Brittany Murphy Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brittany was one of my faves. Using the word "was" is so hard to do. Condolences to her family and may she rest in peace.

UPDATE 4:00 PM ET -- We're also told the LAPD has launched a death investigation.

UPDATE 4:07 PM ET -- A rep for Murphy tells TMZ, "In this time of sadness, the family thanks you for your love and support. It is their wish that you respect their privacy."

UPDATE 5:21 PM ET -- Two LAPD officers were just spotted going into Murphy's home.

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aGs1sX0l

Brittany Murphy's Husband Returns Home

Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:35PM by TMZ Staff
Simon Monjack, Brittany Murphy's husband, was spotted returning home from the hospital this afternoon.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aGs9bNBL

They kept too quite about the cause of Karen Carpenter’s passing. So many could have learned from her tragedy. Karen Carpenter was magnificent; an angel with a voice. I miss her talent dearly. Sorry off topic.

I really hope this wasn't a result of drug use. Brittany's hubby was rushed to the hospital after collapsing at LAX on Nov. 28. There were rumors that he wasn't a good influence on Brittany. Here's a link to the report on TMZ. It's the 4th installment dated Dec. 8.

http://www.tmz.com/tag/brittany+murphy/

This just breaks my heart.

They kept too quite about the cause of Karen Carpenter’s passing. So many could have learned from her tragedy. Karen Carpenter was magnificent; an angel with a voice. I miss her talent dearly. Sorry off topic.

Her actual cause of death was abuse of synthroid, a thyroid hormone to regualte metabolism and organ function. Too much causes heart issues and cardiac arrest. Byproduct of an eating or body dysmorphic disorder.

I know, can you imagine??? Especially, as someone else said, around the holidays. It's so incredibly sad.
I know poor mom, she will never again have a Christmas without tears :(

GOD BLESS HER MOM. :beats:

Stars respond to her death:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/stars-react-to-the-death-of-brittany-murphy/32967?nc

Kathy Najimy, her co-star on King of the Hill, commented she got hooked up with the wrong people. That was in interesting comment.

I hope they respond by eating more
:(
so many of them are just waifes. :crazy:
I was in South Hampton over the Summer and Kelly Rippa was there. (she lives in my neighborhood and I would have recognized her, but I did not). We were all at a vegetable stand and she asked if she can go ahead of me, I said sure.....My girlfriend said the lady I let go ahead was Kelly Rippa and I said no it was not, but she resembles her.
Then her handsome husband came out of the car to pick up the goodies and My jaw fell out. IT sure was Kelly, She looked like a shadow of her original self. I did not think it was attractive at all.

Here's a video that still works. I agree that it's wonderful.

Happy Feet: Somebody to Love en Yahoo! Video

Thanks for posting that. I never knew she could sing. I loved her in the movie "Uptown Girls". When I first heard of her death, the first thing that crossed my mind was anorexia. She had gotten so thin.

Many prayers to her family and friends. She was a beautiful person and wonderful actress.

I am so sad about this, she was one of my favs and I dont really "do" celebrities.

hubby doesnt want autopsy done, obvs there will be one anyways. wonder what he knows that he doesnt want them to know?

TMZ now reporting that Brittany's husband allegedly did not want an autopsy performed but the coroner's office disagreed. Brittany's mom allegedly stated that her daughter was a diabetic. I had no idea she was diabetic! This could explain alot, if true.

alg_murphy_2009.jpg

Anorexia often causes cardiac arrest.

I know PAX...What a pretty and talented girl :(
In this photo she makes Angelina look good.
Too many waifs out there these days. WAY TO MANY..:(

I am so sad about this, she was one of my favorite actresses. She was so real and never seemed like the typical Hollywood girl. Such a beautiful and talented lady. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Thanks for posting that. I never knew she could sing. I loved her in the movie "Uptown Girls". When I first heard of her death, the first thing that crossed my mind was anorexia. She had gotten so thin.

Many prayers to her family and friends. She was a beautiful person and wonderful actress.

Me too, I did not know she could sing until today either; what a sad ending to a life that was in its prime. :(

This makes me mad...this weight loss for many of the start is an obsession; to many are beginning to look like a waif instead of a woman. Even Angelina who was womanly is now looking like a waif.
It is so sad - she was so young...

Hollywood sensibilities about weight are sooo effed up. At least Mattel came out with a realistic looking Barbie years ago. It's very sad what Hollywood puts actress' through. :furious:

Here's a video that still works. I agree that it's wonderful.

Happy Feet: Somebody to Love en Yahoo! Video

Thanks, great video.

I hope they respond by eating more
so many of them are just waifes. :crazy:
I was in South Hampton over the Summer and Kelly Rippa was there. (she lives in my neighborhood and I would have recognized her, but I did not). We were all at a vegetable stand and she asked if she can go ahead of me, I said sure.....My girlfriend said the lady I let go ahead was Kelly Rippa and I said no it was not, but she resembles her.
Then her handsome husband came out of the car to pick up the goodies and My jaw fell out. IT sure was Kelly, She looked like a shadow of her original self. I did not think it was attractive at all.

It's not it's disgusting. A woman with a little meat on her bones is ok. Lindsay Lohan was soooooo hot before she lost all her weight. JMO

Wanted to express my condolences for Brittany Murphy and family. What a sad and senseless tragedy. IFyou believe the on-line gossip sites, Brittany struggled with drug issues and her husband. Only 32, with a whole life left to live. It makes it so much more sad that this happened during the holidays. RIP Brittany

I know PAX...What a pretty and talented girl :(
In this photo she makes Angelina look good.
Too many waifs out there these days. WAY TO MANY..:(

That sweetheart looks ill in that pic. I am so sad at the system that produces such death and destruction. RIP Brittany Murphy...a nice girl done in by the system.

Me too, I did not know she could sing until today either; what a sad ending to a life that was in its prime. :(

And who knew little Brittany could hold her own with Somebody to Love....proud of her...sad for her and her family.

This is not a surprise to anyone who has been following the entertainment sites and blind items. Search back about two weeks on the popular sites and see if anything sounds familiar.

There was a story suggesting that her departure from her last film was not voluntary. Who knows what the truth is? The story is out there.

I had no idea she could belt out a tune like that! Thanks for the link, recovering lurker.

What a great talent! I always watched King of the Hill because I loved her role as LuAnn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member