Identified! AR - Hamburg, WhtMale UP2935, 20-40, red beard, hit by semi, May'89 - Charles Cornell

My vote is for 'red'

hope we get an answer soon! Someone must know this man!!

Finally, some information! So it was not a hit and run, and am I reading this correctly, that a police officer witnessed this?

"The deputy had been dispatched to the area to check a report of a man walking in the road. Smith said that he was about 100 feet away from the man waiting for traffic to pass so that he could go back and check the man when he was hit by the truck."

Look at this possible!
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/devore_norman.html
Norman Devore went missing on 3-29-1981 from Modesto, CA, he was 27 years old at the time, he was reportedly 6' and 145 to 170 lbs. Not alot of details on his disappearance. But the resemblance is eerie!!
Since Devores photo is black and white, I made John Does the same. Here's the side by side:
This is the closest I have seen and I think it is because of the eye socket/forehead structure and the ears although there is not much showing in one pic. It looks very close. Sorry, i did not read the demographics yet. Will catch up soon. Very good!

Do these links get changed around? That last one in Fastpitch Mom's last post goes to Jack Kitchen, last seen July 09. And some of the links in the first couple of posts don't work.

Do these links get changed around? That last one in Fastpitch Mom's last post goes to Jack Kitchen, last seen July 09. And some of the links in the first couple of posts don't work.

When I copied/pasted the link, I had Gary Dover pulled up. When I just went back and clicked on my link, a Matilda Smith was there. I don't know what happened.

According to NAMUS, DNA has been submitted. Yes! Hopefully, there will be a match.

Thanks Snufu:

I think I've found him!

View attachment 7181 View attachment 7182

John Campbell
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/campbell_john.html

I spotted him about a week ago and immediately thought of this case, but couldn't remember which UID case it was, or where I had seen it.

I bookmarked J Campbell's Charlie link figuring that eventually i would run across the morgue photo again.

I just submitted this possible to Chris Edwards of the Arkansas Crime Lab.

I just submitted this possible to Chris Edwards of the Arkansas Crime Lab.

I only look at the front teeth and nose of the Doe, and think that John Campbell had a very bulby nose and his teeth were different. Meh, just me, maybe.

I only look at the front teeth and nose of the Doe, and think that John Campbell had a very bulby nose and his teeth were different. Meh, just me, maybe.

I think that those differences may be a result of the camera angles. The postmortem is taken from slightly under his nose and to his right, where the photo of JSC is taken directly from eye level and straight on. This makes his teeth appear more arched in JSC's photo, and makes the UID's nose look narrower.

One of the things that cinch it for me (among other things) are the low and wide cheekbones, the high arching eyebrows and that his hair is light on top and darker on the sides.

Remember also that the color picture of JSC is apparently a NCMEC age progression.

I was thinking of the nose too, but the difference is so minimal...they really look so much alike. Well spotted, Carl...*fingers crossed*

Good find Carl! Red looks alot older, John would be 22 then, but good grief, hard living and fighting depression for 4 years could put some years on him, they sure do have the same type of look imo..

Good find Carl! Red looks alot older, John would be 22 then, but good grief, hard living and fighting depression for 4 years could put some years on him, they sure do have the same type of look imo..

I once knew a guy from high school that seemed perfectly normal, good looking and popular with the women. Then one day while I was sitting in a doughnut shop he walked in from the rain, soaking wet, looking for free food and babbling incoherently. I don't know if it was drugs or if something just short-circuited in his head, but he has been a homeless wanderer ever since.

It didn't take more than a year or two of living in the elements for him to physically age from a guy who was about 20 to a weathered, bearded, scraggly looking guy who looked like he was in his mid 40's.

I once knew a guy from high school that seemed perfectly normal, good looking and popular with the women. Then one day while I was sitting in a doughnut shop he walked in from the rain, soaking wet, looking for free food and babbling incoherently. I don't know if it was drugs or if something just short-circuited in his head, but he has been a homeless wanderer ever since.

It didn't take more than a year or two of living in the elements for him to physically age from a guy who was about 20 to a weathered, bearded, scraggly looking guy who looked like he was in his mid 40's.

Schizophrenia can hit like that. Just out of the blue. Especially in young people; I've read that the 20's are the prime age for that happening. That sounds like what happened to Paulette Jaster, as well.

I just received a call from Chris Edwards of the Arkansas Crime Lab. He said that he contacted Humboldt State University Police, and sent them a postmortem photo of John Doe. They were very impressed with the "striking resemblance" to John S Campbell, and they are going to try to contact his family to see if they can get blood and DNA samples from them.

He said that he still has a blood swatch from the UID, but he does not have dental x-rays available. He only has old polaroids of the UID's teeth showing the fillings, so it will be somewhat difficult to do a dental comparison.

He also said that he is reluctant to send the data to the North Texas crime lab because he may not hear back from them for a year and a half due to the backlog. Instead, he is going to try getting the FBI crime lab to look at it.

He will keep me posted on any developments.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back