FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people like to focus on mom..any and all moms. some people obviously have a grudge against mom T. some people don't know what else to talk about in a case that is going cold - and that's me right now. I found it important to address the pages and pages trashing mom T over the holidays...I'm done now and hope something of substance will soon be released by LE - that will give most something relevant to discuss.

If I come across a bit defensive regarding mom DT, maybe I am. I have a place in my heart for single moms. One day my husband suddenly died and left me a single mom - and although I never had a tragic event with my children, I do know how difficult it is to provide and care for your family. And, I can honestly say, that if one of my children had ever been murdered, disappeared, or in harms way, I'm not sure at all how/what I would have done. I've devoted much of my professional life to forensics and/or single moms.

If we are breaking TOS by posting for pages and pages on a topic that it is not allowed here, I trust WS would be stepping in and taking care of this. For a poster to continually for pages and pages tell us what we can and can't post is ridiculous.

I will speak for myself here... I will post on whatever topic I wish with or without your approval, thank you anyway. AND if it takes me 20 pages to figure something out- well so be it. This is open discussion and all players are allowed to be discussed except minors, and posting certain links.

I'm not going in a corner and NOT discussing MOM T... DT... or whatever anyone wants to call her.

She has lawyered up and I want to know why-- she has NOT been excluded -- nor has anyone been officially cleared of anything, unless you are privy to information none of us have..??

The one thing that stands out to me here was that Somer TOLD A CONSTRUCTION WORKER HE WAS DOING A GOOD JOB

That is just so...? odd ? for a little girl to go up to a house under construction, and talk to a construction worker?? It just baffles me

I think it shows an "insight" into the way this particular little girl was especially vulnerable?

Some people like to focus on mom..any and all moms. some people obviously have a grudge against mom T. some people don't know what else to talk about in a case that is going cold - and that's me right now. I found it important to address the pages and pages trashing mom T over the holidays...I'm done now and hope something of substance will soon be released by LE - that will give most something relevant to discuss.

If I come across a bit defensive regarding mom DT, maybe I am. I have a place in my heart for single moms. One day my husband suddenly died and left me a single mom - and although I never had a tragic event with my children, I do know how difficult it is to provide and care for your family. And, I can honestly say, that if one of my children had ever been murdered, disappeared, or in harms way, I'm not sure at all how/what I would have done. I've devoted much of my professional life to forensics and/or single moms.

I think most of us have a place in our hearts for single moms. can u please elaborate on the bolded remark above?

I don't see any reason not to discuss DT...It would be great without the out and out bashing of her, but as far as not discussing her, that would be...well...impossible, considering her role in this case.
Moo, and other cow sounds.

I'm not a single mom and never have been, but obviously everyone has plenty of friends that are single moms. It's hard enough with a two parent family.

I don't think anyone is picking on her because she's a single mom. I think that we are looking at the inconsistencies that just don't add up. I don't think it would matter if she had been married with an intact family. I felt that you might be taking all of this personally.

There are things in her life that would seem to make the family vulnerable to a psychopath, be that family members or friends or acquaintances. Or it could have been something that just went out of control under stress.

It really is horrible that LE does not clear the family as obviously DT is getting hate mail. If she is innocent, that is horrible.

If a child has a vulnerability - the child predator will find it. If mom or dad has any vulnerabilities - the psychopath will find, exploit and use each and every one of them. That info comes from Dr. Robert Hare - 35 years of research on the psychopath.

I dont need 35 years of research to know that a 7yr old child left to walk alone or be supervised by a 10 yr old child is vulnerable... THEY BOTH are.. Research also shows criminals are lazy and look for easy targets.. common sense tells me unsupervised children are easy targets...

Maybe if mom T. had received her child support Somer would have had a better chance of after school supervision. it costs money ya know. Or, do you think she should have quit her job so she could be home after school?

The one thing that stands out to me here was that Somer TOLD A CONSTRUCTION WORKER HE WAS DOING A GOOD JOB

That is just so...? odd ? for a little girl to go up to a house under construction, and talk to a construction worker?? It just baffles me

I think it shows an "insight" into the way this particular little girl was especially vulnerable?
I can almost picture Somer saying that... she probably talked to the roofing contractors a lot when they worked on the house next door to her. She was lonely and I think she knew her killer. I think her wandering off was her killer already talking to her on those days she lingered behind.

I can almost picture Somer saying that... she probably talked to the roofing contractors a lot when they worked on the house next door to her. She was lonely and I think she knew her killer. I think her wandering off was her killer already talking to her on those days she lingered behind.

I agree fully with that and have thought basically this from the beginning. I think she was being groomed for awhile. (I didn't know about the house next door, but I can't keep up with every post, LOL.)

Maybe if mom T. had received her child support Somer would have had a better chance of after school supervision. it costs money ya know. Or, do you think she should have quit her job so she could be home after school?

How do you know she didn't get child support? She had another man living with her making $$$..... guess you are saying he didn't pay his way either??? SHE had plenty of spare change for her drugs-- but no after school care for her children? She could go home and have a long lunch with SP... and not work something out with her job to get her children?
Seems she could manage to swing a long lunch for a man-- but forget
doing that for her children.

Not buying it... not one iota... guess child support, her job, a live in with a job, and a few strays on the side with a job wasn't enough cash to share with caring for the children.

Again-- we are not privy to her child support situation... and I have to ask another question-- since Somers mother, MOMMY T, or DT... whatever she is... didn't mention Sam as Somer's father-- well is he her father or not and is that why no child support if she claims she didn't get any?

I recall Amber Frey getting child support from the guy she pointed the finger at for being the Daddy, and wouldn't ya know... he did the DNA and had been paying all along only to find out that he was NOT the daddy.

Someone posted here (somewhere) Mom makes $14 per hour, which would be approx. $29,000 per year and that b/f posted on his my space he earned 40-60,000? Sorry I can't confirm this but if true, that puts their income at $69,000 to $90,000 and IMO hardly chump change but of course it depends how you spend your money.

I wonder if DT knew that before she had 5??

:waitasec:

I think most of us have a place in our hearts for single moms. can u please elaborate on the bolded remark above?

If you would - please note in your post that 'you' bolded my sentence. And, no - I have no need to elaborate on why some people have a grudge or focus on mom T. as a contributing factor to her daughter's murder, or is the murderer. I'm sure those who do, know they do and they alone know their need to do so.

I have no problem discussing mom DT., but there are ways to do it so if her children or family should be reading these threads, it doesn't culminate into a character assassination. I don't see how that kind of speculation is a worthy contribution mho

Someone posted here (somewhere) Mom makes $14 per hour, which would be approx. $29,000 per year and that b/f posted on his my space he earned 40-60,000? Sorry I can't confirm this but if true, that puts their income at $69,000 to $90,000 and IMO hardly chump change but of course it depends how you spend your money.

AND DT's parents own the home she lives in that she shares so openly with any man that has the right equipment.

*sheesh* she had plenty of resources to care for the children... the drugs came first along with the men, and party time....!! Can't do both ...!

regarding DT and child support...several times I witnessed her getting a phone call from or calling M's dad (child #2 no longer living with her) and there was no "hi", "how are you", "go to hell", "eat shi#", "hold on a sec let me get M"....noooooo her first words to that dad were "WHERE'S MY MONEY?!?!?" no joke....I don't know if it was to show off, or if she was truly being a bi#ch toward him....but this happened more than once.

Theres your insight into DT.

No grudge...just truth.

Seems to me that you are making the assumption that b/f who earns $40-60K is helping raise the children. Why do you think such a thing?

I've been thinking (again) about the conflicting statements between the babysitter saying Somer would wander off and Diena saying she'd never done anything like this and wondered whether Diena meant she'd never stayed away this long before (hours and hours).

regarding DT and child support...several times I witnessed her getting a phone call from or calling M's dad (child #2 no longer living with her) and there was no "hi", "how are you", "go to hell", "eat shi#", "hold on a sec let me get M"....noooooo her first words to that dad were "WHERE'S MY MONEY?!?!?" no joke....I don't know if it was to show off, or if she was truly being a bi#ch toward him....but this happened more than once.

No grudge...just truth.

Sounds like every convo I have with my daughters father..."You gonna pay me this month? Didn't figure, talk to you next month!"
No reason for words more than that, IMO.

But my reasoning is that he doesn't care about our child, so the only real connection we have is that money, which I don't want, but am entitled to. Past that, there is nothing to talk about. He knows how to find out the weather and the time of day, and unless he plans to finally sign over his rights and go away, there's nothing in his life I care to know about.

Insight.

No grudge...just truth.

Oh I could tell right off the bat what her attitude and trashy talk was all about when she appeared on TV. She is a spiteful one... no doubt... just look at the obit -- how she treated Somer in death... she did not even grant her murdered daughter her own father's name on her death cert. That was her spiteful way to punish him..!! KARMA... she is getting a pretty good dose, and she will more than likely continue down the same path of destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288