Vigils for Haleigh in February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

atherella

Where is Haleigh?
Reaction score
Huh?! There were vigils at Dunn's Creek Baptist Church at first, then one at Welaka Baptist Church for Haleigh's birthday.

Ooh - the Christmas vigil was at Annette's wasn't it?

Is there another one scheduled?

BBM

Hope for HaLeigh Prayer Vigil February 6th, 2010 @ Celebration Park in Glen St. Mary, Florida Time 5:30 p.m.

There is going to be another one on February 10th in Putnam. No details on it yet, though. Will update on the details when they are available.

Thank you for that Ath.

God bless this family and may he answer prayers and bring Haleigh home.

“Hope for HaLeigh” Prayer Vigil Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 5:30 PM

"Snip" http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6288494.php
Staff Reports Posted: Friday, 05 February 2010 2:53PM

The family of HaLeigh Cummings will be holding a “Hope for HaLeigh” Prayer Vigil in Glen Saint Mary, Florida on Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 5:30 PM ET. The prayer vigil will be held at Celebration Park.

HaLeigh’s mother Crystal Sheffield and grandmother Marie Griffis invite everyone to come and pray for HaLeigh’s safe return.

The directions to Celebration Park in Glen Saint Mary, Florida are as follows:
From I-10, take Hwy 125 North. Go north approximately 1 mile and Celebration Park will be on the left next to the Fire Department

Family To Hold Prayer Vigil For Haleigh Cummings
Anniversary Of Girl's Disappearance Nearin

"Snip" http://www.wesh.com/news/22469264/detail.html
February 4, 2010

SATSUMA, Fla. --
The family of Haleigh Cummings, will hold a Hope For Haleigh Prayer Vigil this weekend.

Crystal Sheffield, and Marie Griffis, said the vigil is open for anyone
who would like to pray for the girl's safe return.

Sheffield and Griffis also invited any families with missing loved ones to attend. They are asked to bring pictures of their loved one, along with any information about their disappearance to promote awareness.

The vigil will be held at Celebration Park on Saturday at 5:30 p.m.

Report: Vigil for Haleigh Cummings set for Saturday
Orlando Sentinel
The Hope For Haleigh Prayer Vigil will be at 5:30 pm at Celebration Park, WESH.com is reporting.

BBM

Hope for HaLeigh Prayer Vigil February 6th, 2010 @ Celebration Park in Glen St. Mary, Florida Time 5:30 p.m.

There is going to be another one on February 10th in Putnam. No details on it yet, though. Will update on the details when they are available.

Per Page 2A of PDN, 2/4/10:

LOCAL

Satsuma
Vigil set Wenesday for Haleigh Cummings

A "Hope for Haleigh" candlelight vigil will be held on Wednesday from 6 - 8 p.m. in Satsuma.

The vigil will be held at 202 Green Lane to mark the first anniversary of the missing kindergartner''s disappearance.

---------------------
---------------------

It's not easy to notice, btw. The above is verbatim.

Wonder why they moved it.

Also, I didn't see anything in the link w/that phone # for the Justice Coalition.

Probably moved it so there is more space? Isn't that corner where LE had set up the command center?

Another confirmation on the place:

There will be another vigil Wednesday night at 5:30 to mark the night Haleigh disappeared. It will be in Satsuma at the corner of Tyler Street and Monroe Avenue.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151700&catid=3

Probably moved it so there is more space? Isn't that corner where LE had set up the command center?

Another confirmation on the place:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151700&catid=3

Today's PDN, special coverage of Haleigh Case, "Child's Family Stays Hopeful"
Kristen Chambers, correspondent
pg 8A "Family" - continued from Page 1A

The public is invited to the family's vigil, "Hope for Haleigh," on Wednesday at 6 p.m.

It will be held at the River Villas neighborhood at 202 Green Lane, to remember the first anniversary of the missing kindergartner's disappearance.

"We thank the Putnam community for all of thier love and support," Neves said.

FWIW - 202 Green Lane is not in River Villas as far as I can tell. I believe River Villas has privacy fencing all the way around it to keep it separated, reducing pass-through traffic. Also, the command center was previously set up in the River Villas clubhouse.

Regardless, the corner of Monroe & Tyler is right there next to Green Lane, so no biggie.

eta - but the times do differ

Family Plans Vigil For Haleigh Cummings
Haleigh Cummings Missing For One Year

SATSUMA, Fla. --
The family of missing girl Haleigh Cummings, 6, plans to gold a vigil in Satsuma tomorrow.

The vigil for Haleigh will be held tomorrow at 6 p.m. on Tyler and Monroe streets.
http://www.wesh.com/news/22514358/detail.html

ETA:

Vigil set for Wednesday, anniversary of Haleigh's disappearance

Meanwhile, a vigil will be held today a short distance from the Satsuma home in southeastern Putnam County from which Haleigh vanished. It will start at 6 p.m. at the corner of Tyler Street and Monroe Avenue.

Family members of Cummings and Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, are expected to attend. A similar vigil was held Saturday in Glen St. Mary in Baker County, where Sheffield lives.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100209/ARTICLES/100209394/1002?p=1&tc=pg

Vigil tonight to revive hope for Haleigh Cummings
The candlelight vigil will be at 6 p.m. at Tyler Street and Monroe Avenue near where she vanished in Satsuma.

Today marks the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of Putnam County kindergartner Haleigh Cummings.

A candlelight vigil will be at 6 p.m. at Tyler Street and Monroe Avenue near where she vanished in Satsuma.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...l_tonight_to_revive_hope_for_haleigh_cummings

ETA:

Haleigh Vigil Tonight in Satsuma
TJ Hart

Today is the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of Putnam County 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

A candlelight vigil will be held tonight at 6 p.m. at Tyler Street and Monroe Avenue in Satsuma.
http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6330771.php

I'm glad that HaLeigh had two beautiful vigils and both sides of her family attended BOTH. I think that is great that they "came together" for the vigils and were able to pray together for her.

I pray that all of HaLeigh's loved ones will soon have answers. I just cannot imagine THEIR pain, when I feel so much myself. It's just heartbreaking. :(

Since the vigil is over, any chance we could un-sticky this thread and discuss the vigil? I have lots of questions. thx!

I attended the Satsuma vigil. There was a deputy sheriff's car parked at the only entrance of River Villas, I now suspect that it was placed there to defer traffic from just going in this senior community if they didn't live there...
The vigil wasn't in front of 202 Green Lane. It was held at the last house on the left on Tyler street...the front yard of the mobile home there, has plenty of front yard and that is where it was held at. Cars lined/parked along Tyler street and some along Monroe...The media trucks had plenty of room to set up there as well and they wouldn't have if they'd tried to do it at 202 Green Lane. Realistically speaking, I've seen longer dirt driveways than what Green Lane actually is...there's only 4 mobile homes and then only on the right side of Green Lane....woods on opposite side and behind those four mobile homes. Hope this helps to clear up any questions...

I am so glad they had the candlelight vigils for Haleigh Cummings. She shas been missing so long, I too do not know how the families are handling the worst thing that could happen to parents. I pray there is some measure of peace for them soon and that Haleigh is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie