Match! MO - St Louis Co, WhtFem UP5294, 31-35, below scenic lookout, Aug'90 *Cynthia Day*

If you're submitting anything to the East St. Louis PD, good luck with that. National City is near East St. Louis. East St. Louis is in Illinois. You may have better luck with the St. Clair County government offices.

The Day Family would like to thank you sooooooooooo very much for your concerns and your extra caring for the cause of missing persons. We drove 2 hours last night to meet with the law officials involved with this case... Now waiting to hear back from them.

Ok I think I might be on to something here, please give me feedback!

Cynthia Day missing since August 10, 1990
from National City IL (according to Charley Project) - East St Louis IL (according to NAMPM)

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Missing eye tooth
on the left side, no tattoos and has one pierced hole
in each ear, as well she has a scar from a hysterectomy.

Charley Project has more details of disapperance

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/day_cynthia.html

http://www.nampn.org/cases/day_cynthia.html

Compared to this UID in Namus and on the Doe Network

The victim was discovered on August 26, 1990 in St. Louis County, Missouri
Estimated Date of Death: 4 Days - (August 22, 1990)
State of Remains: Decomposed

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 31-35 years old Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Pierced ears. Ovaries and uterus absent.
Clothing: Found nude.
Jewelry: Large gold earrings.
Dentals: Available.
Other: Full body x-rays available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was found at the bottom of a high bluff, at a scenic lookout area, which overlooks the Mississippi River Valley, in St. Louis County, Missouri on August 26, 1990.

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/5294

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1738.html

Things that match:
height
Weight is within 5lbs
UID had large gold earrings, Cynthia is shown in pictures with large earrings in her ears
Cynthia was 37 when she went missing UID age range was 31-35
Cynthia has as hysterectomy scar - UID is missing uterus and ovaries

Cynthia went missing on August 10, 1990, UID was found August 26, 1990 and was decomposing.

What is questionable is that Cynthia was missing an eye tooth and the UID is said to be missing Postmortem

Please let me know what you all think!!

The Day Family would like to thank you sooooooooooo very much for your concerns and your extra caring for the cause of missing persons. We drove 2 hours last night to meet with the law officials involved with this case. We were advised that the UID was sent to an Anthropologist in Colorado shortly after it was discovered and a facial reconstruction was done... We submitted DNA to them last night am we're now waiting to hear back from them. The case manager that was listed as Tracey Lehman on the UID case is no longer available. The info has been completely removed from the site. BTW, we think you're on to something as well!!

Sincerely

Ok I think I might be on to something here, please give me feedback!

Cynthia Day missing since August 10, 1990
from National City IL (according to Charley Project) - East St Louis IL (according to NAMPM)

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Missing eye tooth
on the left side, no tattoos and has one pierced hole
in each ear, as well she has a scar from a hysterectomy.

Charley Project has more details of disapperance

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/day_cynthia.html

http://www.nampn.org/cases/day_cynthia.html

Compared to this UID in Namus and on the Doe Network

The victim was discovered on August 26, 1990 in St. Louis County, Missouri
Estimated Date of Death: 4 Days - (August 22, 1990)
State of Remains: Decomposed

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 31-35 years old Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Pierced ears. Ovaries and uterus absent.
Clothing: Found nude.
Jewelry: Large gold earrings.
Dentals: Available.
Other: Full body x-rays available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was found at the bottom of a high bluff, at a scenic lookout area, which overlooks the Mississippi River Valley, in St. Louis County, Missouri on August 26, 1990.

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/5294

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1738.html

Things that match:
height
Weight is within 5lbs
UID had large gold earrings, Cynthia is shown in pictures with large earrings in her ears
Cynthia was 37 when she went missing UID age range was 31-35
Cynthia has as hysterectomy scar - UID is missing uterus and ovaries

Cynthia went missing on August 10, 1990, UID was found August 26, 1990 and was decomposing.

What is questionable is that Cynthia was missing an eye tooth and the UID is said to be missing Postmortem

Please let me know what you all think!!

It's great to see that the ball is finally rolling on this one.

Thanks Chaddylex for your persistence.

This brought tears to my eyes. I hope it works out for the Day family and this is why we do what we do.

Dear Hopefulforsure,

I am praying that you will finally have the closure you need for your family if this is her. I sent like 4 emails to Tracy Lehmen since January 20th with no response and I was really getting mad!!

I didn't want to contact you personally because I figured that LE would handle this, but I guess I was wrong!

One more question, how far was the UID that was found compared to where your mom went missing from?

Thanks everyone on here for giving me the courage to submit this in the first place! We all work here as a team!

Please keep us updated, and I really feel for your family.

Thank you, Chaddy for your keen eye in putting this one together! I'm so hopeful that this one will bring closure for a family who has suffered waaaaaay too many years without knowing. And if it turns out not to be a match, then we'll at the very least, hopefully, put the fire under some butts to figure out who the UID is and be able to rule out one to be Cynthia. Good job! I know the family thanks you! ;)

I received an email from the Day family thanking me for this possible find... They are waiting to find out if this is Cynthia, thru DNA, but they think it is her, too many similarities between the two.

I can't understand why this match wasn't checked a long time ago, this family has been looking for Cynthia for 20 years!

Again thank you to everyone who gave me the courage to send this in! Cynthia's family may finally have answers!

My fingers are crossed for Cynthia and her family Chaddy! Just like the lady from Houston, it's very possible it's her.

Be proud of yourself! I'm proud of you!

:hug::crossfingers:

Snuf

Thanks Snuf, Carbuff,Carl, and Billylee (and whomever else I forgot to mention)

Fingers are crossed to for the Day family. It will mean alot to me if this is her that I was able to help her family out...personal gratification, I guess.

I will also know that all the time I spend on trying to match missing people to UID's maybe has finally paid off...

My kids tell their friends how I look at this stuff all of the time, and people probably think I am weird, but I don't really care. I am hopefully giving an UID a name and a family closure!

The case that started me trying to match missing people to UID's, actually was in our local paper yesterday... a little girl missing from 1985... (Same age that I was)I will post link http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleynewsdispatch/s_668235.html

Again, everyone pray for the Day family! If this is her, pray for justice also!

Thanks Snuf, Carbuff,Carl, and Billylee (and whomever else I forgot to mention)

Fingers are crossed to for the Day family. It will mean alot to me if this is her that I was able to help her family out...personal gratification, I guess.

I will also know that all the time I spend on trying to match missing people to UID's maybe has finally paid off...

My kids tell their friends how I look at this stuff all of the time, and people probably think I am weird, but I don't really care. I am hopefully giving an UID a name and a family closure!

The case that started me trying to match missing people to UID's, actually was in our local paper yesterday... a little girl missing from 1985... (Same age that I was)I will post link http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleynewsdispatch/s_668235.html

Again, everyone pray for the Day family! If this is her, pray for justice also!

Oh My Goodness, how on earth can they say you're
weird .......
when you're just like all the rest of US!!! LOL :)

LOL - A few of my friends and family raise an eyebrow (only one!) at me when I show them all of this stuff. One friend asks me if I have nightmares after looking at all of these postmortem photos. And of course, I don't get how they can't find this stuff totally intriguing. (not to mention the enormous peace of mind that you can potentially bring to a distraught family).

I found this site when I was Googling for stories on Jaycee Dugard after that story broke. I have been hooked ever since.

This site is very addicting!! I usually am on here while at work, and I also show my coworkers of possible matches that I come up with...

I just hope we can all make a difference in families of missing people, (in a good way)

My heart breaks for Cynthia's family, they have been looking for her for almost 20 years! I can't imagine having a loved one missing that long...not knowing..

I just received an email from Tracey Lehmen from Missouri Highway Patrol... (Looks like she changed jobs)

The Day family is in contact with Bowling Green Police Department. The PD is in the area that the body was found. We are hoping that the meeting goes well!
Tracy Lehmen
Criminal Intelligence Analyst-HIDTA
Missouri State Highway Patrol
Division of Drug and Crime Control

The Day family was notified that their DNA doesn't qualify to be bumped up for a DNA comparison...was told it could take up to a year!

What the heck qualifies??

The Day family was notified that their DNA doesn't qualify to be bumped up for a DNA comparison...was told it could take up to a year!

What the heck qualifies??

Wow. So a possible murderer goes free for another year.
I guess waiting for the last 19-1/2 years for some answers is low priority.
I'm going to say some big prayers, maybe it will help put them closer to the top of the list.
Too bad the family doesn't write to NG, maybe she'd want to do a feature on their story. Nothing like getting the press involved, ya know?

Wow. So a possible murderer goes free for another year.
I guess waiting for the last 19-1/2 years for some answers is low priority.
I'm going to say some big prayers, maybe it will help put them closer to the top of the list.
Too bad the family doesn't write to NG, maybe she'd want to do a feature on their story. Nothing like getting the press involved, ya know?

bbm

That's exactly what I pm'd them to do. This run-around has been going on far toooo long! They need to tell their story to the press and I hope they do.

The Day family reports that LE they are dealing with has subpoenaed the dental records and are working on going that route now. They will keep us informed on what develops.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back