Durham police have charged Raven Abaroa with murder in the April 2005 death of his wi

Swat team and a command post was used per news reports

Something tells me they suspected he was about to crack and maybe go off the deep end. Wonder if they will find a weapon stockpile?

The family friend that was interviewed said it was time to arrest him 'because of the safety of the officers involved".

Hmmm.

Sounds like there will be more to this story.
Can't wait to read the SW's on his house and computer.

There has been been great concern for Kaiden's safety and well being for many years now. I am so glad they exicuted this arrest with such care. I hope and pray that Kaiden can come home to Janet's family as soon as possible. Something tells me that thier faith that justice will finally come, that they are fully prepared for all the next steps in this process.

I haven't read a single post yet but I didn't want to waste even a second before posting. It feels surreal to see this moment finally come to pass! I can't wait to get into the threads and read all of the details but wanted to check in, say hello to everyone, and send my love to the family. This has been such a tremendously long road for you. You deserve to finally get justice for your beloved Janet.

Amen JG...Amen. Nice to see you again!

:woohoo:I was so happy to see this today, it totally made my day!!
YAY!!! Justice for JANET!!

There has been been great concern for Kaiden's safety and well being for many years now. I am so glad they exicuted this arrest with such care. I hope and pray that Kaiden can come home to Janet's family as soon as possible. Something tells me that thier faith that justice will finally come, that they are fully prepared for all the next steps in this process.

Kaiden has been my concern today. I pray he is with Janet's family tonight.

Here's to justice closer to being served to PNess!!

Praying & thinking good thoughts for Kaiden and Janet's Family.

Kaiden has been my concern today. I pray he is with Janet's family tonight.

He's actually living with Karen Abaroa Bolton in Utah says a few articles that were online today.

She drove up to Montpelier and picked him up the reports stated.

Kaiden would grow up so much more loved, happier and in a more stable environment if he was with the Christiansens than with the woman that raised this narcissistic sociopath. :banghead:

I still can't figure out this move to Idaho. I mean was the Powell case being in the news a big factor, did something trigger this move there? He took Kaiden and moved to Idaho for a reason. I know his name was brought up quite a few times on the web since the Powell case, but what made this move? Did he even have a job?

I can't understand why Salt Lake City, Utah news isn't jumping all over this also. He lived in Idaho how long? They are actually running this story in the Los Angeles Times, in New York, but not much coming out of Utah and it's weird to see all the stories say "Idaho Man" arrested....

Anyone else feel this was kinda weird?

He's actually living with Karen Abaroa Bolton in Utah says a few articles that were online today.

She drove up to Montpelier and picked him up the reports stated.

Kaiden would grow up so much more loved, happier and in a more stable environment if he was with the Christiansens than with the woman that raised this narcissistic sociopath. :banghead:

I still can't figure out this move to Idaho. I mean was the Powell case being in the news a big factor, did something trigger this move there? He took Kaiden and moved to Idaho for a reason. I know his name was brought up quite a few times on the web since the Powell case, but what made this move? Did he even have a job?

I can't understand why Salt Lake City, Utah news isn't jumping all over this also. He lived in Idaho how long? They are actually running this story in the Los Angeles Times, in New York, but not much coming out of Utah and it's weird to see all the stories say "Idaho Man" arrested....

Anyone else feel this was kinda weird?

Thank you! Hopefully, her family will have him soon.

I'd love to know why he moved to that tiny little town as well. Doubt there are jobs there - new squeeze?

I'll fenture a guess...SLC will be all over it in a few days. JMO.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=7253665

This video shows him walking into court.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7253260

"Raven Abaroa since moved to Idaho where he's living with a new girlfriend when he was arrested."

I've been told by several sources that he was not living with a girl when he was arrested, but he did start dating someone in Idaho recently. From what I been told she had no clue about Raven's past and they had just met.

I wonder what happened to the other girl he was dating Melissa?

I'm so glad that I don't have to go to bed and worry about Raven hurting another woman. It's slowly setting in.

A couple of Utah news outlets have picked up on the story. The basic headline is Idaho resident arrested for pregnant wifes murder. And no mention of the connection to Utah or his equally freaky Utah family. Arghhh!

Has anyone come across a probable cause statement? I'll keep an eye for one, but I'm super stretched at the moment.

Since the Feds were also involved in this, I am thinking it will be a while before anything comes out. They have a while to go, they need to work out the extradition, hopefully Beverly Purdue gets on this quick and it will be ready for court February 17th. The Governor Warrant is a formality that will go through without much of a hitch, I hope.

He will then get transported to Durham County and then we should get some more information.

This case has been handled tight-lipped from LE from the get-go. I have a feeling it is going to remain that way.

Any news that comes out will be bits and pieces but after 4 years 9+ months now, I think that Raven had a huge control over a lot of people speaking out and I hope people reach out to investigators with anything without fear now.

It has been hard on the Janet's family, because of Kaiden and trying to not cross Raven.

It's also been very hard on Raven's family & friends. Not all the family & friends of Raven believe he's innocent, and if you know Raven & his mother Karen and the control they exert, you would understand.

People close to them have been afraid to speak out. It's like my blog, the Monster in the Room, it's fear, but it's fear because you feel you have no choice but to deal with him. There's also a fear of the matriarch of the family, who can cut you to shreds with her words.

Hopefully some of these barriers are now torn away and the family and friends can start coming to terms with what they know in their heart of hearts to be true. The monster in the room can be a brother, a cousin, a friend, a nephew, a passed coworker, or classmate. It's time to do what's right. Janet didn't deserve to die, and Kaiden didn't deserve to lose his Mother.

I understand the sadness that Kaiden now lost his father. I feel for Kaiden and he's been a concern from the beginning, but Raven put Kaiden in this position. Not Janet's family, not LE, not us people on the internet, this falls squarely on the shoulders of Raven. When he decided to go through with his plan on April 26, 2005 and kill Janet and their unborn child, he is the one that ultimately is to be blame for what happens in the next chapter of Kaiden's life.

To all that are hurting, I'm sorry. I'm sad for all the families hurting this night and for that beautiful little boy that lost his Mommy that loved him so much, and her family that has been pushed to the distance of having a day to day relation without Janet's son in their life.

May Janet continue to watch over Kaiden.

Here is a link of a very interesting article. I'm trying to keep all the news in the Media thread, most of these articles are much the same, but this article seems more in depth from the perspective of the police & the family spokesperson and really is worth examining:

Murder arrest: Montpelier man accused of killing wife in N. Carolina

http://journalnet.com/article_e02b5054-109a-11df-9833-001cc4c002e0.html

Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:05 am | Updated: .
By Debbie Bryce dbryce@journalnet.com | 0 comments

PARIS — Raven Samuel Abaroa....SNIPPED

Family spokesman Tim Dowd and his wife, LaVerta, of Smithfield, Va., were friends of Raven and Janet Abaroa, but Raven’s behavior following the murder caused him to go to the police.

“There were just certain things I thought the police needed to know,” Dowd said.

Dowd said Raven Abaroa left the area quickly following Janet’s murder. He returned just once when he pleaded guilty to embezzlement and was sentenced to probation. He was allowed to move to Utah to be closer to his parents.

Janet’s family maintained constant communication with investigators in the case.

“This is the first step in a long drawn out process,” Dowd said. “We wanted (the police) to be thorough and to be sure they had the right guy. We’re convinced that they’ve done that.”

Dowd said Janet’s family kept in contact with Raven Abaroa and traveled to Utah to visit Kaiden, now 5, during the summer.

“Right now their primary concern is for their grandson,” Dowd said. “I think right now there is a lot of sadness and sorrow. Raven was their son-in-law.”

Montpelier Police Chief Greg Butler said Kaiden was released to Raven Abaroa’s parents following his arrest Monday.

SNIPPED

Monday’s arrest was a joint operation by the Durham Police Department, the FBI Task Force, the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, the Montpelier Police Department, the Southeast Idaho Special Tactics and Response Team and the Bear Lake County Sheriff’s Department.

“We are grateful for all the agencies that assisted in the arrest of Abaroa. “When you have a suspect that dangerous you can never have enough help,” Butler said.

Butler was contacted by North Carolina Monday morning and he then requested assistance from the Southeast Idaho Special Tactics and Response Team. The team maintained surveillance on Abaroa until investigators from North Carolina arrived.

Once the team confirmed that 5-year-old Kaiden was out of the house, Abaroa was arrested without incident.

“This arrest is the result of hard and tenacious work by our investigators and a strong partnership with the FBI and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation. Investigators continued to follow leads and never gave up,” said Durham Police Chief Jose L. Lopez Sr.

Charles Sole, Chief Investigator for the Durham Police was at Tuesday’s hearing, but refused to comment further about the case.

So much for Raven to want to return to NC to clear his name. :waitasec:

Guess it's easier to hide-out in Idaho.:snooty:

I hope he realizes his notoriety is national, not just clear back in NC. People in Idaho now 'know his name and what he did to his beautiful, young, pregnant wife.':furious:

JMHO
fran

Holy cack! I can't believe I missed this!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Termatrixinator you called it....you said you always knew that he would be charged....wow. Most awesome!

Reading some of the new articles that mention Vanessa, I find myself thinking that Raven marrying Vanessa might have been the best thing that could have happened for this case. I really do believe, like others have said, that Vanessa was instrumental in things in the case coming together since the summer. Without her, I wonder if we'd still be sitting here awaiting justice.

I just want to say again how much I admire Vanessa for finding the extreme courage to do the right thing. She may have had some missing pieces that would not have been found otherwise. And had Raven not made the decision to remarry, he might still be walking free. Thank God fate had other plans.

Here's the story of the above link:

SANDY, Utah (ABC 4 News) – A five year old mystery murder in North Carolina lead to the arrest of a Sandy City man.

Raven Abaroa was arrested in Idaho. He’s accused of murdering his wife Janet, five years ago in North Carolina.

The Murder remained unsolved until new evidence lead North Carolina Authorities to Idaho where they arrested Abaroa.

Abaroa who grew up in Sandy City even married a West Jordan woman following the death of his first wife.

Vanessa Pond told ABC 4 that it was a marriage that was doomed from the beginning.

“He was frightening. He would yell and curse me out and it started getting a lot worse.”

Pond claims that from the honeymoon until three months later, when they divorced, she was yelled at every day.

“He was screaming at me and pushing me around. He even threw me up against threw all and I fell to the ground and he tried to convince me that I tripped.”

But now Aborea is under arrest for a North Carolina murder involving his first wife Janet.

Pond knew about Janet’s death in 2005. Abaroa told her all about it.

“He lied down on the bed next to me and started cuddling up to me and talking about how mad he was after Janet died, not sad, brokenhearted or anything like that but he just expressed anger and then he cuddled up to me and promised me ‘I’ll never hurt you.’”

This afternoon Pond met with Janet’s family who are in Utah. They’re here to check on the welfare of Raven and Janet’s son. They always felt Abaroa was responsible for Janet’s death and wouldn’t let the case die.

Abaroa remains jailed in Idaho and is fighting against extradition to North Carolina

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back