WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
??? I wonder if the vehicle shows a prior accident?? It sounds as if Shantina had a head injury?? Or maybe even some sort of stroke, despite her young age that would be possible??

Here's hoping that they are in those woods or area alive...hopefully the scout training will help them?? I wonder if she led them out there and now this poor little guy is there trying to take care of her?

Oh how sad that she didn't seem worse in the diner and they might have called 911 for her...but hindsight is always flawless...I guess that she looked normal enough there?? The fact she fell outside is worrysome IMHO

I am NOT a medical professional but this does sound like some sort of brain problem or head injury or ??

Looks like the waitress was right about her falling in the parking lot. :(

<snip>
Simmons also said Smiley stopped at the Martin Way Diner for food about 9 p.m., purchased the food and walked away without taking it.

Chamberlain said the woman apparently fell in the restaurant parking lot. When she stopped by a house to ask directions, those in the house said she appeared disoriented and indicated she'd hurt her knee, apparently in the fall. "She looked a little out of sorts," Chamberlain said.

Lt. Chris Mealy, with the Thurston County Sheriff's Office, told The Associated Press that Smiley has no history of mental illness or any other problems.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011351454_missing16m.html

Couple of older cases. If you cross reference the case number on #2 you will see a DV-PO and I assume the other party is the Father of her son. Do we know if there have been any recent problems or issues with CBW?

What's interesting is that Cowlitz County is in southern WA, not near Olympia or Silverlake. Castle Rock IS in Cowlitz County. The finace's website says that Azriel's father lives in New York, and that the person they (Shantina, Azriel, and the fiance, who was traveling in a separate car) were visiting in Castle Rock is Shantina's stepfather.

I don't mean to insinuate that the stepfather is in any way involved in these Cowlitz Co. court proceedings.

What's interesting is that Cowlitz County is in southern WA, not near Olympia or Silverlake. Castle Rock IS in Cowlitz County. The finace's website says that Azriel's father lives in New York, and that the person they (Shantina, Azriel, and the fiance, who was traveling in a separate car) were visiting in Castle Rock is Shantina's stepfather.

I don't mean to insinuate that the stepfather is in any way involved in these Cowlitz Co. court proceedings.

She graduated from High School in Castle Rock. Look at her MS Page. I looked up the guy on the Court Case. He is only 30, so not likely the step-father, nor the Father of her son.

http://www.robbsimmons.com/

Also has pictures of the van at the bottom.

Thanks. They must have just been added, I just read the article a few minutes ago and didn't see them.

image301.jpg

image299.jpg

http://www.robbsimmons.com/

Prayers for these two...

Hopefully they set out walking from the car and will be found safely soon.

I do not know this family at all, but
one news article said that her fiance called a former boy friend of Shantina's and her son's father, who is in NY.

I wonder if she had a head injury even before she fell at the diner? It seems there is a few hours unaccounted for before she made it to the diner.

It sounds like she had run into traffic earlier (per the fiance's website), but she also appeared to be lost.

Since the van doors were open when the van was found, I hope that means they made it out of the water safely. Strange that her purse was gone but her wallet was there, although the wallet may have falllen out unnoticed if she grabbed the purse quickly while getting out of the van. Whatever the cause, it sounds like something was mentally off. I hope she and her son are found okay.

I wonder if she had a head injury even before she fell at the diner? It seems there is a few hours unaccounted for before she made it to the diner.

It sounds like she had run into traffic earlier (per the fiance's website), but she also appeared to be lost.

Since the van doors were open when the van was found, I hope that means they made it out of the water safely. Strange that her purse was gone but her wallet was there, although the wallet may have falllen out unnoticed if she grabbed the purse quickly while getting out of the van. Whatever the cause, it sounds like something was mentally off. I hope she and her son are found okay.

I was thinking the same thing.
She gets delayed in traffic.
And, I am unsure of this, but she might have had a minor traffic accident,
: her fiance says the van's bumper looks dented slightly. If that happened, perhaps she had a concussion.
It could account for her still in Olympia area hours after she arrived there and going to get food at the diner at 9pm, 9:30pm or nearly 10pm, depending on which news source you read.
And there is where her son supposedly sons that mom fell down.

Maybe disoriented, takes wrong turn back to the freeway,
stops, asks for directions, and then I think this is where she called her grandparents.
But then made another wrong turn.

I do hope they are trudging along somewhere, trying to make it home.
You would think they would knock on a house and ask for help, use the phone, ask the people to call the police.?

Holding onto hope for them.

I just read this article. A long time has past for them to be trudging out and way from the van. I hope they are found safe. It does sound like she was having physical problem. (I had a young-ish friend who had a mild stroke while driving and she became very confused.)

My other fear is that she asked another person for directions, that person jumped in the van with them and lead them to danger. I really really hope that is not the case.

I hope they are safe and well.

My fear or concern in this case is that
she did have some kind of physical head injury
or a possible mini stroke or seizure
and she collapsed. That her son is staying with
his mom.
If so, they can't be too far away.

Looks like the waitress was right about her falling in the parking lot. :(

<snip>
Simmons also said Smiley stopped at the Martin Way Diner for food about 9 p.m., purchased the food and walked away without taking it.

Chamberlain said the woman apparently fell in the restaurant parking lot. When she stopped by a house to ask directions, those in the house said she appeared disoriented and indicated she'd hurt her knee, apparently in the fall. "She looked a little out of sorts," Chamberlain said.

Lt. Chris Mealy, with the Thurston County Sheriff's Office, told The Associated Press that Smiley has no history of mental illness or any other problems.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011351454_missing16m.html

ok...so the van was backed in the water? I thought it went in nose first....so, it does sound like she was turning around.

Very confusing....

Here is another family members page...she is giving good updates.

http://twitter.com/NickyOnStarship

from the twitter link above:
stepdaughter posts:

<LI id=status_10532486519 class="hentry u-NickyOnStarship status" done25="10" done24="10" done23="10" done21="10" done19="10" done8="10" done5="10">the dogs have picked up on something!!!!!!!!! about 1 hours ago via web ...

Hoping they are close to finding them!

from the twitter link above:
stepdaughter posts:

<LI id=status_10532486519 class="hentry u-NickyOnStarship status" done25="10" done24="10" done23="10" done21="10" done19="10" done8="10" done5="10">the dogs have picked up on something!!!!!!!!! about 1 hours ago via web ...

Hoping they are close to finding them!

Yes....crossing fingers....praying....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members