Garrido's Attorneys

Not sure of the most appropriate thread for this. They speak briefly with Garrido's attorney, though.

http://www.kcra.com/news/21633706/detail.html

PLACERVILLE, Calif. --
The trial against Phillip and Nancy Garrido could be moved to Sacramento, Stockton or Modesto, as finding impartial jurors could be difficult in Placerville, according to a former deputy district attorney.

From the above link:

Schlueter has reviewed this criminal complaint against the Garridos filed in late August. He said he agrees with the 29 counts the district attorney is after, with the exception of some errors.

"They do need to go through the complaint and clean up … there are some errors in the complaint that I've seen. They're not catastrophic errors, just language errors,"
Schlueter said.

:waitasec: What's up with that???? Technicalities can ruin a case!!!

From the above link:

Schlueter has reviewed this criminal complaint against the Garridos filed in late August. He said he agrees with the 29 counts the district attorney is after, with the exception of some errors.

"They do need to go through the complaint and clean up … there are some errors in the complaint that I've seen. They're not catastrophic errors, just language errors,"
Schlueter said.

I just came back to say, I'm glad that someone FINALLY publicly acknowledged all the mistakes in the complaint. About flippin time! Who the heck is Phillip Greg Garrido, anyway? I thought he was P. Craig G. I hope he presses this further.

I just came back to say, I'm glad that someone FINALLY publicly acknowledged all the mistakes in the complaint. About flippin time! Who the heck is Phillip Greg Garrido, anyway? I thought he was P. Craig G. I hope he presses this further.

Yeah, I brought that up a long time ago. If they can't figure out his correct name.....what the........ it's listed in several different official documents both ways! That'd be a start! But I wonder what else is wrong?

From the above link:

Schlueter said.

while this brings up my worries about them not crossing there t's or dottig there i's, you have to wonder why the lawyer isnt glad there isnt 200 or more charges here. there very well were more assaults then are charged in the complaint.

From the above link:

Schlueter said.

I am VERY curious to see an updated version, both the corrections they'll make and what, if any, charges they will add. Surely this will be filed before the next court date, Dec 11. I guess they were in a hurry! Maybe this will answer the questions we've had about the charges. I hope so.

Maybe they need to get a copy of his birth certificate and tack it to his forehead! Oh....... wait a minute.......maybe there wasn't one, anybody remember Rosemary's Baby???

Maybe they need to get a copy of his birth certificate and tack it to his forehead! Oh....... wait a minute.......maybe there wasn't one, anybody remember Rosemary's Baby???

:dance:

he got that letter to jaycee out thru some reporter.
i dont see how they can stop this guy from getting it out some other way.
hes manipulating the situation just like he always has

What letter did he get to Jaycee. I guess I missed that somehow.

Also it is not unusual for a lot of information to be behind closed doors so the public does not see it.

What letter did he get to Jaycee. I guess I missed that somehow.

Also it is not unusual for a lot of information to be behind closed doors so the public does not see it.

he wrote a letter, presumably to jaycee, about the cops 'violating her rights (ha!) And gave it to the same reporter, who then gave it to jaycee's lawyer mcgregor scott. jaycee never actually recieved the letter im sure. but he got the letter out of prison.

he wrote a letter, presumably to jaycee, about the cops 'violating her rights (ha!) And gave it to the same reporter, who then gave it to jaycee's lawyer mcgregor scott. jaycee never actually recieved the letter im sure. but he got the letter out of prison.

Have you read the letter? It was not to Jaycee, it was to Walt Gray. "To whom it may concern my first contact: Walt Gray". Walt is asked to "take the matter to a [private] attorney" and to contact "J.C. by attorney mail only", never to give her the letter. The letter was never given to McGregor Scott, he was only asked to comment on it, which he wisely declined to do.

This is the full story and a copy of the letter.
http://www.kcra.com/news/21165267/detail.html

Attachments

• 21165418.pdf
    309.2 KB · Views: 2
Have you read the letter? It was not to Jaycee, it was to Walt Gray. "To whom it may concern my first contact: Walt Gray". Walt is asked to "take the matter to a [private] attorney" and to contact "J.C. by attorney mail only", never to give her the letter. The letter was never given to McGregor Scott, he was only asked to comment on it, which he wisely declined to do.

This is the full story and a copy of the letter.

i read this letter and if i recall we all had this same argument when it was posted 2 months ago.
whether it was meant for scott it was given to him.
'contact j.c. by attorney mail only" which to me says he wants jaycee contacted about this letter.

i read this letter and if i recall we all had this same argument when it was posted 2 months ago.
whether it was meant for scott it was given to him.
'contact j.c. by attorney mail only" which to me says he wants jaycee contacted about this letter.

Wants Jaycee contacted regarding her rights being violated, not wrote a letter to her. Two totally different things.

Per the KCRA link:
McGregor Scott, a former U.S. attorney representing Dugard, was read the full text of the letter Wednesday. He declined to comment on it.

How does that become giving him the letter?

Wants Jaycee contacted regarding her rights being violated, not wrote a letter to her. Two totally different things.

Per the KCRA link:
McGregor Scott, a former U.S. attorney representing Dugard, was read the full text of the letter Wednesday. He declined to comment on it.

How does that become giving him the letter?

Thanks for clarifying...

Gray showed Gellman the letter Garrido sent, and she said she instructed Garrido not to contact the media and would strongly convey that to him again Wednesday.

Guess Garrido is still not listening to his attorney, but she didn't mention this when responding about the last letter.

im not gonna sit here and argue over this again, either way he intended this letter to somehow reach jaycee, can we agree on that?

All I'm doing is stating facts and backing them up with links.

well you'll notice then that his lawyer told him to cut it out. why would she do that if he wasnt trying to contact jaycee?

he got that letter to jaycee out thru some reporter.
i dont see how they can stop this guy from getting it out some other way.
hes manipulating the situation just like he always has

This is the kind of misinformation we are trying to stop!

well you'll notice then that his lawyer told him to cut it out. why would she do that if he wasnt trying to contact jaycee?

Gellman's job is not to protect Jaycee, it is to act in the best interest of her client, Phillip Garrido. Garrido contacting media outlets, spouting off his whack-a-loon ideas and revealing information about a case that is still under investigation and pending trial could potentially compromise her defense of him. She had only been his attorney for a short time and may not even have had a strategy at that point.

You'll notice that PG said he wouldn't give KCRA an interview about the letter unless she was present, but even after she arrived they didn't get an interview.

this is misinformation. ok fine.

i based what i said on the unreadable contents of his letter and the what was written in the article, if you rememmber, my2sisters. you seemed to agree with me on this 2 months ago.

Ok I knew about that letter. Was sort of wondering how he knew where she was. Thank you all for your information.

Ok I knew about that letter. Was sort of wondering how he knew where she was. Thank you all for your information.

It's hard sometimes to ensure that the information here stays correct and you can see that we take that very seriously. We try to ensure that WS is a source for accurate and concise information on all aspects of this case.

I'm glad you've joined our forum, jaz. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back