Is LP Just Harmless or a Media Agent for the Defense?

Is LP Just Harmless or have an Agenda and Mission?

• LP is Just Harmless

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • LP has an Agenda and Mission

Votes: 139 73.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the pictures of Caylee were indeed sold by KC to the media think about how JB was able to get ahold of them. KC was out on bail and how did that happen? Connect the dots. Maybe there is a daisy chain but it may have nothing to do with RK. JMO

LP was recently on NG (Feb. 26) floating his 'daisy chain' theory again, see transcript below.

My concern is growing as to whether LP is just harmless and spinning tales as a 'media wh_re' to get on TV or whether he has changed sides to the Defense and has both an agenda and a mission.

LP is playing a dangerous game that risks evidence being suppressed. He recently intimated in earlier interviews on NG that -- if his theory is true it could directly impact evidence in the case. TP has said that LP is/was in daily contact with JB. LP was originally connected with JB via a mutual benefactor in New York.

Given that RK upstaged LP, fellow bounty hunters with the discovery of Caylee that LP so desperately sought and then LE embarassed LP big time during the search for Caylee at JBP --- is the below payback or is he on the Defense future payroll?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1002/26/ng.01.html

Love him or hate him ( I love him ), he would make a wonderful hot air balloon.

He is entertaining, but that is all. He showed very poor judgment inserting himself into this case uninvited. I am sure he complicated things for LE, made the investigation much more difficult and that is unforgivable. Those of us who witnessed Casey right after she was arrested smirking as she faced cameras for the first time had our hinky meters ringing off the wall, but his comments were that she had been involved in some sort of accident with Caylee. Say whaat? What was the smirking about? It took him quite a while to figure out what everyone else had already realized. Not very astute of him. Ask any of us if we would risk $50K of our own money on Casey's innocence, even at that early stage! Not happening...
He is full of bluster and I think in fact he knows no more about this case than any of us. He likes to hint of inside knowledge to increase his importance, to get back on NG, but he has none.

Here this private investigator, Vinne P. explains something that we may have guessed all along, but I must say I was surprised to hear admitted on national television.....that OFTEN his P I firm is hired by a PUBLISHING HOUSE OR PRODCTION COMPANY TO FORM A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FAMILY ON A HIGH PROFILE CASE....SO THAT THEY WILL HAVE AN IN WITH THEM WHEN IT COMES TIME TO STRIKE THE BOOK AND OR MOVIE DEAL.
Since LP was contacted by a friend in the media and asked to join in on this case, and LP did have his own show at one time... I think the chances of this are 99 percent. ( just my opinion )[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT3NDkyLBUM[/ame]
God bless all of LE and all of the good, good people that came from all over the US, including our own members to search, and all of those who donated to to the search for little Caylee.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRbPttIfnm4[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0GEcw9naLU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIxE5TW8dU[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYweJpl7lwo[/ame]

The important thing to remember about LP is that he has had some wild theories on this case so far that have all been debunked. All of them. He believed Lee was Caylee's dad....that is a vile accusation to make publicly with nothing to substantiate it. Lee is not Caylee's father. Next he thought
the baby was in the pond he had divers in. NO. She was not. First he said how Kronk knew where to look was from his boss who is the Anthony's neighbor, then he switched that to he thinks Kronk MAY HAVE heard that from his gf...later that morphed into more of a certainty. The theme here is that the theories are just that and very fluid...indeed.
Secondly...his dear friends and family members who hold him in esteem and clearly have affection for him call him a media *advertiser censored*. They know him best. He is thoroughly enjoying the limelight.

Here this private investigator, Vinne P. explains something that we may have guessed all along, but I must say I was surprised to hear admitted on national television.....that OFTEN his P I firm is hired by a PUBLISHING HOUSE OR PRODCTION COMPANY TO FORM A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FAMILY ON A HIGH PROFILE CASE....SO THAT THEY WILL HAVE AN IN WITH THEM WHEN IT COMES TIME TO STRIKE THE BOOK AND OR MOVIE DEAL.
Since LP was contacted by a friend in the media and asked to join in on this case, and LP did have his own show at one time... I think the chances of this are 99 percent. ( just my opinion ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYweJpl7lwo

Yes, I always wondered if it was Geraldo that sent him there...

Harmless? No way. Continuing to propagate rumors that have been debunked is harmful to the prosecution, and is in no way going to help get justice in this case. Somewhere out there, a little old lady who might end up on the jury is watching that, thinking "Well look at that nice man, who just tried to help. I don't trust that snake-handler RK at all!"

His agenda is shameless self promotion. Shows like NG and the plethora of quasi-reality shows like "Dog the Bounty Hunter" have made people like LP into some kind of pop idol and give him a platform to stick his foot in his mouth.

Agreed.
I think LP's agenda is LP. Good or bad , right or wrong it is all about LP. I think he will go wherever he stands to gain the most.

And that my friends, IS the bottom line.

I am grateful that he bailed Casey out, though. We get the testimony of LP's cohorts in re. her behavior/demeanor, we got to know about GA going crazy on KC, we got to hear about GA's friend admitting that GA knew that Casey had the answer....and who knows what else valuable came out of her being home. 'FINALLY! We can talk w/o being recorded and seeing it on the 6 o'clock news!' No bombshells....YET. Could have this been the time during which she might have given some directions in re. the woods? Who knows? *shrug* '

The whole Kronk/JB/LP connection does make me :waitasec: . I think LP is wrong on that one, though.

I voted that LP has his own agenda but I don't think it is on behalf of the defense. My opinion of him has changed 180 degrees. I once found him amusing and appreciated his "stirring the pot" I now find him, to borrow from Tulesa, an excellent source for a hot air balloon.....

I do agree with the post by TheWorldAccording, he was inserted into this case to establish the relationships for a media deal, whether its a book, a movie, or both.

I know this is far-fetched...but think about it for just a second...

What if the evidence the prosecution isn't releasing is about LP or is from one of his people??? Would that not just be ironic enough for Allanis to write another song about??

When LP appeared on the scene, I too was amused and intrigued by such a colorful character.

I was only able to tolerate NG when he was initially on. But then I could see he was sideways on everything, and it was always about his theories, not the facts.

Self promotion through the roof. Now he reminds me of those aging actors who will do anything with plastic surgery to stay for just one minute more in the spotlight.

Then I realized he and Casey have one characteristic in common. A huge hunger to constantly be the centre of attention, even if the attention isn't good.

Sigh, I should have realized when I first saw him. He wears a black hat and we all know the good guys wear white hats.

Go home Leonard. You are doing too much damage to this case by interfering and whether intentional or not, you appear to be helping the defense. Go home. Now. Please.

I'm sure we could have suspected both DC and Hoover of the same thing (only they may have been freelancing hoping for an Equirer bid).

I'm sure we could have suspected both DC and Hoover of the same thing (only they may have been freelancing hoping for an Equirer bid).

Agree, but they only had their 15 minutes in the spotlight, not pushing their way into any and every spotlight, no matter how small and no matter what it takes, or who it hurts.

Any attorney or LE that listens to him should be looking for another job. Not unlike other media types he has come to love he sound of he own voice.

..i think LP loves the camera and the spotlight, preferably on HIMSELF as much as possible. i think his 'daisy-chain' involving RK was/is due to his jealousy that RK could do what he could not ( find caylee) . he probably almost choked on his toothpick when the camera and spotlight were on RK and not on himself.

..even with the letter he rec'd from RK's lawyer----he still won't shut up about his RK theories etc..just as long as the camera is rolling...and pointed in his direction..

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4453889...yers-Letter-to-Leonard-Padilla-on-Feb-20-2009

..i think LP loves the camera and the spotlight, preferably on HIMSELF as much as possible. i think his 'daisy-chain' involving RK was/is due to his jealousy that RK could do what he could not ( find caylee) . he probably almost choked on his toothpick when the camera and spotlight were on RK and not on himself.

..even with the letter he rec'd from RK's lawyer----he still won't shut up about his RK theories etc..just as long as the camera is rolling...and pointed in his direction..

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4453889...yers-Letter-to-Leonard-Padilla-on-Feb-20-2009

I love LP and find him entertaining but he could still enjoy the spotlight without these 'daisy chain' and RK theories. That's what bothers me.

LP could apply his money and theories towards constructively help solving the case and seeking Justice for Caylee -- as we do on WS. These RK theories just knock against RK and plant bad urban myth seeds in the future Jury pool, aiding the Defense assertion that Caylee was dumped by SODDI when KC was in jail rather than the facts.

I am sure that LP originally offered to assist LE and FBI but given his 'loose talk' and regular appearances on NG he was avoided and spurned. However, is it right to meddle in this way for more TV appearances?

If LP is correct in his 'daisy chain' theory and targetting of RK and extended family then he should apply his resources to provide some concrete proof and share it with LE. Put up or shut up. The fact that this has been going on over a year makes it a rumor, an urban myth. So why keep on floating it? = Agenda and mission.

While LP can seem to be harmless and a joke to us well informed WS'ers ... to me he is a real danger IMO to the future Jury pool and Justice for Caylee.

What price fame? What cost to Justice?

He is harmless and not on anyone's side but his own. The mess and embarrassment he created by getting Casey out of jail definitely does NOT make him any friend of the defense or the A's. And I think the SA and LE have enough of a rodeo on their hands, so I don't see them asking him for any favors anytime soon. I think they, like me, are more amused by him than anything else.

I think he's just sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong. And unless NG stops inviting him on her show, which if she's really ramping things up now that won't happen, he's going to continue to stick his nose in this case. As long as nothing he says ever rings true or he doesn't really do anything to interfere or alter the case in any way, he's just going to keep sitting on the sidelines and offering his "words of wisdom".

I don't take him one bit seriously, and I don't see many other people taking him seriously either. He's just one more wacky character to add to the nonsense portion of this case.

I love LP and find him entertaining but he could still enjoy the spotlight without these 'daisy chain' and RK theories. That's what bothers me.

LP could apply his money and theories towards constructively help solving the case and seeking Justice for Caylee -- as we do on WS. These RK theories just knock against RK and plant bad urban myth seeds in the future Jury pool, aiding the Defense assertion that Caylee was dumped by SODDI when KC was in jail rather than the facts.

I am sure that LP originally offered to assist LE and FBI but given his 'loose talk' and regular appearances on NG he was avoided and spurned. However, is it right to meddle in this way for more TV appearances?

If LP is correct in his 'daisy chain' theory and targetting of RK and extended family then he should apply his resources to provide some concrete proof and share it with LE. Put up or shut up. The fact that this has been going on over a year makes it a rumor, an urban myth. So why keep on floating it? = Agenda and mission.

While LP can seem to be harmless and a joke to us well informed WS'ers ... to me he is a real danger IMO to the future Jury pool and Justice for Caylee.

What price fame? What cost to Justice?

ITA! And remember when RK threatened to sue LP over these statements? I wish he would come back now and do it IF there is nothing to what LP says. At least a lawsuit might shut him up! JMO.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18780059/detail.html/

He'd be more of an 'entity' to me if he were ever right. He is simply emotion/money driven and while he seems to be a good person, he just doesn't know what he's talking about. He states things as if he knows them for a fact, and that makes it even harder to take him seriously. I have heard he does a lot of good things for people and is very generous though.

What gets on my nerves is that he acts as if he is a flamboyant performer in a big, entertaining show but the 'star' of this particular show is a poor tiny little dead girl, so I'd rather see more respect and less spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288