GUILTY MO - Bobbi Jo Stinnett, 23, slain, fetus stolen, Skidmore, 16 Dec 2004

englishleigh said:
She is absolutely beautiful. :*)

Oh God, looking at that picture was like getting punched in the stomach. It's hard to believe that sweet little angel had such a violent entrance into the world.

I'm so glad they got her home to her daddy and her real family.

Found this picture from a slideshow on Yahoo...heartbreaking.

r1816506674.jpg

Zeb Stinnett is standing off to the right, dressed in black with some kind of red thing over his shoulder...biting his lip. :(

englishleigh - there are reports, I cannot verify the truth of, that Lisa Montgomery had her tubes tied or a hysterectomy in 1990. This has been reported in the Maryville paper and her ex husband (Bowman) was just on Greta saying she could not have been pregnant after 1990 because she had her tubes tied. This Bowman fellow seemed pretty angry so take it with a pound of salt until verifiable sources produce it.

Seems like parts of her motive may well be coming to the front - can't have kids, new husband, wants baby with new husband, hmmmm. Could be....

raisincharlie said:
englishleigh - there are reports, I cannot verify the truth of, that Lisa Montgomery had her tubes tied or a hysterectomy in 1990. This has been reported in the Maryville paper and her ex husband (Bowman) was just on Greta saying she could not have been pregnant after 1990 because she had her tubes tied. This Bowman fellow seemed pretty angry so take it with a pound of salt until verifiable sources produce it.

Seems like parts of her motive may well be coming to the front - can't have kids, new husband, wants baby with new husband, hmmmm. Could be....

I'll bet this is the same guy who said she lied about 2 other pregnancies. It could be true, or he could just be one angry ex-hubby.

Your motive idea makes sense. If she was unable to have kids, it doesn't sound like her current husband is aware of it.

luvbeaches said:
I'll bet this is the same guy who said she lied about 2 other pregnancies. It could be true, or he could just be one angry ex-hubby.

Your motive idea makes sense. If she was unable to have kids, it doesn't sound like her current husband is aware of it.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/1159437.html

Saw this article. I think this is what you are referring to...

The former husband of accused murderer Lisa Montgomery, Carl Boman, says that in the 14 years they were married, they could not stay in one place too long because of her tendency to lie.

And in an interview with Kansas City's WDAF television, Boman said telling people she was pregnant was one of them.

Bowman said Montgomery had her tubes tied, and he knows for a fact that since 1990, she has never been pregnant. And said Boman, of the Melvern woman, “Every word out of her mouth was a lie.”

raisincharlie said:

I heard this on Greta last night, too.

If she wanted more children, why the heck did she have her tubes tied ???

I wonder if she is going to plea insanity. :waitasec: This woman has got some serious mental problems. Sounds to me, and I could be wrong, that she likes the attention that goes along with being pregnant. That's why she lied about it so many times.

Mrs. Deann Hensley of Iowa was shopping in the Maryville Wal-Mart on Thursday morning (Dec16) when a woman approached (fiiting Montgomery's description) her and offered to hold her baby while she calmed her other child who was crying. The Iowa woman refused her help and went on about her business, she noted Mrs. Montgomery was shopping for baby clothes.

Surveillance videos from the Maryville Wal-Mart confirm Montgomery was in the store before noon shopping for baby clothes. Source - Maryville Daily Forum.

MrsMush99 said:
I wonder if she is going to plea insanity. :waitasec: This woman has got some serious mental problems. Sounds to me, and I could be wrong, that she likes the attention that goes along with being pregnant. That's why she lied about it so many times.
I am sure the defense will certainly try this approach. I am sure they will ask for and receive a hearing to deternmine compentacy followed by a battery of phsyc test. They will have to prove she was insane at the time of commission of the crime - the problem for the defense and this insanity is that the crime was carefully planned over at least a month - Mrs. Montgomery obviously knew right from wrong, and obviously had enough of her wits to care for the baby after the crime - insane perhaps, legally insane - I doubt it very seriously. JMO

raisincharlie said:
Mrs. Deann Hensley of Iowa was shopping in the Maryville Wal-Mart on Thursday morning (Dec16) when a woman approached (fiiting Montgomery's description) her and offered to hold her baby while she calmed her other child who was crying. The Iowa woman refused her help and went on about her business, she noted Mrs. Montgomery was shopping for baby clothes.

Surveillance videos from the Maryville Wal-Mart confirm Montgomery was in the store before noon shopping for baby clothes. Source - Maryville Daily Forum.

This was SOOOOO premeditated!!! More evidence. And good for that woman for not letting that evil woman hold her baby!!!

I also heard last night that most everyone on those rat terrier boards knew that Lisa Montgomery was a fruitcake and a liar and people avoided her...and that if Bobbie had know that it was LM who was at her door, she would not have let her in...but she thought it was Darlene Fischer...so apparently at those dog shows where the women had supposedly been around one another, Bobbie never connected the name "Lisa Montgomery" with the woman's face, or didn't realize that the nut from the doggie boards was this same woman.

Oh, I don't think she's legally insane either. What I was saying was, that I wouldn't be surprised if the they use this as a defense.

Additional information from the Topeka Capital Journal (subscriber site - if you don't mind joining go for it)

Lisa Montgomery's maiden name was Boman - she married her stepbrother so her first married name remained Boman. Charles Boman of Bartlesville OK filed custody papers against LM for two of the four children on December 10 2004. Two of the four children had contacted him, wanting to come live with him because they were having trouble with LM.

Mr. Boman confirms that LM had had her tubes tied in 1990. Will see what else I can round up - if you wish to read the articles you will need to sign in - up to you but right now this paper is prviding a good deal of coverage.

Here's the article from the Maryville Daily Forum:

Woman may have had scary encounter with Lisa Montgomery
By MATT KELSEY

newsroom@asde.net

Forum Managing Editor

Shopping for CDs and holding her baby in her arms, a Bedford, Iowa, woman had a scary encounter with a woman who may have been Lisa Montgomery at the Maryville Wal-Mart on Thursday morning, only hours before Montgomery allegedly murdered Bobbie Jo Stinnett and cut the baby from her womb.

Deann Hensley was Christmas shopping at the store on Thursday with her mother and her six-month-old daughter. They were in the music section and the child began to cry, then a stranger walked up to them admiring the child.

"It was really weird," Deann Hensley said. "This lady kind of approached me and asked if me if I wanted her to hold the baby while I looked around. She seemed really friendly and was immediately attracted to the baby."

Reports indicate that surveillance videos from Wal-Mart show Montgomery there Thursday morning shopping for baby clothes, which may have been used later in the day to cover Stinnett's baby. Hensley said she was at the store from about 9:30 a.m. until noon, apparently at the same time Montgomery would have been there.

"When I found that out, my heart just started pounding, and I thought, 'Oh, my lord,'" Hensley said.

Still, Hensley is not sure if the woman was Lisa Montgomery.

englishleigh - correction - it is carl boman (Montgomery's stepbrother !) - all of the filings are posted on the Topeka Capital Journal website if you are interested.

raisincharlie said:
Additional information from the Topeka Capital Journal (subscriber site - if you don't mind joining go for it)

Mr. Boman confirms that LM had had her tubes tied in 1990. QUOTE]

so it wasn't from trama from losing her child to miscarriage, her mental illness goes much further than that...

I joined the Topeka paper and read it all. First of all, I know they aren't blood-related, but ugh anyway, on her marrying her stepbrother and having 4 kids with him. She is 36, so she would only been 18 when she married this guy and had their first child, since that child turns 18 soon. Second of all, I bet she had really been behaving erratically in the last few months which was why the kids wanted to live with their dad....I mean, pretending to be pregnant must really take a lot of concentration. Looks like Dad will be getting all 4 kids now, more than likely...at least the 3 youngest.

I feel so sorry for those kids. And for Kevin Montgomery. And especially for the Stinnett and Harper families.

Has there been much said about the younger brother, Tyler? He looked to be about 11 or 12...there were pics of him on Bobbie Jo's site with her dogs and such...I know he is devastated at the loss of his big sister...they seemed to adore each other.

englishleigh said:
I joined the Topeka paper and read it all. First of all, I know they aren't blood-related, but ugh anyway, on her marrying her stepbrother and having 4 kids with him. She is 36, so she would only been 18 when she married this guy and had their first child, since that child turns 18 soon. Second of all, I bet she had really been behaving erratically in the last few months which was why the kids wanted to live with their dad....I mean, pretending to be pregnant must really take a lot of concentration. Looks like Dad will be getting all 4 kids now, more than likely...at least the 3 youngest.

I feel so sorry for those kids. And for Kevin Montgomery. And especially for the Stinnett and Harper families.

Has there been much said about the younger brother, Tyler? He looked to be about 11 or 12...there were pics of him on Bobbie Jo's site with her dogs and such...I know he is devastated at the loss of his big sister...they seemed to adore each other.
I haven't seen or heard much about any of Bobbie Jo's family. The town of Skidmore got use to the press a long time ago and they know how to avoid and put the press out very well. I suspect the sheriff is also keeping things as calm as possible. I do know from my HP contacts that all effort is being put forth to maintain the privacy of the family until things calm down. Lots of prayers are being whispered for them.

This is really a sad story all the way around for all the families involved. I see a very sad history emerging for Lisa Montgomery as well, not that that in anyway will ever excuse her actions but the details are looking pretty grim. Unlike some criminals, I believe she will be a sympathetic character, the antithesis of Scott Peterson if you will, she came from nothing and never got away from nothing, all the while trying to be something. I hope Court TV will follow this case, not sure they will but maybe.

Agree... my first reaction to Lisa was hatred, but now as details of her life are emerging it is impossible not to feel for her. She must have suffered from severe mental problems for a long time, without medical help by the sounds.

Shame it takes an event like this to remove someone from harms way and that something couldn't have been done sooner.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brentr
Back