WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always and still do think that CB was the crime scene from start to finish. If it was, it would make sense for them to be fished out of the river. Still incredibly stupid though.

I am new to WS and getting caught up on the posts and WS process.
I am very familiar with CB and wonder why you think that what the place of the crime scene? How and when would she/they have gotten there? I recall a TV interview with a CB neighbor who noticed the "brodie" marks from a car from Friday night but they had seen no activity at the place beforehand. Although the house was empty, the driveway was visible from the street and IMO one would surely notice if a car had been there?

I have always and still do think that CB was the crime scene from start to finish. If it was, it would make sense for them to be fished out of the river. Still incredibly stupid though.

Theory

I'm thinking about 40/60 on it being the crime scene. Leaning away, actually. But, you may well be correct

I think the killer knew this spot, had it in his mind, and after the killing he ran through to think where he/she could dispose of stuff and do it quickly. The body, the tools, etc. Somehow, he/she was familiar with this property.

This is why I think he drove the car up PC Rd too, as he/she couldn't leave it down there with no ride back- which is why I think he acted alone until the point of the car dump. From this point may or may not have gotten a ride back. But to me, the closeness of PC Rd to town made it seem a good dump spot. I think after he/she got up there, they realized it was not and just wanted to be rid of the car and away from it fast. Thus the poorly hidden park spot.

All of this could be from the killing either happening, or not happening at CB.

Errr... maybe I'm missing something, but how would LE have murder weapons if the murder scene is still unknown? I can't see a perp being stupid enough to leave them at CB if she was killed at CB, or up Pitcher C. So where would they obtain them?

Think, 'dive team' and of the infamous 'white buoy'.

I don't want to distract from the interest in Pufnstuf's pictures, because I believe that she is onto something.

I've mentioned it once before, but it also looks as if MC's senior pictures may have been taken at CB -- and one of them where sagebrush meets manicured lawn -- looks like it could have been from the CB yard. Do we know who took her senior pictures?

What are the chances the game was cancelled? Anyway to find out?

Salem

No the game was not cancelled- the performance most likely was. I was there. There was no performance that I recall.

These things are scheduled and cancelled on a fairly routine basis.

Errr... maybe I'm missing something, but how would LE have murder weapons if the murder scene is still unknown? I can't see a perp being stupid enough to leave them at CB if she was killed at CB, or up Pitcher C. So where would they obtain them?

Good Question, Don't know , just rumors

About the pics Puf posted-

I keep looking between both of them, and the one with the little boy shows a hill to the right of the coast line in the back.
Looking at the pic of CB, there is no hill, but the really high, jutted mountain type landscape, which I don't think would be visibly the same if it was a picture taken from the same angle as the one with the little boy.

I think the one with the little boy is Lake Chelan. The shore at Lake Chelan is rocky like that in areas.

I could be wrong, but I thought I would add the input.

I think this has been stated, but in my experience in CB, the water is NOT that clear and generally the waves don't break like that due to the very shallow shoreline. MOO

A couple of thoughts: First of all, I have a hammer in my vehicle right now. I just noticed it the other day. Yes, it's random, but I don't plan on using it as a weapon! I used it at another location (project for my kids) and never took it out. No real hurry, as we have others at home. I'm just saying, it wouldn't be all that unusual for someone to have something as seemingly innocent as a hammer in their vehicle.

Second - I heard from a relative of someone in LE a couple days after MC was found, that the knife was not removed from the body. The statement was actually that she had a knife in her back. RUMOR ONLY, as I can't confirm. I dismissed it as gossip until we learned that she had been stabbed in the neck. I'm wondering if this is one of the "clues" that someone else here on WS heard but would only talk about if someone else said it first - ???

I don’t know if everyone is aware of this; the former owner of the CB house has a facebook. I don't think that I can post it? His facebook photo is him standing on the deck of the CD house.

First time poster, long time reader.
The pictures that pufnstuff posted brought back a thought i had a while ago.
PC seems like a place that seeing a car on the side of the road is not so atypical that you would call the police after only an hour of it being there.
During a decent hour 6ish to 8ish why would you be concerned about the car park on the outside of your property.
Just something that I've been thinking about.

I wonder if there was something suspicious about the car that hasn't been released. The report was not listed as "abandoned car" is was listed has "suspicious":

http://www.golakechelan.com/ccso/ccso_public.php

10C01196 SUSPICIOUS 20:02:34 02/09/10 ACT

RED PONTIAC GRAND PRIX LIC/ NOBODY AROUND, HAS BEEN PARKED BY THE RP'S FEEDLOT FOR THE LAST HOUR. HAS CHILDRENS CLOTHES IN THE BACK.

RP ADVISES THE VEHICLE IS APPROX 1 1/2 MILE UP THE CANYON, AND SAYS THERE IS A

above bold by me: and says there was a what? Maybe something more suspicious that made the homeowner call. All just speculation.

I don't want to distract from the interest in Pufnstuf's pictures, because I believe that she is onto something.

I've mentioned it once before, but it also looks as if MC's senior pictures may have been taken at CB -- and one of them where sagebrush meets manicured lawn -- looks like it could have been from the CB yard. Do we know who took her senior pictures?

Yes, we know who took her photos (fact). There is a website for the photographer that was previously posted (fact). The photos were taken at Desert Canyon (fact) -- a golf course community, near Orondo, where her father lives (fact).

ETA: The above referenced "facts" are NOT based on posts here, they are based on personal knowledge, and could easily be confirmed by anyone as "fact".

The senior photos were likely taken- I believe this was discussed and possibly confirmed earlier- up near Desert Canyon Golf Corse near where her dad lives. The area has the same look.

I am trying to see how the pictures are similar. Maybe I am thinking differently. Are you thinking that they were taken across the river looking towards Crescent Bar? If they were taken from the house at Crescent Bar, and if memory serves me correctly, there are no houses on that side of the river...I am just not seeing what you all are seeing. Can anyone explain the houses?

In the previous thread (#9) check out post #602..In the 2nd pix it looks to me like the houses could be the ones across from the CB house only pix was taken further down (to the right) vs most of the others we've seen..KWIM?

I wonder if there was something suspicious about the car that hasn't been released. The report was not listed as "abandoned car" is was listed has "suspicious":

RED PONTIAC GRAND PRIX LIC/ NOBODY AROUND, HAS BEEN PARKED BY THE RP'S FEEDLOT FOR THE LAST HOUR. HAS CHILDRENS CLOTHES IN THE BACK.

above bold by me: and says there was a what? Maybe something more suspicious that made the homeowner call. All just speculation.

With the limited number of homes in the area, an unattended vehicle at that location would be suspicious. I would have waited an hour, in hopes that someone would have come back to it and then call LE.

Hmmm... now that's interesting...

Does anyone know whether or not she was "scheduled" to perform?

IMHO this would put a whole new light on the information we have concerning dinner plans and an early curfew.

Wasn't this discussed previously in a thread? As I remember, they did not actually perform that night and it was girls basketball senior night. Also, their schedule changed from what that schedule you are referring to. That is what I remember reading in one of the threads.

I'm curious, when LE found MC's car up PC did they talk with any of the neighbors? Could MC have been taken into a house in PC and held or killed there? Seems there could be a possible connection between the PC homeowner and house at CB. If so, is there also a connection between the PC homeowner (or his kids) and MC?

The owner has a "minor" who attempted to "run away" 1/09..This info is in the police log..Not sure of the age or any connection to MC..The owner also owns a construction co. (and is a rancher?) which=access to tools that supposedly were used in the murder..Just saying!

Its weird that the person looked in the car, after only an hour, or even before this hour. I can imagine so many things car ran out of gas, car pooling to go up in the woods, and more for believing that the car was there. There must have really been something unusual about it.

Theory

I'm thinking about 40/60 on it being the crime scene. Leaning away, actually. But, you may well be correct

I think the killer knew this spot, had it in his mind, and after the killing he ran through to think where he/she could dispose of stuff and do it quickly. The body, the tools, etc. Somehow, he/she was familiar with this property.

People who may be familiar with the CB property:

1) Lawn care employees who kept the CB property mowed for the real estate agency.

2) Realtor.

3) Anyone who had attended parties at the address. Let's face it. That deck was made for get-togethers.

4) Anyone who did construction work at the property. The siding looks relatively new, probably added when the new addition was added. The deck looks relatively new. Concrete work for the concrete portion of the driveway/garage addition. Asphalt work on the driveway down to the property. Back overhang over the deck looks relatively new, with new siding.

5) Meter readers. Electric, gas, water.

6) Anyone who may have used the shoreline while the house has been vacant. Boaters, skiiers, hunters, fishers.

7) Maid service.

8) Caretaker of the property for real estate company.

9) Window installers. Those huge windows didn't come with the mobile home. Custom installs.

10) Construction people working inside the home. That home isn't an original mobile home floor plan. Looks like it was gutted and then reinstalled. Look at the counters inside... high dollar. Wonder when the remodel was done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.