GUILTY AL - Three dead, 3 injured in shooting at UAH, Amy Bishop charged

Her contract presumably was in place at the time she made the invention. Whether or not she subsequently was denied tenure should presumably make no difference in whether or not the invention is her intellectual property. By the way, killing people isn't going to protect the intellectual property, any way you look at it.

Nor - by the way - am I arguing that it would. But investigating circumstances of these murders is the only way to discover the reasons for them. As - presumably - you would agree.

If you are talking about the gun that she shot her brother with, it was not kept loaded. As the official story goes, the gun was kept unloaded, and she loaded it supposedly to see how to operate it.

Thanks for the infomation. That is even more incriminating to me. She loads a gun in the kitchen to see how it works and it accidentally discharges three time into her brother. They didn't question her until ten days after the "accident" and that sure allows for plenty of time to sort out a scenario. Of course, the victim can no longer give their side of the situation. It was her word alone to what happened.

Nor - by the way - am I arguing that it would. But investigating circumstances of these murders is the only way to discover the reasons for them. As - presumably - you would agree.

The loss of tenure wouldn't affect whether or not she could collect money for her invention.
"Even without tenure, he said, Bishop would retain a share of the fruits of her research. He said whatever happened on Friday wasn't related to financial concerns."
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2010/02/amy_bishop_had_been_denied_ten.html

I referred the link as a possible resource; I didn't endorse it. Your posts indicate an aversion to reading anything which does not support your perception of the crime. And your initial reply in re: tenure indicated a lack of understanding of the depths of the issue vis a vis this case.

You provided a link to a motive for shooting suggesting she would not be able to profit from her invention because she was denied tenure. From the article which I found, her loss of tenure would have nothing to do with her being able to profit from her invention.
But I show the lack of understanding of the depths of the issue?
O'key.
:rolleyes:

Tenure, invention "rights">>> none of that was changed or improved by shooting those innocent people...

I could care less what "motive" this monster had...I don't want to hear whatever sorry justification she might want to use, too many twinkies, depressed, didn't get tenure...who cares?? She killed her brother and skated away ...enough of the tea and sympathy

if this was a blue collar worker who goes into a factory and shoots his fellow workers over being fired we wouldn't even have this conversation

female, intelligent...so what?? that doesn't bring these poor people back to life

I really agree about the analogy to the guy who killed that baby in vegas...there are people who are mentally ill and they are dangerous. I get sick of reading about them, I don't want to know what makes them tick I just want to be safe from them

it is scary to think that this woman was allowed to teach young college students
no wonder they didn't give her tenure...I am surprised they kept her on as long as they did

If you are talking about the gun that she shot her brother with, it was not kept loaded. As the official story goes, the gun was kept unloaded, and she loaded it supposedly to see how to operate it.

Killing brother an accident? NO WAY.

First, as others have said, it was pump action shotgun. [I own one - safely locked away] After loading, it needs to be pumped (or half pumped) to shoot the first time - and pumped every time afterward to shoot again. I can guarantee everyone that "gun pumping" never happens accidentlly.

There are only four moving parts on this shotgun. One the safety - easy and obvious to figure that out. Two the pump - again obvious. Three the trigger - she had this one down. And last, the pump release which allows the shell to be unloaded without firing. Bottom line, kind of easy to operate. Even using "trial and error" with all the gun "doohickies" you would have only one "accident".

Three shots? An accident? One maybe. Two and three? Umm, no.

A shot square in the chest? Of the 41252 radian degrees in three dimensions in which she could point the shotgun (shotguns are pointed - never aimed) it ended up being a direct shot into her brothers heart? Again no.

Was it a cover-up? Don't know. But it was an interfamily killing. Which makes it hard to prosecute when everyone tells the same story.

Keep using you Hinkies. LOL

Happy Valentines Day.

Inter-family killings are prosecuted all the time. Otherwise, if husband killed his wife (or vice versa) police would just say, oh well, it's an inter-family thing. In Bishops case, the police didn't even interview her or her family for 11 days after her brother was shot to death.
Even if you just take the story at face value, why didn't she face charges of some sort of negligent/reckless homicide? The gun was unloaded, she got it, she loaded it, it discharged in her bedroom, and she took it downstairs after that, and her brother ended up dead.
Of course it appears she never got punished for it, and now three other people are dead.

Inter-family killings are prosecuted all the time. Otherwise, if husband killed his wife (or vice versa) police would just say, oh well, it's an inter-family thing. In Bishops case, the police didn't even interview her or her family for 11 days after her brother was shot to death.
Even if you just take the story at face value, why didn't she face charges of some sort of negligent/reckless homicide? The gun was unloaded, she got it, she loaded it, it discharged in her bedroom, and she took it downstairs after that, and her brother ended up dead.
Of course it appears she never got punished for it, and now three other people are dead.

I don't consider husband/wife "inter-family". Husband/wife is a blend of two completely different families. A brother/sister's link directly back to the parents in the household.

The guns laws have changed over the recent years. Today, a child killed by a gun is almost ALWAYS a crime. In 1980's, apparently not so?

I don't consider husband/wife "inter-family". Husband/wife is a blend of two completely different families. A brother/sister's link directly back to the parents in the household.

The guns laws have changed over the recent years. Today, a child killed by a gun is almost ALWAYS a crime. In 1980's, apparently not so?
Well, if you don't consider husband/wife as "inter-familty," children killing parents and parents killing children cases are prosecuted all the time.

IMO, if I 'accidently' shot someone and that person died...............
I would NEVER want to ever see a gun again............
YET SHE was never phased by that!!!!!

I guess I might as well just leave my mouth hanging open on this one. You all are going to get tired of shutting it.

I am a local here as well and it is interesting to read everyone's take on this tragedy. I am shocked that this happpened here and had quite the awakening when this happened, tragedy can strike anywhere.

"During a search of Bishop's computer, authorities found a draft of a novel that Bishop was writing about a female scientist who had killed her brother and was hoping to make amends by becoming a great scientist, according to a person who was briefed on the investigation and spoke to the Globe on the condition of anonymity."

Unbelievable. Thanks for posting that article.

it seems she may have gotten away with at least two major crimes in her life that we know of and I just bet there are many, many more that she was never questioned about

wonder how many strange things happened in her childhood, such as little playmates falling down stairs and neighbours pets dying mysteriously

"During a search of Bishop's computer, authorities found a draft of a novel that Bishop was writing about a female scientist who had killed her brother and was hoping to make amends by becoming a great scientist, according to a person who was briefed on the investigation and spoke to the Globe on the condition of anonymity."

Unbelievable. Thanks for posting that article.

Now, where would she get an idea for a story like that.
:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back