Evelyn Wanek

I'm just catching up so bear with me...This is the Evelyn Wanek we are interested in, right? Died in 1992 at the age of 86?*Full Name Age Year Born Birth Date Death Date Last Residence * *******************************************WANEK, EVELYN 86 1906
Sorry, the post doesn't appear as it did on the site I found it on

The last residence should be Boulder Creek, Santa Cruz County, CA.

A little more genealogical information on Evelyn Wanek

&Evelyn's uncle Nick Matuska (b.10-11-1883 d.3-28-1965 Wilkin, MN) lived with the Wanek family for several years. Uncle Nick married in 1911 to Wilma and had 3 daughters (one named Evelyn) and 2 sons in ND by 1930. Not sure when he moved to MN, but his children would all be about the right age to receive a child Anna's age. Nick's WWI draft info lists him as medium height, blue eyes and brown hair

A man by the name of Frank Zitka (b.1868) lived with the Wanek family as a lodger or a servant in the 1930's

http://www.loc.gov/poetry/poetpoem2.html There's a Connie Wanek in MN at the link to the left (scroll down til you get to her bio). She works at the public library so maybe we can get her interested in helping us with some research

Boulder Creek is a notorious area of alternative healing gurus and 60's hippies even to this day...Wanek being here is not a surprise, Her family is probably still in the bay area, if she has one

The last residence should be Boulder Creek, Santa Cruz County, CA.
Just to add to this, her CA death index records states she died in San Mateo County...probably in a hospital I'd assume.

Eveylns Sister: Loretta F. (Guidici) b. 10-25-1911 d. 10-19-1995 (Santa Cruz CA)

Loretta Frances Wanek married Peter Guidici (both deceased)
children:
David Charles Guidici b.5-16-42 d.10-27-81 (San Mateo CA)
Maureen C. Guidici b.12-7-37

Maureen is still living, married twice, and appears to have a couple step-children, none of her own. If Anna was given to a Wanek family member, Maureen would be a possible choice. IMHO. There was a (now 40 year old) woman living in their household at one time. I believe she was the wife of a step son....

Sorry to quote my own quote, but I was wondering if Doogie or SherlockJr ever contacted Maureen yet? Last I head, there where plans to. I realize you guys are very busy, but she's getting older, (70). She might have a story to tell...or maybe not. :rolleyes:

:blowkiss: It's SOOO good to have you back!!! :woohoo:

Thanks Much. I can't dp much until I get my laptop fixed. I have NO idea what happened. I can go to certain sites but others just come up blank so I'll do as much as I can. It should be fixed this week.

Would anyone object if I wrote Maureen Guidici a letter? I've asked about her a few times, but no one has replied if she has been contacted or not.

Would anyone object if I wrote Maureen Guidici a letter? I've asked about her a few times, but no one has replied if she has been contacted or not.
I'm sure nobody would object to your writing Maureen Guidici a letter.

http://www.loc.gov/poetry/poetpoem2.html There's a Connie Wanek in MN at the link to the left (scroll down til you get to her bio). She works at the public library so maybe we can get her interested in helping us with some research

I wonder if she has ever done any geneological research on her family history?
If she is not related to the Wanek in Calif, then I wonder if she could be persuaded to see if the woman is related to her/get more info from her?

I don't see where I ever posted this bit of information before: I heard back from the Gearson Institute (the alternative medicine / cancer clinic in San Diego which uses, among other techniques, enema therapy). They do not have a record of Evelyn Wanek being an authorized practicioner of their techniques.
This is the woman (now deceased) with whom GW had a 40-minute phone conversation around the time Brody died. This is one of the items of interest which really had no resolution. Another is the Freedom of Information Act and how one could get any documents about GW and GB which might exist. Any ideas?

This is the woman (now deceased) with whom GW had a 40-minute phone conversation around the time Brody died. This is one of the items of interest which really had no resolution. Another is the Freedom of Information Act and how one could get any documents about GW and GB which might exist. Any ideas?

Hi Annasmom,

This and many other ideas, suggestions and theories (some very good ones) seem to have gone by the wayside. I have an idea that I am working on to try to make sure that these things are not overlooked. I will post my idea in the next few days to get some feedback.

Hey Interested...

Did you ever write to Marureen Guidici? Excellent idea!

SK

Hey Interested...

Did you ever write to Marureen Guidici? Excellent idea!

SK

Hello...yes, I did write to her 2 times, basically the same letter a month or so apart. (If I remember correctly) All I had was a snail mail address so I sent real letters in the mail, (with a stamp and everything...lol) to the address I had found on Ancestry or Veromi, (can't recall which). I included my name, address and phone number...and nothing. Never heard from her. I'm only guessing that it was an old address, or she didn't bother to reply.

I think about Anna a lot, and have saved a few of her pictures onto my slide show screen saver. Every time I see her sweet little face I always say a prayer for her. I wish I had more time to dedicate to Anna but unfortunately I don't have the time I once did.

Since I'm on here, I have a question that I always wanted to ask Annasmom. Were Anna's eyes a deep chocolate brown or were they lighter...more on the hazel side of brown?

Hello...yes, I did write to her 2 times, basically the same letter a month or so apart. (If I remember correctly) All I had was a snail mail address so I sent real letters in the mail, (with a stamp and everything...lol) to the address I had found on Ancestry or Veromi, (can't recall which). I included my name, address and phone number...and nothing. Never heard from her. I'm only guessing that it was an old address, or she didn't bother to reply.

I think about Anna a lot, and have saved a few of her pictures onto my slide show screen saver. Every time I see her sweet little face I always say a prayer for her. I wish I had more time to dedicate to Anna but unfortunately I don't have the time I once did.

Since I'm on here, I have a question that I always wanted to ask Annasmom. Were Anna's eyes a deep chocolate brown or were they lighter...more on the hazel side of brown?
It's good to see you here again! Her eyes were a light brown.

I looked into this woman awhile ago, but cannot recall why I stopped. I do not believe that she has been ruled out.

Tracy%20Wanek.jpg
http://slocea.org/Tracy Wanek.jpg

Does she look close enough to follow up on?

I looked into this woman awhile ago, but cannot recall why I stopped. I do not believe that she has been ruled out.

Tracy%20Wanek.jpg

Does she look close enough to follow up on?

She was ruled out. I don't remember why, but she was.... Doogie you ought to know I am the nit picky about the nit pickiest, lol. She was.... I will look over my the holiday break. I vaguelly remember she was married to someone or something like that....

Did anyone ever do an family tree on Evelyn and see about adoptee's that way?

C'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back