge of what happened to BD or could have been the one to cause BD's possible demise.

Unfortunately a crime probably did occur - but it didn't seem to happen at BH, BWR or in any of the vehicles these kids traveled in. Until something turns up MBPD's hands are tied. RPD's hands are tied because the disappearance didn't take place in ROC...

We don't even know if what happened to BD actually happened in MB. She went missing from there, but we don't know if she was picked up by one of her friends, snatched off the street or went willingly into someone's vehicle.

What the majority of us think should happen, what should be done, who should be talked to and what LE should do...just can't...at least for now.

They found the body of a white female no older than 20 years old was found yesterday near the nc/sc line in York County North carolina.

Female body found in York County
By Steve Lyttle
slyttle@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Friday, Oct. 30, 2009
The York County Sheriff's Office said it has called homicide detectives into the case surrounding the discovery of a white female's body Thursday afternoon.

The body was discovered about 1:15 p.m. in a remote area of northern York County, near the state line. Deputies say the site is along Robinson Road, a little-used gravel road near Lloyd White Road.

A resident spotted the body, and the sheriff's office said it appears the woman was in her 20s. The body had not been at the site very long, deputies say.

Anyone with possible information in the case is asked to call the York County Sheriff's Office, toll-free at 877-409-4321.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/1027319.html

have we heard a update on this body?

have we heard a update on this body?

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11409862

(snipped)
YORK COUNTY, SC (WBTV) - The York County Sheriff's Office has identified a dead woman whose body was discovered near Clover last week.

The sheriff's office said Monday the victim is 17-year-old Heather Marie Catterton of 2402 South York Road in Gastonia. Detectives ultimately identified the teen through her fingerprints. "We're investigating this as a homicide yes," said Captain Jerry Hoffman with the York County Sheriff's office.

The sheriff's office was able to positively identify the woman after her father, Nicholas Catterton called authorities and said the clothing was his daughter's. "Friday night, they finally showed the last piece of clothing," he said. "And I couldn't sleep--it hit me. I knew what she wears and I knew the clothing."

The clothing that was found with the body was only this sweatshirt, necklace and socks. The rest of it was found about a mile away tossed over a bridge off Crowders Creek Road.

(a lot more in article)

Rose

Thanks so much for your post this is great news. People will reach across the country possibly the world and tomorrow is quick!

I sure hope the people magazine article brings some new clues or information maybe it will put pressure on the kids or their families to finally start talking

I still believe that someone either Brittanee met while staying in MB or a total stranger saw her and either offered her a ride or she was forced into a car.

I do believe that the people Brittanee was with were insensitive and mean but until LE has absolute proof that her 'friends' committed a crime against her I'm going to say that they were not involved with her vanishing.

The last thing I want is for her "friends" to be thrown in jail for a crime they did not commit.

I support more the stranger theory than her friends killing her for whatever reason.

I still believe that someone either Brittanee met while staying in MB or a total stranger saw her and either offered her a ride or she was forced into a car.

I do believe that the people Brittanee was with were insensitive and mean but until LE has absolute proof that her 'friends' committed a crime against her I'm going to say that they were not involved with her vanishing.

The last thing I want is for her "friends" to be thrown in jail for a crime they did not commit.

I support more the stranger theory than her friends killing her for whatever reason.

I don't know if her friends need to be thrown in jail. I do think they know more then they are saying. Whether it be what Brit was really doing or who she was last going to see maybe they didn't want to get in trouble for drugs,etc. IMO there is definately alot more they know which I am basing on all of their behavior when they got home.

I don't know if her friends need to be thrown in jail. I do think they know more then they are saying. Whether it be what Brit was really doing or who she was last going to see maybe they didn't want to get in trouble for drugs,etc. IMO there is definately alot more they know which I am basing on all of their behavior when they got home.

I agree, If they can provide information about where she might be going or her demeanor when she left their hotel to go back to her own it could be helpful.

in regards to harming/ killing her I just don't see any of them doing something like that. I don't think they would be that smart to leave no DNA, no blood etc.

the camera that show a young woman walking down a street by herself, are MB police positive it is Brittanee? Someone at MB had to have seen something.

I just hope that person will come forward .

Posted at: 11/14/2009 11:48 PM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 11/15/2009 8:46 AM
By: Linzi Sheldon

Drexel family encouraged to keep search alive

The family of missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel received words of encouragement this weekend.

Saturday night, Ed Smart joined the Drexel family at the 25th annual gala for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

"I don’t think parents can give up hope," Smart said.

Smart's daughter, 14-year-old Elizabeth Smart, returned home safely in 2003 after being spotted with her abductor.

For the Drexels, his story is a sign of hope for Brittanee, who has been missing for nearly 7 months.

"That's your child, that’s your flesh and blood...and you want to find them," Smart said.

The evening gave him a chance to reach out to the Drexel family.

“It helps to be around people who have either been through it or are going through it," Dawn Drexel, Brittanee's mother, said.

The 18-year-old disappeared on April 25th while on spring break in Myrtle Beach.

As people bid on Christmas decorations all around Dawn Drexel, she said the upcoming holiday will be difficult without her daughter.

"Decorating the Christmas tree," she said. "Decorating the house. Going out Christmas shopping. Wrapping gifts. She just loved it all."

"I just miss her so much," Brittanee's grandmother, Carol Wagner, said. "I just wish whoever has her just brings her home safely to us."

Ed Suk, Executive Director at the Center's New York branch, says the Drexels have to keep believing in Brittanee's return.

"We know that situations happen all the time, where a child's been missing for several months, several years, sometimes more than a decade, and that child is brought home safely," Suk said.

He says the story of Elizabeth Smart, who was found safe after nine months, is proof of that.

Ed Smart says the Drexels are doing the right thing by keeping Brittanee's photo out there.

"It is that awareness, it is going to be that exposure, that helps her to be found," Smart said.

"We have to keep hoping that she's out there," Dawn Drexel said. "We're hoping that somebody will come forward with any information."

The fundraiser included about a thousand items donated for silent auction and 33 items for a live auction.

All of the money goes toward the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children for activities like search efforts and education.

For more Rochester NY news, log onto www.whec.com.

This just crushes me. Hopefully those kids who were inMB with her will feel the pressure..I am sure it is a hot topic with her on the cover of People magazine. Someone knows something and these kids will eventually crack.

Yes, BD just disappeared as well as Jennifer, now we have Morgan Harrington the family of 3 in Oklahoma... People disappear every day apparently. The poor child (Somer Thompson) in FL who was abducted in full daylight in the midst of other children walking home from school. Same with Elizabeth Olten - and searchers had been all over her grave and didn't find it...only when the 15 yr old perp led LE to it was it found... And in all of these cases - seemingly no one saw anything...

If you will google areas in SC - such as the State parks - you will see exactly how much land is remote...thousands and thousands of acres... And from what locals have said...even some of them don't go into these areas...because they are so remote and because the cell phone service isn't so good - not to mention the dangerous critters that inhabit these parts...

BBM This is so true! There are gators and snakes and some of the terrain is harsh and swampy.
Also a lot of coastal areas have tons of water and waterways some of which aren't traveled as well due to inability to get a boat through, etc. Not to mention close proximity to the Atlantic ocean if one has a boat..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie