WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Dee Riggs, reporter for The Wenatchee World. I've been covering the Cowell case and am intrigued by the interest shown here about Mackenzie Cowell. I am hoping that some of you can tell me how you got involved with Websleuths and why you are posting information — some of it's really interesting — on this site. I'm working on a story about all the Internet interest in the case. I can keep your identities to your Websleuths names, or you can tell me your real names. Thanks, Dee

I am from Wenatchee. I read the comments on the newspaper website, and here. I put all the thoughts and ideas, together, to try to figure out who, what, where, when, and why.

I am new to Websleuth. I found this website some time ago, via link to Caylee's story.

I came back to read about Mackenzie. This time I joined.

There is a lot of interesting information, here.
Welcome to websleuths! (wow, I feel like a veteran!)
Fabulous Sleuth name you have chosen...:dance:

This is Dee Riggs, reporter for The Wenatchee World. I've been covering the Cowell case and am intrigued by the interest shown here about Mackenzie Cowell. I am hoping that some of you can tell me how you got involved with Websleuths and why you are posting information — some of it's really interesting — on this site. I'm working on a story about all the Internet interest in the case. I can keep your identities to your Websleuths names, or you can tell me your real names. Thanks, Dee

Somebody posted on the Wenatchee World blogs about this website so I decided to check it out and saw all of the ideas people had here. I think, but could be wrong, that most of the people posting on this case are from the area. It just seems like a website where people are genuinely interested in what happened to Mackenzie. On the Wenatchee World, every time someone would post something about what might have happened to her, they would get chastized by someone saying "leave it to the police! All you armchair detectives know nothing!" and so on. There was so much arguing going on back and forth and here people seem to all have the same objective, which is try to put the pieces of the puzzle together and figure out what happened to her, because the police are not giving very much infomation at all.

Hi Dee. In response to your request, the reason I came to Webslueths is to read everyone's thoughts and opinions regarding this horrific crime in our community. I think we are all frustrated by the lack of information released by LE and just trying to figure out what happened. Many of us have children Mackenzie's age and can't fathom the pain her family is going through and we fear for our own children and all the children of Wenatchee. Was this an isolated case or is there a monster on the loose? That is what we are trying to figure out based on the minimal amount of clues we have to go on. Was this person known to her or random? The advent of the internet and the plethora of public records make sluething possible. I just hope LE has a good idea of who did this and are keeping it under wraps for a very good reason.

The searches were the talk of Sunnyslope which is a upper middle class area that does not often have such action. We are not sure that media was informed but it would be very unlikely they did not know.

This does seem to be a VERY upper class area. I tried typing in WC's address into Zillow but it didn't come up. However, 2 properties that are pretty close to her came up at $1 million and $2.5 million! I'm not sure how similar her property is to these, but if its anywhere close, you're talking about people wo make A LOT of money here!!

Dee Riggs,

I started reading about this case on your website and found it very intriging for obviuos reasons. Lliving in Wenatchee I have heard a number of rumors as I'm sure most people have heard. It seems to be the topic on everyone's mind. The problem I found with your site was that a large number of posters didn't want to discuss the case so much as attack other poster. Also I found that the admin of the site was a little too sensitive to questionable posts, which is their perfect right as it is their site. You will notice that ALOT of what is posted here would be deleted on the Wenatchee World site.
I actually found this site from a post on your site. Hope that helps.

I did a Chelan County property search for the last name F on the website I previously listed. Was surprised to find one in Pitcher Canyon.

Hi Dee
I am usually just a lurker. I enjoy reading what all of the websleuthers come up with & how much information they actually obtain by doing what they do...sleuthing. I joined during the Caylee Anthony case & have followed a lot of high profile cases since. As you can see, I don't post very often. I have thoughts & then read a little further and see that someone else has usually already posted the same thoughts. I live in Walla Walla and obviously this case is a little too close to home. I have visited the Wenatchee, Leavenworth, Chelan areas, and so I feel a bit connected to this case. I have also been camping in the Cresent Bar area and am quite familiar with George & Ellensburg too. I agree with what the other posters have already said, when reading the forum on your newspaper site, I was taken aback by some of the rudeness of some of the posters. I actually did not know anything about MC missing until I saw her thread on Websleuths. I was flaborgasted that I only live three or so hours away and had never heard anything on the local news or read anything in our local paper. This site is wonderful & they do wonderful things. The people on here really care & often go help to search if the individual that is missing is from their area. I will warn you though, this site is awfully addicting & you will find yourself here over & over. Thanks for letting me share.

This does seem to be a VERY upper class area. I tried typing in WC's address into Zillow but it didn't come up. However, 2 properties that are pretty close to her came up at $1 million and $2.5 million! I'm not sure how similar her property is to these, but if its anywhere close, you're talking about people wo make A LOT of money here!!

You are correct!! The Eagle Rock community is one of the most expensive areas around the valley. It is all multi-million dollar homes.

You are correct!! The Eagle Rock community is one of the most expensive areas around the valley. It is all multi-million dollar homes.

Not all of these houses are multi-million dollar homes. A parcel search shows the home in question is valued at about 1/2 that amount.

Hi Dee, Welcome to Websleuths! I don't post in this thread, but have been reading to try and keep up with what's going on in Mackenzies' case.

Just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know that Tricia, the owner of Websleuths does ask that posters who identify themselves as a professional or local and will be posting as such (especially when others that are close to the case may be identifying themselves to you) contact her for verification. Here is her email addy: Tricia Griffith.. tgrif@xmission.com

I'm sure you understand, Tricia just tries to keep WS as safe as possible for all. Thanks So Much!

Eaglerock and Sunnyslope are two different areas although within a mile of each other in north Wenatchee. WC lives in Eaglerock. The spec home she built and that has never been sold and has remained vacant is in Sunnyslope.

There was police surveillance of the spec home on Ridgeview (Sunnyslope area) during the memorial. For some unknown reason they chose a vehicle and officer to do the undercover work that would have passed for a gang banger on the south end of Wenatchee but stood out like a sore thumb in a white, upper class neighborhood like Sunyslope. People in that area are on alert and suspicious right now.

Not verified, the public record sites for county has blocked access to information on JF & SF. WC bf and his wife/ex-wife.

Eaglerock and Sunnyslope are two different areas although within a mile of each other in north Wenatchee. WC lives in Eaglerock. The spec home she built and that has never been sold and has remained vacant is in Sunnyslope.

There was police surveillance of the spec home on Ridgeview (Sunnyslope area) during the memorial. For some unknown reason they chose a vehicle and officer to do the undercover work that would have passed for a gang banger on the south end of Wenatchee but stood out like a sore thumb in a white, upper class neighborhood like Sunyslope. People in that area are on alert and suspicious right now.

Not verified, the public record sites for county has blocked access to information on JF & SF. WC bf and his wife/ex-wife.

The state site has not blocked anything.

I wonder how well MC and her mother got along? Did MC get caught up in some kind of love triangle and needed to be silenced? It sounds to me the person who did this was full of rage and I personally just don't see it with the players currently being discussed.

We have been doing some checking on this. One parent has a daughter who had grown up with MC was surprised the paper said Mom & MC were close. Her understanding was that Mom & MC had not spoken or seen each other for over a month. We have no reason to think this parent would lie as she was very upset about the murder and was close to MC.

We have been doing some checking on this. One parent has a daughter who had grown up with MC was surprised the paper said Mom & MC were close. Her understanding was that Mom & MC had not spoken or seen each other for over a month. We have no reason to think this parent would lie as she was very upset about the murder and was close to MC.

That is really interesting! But, as I think back to when I was looking at WC's fb page, I saw her thanking everybody for birthday wishes a the beginning of February. She said something about "my youngest Mackenzie made me cupcakes."

I also wonder what this parent means about not seeing each other for a month. Wasn't Mackenzie living with her mom? If she wasn't, that could add a whole other element here because most minors live with their mothers.

I'm in no way doubting what you're saying, just adding more for us to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ASDMom2022